PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Home to all current Forum Games.

Moderator: Games Moderators

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Dlover » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:52 pm

"Alright then. Take care of your family."

To the mega fissure!
Normally, I guess. Alex isn't gonna be able to manage quick movement, even if paying less attention has zero effect on his ability to spot things anyway. :p
Alex Athletics, Perception: 4, 4
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)
User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
 
Posts: 11071
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby SuperVaderMan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:17 pm

Koa instinctively takes a step back as the huge spider woman makes her way towards him. Spider or no, when something that large approaches it's hard not to get at least a little bit nervous.

"W-well, yeah, it'd be more of a snack than a meal. I don't have that much to work with in here... but it'd be really tasty, yeah? Ask Fatale! She seemed like she really liked that spicy curry I made, outside."

"I-if you've got a taste preference, I can go make it for you?"

What was this lady, anyway, Koa wondered? It didn't seem like an illusion, so was it a pokemon, a human, what? Or... was she like that James guy, from a few days ago? Some kinda poke-human?
User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Babbles Incessantly
 
Posts: 4999
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby SamWiser » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:28 pm

Ah, that makes sense. I guess I assumed the kitchens and all that would be down here.

Phoenix walks quickly towards the elevator, pretending to know where he was going now. He really wished Koa was here though, to give him a crash course in cooking.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

“Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?”
― Terry Pratchett
User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
 
Posts: 6766
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Natrivv » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:46 pm

Irene takes a deep breath as her heart quickens. She knew something aggravating like this was coming. One side dedicated to a faceless lady, the other to lantern dude. While she did have the mirror in hand what good would it be without a light source to reflect? Sprinting out the door, Irene turned down the side of the maze with the candle lit coffin. After all she spent more time on this path... she just had to reach the machine right?

Irene athletics [3d6] = 10 survival [3d6] = 10 intuition [2d6] = 7
Irene athletics [3d6] = 10 survival [3d6] = 10 intuition [2d6] = 5
Irene athletics [3d6] = 13 survival [3d6] = 7 intuition [2d6] = 3
User avatar
Natrivv
Gives Speeches
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:30 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Synch » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:10 am

Bjorn spends most of his time fussing over Luna making sure she was alright after the battle, healing the mons with the pokemon healing machine, and generally getting the zeppelin in decent habitable shape.

After a sleep, he spends his time Agility Training his mons (all gain Agility Training, +1 movement and +4 initiative):

Grunt gains 19xp.
Sludge gains 15xp.
Tank gains 18xp.
Husk gains 16xp.
Pyre gains 20xp.
Sneak gains 14xp. Sneak gains +1 level to level 19! He gains +1 SPD.

He makes his way out with the others, mounting up on trusty Tank.

Athletics check: 5D6 = [6, 4, 3, 1, 6] = 20
Perception check = 5D6 = [1, 5, 3, 6, 2] = 17
games
GM for Children of Ash, a post-apocalyptic survival story.

GAL: Leaves No Trace
M0rtimer's PTU: Trinity Isles: Bjorn Felman, a Capture Specialist/Rider/Frost Touched
Quarg's D&D Immortals in the Serene Court: Makita Pantalion, a human pistolero
Spiderwrangler's Surviving Castle Heterodyne: Enoch Ayreslea-Sleight, a biologist
User avatar
Synch
Game Master
 
Posts: 4408
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:42 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Dusk9 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:53 am

"Now, I regularly also try to give some words of advice to contestants... I find myself with surprisingly little to say, though. You seem to have a good handle on things. One thing, perhaps... I'm assuming you had your joltik continue using it's electric and other attacks because it is more proficient with special kind of attacks, not because you forgot about one of the lesser known effective types against dark pokemon?"[/quote]

"Oh...yeah, pretty much. He's not much of a physical fighter. I wasn't actually sure I wanted to bring him, but then I found that Energy Ball TMat the PokeMart this afternoon, and....well, you saw how good that was!"

"But thanks! I may have underestimated myself a bit, to be honest. Risking the higher challenge probably wouldn't have been too bad. I mean, I didn't even get to give Maku a turn!"


Recalling Fern, she releases the aforementioned Hariyama for the gym leader to see. Floating cross-legged about a foot off the ground, Maku gives Jack a gentle wave of acknowledgement, before returning to his meditation.

Does Jack do any other prizes? Or just the money? :P
User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 6746
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby M0rtimer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:51 am

Bjorn, Alex, Haley

"Alright then. Take care of your family."

"Like that is something that needs to be said."

Regardless, though, soon the party is on way again! Their travel somewhat slow, especially since they still need to lug around this pretty huge cube, but unless they get majorly slowed down they should still be well on way to both find this "mega fissure", and reach Murkoff with some time to spare... As for now, it doesn't seem like they encounter anything especially noteworth- Only spotting a group of vigoroth, charjabug, and some duckletts on their trip...

Koa

"W-well, yeah, it'd be more of a snack than a meal. I don't have that much to work with in here... but it'd be really tasty, yeah? Ask Fatale! She seemed like she really liked that spicy curry I made, outside."

"Oh? Is that so..?" the spider lady speaks, giving a big grin as she takes another step closer... Before letting out a chuckle.

"Hmm hmm... Well, I suppose that if Fatale of all people was impressed, I might be interested..." she says, now turning her back to him as she retreats a bit... Koa somewhat hesitantly continuing.

"I-if you've got a taste preference, I can go make it for you?"

"Hmm, hmm... I'm guessing you don't have any meat, right? Well... To be fair, I suppose that if you'd find meat in this maze, I'm not sure if I'd want it, haha."

"Hmm, hmm... Make it bitter, if you can. And maybe I'll even let you go free from my usual challenge, won't I darling?"
she speaks, giving a coy grin over her shoulder as she turns back around- Behind her, you can see her back legs begin to "spin" some web, replacing some which she damaged by jumping down...

Koa's mind meanwhile was racing meanwhile with what he was looking at it... It didn't look like an illusion, at least... Right? Those could probably be pretty "imaginative", but they're not solid- And he DID see her tear through a web, which was most definitely real... It could just be a human in an elaborate kind of suit, playing some part in this freakshow. At the same time, though, it did remind him a lot of James... If more extreme than he had it.

Phoenix

Ah, that makes sense. I guess I assumed the kitchens and all that would be down here.

"Clearly you underestimate the kind of person we're dealing with... A 5 minute wait to deliver drinks as they're taken to the top floor? It'd be unacceptable."

With that, Phoenix starts heading to the elevator, acting as if he belongs, trying to ignore the occasional aching of the bruises he sustained during the fight... Casually using his badge to allow the elevator to unlock, and soon stepping in- Pressing the button for the "top floor", as he begins the long ride up... The doors eventually opening up with a "ding"- Leading into a set of opulent halls, lots of people- All servants of some kind, from maids to butlers to chefs, mostly seeming too busy to pay any attention to him.

"Try to integrate... Find the chief, report for duty. Act like you belong."

Irene

Irene started to run, mind racing as she figured only one thing- "She who steals faces" and "Lanternhead" had returned. And now she had to pick one to "face", figuring that the latter would probably be the one she was most comfortable with...

And she'd be wrong.

It would appear there was a final contender... Already waiting for her the moment she turned around- A good ten feet or so away, in the entrance to the maze... It's presence betrayed by a set of glowing red eyes, just a bit taller than that of an average human... Staring at her... And beginning to move, as she begins to run. The... Alarmingly familiar voice calls out after her.

"There's no point in running."

"One mistake, and my hounds will catch you."

"Do you not want to know what this maze is all about?"


Is that... Jack?! Well... Not that she has too much time to think about it- As his threat is very soon followed up by the sound of howling... At least she somehow manages to stick to what she vaguely remembers being the "main route"!

Izzy

"Oh...yeah, pretty much. He's not much of a physical fighter. I wasn't actually sure I wanted to bring him, but then I found that Energy Ball TMat the PokeMart this afternoon, and....well, you saw how good that was!"

"Hm. A diverse moveset is important, even if my dark type moves can pack a nastier punch than usual... It's just that aspect tends to be limited at the lowest rank."


"But thanks! I may have underestimated myself a bit, to be honest. Risking the higher challenge probably wouldn't have been too bad. I mean, I didn't even get to give Maku a turn!"

Jack gives a smirk as he sees Maku released, with a nod.

"Ah, a type specialist I presume..? I've a couple of them myself... Although not at the ranks you'd fight at, obviously. Then again... You might have met one of them already,
have you not?"
he says with a brief smirk, continuing. "I assume that if you truly wish to test your mettle, I'd welcome your challenge at a higher rank, see whether or not you could upgrade that badge... Not today, though. I do expect one more contestant today still, after which I will likely stop for the day..."

"Now... With the pleasantries out of the way."
Jack says, his voice suddenly far more serious. "I believe you are in... Some kind of trouble, yes? With a rather unsavory kind of folk?"
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:01 am

Haley is not interested in any of the pokemon they seen so far.
Per [5d6+3] = 12+3 = 15 athletic [2d6] = 5
She sends out Shrubbery to give Alex a lift.
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
 
Posts: 14216
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Dlover » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:36 am

Eeeeh, a ducklett is kind of tempting as a temporary upgrade over psyduck, but it's probably not worth it.

Perception: 2, Athletics: 8

Also, we probably should have asked Numa to protect the core cube. Ah well.
Last edited by Dlover on Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)
User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
 
Posts: 11071
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby SuperVaderMan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:26 pm

"Hmm, hmm... Make it bitter, if you can. And maybe I'll even let you go free from my usual challenge, won't I darling?"

"I'd appreciate it!" Koa says, relieved at both the prospect of not having to wade through a webby hallway as well as having sidestepped any danger the large spider woman may or may not have posed. "I'll be just a minute, the cooking station's back a ways."

He hesitates briefly before leaving, momentarily intrigued at the woman's web-spinning... before a thought occurs to him. 'Is it appropriate to see that?' Koa thinks, suddenly averting his eyes, being unsure of how that area corresponds to this lady's body. Koa decides that now's a good time to go!
Survival to backtrack to alchemy bench: 6d6+2 = [6, 6, 4, 4, 2, 1] = 25

Presumably Koa makes it back to the alchemy station in the graveyard with little trouble, even if it's a bit of a trek. He gets to work immediately!

He mashes up his two Poffins for the necessary Food Scrap, gaining $250 worth from both of them. He's sad he didn't get to use them, but with this Poffin Mixer, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future! He uses $100 of that scrap as a base for the Bitter Treat he plans to prepare, keeping the remaining Scrap for later. While the Poffins themselves aren't bitter, the extra bits of herbs he'd used for the 'Drink of the Dead' should do the job perfectly. He tries to gauge whether the spider lady would like a strong bitterness, or perhaps something more subtle, and adds the appropriate amount of flavoring.
Fluff Intuition to cook Bitter Treat for drider: 4d6+4+6 = [6, 5, 3, 2] = 26

The end result is a small plate of Bitter-flavored crisps. They should be surprisingly good for what he had to work with!

Eventually, Koa returns to the spider room, happily presenting the Bitter Treat to the spider lady!
User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Babbles Incessantly
 
Posts: 4999
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Natrivv » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:38 pm

While sprinting away Irene retorts "Of course I do want to know, but you open with a threat of hounds chasing me!"
While running and trying to navigate through the darkness a terrifying thought comes to mind. I had to defeat the other two for the key and lamp... do I need to beat him for the urn?
Not having time to reflect on how to achieve a seemingly impossible task at the moment unless she was suppose to jab his eyes out... no that would be way too violent for this maze... unlike breaking a hand off... it was suppose to snap right? That shriek of pain was realistic...

Yet all of this amounts to one task. More running! But could she really outrun hounds?

Irene athletics [3d6] = 7 survival [3d6] = 12 intuition [2d6] = 7
Irene athletics [3d6] = 10 survival [3d6] = 9 intuition [2d6] = 5
Irene athletics [3d6] = 11 survival [3d6] = 16 intuition [2d6] = 11
User avatar
Natrivv
Gives Speeches
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:30 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Synch » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:59 am

Bjorn glances at the wild pokemon but shows them no interest.

Athletics check: 5D6 = [1, 5, 3, 2, 3] = 14
Perception check: 5D6 = [6, 4, 2, 4, 6] = 22
games
GM for Children of Ash, a post-apocalyptic survival story.

GAL: Leaves No Trace
M0rtimer's PTU: Trinity Isles: Bjorn Felman, a Capture Specialist/Rider/Frost Touched
Quarg's D&D Immortals in the Serene Court: Makita Pantalion, a human pistolero
Spiderwrangler's Surviving Castle Heterodyne: Enoch Ayreslea-Sleight, a biologist
User avatar
Synch
Game Master
 
Posts: 4408
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:42 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Dusk9 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:45 am

"I assume that if you truly wish to test your mettle, I'd welcome your challenge at a higher rank, see whether or not you could upgrade that badge... Not today, though. I do expect one more contestant today still, after which I will likely stop for the day..."

"Maybe tomorrow, if I've got the time! But yeah, Koa's going next. I think he was gonna do the Iron rank, so that should be a more interesting fight for you!"

"Now... With the pleasantries out of the way. I believe you are in... Some kind of trouble, yes? With a rather unsavory kind of folk?"

"Ah, right. Godslayers. Is it, uhh, safe to talk in here?"

Assuming Jack confirms it, Izzy relaxes a bit. She wasn't sure how much she should share with him, but Isabella seemed to trust the guy....and he already knew about the temple at least. Maybe she should start with that.

"Sooo...you remember that underground cavern, near Isosceles? The one where the Godslayers kidnapped Regifae? Well, we went back after you'd checked it out and managed to unlock the temple underneath it. Long story short, it's like the Church of the Damned near Hantu, only for Fairies instead of Ghosts. I actually had a chat with Warden Okeer while I was there - they have a kinda long-range magic-radio thing that connects the temples. Anyway, we managed to release the Priestess of the temple (she was trapped in a spirit prison thingy) and get in connect with the fairy god Diancie. And we found out that the box the Godslayer's stole - that they used to control Regifae - is a powerful Fairy artifact of some kind. Only, they can't use it properly. Yet. They're having to break in with a drill before they can use the energy."

"Aaaaand this is where things get nuts. Because we're preeeetty sure at least a couple of those big-shot Senators are funding them. Not all of the Senators, but....enough to make things tricky. So yeah, trying to keep that part discrete. To be honest I'm only telling you because Isabella trusts you - and I know you aren't keen on League bureaucracy or politics."

"Actually, going back to the temple stuff....see, I found this book, which details all the temples. Apparently, there's one for every Type. Problem is, the book is pretty vague about locations and stuff. Things have changed a lot since it was written, and most landmarks don't work anymore. But, so far, we're 2-for-2 on temples being near cities which match their type - Fairy for Isosceles, and Ghost for Hantu. So, I was thinking that the Dark temple - "The Pit" - might be somewhere near Murkoff? And if anyone would know the surrounding area, it would be you. So....what do you think?"


As she delivers her spiel, Izzy pulls out the temple-book and opens it to the contents page. She points out "The Pit" for Jack, but also the "Church of the Damned" and "Fountain of Life" too.

I suppose this is as good a time as any to check whether the others unlocking that BLANK key revealed the ERASED parts of the book :roll:
User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 6746
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby M0rtimer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:06 am

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

The party continues onwards, their travel so far continuing to be relatively eventful, as they eventually find themselves back at the road they'd abandoned a while ago... And need to cross it again, as what they're looking for is just a bit more south. Their path takes them close to a massive, wild river for a moment, which for a large part looks artificial... None the less, some barboach are seen swimming in the deeper depths, partially dug in the dirt to keep their bearing. They also come upon a family of flaaffy, gathered around a berry bush, and skiploom.

Koa

"I'd appreciate it! I'll be just a minute, the cooking station's back a ways."

"Cooking station" was perhaps a bit much for what was essentially a glorified preparation bench, but it was SOMETHING to work on at least... He finds his way back with no issues as he begins preparing, thinking that the spider lady would... Probably like a mild bitter? Good thing, too, since he doesn't really have any real "bitter" ingredients, only what little spices he can steal from the herbs here...

Eventually he's back, though, tentatively entering the room... The woman seems to have disappeared for a moment, but he soon becomes aware of a faintly familiar "clicking" noise- The sound of large spider legs hitting the ground, as he turns around to find the large spider lady scaling down the wall behind him..! Little words are exchanged as she takes the chips with just a little smile, revealing a set of fangs as she opens and bites down on a pair of the crisps... Seeming to nod in approval as she heads back to the smaller room- Grabbing the idol on the stand, before idly tossing it to you.

"Hmm, hmm... I suppose Fatale was right, wasn't she?"

"I suppose it would almost be wrong, even, to let you go when others usually just get away with a little scare. Hmm hmm..."

"How about you get the choice, darling. I'll accept, say... Two questions you might have about this here maze. Either that, or I might have a reward of sorts in my webs..."


Irene

"Of course I do want to know, but you open with a threat of hounds chasing me!"

"Hmph. That part really doesn't matter after all. It's just a question of courtesy- To grant you the answers you seek before I end this charade."
"Jack" answers, as Irene continues running... While she might not be the fastest, at least she seems to remember the maze well enough to stick to the main path! None the less, the howling sounds almost sound like they're circling her, and Jack's voice is like... It's still just right behind her.

"Jack is a horrible person."

"Long ago, he sought only power- Trying to make a deal with an dark entity, he was rejected and warned... He was evil, pushing his pokemon to a point of cruelty. He justified himself saying it was all for the goal of becoming the best. The entity warned him: one day, he would push things too far, and only then would he learn regret."

"Jack did not listen. Jack suffered a great tragedy. Only then did Jack return, pleading for a help."

"He was offered the NIGHTMARE URN."


Izzy

"Maybe tomorrow, if I've got the time! But yeah, Koa's going next. I think he was gonna do the Iron rank, so that should be a more interesting fight for you!"

"Yes... I've been considering whether he'll be capable of the rank, or simply either cocky or feeling like he needs to prove himself. I suppose if this battle might be an indication, it helps point me in the right direction..."

"Then again, I also had... Less savory battles earlier today, too. Another friend of yours, I believe."


When Izzy mentions the godslayers, Jack briefly raises an eyebrow... But simply gives a silent nod, confirming that it is "safe to talk"... Listening intently as she starts her spiel, if, at times, rather skeptical... Pausing for a moment longer as he's thinking, before eventually sharing his thoughts. Izzy also shows the book, which does add some credence. Those pages are still blank, though.

ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE ERASE


"I'd have a lot of questions about the... Absurdity of the situation, nor to mention how you found out some of that information. But going under the assumption that you're speaking the truth... At the very least you obtained all this information from somewhere... I do happen to know the location of the dark temple, yes. As do I the flying temple, and I have a good couple suspicions about others."

"I can tell you the dark temple is not as near as you'd hope, though... And why would you need to know, anyways?"

"Regardless of that, though... That wasn't even what I was trying to ask you about. I was trying to ask about... Surprisingly enough, a more mundane issue. If perhaps even more dangerous."

"You're in problems with the maffia, aren't you..?"
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:55 am

Haley grins when she sees flaffy around. "Hey, there is something that you can use Alex!"

When she sees the skiploom she goes over and looks at the berries they are nearby first. She then looks at the skiploom as if trying to assess them. "Hi um...Hi!" She pulls out her seed bag. "I was wondering if I could get something? Some of your powder? I'll be sure to pollinate stuff for you."
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
 
Posts: 14216
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Dusk9 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:28 am

"I'd have a lot of questions about the... Absurdity of the situation, nor to mention how you found out some of that information. But going under the assumption that you're speaking the truth... At the very least you obtained all this information from somewhere... I do happen to know the location of the dark temple, yes. As do I the flying temple, and I have a good couple suspicions about others."

"I can tell you the dark temple is not as near as you'd hope, though... And why would you need to know, anyways?"


"Wait, you do?! And the Flying one too?! Wow, that's....more than I was expecting, to be honest. I was just guessing!"

"And the thing is, the gods.....they don't talk anymore. They're all in hiding. So, we're worried that they might not even know about the Godslayers. And if they get caught alone, unprepared....then yeah, that would suck. A lot. Since the temples are the only link we have with them, I figured that if we found them, we could warn them. Especially if the Godslayers are targetting the temples directly..."


"Regardless of that, though... That wasn't even what I was trying to ask you about. I was trying to ask about... Surprisingly enough, a more mundane issue. If perhaps even more dangerous."

"You're in problems with the maffia, aren't you..?"


"......oh."

"THAT problem."

"Yes."

"...how, ah...how much do you know about that...?"
User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 6746
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby SuperVaderMan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:47 am

Hm! As intimidating as she is, this spider lady's kinda nice. Koa gratefully stows away the Spinarak Idol as the spider lady offers even more to him!

"Oh that'd be really cool of you! Umm... well I don't think I have any questions about the maze right now, so could I get back to you on that?"

"I'd like to know your name, though. I'm Koa!" He says, introducing himself with a big, less-fanged smile.

*Isn't playing Mace*

*Resists urge to flirt with the spider lady*

:shifty:
User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Babbles Incessantly
 
Posts: 4999
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Natrivv » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:40 pm

"Yes, just what is that thing? I've seen a picture of it, and sickles around it."

"Don't most people seek power out for some reason without thinking of the consequences?"

"What did he ask for help with?
"

Let's be honest, there's no way Irene could out run pokemon by any stretch and if it sounds like "Jack" is behind her then her best option is to take advantage of the "courtesy" and try to keep him talking till she was safe... Plus She probably already sounded like a herd of stampeding tauros, talking couldn't hurt.


irene athletics [3d6] = 9 survival [3d6] = 9 intuition [2d6] = 10
irene athletics [3d6] = 10 survival [3d6] = 9 intuition [2d6] = 7
irene athletics [3d6] = 13 survival [3d6] = 7 intuition [2d6] = 3
User avatar
Natrivv
Gives Speeches
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:30 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Dlover » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:53 pm

"Flaaffy... Electric isn't the most versatile type, and their high ability is only Plus, but it could be helpful to have one. Covers Roy's weakness to Flying, at the least. Mercury covers its weakness to ground... But Flaaffy have a pretty weak move set... It does get better at higher levels, I suppose... Yeah, it's probably worth it."

Alex approaches the group of flaaffy, slowly walking toward them in the open, "Excuse me! I was wondering if any of you would be willing to join me."
Charm: 18
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)
User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
 
Posts: 11071
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby SamWiser » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:00 pm

Phoenix takes a minute or so before springing into action. During that minute, he watches the cooks and waiters, trying to find who the head chef is. When he's ready, Phoenix adopts his new, nervous persona and heads up to who he thinks is in charge.

Hello sir. I'm reporting for duty!
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

“Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?”
― Terry Pratchett
User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
 
Posts: 6766
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby M0rtimer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:11 am

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

The team almost immediately splits up, both interested in different things... Starting off with Haley assessing the skiploom, finding the plant pokemon to be a bit apprehensive... If less apprehensive than they should be, somehow. And after checking out the bush- Which seems to contain a couple more Kebia berries, addresses the plant pokemon themselves.

"I was wondering if I could get something? Some of your powder? I'll be sure to pollinate stuff for you."

"Powder? What you need powder for? Which kind of powder?" Haley hears as a sudden response..?!

Alex, meanwhile, considers the Mareep, deciding he could probably do with the help of one of them... He appears at least charismatic enough to not immediately scare off the group of relatively peaceful Mareep- Neither is he charismatic enough to just have the Mareep follow him like that, though.

Izzy

"Wait, you do?! And the Flying one too?! Wow, that's....more than I was expecting, to be honest. I was just guessing!"


Jack simply nods, not seeming intent on responding just yet... At least until he gets a response to his own question.

"And the thing is, the gods.....they don't talk anymore. They're all in hiding. So, we're worried that they might not even know about the Godslayers. And if they get caught alone, unprepared....then yeah, that would suck. A lot. Since the temples are the only link we have with them, I figured that if we found them, we could warn them. Especially if the Godslayers are targetting the temples directly..."

"...I see. I do think you're worrying a bit much, though. At least, for the wrong reasons... I'm sure you're aware that the gods can take on human disguises. Or avatars, or whatever you'd like to call them. A lot of them have taken on modern tendencies... They're not as much in hiding, as in they are just... Kind of living life, I suppose. I doubt they're not aware of the Godslayers. They've not made any attempt to disguise their intentions, or even be subtle..."

"Which is where I'd think the issue, lies. I don't think the Godslayers are trying to scare off the gods so much... As that they are trying to piss them off to get them OUT of hiding."

"After all, a whole show is made of them being evil... Of one of the Regi's, too. I believe they're supposed to guard the temples, don't they? So in one day, not only did they blacken their reputation... They also showed off they were threatening their temples."

"Speaking of which... The temples is perhaps something that worries me most."

"The church might be an exception in that it was never really 'hidden'... If you don't count it appearing from nowhere one day, at least. But here's where you are probably under a misassumption... That all of the temples are exactly well hidden."

"The flying temple is on the windswept isles. The island is basically a massive labyrinth of canyons, with winds strong enough to lift boulders and swing them around, from the inside to the outside... I know, because I've been there before. And it nearly killed me."

"I might not have seen the temple myself, but it got confirmed to me... The temple is the source of those unnatural winds. It's protection mechanic."

"Not all temples are hidden. Some could as well be in plain sight... They just have other means to defend themselves."

"I've never confirmed many of them myselves, but it has long been my theory... You find a dangerous, rare site? You find a temple. Ironblight? Steel temple. That swamp that shouldn't be able to hold any life? Poison temple. Thunder plains..?"
he says, waving a hand off as if he NEEDS to continue.

"If the Godslayers have not yet found those temples yet, it's because they are trying to figure out a way to circumvent their defenses. Which makes the fact they raided the Fairy temple first... Problematic."

"A Fairy's defence... It would have been something akin to a glamour. Deep underground, looking suspiciously nothing like a temple... It's first defense was not being found in the first place."

"Get what I'm saying? If they went there first... Even if my theory is wrong- I suspect they already know the location of all temples..."


"......oh."

"THAT problem."

"Yes."

"...how, ah...how much do you know about that...?"


"Not that much, admittedly. Just enough... To know that word is spreading about you in the underground- And the underground runs deep in Murkoff. That, and that you've got some kind of guardian angel."

"Word on the streets is that there's a large bounty on your head... If brought in alive, and only alive. But at the same time... Someone's spreading misinformation about you. Most believe you to be hiding somewhere in Ferapex... I wouldn't even have suspected anything if I didn't get an anonymous tip. To help, that is..."

"Now... It's not in my position to tell you what to do. If they're after you because of something you have, I'd suggest just giving it back... They won't forgive you, they're not that kind of people- But perhaps they'll stop their active hunt."

"If not... Well, that'd be a harder matter."

"In each case, I'd like to offer some advice while you're in Murkoff... If you're ever worried about your safety... Try to either get back here, or stick in the area of the Kingsmen. You'll be safe in both of those. I've also made sure that the Junkrats won't be much of a problem to you... Even if they won't actively try to help you."

"The one place I'd just have you steer clear off- Stay away from the tower, and it's Red hand members."

"Not only would they gladly capture you for the reward if they figure out who you are... They're also plotting something. I like none of it."


Koa

"Oh that'd be really cool of you! Umm... well I don't think I have any questions about the maze right now, so could I get back to you on that?"


"Hmm hmm... Acceptable, I suppose."

"I'd like to know your name, though. I'm Koa!"

"Hmm, hmm... I suppose if you must know, you may call me Hilda. I suppose I did say questions relating to the maze... Not necessarily me."

Irene

"Yes, just what is that thing? I've seen a picture of it, and sickles around it."

"Don't most people seek power out for some reason without thinking of the consequences?"

"What did he ask for help with?"


"All these incessant questions."

"Just makes it easier to find you."

"Listen and I will tell."

"The NIGHTMARE URN... It is an artifact that can contain... Demons. Aspects of personality you no longer wish to have... Brought to life and twisted into form."

"He was given it, so he could contain this part of him that he came to loathe."

"In return... He'd be put in charge of guarding it, too."

"Merciless."

"Cruel."

"Heartless."

"That's me."

"Jack."


None the less, Irene was somehow managing to keep up not getting too lost..! Occasionally going in a wrong end, but realizing it in time and quickly doubling back... But those words were none the less put with more power behind them as she suddenly finds the glowing red eyes staring down her from ahead of her! Forced to double back, and look for another way, and the sound of paws clattering against the floor as dogs are rushing in becoming more prominent...

"...And in time, as people came to learn of the NIGHTMARE URN."

"They added their own demons, too."

"I wonder... What would you put in?"


Phoenix

Phoenix luckily doens't even need to wait to find out who the big chef is... Midas is there to help, and simply tell him.

Hello sir. I'm reporting for duty!


"About friggin time you showed up." the man speaks, stainless white apron turning back to you. "Been waiting for your ass since yesterweek. You're this hotshot new cook, right? Well, you better get ready to help with rush hour once it comes, but we're low tide now... Help prepare the cold dishes alright? We still need deviled eggs and the arrangement- Balut, you show him how we do it, chop chop!" the leader let's know, putting a heavier set guy on walking up to you and begin "instructing" you on how they display their cold dishes to "look nice"... You're not sure if you get everything that's being said.

"Annoying... Just play along for now. We just need to find an opportunity once the order for drinks comes up to complete our plan."

"Okay, so the eggs form the petals of the flower, and we put the starfruit and pineapple slices in the middle. Salad goes on the side to form leaves of sorts... Should be pretty standard stuff for you, right? What kind of presentation did you do at, erm... What place did you use to work at again?"
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:28 am

Haley freezes in place. She is really glad Alex isn't there. She thinks to herself Great so now I am going crazy. First Alex is seeing things and now I am hearing things. She stammers at the pokemon looking a bit scared."Are you talking to me or am I going crazy? I...I use powder to um h-help defend myself. Y-you know, powder moves like stun spore pr posion poder or sleep powder. If you don't mind."

Spoiler: show
the insanity! It spreads!
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
 
Posts: 14216
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Dlover » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:13 am

"I need to round out my team a bit, and an electric type would fit in well. Do none of you want to give it a try?"

Charm: 19
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)
User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
 
Posts: 11071
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby SuperVaderMan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:42 am

"Hilda. Alright!" Koa affirms for himself, with a nod and a grin. "Well I'm gonna go see what the rest of the maze is all about. I'll see you later, yeah?"

With a wave, Koa leaves Hilda's room and heads deeper into the maze.

Intuition and Perception after spider room:
5d6+4 = [5, 5, 4, 3, 2] = 23
2d6 = [3, 1] = 4
User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Babbles Incessantly
 
Posts: 4999
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Dusk9 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:58 am

As Jack explains what he knows about the gods and temples, Izzy nods to herself slowly.

"Wow, okay....yeah, that all makes a lot more sense now."

"But that's the thing - if some of the gods are angry enough to try and take on the Godslayers directly, they'll just be walking into a trap! Especially if they're going in alone. But if they group up first, they can watch each others backs. Only they can't group up if they're all still hiding from each other. If we can find some of them, we can put them in touch with Diancie. At least that way they have a chance of teaming up to defend the themselves or the temples."

"What's that saying...."Together We Stand, Divided We Fall", right?"


Then he follows up with what he's heard about the mafia searching for her.

"Yeeeah. It's not that I've got anything they want, really. More....I am what they want."

"Look, it's...complicated. I know the guy who's watching out for me - he's probably the one telling people I'm in Ferapex. As far as he could figure out, they want to get at my father. And when they heard I'd....'left home', they figured it was a good chance to go for me. You know, since I'm a helpless little girl and all that."

"Thanks for advice. I'll keep it in mind if things ever look really bad. But honestly, I was hoping we could get through Murkoff as quickly as possible and on the road to Hantu. No offence, I'm sure Murkoff is really nice! It's just, like you said, not really the safest place for me right now....."
User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 6746
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dlover, WearsHats and 8 guests