Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:38 pm

Haley looks at them and shrugs. "From some research on Plasma."

---
"Should we go back and ask them? I mean that was the spot right?"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:23 pm

Apparently not having any more time to chat, Koa only hesitates for a second before deciding to flee to his right, into the left side of the maze.

At first Koa barrels through the pitch blackness, brushing his right hand along the wall to guide him and his left braced in front to shrug off any impacts, relying on equal parts memory and instinct to guide him to the end of the maze. His mind works as fast as it can during all that, trying to come up with some sort of plan.

Hounds, it sounded like? So they're gonna be tracking him. Koa wondered if they'd be thrown off at all by him having trekked through the whole maze and back. Maybe some of them would turn right at the entrance, since that's where he came from last? Koa was mentally kicking himself for not making any Bait, but how was he supposed to know he'd have pokemon chasing him? The other two monsters weren't pokemon, as far as he could tell! Nothing he could do about it now, but what could Koa do now? He could either try outrunning them, which wasn't likely given they could probably see in here, or he could try... slowing them down? The only way to do that was to spread some fresh scent around, but that would waste time and let them catch up, wouldn't it? Unless...

Koa slows down marginally, building a stone in his hand. He makes sure to roll it around in his hand before tossing it into a side passage, skipping it along the floor. He keeps doing this even as he (hopefully) proceeds through the darkened maze at a fairly decent rate. Hopefully the scent on those stones will waste enough of his pursuers' time for him to make it to the end- no. Actually he just needs to make it to the end of the static lady's lair. Then he can close the door there behind him!

Assuming he makes it as far as the graveyard room, Koa considers messing with the chemistry bench... but taking the time to make anything wasn't a luxury Koa currently had. Regretfully, his only choice is to forge on ahead, tossing stones down wrong passageways as he went along.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:24 pm

"A change in leadership, maybe?"

"I doubt they're in a mood to share with us. Maybe if that had been how we first approached, but not now. Let's just get moving."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:49 pm

Irene breathes a sigh of relief, that pesky sandile was probably tougher then the rest of his pokemon combine.

All right, I know fire isn't the best for you, but we've just got to rebuild our momentum! Get some distance and use fairy wind.

Ochrana happily obliges levitating as far away as he can from the fire pokemon and launching a weak, but very accurate fairy wind.

Ochrana fairy wind [1d20] = 18 damage [2d6+18] = 3+18 = 21

"Just like that keep it up!"

Irene
inspirational training
cheerleader - motivated

(31/21)Etoile 12/73 recalled
(23)Rythem 23/104 recalled
(20/22) Ochrana 60/63 +2 evasion, +4 save checks excited (1) motivated (1)
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15)Houndour
(15)Sandile KO
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye KO

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:28 am

Bjorn stands. "Yup, I don't like cities but even I miss a decent bed! Lets get going eh?" He recalls Husk and Sneak, and sends out Tank, helping place everyone's packs up onto his imitation pack mule.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:27 pm

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

Some talks are had, but no decisions made... Save for Bjorn, who is all ready to continue. Luna sighs, but seems to agree...

(Roll perception and ahtletics or survival if you're continuing)

Koa

Koa decides to not waste any more precious time, soon dashing off in one side of the maze... Making very fast progress, his intuition and survival instincts leading him even in the dark, as he manages to guess where the turns come before his hand even strokes around the corner... But even so, he just can't help but shake the feeling that something is right behind him at all times- And that if he just dared look over his shoulder, it'd be looking straight back. But at least the occasional howls he hears seems to be a safe distance away, still... As he hopes he's able to distract it by flinging the occasional rock down some halls.

"Clever."

"Let me ask you. How much do you think you've figured out already..?"

Irene

Ochrana hits with a fairy wind, dealing good damage... Before the dog retaliates with an ember for 43(50) damage!

(20/22) Ochrana 10/56 +2 evasion, +4 save checks excited (1) motivated (1)
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15)Houndour heavily injured
(15)Sandile KO
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye KO

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:09 pm

My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:40 pm

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:42 pm

Well this was new, being chased and asked questions at the same time. Koa was tempted to just ignore 'Jack' and focus on getting away. Though, Koa's doing just about all he can to get away as it is, yet the voice and its presence don't seem to be lagging behind any.

"I... got some ideas. You tell me if they're right, yeah?"

"I'm guessing Jack had something bad happen to his first team. I dunno what he got out of it, but it must've been worth a lot more than that Darkrai guy's blessing. You don't really gotta lose anything for that much. I don't... get why he wants people to know about that, though, unless he's trying to warn people not to do what he did? Or something?"

Koa mentally pauses to think for a moment, almost looking over his shoulder at whatever's chasing him. He thinks better of it and continues to flee.

"...I'm kinda wondering if this lines up at all with Numa. She was still an egg when Darkrai gave her his power, then he and Numa's dad left somewhere. You know anything about that?"
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:51 pm

While the fire stings, Ochrana resists a little bit of the damage (excited condition used)

All right, now lock him down and we'll be fairly solid!

Ochrana follow through with fairy lock, and activating master lock!

Ochrana
Fairy Lock
Master lcok - ember disable

Irene
inspirational training
cheerleader - excited

(20/22) Ochrana 15/56 +2 evasion, +4 save checks excited (1) motivated (1)
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15)Sandile KO
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye KO
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:33 am

► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:16 am

Alex, Haley, Koa

The group continues, progress relatively fast, everything considered... The party soon back on the road, and following it along to Murkoff... On the road they manage to spot the presence of a couple Torracats in the tall grass, as well as Pancham and zangoose in the forests.

Koa

Koa continues running, while at the same time having a... "Friendly" conversation with the thing chasing him. It does occur to him that maybe it just wants to keep him talking to keep him easier to track... Then again, it seems like it's still quite literally behind him- And at one or two occasions, he could swear that he saw those red glowing eyes staring at him from down one of the corridors, as he'd quickly take another one instead.

"I... got some ideas. You tell me if they're right, yeah?"

"I'm guessing Jack had something bad happen to his first team. I dunno what he got out of it, but it must've been worth a lot more than that Darkrai guy's blessing. You don't really gotta lose anything for that much. I don't... get why he wants people to know about that, though, unless he's trying to warn people not to do what he did? Or something?"

"You're right on a couple things. But you've mixed up the order. Jack, was... Is, a bad person. In the pursuit of glory, he pushed his pokemon beyond their limits. They died. It was this Darkrai tried to warn him off, but he did not listen until it was too late. It was only then that Jack finally returned, and made a deal."

"A deal to remove this cancerous part of himself."

"He agreed. And gave him the NIGHTMARE URN. A relic that can separate out these bad parts from men."

"And that is me."

"Jack."

"And if you believe he's showing you all this as a cautionary tale... That would be an optimistic view of things."

Koa thinks he should be getting pretty close to the final room..! Right now, he's at the door he could lock behind him- Would it do something against the one chasing him..?

Irene

Ochrana triggers her master lock ability, locking down the houndour as his ember becomes disabled..! Jack raises an eyebrow, before the angry houndour critically bites down for 58(21) damage... Knocking him out regardless!

"That is most certainly not a regular move... Impressive."

(20/22) Ochrana -6/56 +2 evasion, +4 save checks excited (1) motivated (1)
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15)Houndour heavily injured, ember disabled
(15)Sandile KO
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye KO

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:21 am

Koa blindly feels around for the door, soon closing and locking it behind him. He doesn't expect it to stop "Jack", fully expecting the apparition or whatever to have slipped through already, but at least it'll deal with the hound problem. As he's doing so, he can't help but feel that "Jack's" explanation didn't make as much sense as what Koa had envisioned. Koa thought that Jack had just sacrificed his team all at once to do whatever this urn had done. He couldn't imagine pushing any pokemon to the point where they die, let alone doing that to seven pokemon one after the other. That is, unless that person was just plain evil, but then Jack wouldn't have felt bad enough about it to repent if he was that far gone, would he?

Koa cautiously walks towards the mirror room and the final room beyond it. If this "Jack" thing was going to take him it would have done so already, so there's no point in hurrying now that the dogs aren't a problem.

"Well I can't imagine why else he'd show these tapes to anyone that finds 'em. Why else would he do that? To broadcast to the world how sorry he feels? I dunno if I buy that."

"But he cut the bad parts out of himself, huh? I bet that messed with his aura a bunch, if he even has one," Koa hints, recalling Gaia and Hermes. "So what does that mean for you? If you're the ambitious one, why aren't you out there doing stuff? Why're you in some gym scaring a bunch of kids?"

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:53 pm

"Yeah, he's a really talented guy, I'm lucky he decieded to come with me... I was really hoping to win without anyone being knocked out..." Irene sighs as she sends out her next pokemon

"All right Miss. CUddles, let's show them what you've got!"

Ms. Cuddles does just that with a friend "tap"
"Just like that keep it up!"

Ms. Cuddles tackle [1d20] = 7 damage [1d8+33] = 4+33 = 37

Irene
inpirational training
cheerleading - cheered

(20/22) Ochrana KO
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15) Ms. Cuddles 76/76 +2 evasion, +4 save checks excited (1)
(15)Houndour
(15)Sandile KO
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye KO

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:10 pm

"Hrmm, a torracat wouldn't be a bad replacement for Gwen. Offensively I'm effectively swapping bug moves for dark, but it's also statistically stronger once it evolves... Does anyone mind if I go for one?"
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:19 pm

"Kitty!" "I mean go ahead."

^u^

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:25 pm

If there's no complaint from Bjorn, Alex approaches the torracats, walking slowly, "Hey little fellas, I'm looking for a strong and fast teammate. Do any of you want to try it? Or want to try a bit of a fight so we can see whether we're both strong enough to work together?"

Charm: 23
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:56 pm

Koa

Koa blocks the exit, hoping to at least rid him off the hounds- Even if not Jack. As their conversation simply continues...

"Well I can't imagine why else he'd show these tapes to anyone that finds 'em. Why else would he do that? To broadcast to the world how sorry he feels? I dunno if I buy that."

"But he cut the bad parts out of himself, huh? I bet that messed with his aura a bunch, if he even has one. So what does that mean for you? If you're the ambitious one, why aren't you out there doing stuff? Why're you in some gym scaring a bunch of kids?"

"Maybe it is his punishment. The very same reason I exist, and am bound to this place- I am bound to the urn."

"That is the secret of this maze. What lies at it's center. A burden he has to carry, the price he's had to pay. And over time, others added their additions as well."

"Now, our chat has been nice. But it's time to end this."
the entity spoke once again, just at around the same time Koa is quite certain he's entering the mirror room... To find himself facing "Jack"'s glowing eyes in the midst of the room.

"You lose."

Before he even gets to think off a plan to slip by, though, there's suddenly another voice... He hears someone, something walking to one side of the room- But he can't quite tell what it is, until it speaks...

"Hey bud, stay off him... He's already mine!"

While it did sound a lot like him, it also sounded a bit... Warped. That's probably the least of his concern for now, though... As the very next moment, Jack seems to be tackled down by the same entity shrouded by the dark- Giving Koa an opening back to the final room..!

Irene

"Yeah, he's a really talented guy, I'm lucky he decieded to come with me... I was really hoping to win without anyone being knocked out..."

"A bit of a lofty of a goal for a gym battle... Even if you have been performing well."

Ms Cuddles decides to "cuddle" the Houndour for some good damage... And tries to ignore the fact this arena is rather cramped for her. The houndour attempts to retaliate with a smog attack, but misses.

(20/22) Ochrana KO
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15) Ms. Cuddles 76/76 +2 evasion, +4 save checks excited (1)
(15)Sandile KO
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye KO

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

Examining the cats for a moment, the trio of trainers eventually approaches... The small pack of trainers finding them soon growled at by the group of carnivores- Some of them even beginning to circle the group... Luckily, Alex's words seem to be enough to convince them to back down, even though none seem interested to just join him... Although the apparent leader of the pack does seem interested in the offer of a fight- An Incineroar stepping up to the table...

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:31 pm

"Oh, this is going to be a good fight. Surprising I didn't see you anywhere, but ah well. Roy, we're going to have a sparring match."

Once the incineroar is ready, Roy starts with a Force Palm.
(Focused Training +1AC, Focused Training (orders) +1AC, Hustle -2AC)
AC=12, Damage=60

Can I opt to deal non-KO damage if I don't intend to make a forcible capture attempt on the target? It makes sense that you can't if you want to capture, since that's what False Swipe is for, but in this case it's just more convenient to not KO it.

Well, that may be unnecessary. Since it's an incineroar, it may have just enough defence to tank that hit.
My game:

My characters:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:58 pm

"Maybe, but it is still smaller then some of my other goals..."

"I know it's a little cramped, but just do your best!"
There was one good thing about the fact it was a little cramped for Ms. Cuddles, it made it harder for her unlucky opponet to dodge.

Ms. Cuddles tackle [1d20] = 10 damage [1d8+33] = 7+33 = 40
"All right keep it up!"
Irene
Inspirational training
Cheerleader - motivated

(20/22) Ochrana KO
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15) Ms. Cuddles 76/76 +2 evasion, +4 save checks excited (1) motivated (1)
(15)Sandile KO
(14)Mightyena recalled
(5)Sableye KO

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Koa hesitates, hearing the sounds of a struggle as the only thing visible in the room are the glowing red eyes of 'Jack'.

"H-here! To help against Dark moves!" Koa abruptly decides, tossing his Dark Brace into the thrashing darkness. Hopefully that makes a difference for mirror-Koa, the real Koa deciding to hoof it to the cassette player room before 'Jack' gets another chance to jump him.

Guided by the light of the two green and single red light on the player, Koa inserts the final tape.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:52 pm

Haley looks at the kitties and smiles. She takes a picture of one. "Adooorable!~"

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:34 am

Bjorn shows no interest in any of the wild pokemon they have come across, but enjoys watching the fight and cheers Roy on.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:56 pm

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

The battle starts, as the Incineroar bites down..! Or tries to at least, Roy's defenses surprisingly tough- As he retaliates with a force palm to almost knock it out instantly..!

Incineroar(12) badly injured
Roy(4)

Bjorn meanwhile is cheering the battle on, while Haley takes a picture of one of the more docile cats... As it at least seems interested enough to play nice for that.

Irene

Ms Cuddles tackles into the houndour again, knocking it out..! Even with Jack trying to call on his pain resistance.

The Mightyena is brought back out.

(20/22) Ochrana KO
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15) Ms. Cuddles 76/76 +2 evasion, +4 save checks excited (1) motivated (1)
(15)Houndour KO
(15)Sandile KO
(14)Mightyena
(5)Sableye KO

Koa

Koa freezes for just one moment... Before almost instinctually throwing his dark brace to the two fighting entities- Mirror Koa only scoffs at it, though...

"Like I need that to beat this guy..!"

And with that, Koa raced the final bit of the maze... Sliding in the final tape- As it plays...
The creature approached slowly, as Jack scrambled back. The spectre shook it's head.

"Jack... They do not call me the harbinger of ill omens for nothing. I suppose that is my curse... Any dream I touch turns as dark and twisted as these halls... But often, there is a grain of premonition within them."

"Tell me, Jack. What did you see before you came here?"

The silence was telling.

"I figured as much. Jack... Right now it seems that you will only learn, one day, when it is already too late. When you've done something you can never take back."

"I shall pray that you desire to find change before that day comes, and change your fate. But until that day, one way or another... We will not meet again until that time."

The man paused, defiant, shrugging off the warning foolishly. But nodded. "So... What now."

"Now?" the spectre spoke, leaning closer.

"Now, it is time to wake up."

"After all, all this..."

"It's all just a bad dream."
As the tape comes to an end, the lights of the maze suddenly flash to life- Slowly at first, dim, but slowly raising in intensity... As the final door opens- Revealing beyond it, luckily, not yet another door, but his final rewards. Firstly, upon a plinth in the middle of the room, stood a golden darkrai idol... Surrounded by 7 smaller plaques. Off to the side meanwhile, is another reward machine- Although this one doesn't dispense items, but... Services? Either one of a breeder, tutor, or researcher... And if he doesn't want any of those, he could instead grab something from one of the previous reward machines.

And finally, at the end of the room, behind some bars to protect it but with an opening so it can be reached... There seems to be a decorated urn.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:58 pm

"Hm, you're quick, but I have the advantage in typing and power. Would you like to call it there? You would have to land a remarkably powerful hit to beat Roy at this point." With the match done, Alex high-fives Roy, "You've all seen how strong my team gets, right? Having one powerful pokemon isn't enough, though, I need to cover weaknesses and gather more strengths with broader type coverage. So, I'll ask once more before going on my way, would anyone be interested in joining my team?"

Charm: 13 -.-
Well, it's nice that an awful roll is still good for an average person.
My game:

My characters: