PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Home to all current Forum Games.

Moderator: Games Moderators

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Natrivv » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:02 am

Many things flittered through her mind, her weakness, reliance on others, lack of skills, fear of facing her father head on, fear of opening up about her dream to her friends... fear in general actually. Bravado without substance... Her temper flares... but none of this things felt right to give up.
"Would you believe me if I said nothing? My temper and bravado... let me engage people who are far more powerful then me." Irene pauses between sentences needing to focus on breathing to keep running more then talking. My lack of skills just means I have more to learn, and even if I rely on others, I like to believe I can at least help them.

as for my fear... fear is the difference between courage and recklessness.

Panting Irene follows up with a question at nightmare Jack.
You say that you are cruel, heartless, and merciless, but isn't that the qualities needed for blind justice? Justice is paired with mercy for balance, but justice itself shouldn't be swayed by looks, situations, or how the punishment would hurt them going forward. Justice is all of those things, applying to all equally, mercy tempers justice to the right amount of strength... Irene's strength starts to lag from all of the running though a hound getting close provides some much need adrenaline.

What would happen if I gave the urn my, sense of pity, kindness, and empathy? What would Happen if I provided the mercy to temper your justice!

Irene athletics [3d6] = 7 survival [3d6] = 15 intuition [2d6] = 9
Irene athletics [3d6] = 8 survival [3d6] = 8 intuition [2d6] = 3
Irene athletics [3d6] = 13 survival [3d6] = 12 intuition [2d6] = 7
User avatar
Natrivv
Gives Speeches
 
Posts: 1172
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:30 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Synch » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:32 am

Bjorn isn't interested in any of the pokemon, but sends out Sludge to have a bit of swim and meet the other fellow barboach while the other two trainers go acquiring. He takes off his shoes and goes ankle deep away from the other barboach to cool his feet, and flicks up some water to playfully splash Luna.
games
GM for Children of Ash, a post-apocalyptic survival story.

GAL: Leaves No Trace
M0rtimer's PTU: Trinity Isles: Bjorn Felman, a Capture Specialist/Rider/Frost Touched
Quarg's D&D Immortals in the Serene Court: Makita Pantalion, a human pistolero
Spiderwrangler's Surviving Castle Heterodyne: Enoch Ayreslea-Sleight, a biologist
User avatar
Synch
Game Master
 
Posts: 4408
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:42 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby SamWiser » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:50 pm

Phoenix pauses for a second at the question, then thinks of an answer. I worked at Anthony's, it's a small but upscale seafood restaurant in Kanto. I doubt you would have heard of it, but you should try our Magikarp steaks. They were glorious! We really didn't do too many deviled eggs, so I'll admit, this isn't my specialty. While speaking, he tries to emphasize his Kantoan accent, pretending to have moved here much more recently than he did.

Phoenix still does his best, what little he can do, to impress his teacher, or at least not do bad enough to invite questions.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

“Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?”
― Terry Pratchett
User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
 
Posts: 6765
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby M0rtimer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:36 am

Haley

Haley questions her sanity as she continues her conversation with the plants...

"Are you talking to me or am I going crazy?"

"Talk? Talk like regular..."

"But understand..? Humans not understand! Right?"

I...I use powder to um h-help defend myself. Y-you know, powder moves like stun spore pr posion poder or sleep powder. If you don't mind."

The skiploom respond once again, a couple stating that they have some of those moves in question- Spread across them, Haley is able to get all moves she wants.

Alex

[color=#808080]"I need to round out my team a bit, and an electric type would fit in well. Do none of you want to give it a try?"
[/color]
Indifference seems to remain... It's not like they don't think he might not be a good trainer, it's just that his charm alone isn't good enough to make them join just like that...

Koa

Hilda nods to confirm the name, and soon looks to move on..!

And hits a dead end.

Some kind of door is blocking his path, it seems... Although it doesn't take him too long to make a reasonable guess as to why- This whole thing circles around, yeah? They probably don't want him to access this part of the maze from this side... Yet, at least. He probably briefly considers using one of his two questions just on finding out, but eventually decides to just start the long trek back to the start of the maze, and begin exploring again from there... The first thing he comes across being a vent... Wait- He's seen that before, hasn't he? It's that one vent that lead all the way back to the other side of the maze... Which probably means that one idol he spotted then is somewhere near here, too..?

Izzy

"Wow, okay....yeah, that all makes a lot more sense now."

"But that's the thing - if some of the gods are angry enough to try and take on the Godslayers directly, they'll just be walking into a trap! Especially if they're going in alone. But if they group up first, they can watch each others backs. Only they can't group up if they're all still hiding from each other. If we can find some of them, we can put them in touch with Diancie. At least that way they have a chance of teaming up to defend the themselves or the temples."

"What's that saying...."Together We Stand, Divided We Fall", right?"


"...Maybe. You're probably right... If things were only that simple. From what little of the gods I know, many of them still have deep-seated rivalries... They might not WANT to work together. Even if it is the right thing to do."

"...If you're going to try and continue down that path... I wish you luck. Perhaps through some of the temples you might find more of them, yes... I never actually set foot in one of them myself. Well, except one, but so have many others."

"You did say you have a way to contact Diancie..? If you can share it, should I ever meet the ones I know again... I could share that information."


"Yeeeah. It's not that I've got anything they want, really. More....I am what they want."

"Look, it's...complicated. I know the guy who's watching out for me - he's probably the one telling people I'm in Ferapex. As far as he could figure out, they want to get at my father. And when they heard I'd....'left home', they figured it was a good chance to go for me. You know, since I'm a helpless little girl and all that."

"Thanks for advice. I'll keep it in mind if things ever look really bad. But honestly, I was hoping we could get through Murkoff as quickly as possible and on the road to Hantu. No offence, I'm sure Murkoff is really nice! It's just, like you said, not really the safest place for me right now....."


"I see... And that is quite alright, and probably for the best. No need for apologies..."

"This city is a shithole, after all."


Irene

"Would you believe me if I said nothing? My temper and bravado... let me engage people who are far more powerful then me."

"Your temper and bravado are what is going to get you killed."

"My lack of skills just means I have more to learn, and even if I rely on others, I like to believe I can at least help them."

"Foolish. A lack of something is not something."

as for my fear... fear is the difference between courage and recklessness.

"Courage can not exist without fear."

"But that does not mean you are not a reckless fool."


Irene thinks she must be getting pretty close back to the spider room, and from there it is only a short distance still..! But so is Jack and his hounds- At one time she actually spots a pair of glowing eyes on a long stretch of hallway, and if it noticed her it can't be far behind... At least she is managing to dodge "Jack" blocking the passageways by this point, figuring out a way to go around him without losing too much time...

You say that you are cruel, heartless, and merciless, but isn't that the qualities needed for blind justice? Justice is paired with mercy for balance, but justice itself shouldn't be swayed by looks, situations, or how the punishment would hurt them going forward. Justice is all of those things, applying to all equally, mercy tempers justice to the right amount of strength...

"If used for neutral, or good purposes, perhaps."

"But I never said Jack did such things."


What would happen if I gave the urn my, sense of pity, kindness, and empathy? What would Happen if I provided the mercy to temper your justice!

"Then you would join Hilda in her spider's lair."

"Do you know Hilda? The bug type gym leader? She had long been known to try and keep people so close... That she ended up pushing them away."

"She was far too nice to otherwise fit in this place, did she not?"

"But it is good you recognize that to be a weakness."

"Under better terms, perhaps we could have been friends."


Irene thinks she's getting pretty close to the finish line..!

Bjorn

While the others are dealing with pokemon, Bjorn decides to just relax a bit, Luna obviously joining him.. She decides to stick to the side as he wades in, a safe distance away from the other barboach in a shallow offshoot from the otherwise rapid river... Earning himself a brief gasp and a playful glare as he decides to splash her somewhat, as she decides to take off one of her shoes, using that to gently get in the water and splash back..!

Phoenix

"I worked at Anthony's, it's a small but upscale seafood restaurant in Kanto. I doubt you would have heard of it, but you should try our Magikarp steaks. They were glorious! We really didn't do too many deviled eggs, so I'll admit, this isn't my specialty."

"Oh, alright!" the man starts off, seeming suitably impressed, before giving a bit of a more doubtful look. "Deviled eggs really aren't all that special, though..? I was mostly just trying to show you how we arranged the cold platters- Our version of making it look pretty, you know. How did they do that at your place..?"

"Time to act stuck up. You are a pro chef- Doing arrangements is below you. You make great food and leave others with tasks like this. Act like it."
Give me a guile check.
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10565
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby SuperVaderMan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:50 am

Koa stares at the vent for a few seconds before he suddenly remembers. That's right, he'd nearly forgotten about this vent! For some reason, he thought it would lead to the other side of the maze, but apparently not.

Keeping the direction of the vent in mind, and the second hidden idol room beneath it, Koa scours this part of the maze more carefully to look for a secret door leading to it.

Intuition and Perception to find 2nd hidden idol entrance:
5d6+4 = [6, 3, 3, 2, 1] = 19
2d6 = [3, 3] = 6

(I'll boost the Intuition to 21)
User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Babbles Incessantly
 
Posts: 4998
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Dlover » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:54 am

"Okay, being nice isn't convincing enough. Anybody want to fight me as a test?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)
User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
 
Posts: 11066
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:08 am

"Um...no humans are not normally understanding of pokemon." Haley smiles at them "This is awesome! And thank you for the powder!" Haley grins as she plucks the powder and gently rubs thier heads before leaving. As she's traveling back she sends out Cushion "Cushion! You won't believe it! I can understand what the skiploom were saying! Isn't that cool?"
Cushion looks at curiously and speaks softly. "Yes."
"Eeee.~ And I can understand you! This is fantastic!"

Haley goes to find Alex where she left him at, looking excited. "Alex! Alex! Hi! You won't guess what happened! I was able to talk to the skiploom and Cushion! It's so cool!"

I think...posion powder and sleep powder.
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
 
Posts: 14196
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Dlover » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:16 am

"Uuuh, okay? We've always been able to talk to pokemon. I am doing exactly that right now by asking after a flaaffy to join me. Have you... Never spoken to your pokemon other than giving orders?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)
User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
 
Posts: 11066
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:18 am

"That's not what I meant Alex. I can understand them."
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
 
Posts: 14196
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Dlover » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:23 am

"Rrrrright. I've met another person who communicates with pokemon, but it wasn't verbal."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)
User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
 
Posts: 11066
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:30 am

"I'll prove it!" Haley gives Cusion to Alex. "Tell her something simple,
like a number or a word and I'll come back and talk to her and tell you what you told her. Give me poke when you are done."
Haley brings out headphones and plays music so she can't hear him and closes her eyes, waiting on Alex.
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
 
Posts: 14196
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Dlover » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:32 am

Alex gives Haley a frown, prodding her immediately, "Can this wait? I'm trying to see if I can get a flaaffy."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)
User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
 
Posts: 11066
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:34 am

Haley frowns slightly "Fiiine. But I am not crazy."
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
 
Posts: 14196
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Synch » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:42 am

Bjorn grins, and normally he'd think of maybe splashing more or dunking the girl, but he stops himself, remembering that Luna's not that sort of girl. He halfheartedly splashes in her direction before wading over to her and standing next to her.

"So, how are you finding life back on the outside now? I imagine much has changed."
games
GM for Children of Ash, a post-apocalyptic survival story.

GAL: Leaves No Trace
M0rtimer's PTU: Trinity Isles: Bjorn Felman, a Capture Specialist/Rider/Frost Touched
Quarg's D&D Immortals in the Serene Court: Makita Pantalion, a human pistolero
Spiderwrangler's Surviving Castle Heterodyne: Enoch Ayreslea-Sleight, a biologist
User avatar
Synch
Game Master
 
Posts: 4408
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:42 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Dusk9 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:56 am

"This city is a shithole, after all."

"Aha, yeah....actually, you said the Junkrats were cool, right? Me and Koa got an offer to go visit their..."market" earlier. We were worried about going alone, but if you think it's safe enough....?"
User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 6732
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Natrivv » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:16 pm

"Your temper and bravado are what is going to get you killed."

"Quite possibly, and with the way things are going very likely, but still it still allows me to take the first step, which is often the hardest one."

"Courage can not exist without fear."

"But that does not mean you are not a reckless fool."

"True, I'm talking to you aren't I?"


"If used for neutral, or good purposes, perhaps."

"But I never said Jack did such things."

"True, but I just pointed out the possibility, you used it for other reasons, but your flaws could go either way. Few things are inherently good, or evil but the intent and actions done with them determine how they go. My friend Koa is protective of others which is a good thing, but if he took the protection to far and stopped people and Pokemon from being able to experience life and grow that would be a bad thing. "

""Under better terms, perhaps we could have been friends."
"...maybe, but I'm going to stay whole. Is every trial here created from part of someone they removed from themselves?"

Irene continues towards the goal... though this maze seems a lot more sorrowful then scary now.

Irene athletics [3d6] = 10 survival [3d6] = 9 intuition [2d6] = 5
Irene athletics [3d6] = 12 survival [3d6] = 5 intuition [2d6] = 2
Irene athletics [3d6] = 10 survival [3d6] = 10 intuition [2d6] = 5
User avatar
Natrivv
Gives Speeches
 
Posts: 1172
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:30 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby SamWiser » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:10 pm

Like I said, I didn't really do it. I think we arranged them to look kinda like a flower? I mostly let other guys do things like this. If you want the best Magikarp steak you've ever had in your life, or an amazing Mantine stew, I can do that. But for appetizers and side dishes, other people handled that stuff. I haven't touched an arrangement like this in years!

Guile=11
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

“Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?”
― Terry Pratchett
User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
 
Posts: 6765
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby M0rtimer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:18 am

Koa

Koa heads a little bit back, relying mostly on his intuition and what he remembers from when he was back in the vent... He hopes that's going to be enough, because he's not sure if he can make the jump back up to double check! And heading back all the way to enter from the other way would be a bit... Contrived.

And he does struggle for a little while, as this one doesn't seem as "intuitive" as the last one... He's guessing he has to look for a clue of some kind somewhere? If he did, he must have missed it... As eventually he finds it by compensating with intuition where perception might have failed. Pushing down a wall near a dead end, and finding it to open... Revealing the small room in question!

He grabs the spare MURKROW IDOL... And in the process, remembers that Jack DEFINITELY mentioned that it was possible one could find more than one of a kind of idol in there- And that while those might not count towards the final bonus, he might still find an use for them.

It is definitely something that was mentioned, and not something that was forgotten.

Alex, Haley

Haley, definitely not going crazy, thanks the plant pokemon before confirming that she can, indeed, understand Cushion (and her other pokemon) as well..! Naturally, she has to go share this information with the most nearby other person, which in this case turns out to be Alex... Who also quickly ascertains her he does not believe her to be crazy at all, before turning to focus back on the task of trying to recruit the Mareep.

"Okay, being nice isn't convincing enough. Anybody want to fight me as a test?"


Most of the mareep seem rather apprehensive... Not really the types of pokemon to get in a battle if they can avoid it. But one does stride up to the challenge- If only to be the "protector" of the little flock...

Mareep(10)

Bjorn

"So, how are you finding life back on the outside now? I imagine much has changed."

"Heh... Yeah, it has." Luna says, recalling her foot from the water, apparently finding it too cold for her liking. "It's not... Necessarily worse, I'd say. If anything, it seems like people are doing... Better, than they did back in my time? Nowadays it seems like everywhere you look you've got people just... Buying all these trivial little things. Everyone wearing things only nobility could afford, eating meat every day... But it's all just so different, too. A bit... Overwhelming, really."

Give me a perception roll.

Izzy

"Aha, yeah....actually, you said the Junkrats were cool, right? Me and Koa got an offer to go visit their..."market" earlier. We were worried about going alone, but if you think it's safe enough....?"

"Safe enough... Yes. They make a living selling all that stuff out of the city, and you "outsiders" are often considered a gold mine... Nobody is going to hurt you while you're there. Just stray clear from any side alleys."

"So safe, yes, unless you do something stupid. Just realize that ninety percent of what you are going to find there will be either stolen, broken and repaired, a knockoff, fake or tampered with. If you've ethical or utility standings against any of those points... You'd ought to ask."


Irene

"True, but I just pointed out the possibility, you used it for other reasons, but your flaws could go either way. Few things are inherently good, or evil but the intent and actions done with them determine how they go. My friend Koa is protective of others which is a good thing, but if he took the protection to far and stopped people and Pokemon from being able to experience life and grow that would be a bad thing. "

"Ah. One of these people, are you not?"

"There's always shades of gray. There's never something that is true black or white. So my next statement will be a falsehood... Even if most people would agree it to be correct."

"Jack was definitely the bad guy."


"...maybe, but I'm going to stay whole. Is every trial here created from part of someone they removed from themselves?"

"Yes. She who steals faces... Eliza Nova. Her obsession and worry with that others might not consider her beautiful. Funny, is it not? Likely one of the prettiest women on the world, and yet so insecure."

"But that will be all exposition for today."


With those words, Irene manages to reach the spider room, the final room just ahead..! The howling is right behind her, but "Jack"...

Is right in front of her. Blocking the path.

"You lose."


The darkness ahead of her seems almost more solid than the rest of it... Like shadowy tendrils reaching out to grasp her, dark red glowing eyes staring intensly...

Until there is a loud, skittering sound... And a loud smash as something leaps into the shade, smashing it against the wall.

"Run along now darling, hmm hmm?"

Phoenix

"Like I said, I didn't really do it. I think we arranged them to look kinda like a flower? I mostly let other guys do things like this. If you want the best Magikarp steak you've ever had in your life, or an amazing Mantine stew, I can do that. But for appetizers and side dishes, other people handled that stuff. I haven't touched an arrangement like this in years!"


"Right... Right." the man says, still continuing to give Phoenix a rather oddball look, finding something off... But seems to at least dismiss it as just nerves for now as he continues on the subject.

"Well... Boss will probably put you behind the grill soon enough. It's too early for that just yet, so just help with the cold stuff for now, alright? All spices and stuff are on the racks, vegetables and the eggs are in the cool room."
the chef says, seeming to have his own tasks to worry about as he leaves Phoenix to it after pointing out the cool room in question...

"You didn't lay it on thick enough. Now he is going to be suspicious. But it might also just be a blessing in disguise... I doubt your skill in actual cooking, so it's just important that we LOOK busy for now. All we need to wait for is the order of drinks, and a way to intercept that... Once that is done, the plan will be to get out before they can ask any more questions."

"Go grab the ingredients I'll describe for you. In case you don't know... Deviled eggs is as simple as taking hard boiled eggs, cut in half, scooping out their yolk, then mixing it with other ingredients and putting it back. I'd say go slow, but your regular cooking speed would already give the impression you're doing this 'menial' job reluctantly."


Roll me both intuition and guile.

It probably doesn't help that chefs have high intuition. :roll:
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10565
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby SuperVaderMan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:29 am

Another Murkrow idol? Hm... Koa thinks back to that puzzle door he couldn't figure out, the one with the runic writing. Would that door just have another Abra idol? He hopes so, he wouldn't want to have missed anything.

With the second idol stowed away for potential use later, Koa continues on!

Intuition and Perception after second Murkrow idol:
5d6+4 = [5, 5, 3, 3, 2] = 22
2d6 = [6, 5] = 11
User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Babbles Incessantly
 
Posts: 4998
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Dusk9 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:20 pm

"Thanks. And...thanks for the advice. About the mafia, and the Godslayers. I promise I'll try and stay out of trouble!"

"Well, unless trouble finds me..."

"I'm not sure Diancie would be happy with me telling people where she was, though....if you want, you could use my number? That way I can ask her first. You know, in case it's one of the gods who has a "grudge" with her."


If Jack's okay with that, Izzy gives him her contact details. Then, after saying goodbye and thanks (again), she leaves the the gym; the relief of winning putting a spring in her step, even as thoughts of gods and mob bosses weigh her down. Her first stop is the Poke Center, depositing her injured 'mons for a well-deserved heal. While waiting, she considers what to do with her new Dark Pulse TM....eventually opting to just go ahead and teach it to Kay. She was the only one it made sense on, after all.

Kay forgets Leech Life and learns Dark Pulse!

Then, with nothing better to do, she finds a quiet corner to pull out the Temple book again. Those blank pages were really beginning to annoy her. Why would someone wipe out the first couple of chapters like that? And how? Something about them felt very off - and now she was a bit more well-versed in supernatural stuff, she realised the book reeked of its influence. Scanning the empty pages, she tries to figure out what was causing it. A curse of some kind?

Occult: 23
Perception: 13
User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 6732
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:25 pm

Haley frowns at the fact that Alex doesn't believe her and sends out Shrubbery the Skiddo. "How are you holding up? Also I decided to name you Shrubbery because you look like a bush and it reminded me of something amusing."

(Ni!)
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
 
Posts: 14196
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Natrivv » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:51 pm

"Oh no, while there are shades of gray there is also plenty that's just good or evil."

The scream dying in her throat Irene manages to say. "Thank you Hilda!" before running along pass the Jack the Ripper as fast as she could. Eternally grateful she took the path with the spiders... a bizarre sentence to be sure. Though all of the running has finally caught up to her. While she does have adrenaline coursing through her veins, it is only combating the exhaustion enough to let her run at average speeds.

After hopefully reaching the room she puts tape #2 in and quickly pressing play. After a bit she pushes down on the brick break tm button almost on impulse.

Irene athletics [3d6] = 10 survival [3d6] = 10 intuition [2d6] = 5
Irene athletics [3d6] = 10 survival [3d6] = 9 intuition [2d6] = 5
Irene athletics [3d6] = 6 survival [3d6] = 13 intuition [2d6] = 8
User avatar
Natrivv
Gives Speeches
 
Posts: 1172
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:30 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Dlover » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:07 pm

"Okay, let's go ahead then. I'll try not to hurt you badly if I turn out to have an advantage. Roy, come one out buddy. We're having a friendly bout, understand? Start with a Fire Punch."

AC = 11, Damage = 52
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)
User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
 
Posts: 11066
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby M0rtimer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:58 am

Koa

Koa continues on..! And soon finds himself heading towards a rather... Creepy carnival..? Rather hesitantly stepping into the room, the music suddenly starts playing loudly, and the clown animatronics in the room burs to life, illuminated by weak red lighting... The one in the middle of the room excitedly turning to him.

"HELLO THERE, *KOA*! MY NAME IS PUPPET! YOU'LL NEED A TICKET TO PLAY! FIRST ONE'S FREE! IF YOU NEED ANY MORE, JUST THROW SOMETHING IN MY TUMMY!"

With that, the animatronic raises a hand towards him, from which a slot dispenses a "ticket"... While it's jaw, meanwhile, "unhinges", revealing a tube leading into it's inner workings... It doesn't take too much longer to figure out what the room is about- Opposite side of the room, there seems to be a counter, next to a locked door... Offering the rewards for getting "points":

-3+ points: CANDY!
-2 points: IDOL!
-1 point: DOOR OPENS!

And the way to earn points seems pretty obvious, too... There's three attractions in the room- A shooting gallery, an electric maze, and a hammer and bell. Each manned by yet another creepy robotic clown ready to take tickets... In slots in their mouth.

(Shooting gallery takes combat, Electric maze takes focus, bell and hammer takes athletics.)

Izzy

"I'm not sure Diancie would be happy with me telling people where she was, though....if you want, you could use my number? That way I can ask her first. You know, in case it's one of the gods who has a "grudge" with her."

"Fair enough. I suppose I shall contact you, then, should I come in contact with any of them..."

With matters with Jack resolved, Izzy looks to continue, first looking to tutor Kay the dark pulse TM... Before deciding to pull out the book again. Something about it was just... Bothering her? Like, why were these first pages just blank..? It was time to put her perception and occult skills to work, figure it out. As she finds...

Nothing.

The first couple pages are simply just blank, really, it seems... She can't find anything odd about it, really. Well, besides the obvious fact that, admittedly, just having two "empty" chapters and a bunch of empty pages is odd.

If this book is really hiding something from her, it's probably not for HER to solve. It'd just require... A closer look.

ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE


Haley

"How are you holding up? Also I decided to name you Shrubbery because you look like a bush and it reminded me of something amusing."

"I'm fine now... What does it remind you of?"

Irene

Irene thanks the big spider... Or at least, what she can only presume to be a big spider- Running off to the end! She arrives without issue, claims her TM, and starts slotting in the tapes... The feed once again begins clearing up... To start off exactly where they left off.

"I am..." the creature began, with almost... Unnecessary dramatics, as it came from the shadows- One hand raised, as if part of a play as it's silhouette slowly became more and more clear.

"The lord of darkness. The harbinger of ill omens. The king of Nightmares. Guardian of the gate to the dream beyond, and number one man on karaoke night..."

"I. Am. Darkrai."

Despite the rather humorous note, Darkrai does seem to finish with a rather dramatic, imposing tone... The specter hovering slightly above Jack, down on the ground... Before it's claw suddenly almost seems to strike down- Stopping but mere inches from Jack, claw open and outstretched.

"Pleased to meet you."

An awkward silence fell, Jack simply staring as the creature gave a dejected "No..? Well then." before, after a second more, shaking it's head. "Still, you don't remember..? You entered my domain willingly. It's power you want, is it not..?" the creature says, shaking it's head.

"My... Do you really think it's worth it, Jack? You are putting what are supposed to be your friends through suffering... Just so you will one day be able to work yourself out of the gutters and provide for all of them?"

"You have no right to judge me." is Jack's only reply... The tape fizzes out as the specter approaches once again...


Alex

Alex decides to go for utter domination, sending out Roy... The Flaaffy preparing by charging up, fluffing up it's wool in the process- As Roy hits it for good damage, but also gets paralyzed in the process!

Flaaffy(11) charged +1 DEF/SDEF injured
Roy(4) paralyzed

I realized this one should definiely be a flaaffy by this point, so I decided to do a slight retcon. :shifty:
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10565
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:18 am

"Oh a silly movie that my dorky brother made me watch. I'm glad he did though, it was good even if the ending was confusing." Haley goes to pet his fur and brings out some herbavoire food. "I know you ate this morning but are you hungry?"
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
 
Posts: 14196
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arch Lich Burns, M0rtimer, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests