PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Home to all current Forum Games.

Moderator: Games Moderators

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby SamWiser » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:13 pm

I'm having internet problems, so I can't roll right now. Will fix it asap, but wanted to post so I don't miss another update.

Phoenix will move out of range, and have Charming repeat the same attack, making sure to not kill the Crustle.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

“Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?”
― Terry Pratchett
User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
 
Posts: 6765
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Natrivv » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:37 pm

Irene's eyebrow twitches listening to these two voices. "Oh is this the section for people who are afraid of being annoyed to death? I'll come back for that tape, but here's the thing, there's more doors for this key to unlock first why would I give it away!"Grumbling Irene leaves the room "I see what the kid meant by not worth it." Irene exits the room to find the enterance staring back at her... how much time had passed? More over, how much time did she have left? Looking at both passageways Irene deciedes to go to the direction opposite of the mask room.

This maze has a circular layout, there's probably another locked door on this side too... Irene lightly jogging to save time Irene still winds her way back to the exit of the maze where the four idols were found. "I really don't want to do this in the dark... or was that another clue?" If she reaches the previous room with nothing of note, she'll unlock the door.

Irene Occult [4d6] = 16 survival [3d6] = 15 perception [2d6] = 7 intuition [2d6] = 10
Irene Occult [4d6] = 10 survival [3d6] = 13 perception [2d6] = 7 intuition [2d6] = 5
Irene Occult [4d6] = 16 survival [3d6] = 10 perception [2d6] = 7 intuition [2d6] = 11
User avatar
Natrivv
Gives Speeches
 
Posts: 1172
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:30 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Dusk9 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:45 am

Izzy can't help but grin to herself as the Ground-type comes out - an obvious counter to Bugsy, if it weren't for that TM she'd bought him an hour earlier....

Energy Ball (AC: 17, Damage: 32)
User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby M0rtimer » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:42 pm

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

"Is she... Really only sick? Is this medical equipment even working?"

"Yeah. It's just... She's been sick for a long time. And it just got worse and worse... There were a lot of pills in that cabinet over there, but we didn't dare just picking some and hoping they worked or something... They might just as well have killed her after all, right? We just didn't know... So we stuck with trying to hook her up to the machinery, hoping that at least helps her breathe better, and it'd eventually get better... It didn't."

"...But some other humans came by not too long ago. I kind of tried to shoo them away, but... I suppose I'm glad I failed, cause one of them helped. We got her on meds now. It's too early to tell, but... Hopefully it'll work."

"...If that will be necessary. I'll do my best to help."

"Um...go ahead and do your thing Luna."

Luna nods, taking a deep breath as she moves to the zoroark's side... Closing her eyes as for a brief moment Alex sees Luna's aura spark alive with a divine presence, and a surge of healing would enter the zoroark mother... And... Nothing seemed to happen. There's a couple seconds of awkward pause as Luna eventually raises her hand. It didn't look like anything particular had happened for either Haley or Bjorn, besides perhaps a soft golden glow.

"...I'm sorry. This ability is usually reserved for healing wounds and such. It might not always work for..."


Her apology is interrupted by a sudden cough, and a stirring from the table. The mother slowly opening her eyes, as Numa was quick to dash up to her side.

"Easy mom! Don't try to move yet... You're going to be better, okay? The meds we're getting you now and such will make that happen... But keep resting for now."

Numa seems happy... A huge difference from her usual scowling. She does turn somewhat to the trainers. "Would you... Mind giving me some time alone?"

Koa

Taking his reward, Koa starts searching the room further, looking for any potential place to insert his key... But he seems unable to find anything. He does remember the place Fatale showed him, though, and how it would have been literally impossible for him to find that keyhole if he hadn't seen her put it in... Was there something he's missing? In each case, if there is a keyhole here... There probably has to be something else that "reveals" the keyhole, too.

Confirming he's not going to find anything unless he presses every minute inch on the walls piece by piece, though, and even then might not find anything, he eventually turns back to explore more of the maze, collecting his idols on the way out... Now turning right once again at the crossing and, after another linear path, finds himself in another larger room... That is more lively than any other he has encountered before.

The walls and ceilings are absolutely covered in webs... Most notably the ceiling, that is covered in such an amount of webbing that he's not sure how high the ceiling here might actually be. And as he shines up his torch, can see the writhing of many, many pokemon up there... A couple spinarak briefly glancing down at him, before quickly scurrying away into deeper webs. To his right, it seems there's an exit out of this room... And straight ahead, he notices a larger, open passageway into a smaller room... Although the passageway is completely blocked by webs, and the floor beyond it is completely covered, too. He thinks he can see something inside there, though...

Phoenix

Kanga is recalled as Phoenix moves himself up next to the wall, while Charming hits with another water pulse- Knocking out the crustle and winning the battle!

Phoenix earns 400 exp to share among his pokemon

Irene

"Oh is this the section for people who are afraid of being annoyed to death? I'll come back for that tape, but here's the thing, there's more doors for this key to unlock first why would I give it away!"

"You asked for the price."

"We simply gave it to you."

"When you do it matters little."

"You'll be back."

"Those who get this far... They always do."

The creatures chuckle again as Irene leaves, jogging back towards the exit in the other direction she came from... She does figure that, just as there was a door on the other side, there might be one on this one..? She does keep an eye out, but does not immediately encounter anything of the sorts on her way back over... Then again, there's probably a lot of dead ends left unexplored, and it'd probably be in a bit of a peculiar location, wouldn't it..? She could try actively looking for it, perhaps.

For now, though, she finds herself back at the hallway, inserting the key as the next iron door begins to open..! Revealing... My god, it couldn't be! It's...

Another iron door.

At this point it seems like this might as well become a game of frustration, as irene looks back at the engraving of this mysterious NIGHTMARE URN... Now, with a pair of spooky claws reaching downwards to it, too. Once again, on her left, was a rewards machine, this time dispensing an TM: dark pulse, X-scissor, or brick break. While to her right, there was an old TV set... Together with a strangely modified VHS set, with three little red lights on it.

Izzy

Jack lets out a frown as you reveal yet another ace up your sleeve... As he none the less gives that by now known command: "Bite through it Mugger!"

The sandile does, blocking a lot of the hit... But still heftily damaged as the counterattack is issued- The sandile putting Bugsy in a rock tomb for 50(44) damage, and putting him in a vortex! Consciously kept a couple feet away from the sandile...

"I must say I am mildly impressed... It's rare I find myself needing to use that on each of my pokemon, and have it be extremely warranted as well. At this level of the competition, at least."


Flash uses left: 4
Light turns remaining: 1
Kay(24/20) conceded
Bugsy(22/18) 49/93, Vortex(20)
Nate(19/15) KO
Sandile(18/15) badly injured
Murkrow(16) KO
Houndour(15) KO
Scraggy(5) Very KO
Sableye(5)KO
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10556
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:11 pm

"Oh! Of course. Take your time." Haley walks out of the room with Alexand Luna "Zozomamma is going to be okay right?" She sits down on the floor. "I wouldn't know what to do if it was my mamma..." She looks distant for a moment before she sends out Cushion to go in her lap as she texts her bro.

Code: Select all
Hi Rusty!  I want to tell you that I am fine and sorry for accidently ditching you!  I saw a lot of neat things that I can't tell you over text, sorry!  It has been real evenful and I got some pictures of some new pokemon and places I have been too!  I hope you are doing well and that I get to see you soon.~ 
Haley puts some (adorable) puctures of her mons and some cool action shots, but nothing from the werehouse.
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
 
Posts: 14190
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Dlover » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:16 pm

Alex nods, leaving at Numa's request, speaking once they've left the room, "You did well, Luna. We're lucky to have you here. Hopefully it lasts, but... I'm concerned she's not just sick. She may well just be too old. It's hard to tell with a pokemon. Sometimes they live a long time, sometimes they don't."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)
User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
 
Posts: 11064
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Natrivv » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:34 pm

Irene looked at the tm choices, while they were all good moves, they weren't moves suited to her team. Rose and Ms. Cuddles could learn Dark pulse but with their special attack... Rythem and Etoile could learn brick break, but didn't really help there move sets... Pices, Shock, and Ochrana couldn't learn any of them, which left Cygnus with Dark pulse, and while the He could use it, the flinch would be useless. Hoping nothing happened she decided to wait for now and not pick anything.

"Well, might as well start this..." Irene inserts the first tape, after viewing the results and confirming that the iron door won't need the skeleton key, Irene goes back out to the maze... to search for dead ends... "Is this a test of bravery or patience?" mutters... as she starts her search, quickly unlocking the door if she manages to find it.

Irene Occult [4d6] = 14 survival [3d6] = 10 perception [2d6] = 5 intuition [2d6] = 4
Irene Occult [4d6] = 12 survival [3d6] = 10 perception [2d6] = 5 intuition [2d6] = 3
Irene Occult [4d6] = 20 survival [3d6] = 10 perception [2d6] = 7 intuition [2d6] = 9
User avatar
Natrivv
Gives Speeches
 
Posts: 1172
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:30 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby SuperVaderMan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:39 pm

Eugh, that's unnerving! Koa cautiously makes his way across the room, frequently glancing up at the ceiling as he does.

He stops at the webbed passageway, trying to peer through the webbing to see what's at the end of it. If he can't determine what it is, he suspects what it might be anyway. With this room mirroring the... well, the mirror room, there was a good chance it was another idol. There's no way Koa's getting through all that web, though, at least not without making a lot of angry spiders. He'd already done that once today, and he wasn't about to try it again.

With that in mind, Koa glances up again before retrieving his remaining Candy Bar. He breaks off the end of it and gently places it at the base of one of the webs. "Don't suppose I could interest one of you in a snack, huh? I made it myself!"
User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Babbles Incessantly
 
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby SamWiser » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:56 pm

Good job, Charming.

Phoenix recalls charming, grabs a uniform, and changes into it. Then, assuming he has nothing else to do here, he walks out into the main area, trying to find where the assignments are being given out.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

“Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?”
― Terry Pratchett
User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
 
Posts: 6765
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Dusk9 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:45 am

"I must say I am mildly impressed... It's rare I find myself needing to use that on each of my pokemon, and have it be extremely warranted as well. At this level of the competition, at least."

"Thanks! To be honest, I was kinda considering choosing the next level up. Really glad I didn't though - I'd have had no chance of winning."

Unable to fight through the vortex to the Sandile, Bugsy opts for another tactic - sending out a string of webbing that latches directly onto his opponent, pulling him through the air! As he lands he sinks his teeth into the lizard's face, gnawing at whatever vulnerable bits he can reach. He's still not able to escape the vortex though.

Threaded Shift (AC: 19)

Bug Bite (AC: 23, Damage: 27+17 crit = 44)

Vortex Escape Check: 2
User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby M0rtimer » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:35 pm

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

The trainers dutifully exit on request, giving Numa some time alone... Haley wondering for a moment before sending out a message to her brother, accompanied by lots of (non-incriminating) pictures, of course. Alex, meanwhile, can't help but wonder though...

"You did well, Luna. We're lucky to have you here. Hopefully it lasts, but... I'm concerned she's not just sick. She may well just be too old. It's hard to tell with a pokemon. Sometimes they live a long time, sometimes they don't."

"...Maybe." Luna admits, but seems... Resolute. "She did seem old... But I would rather believe it was simply a mix of both. Old age got her sick easier. Besides, if she's been sick for so long, won't it make sense she doesn't look well?"

"I'll believe that even in the worst case, we at least manage to buy her some more time... Would fate be more cruel?"


Little time for actual replies is given as Numa opens the door yet again... Walking out to meet the trainers again. Her face has returned to her usual scowl, but her words... Not quite so.

"...Look, I guess... I owe you guys a favor. I'm not sure what that'd be, but... Well, if there's anything you think you could ask of me, then do it. I'd offer just a reward of some kind, but I've already given away the one thing I think would interest you guys..."

"Anyways... I guess unless you have something to ask of my mom, you're probably good to leave, right? I mean, not that I WANT or NEED you to leave, but you were going to be leaving soon right? I mean... Ugh."

"...Oh, just one thing maybe. Is that one douchebag and his douchebag robot going to be sticking around here much longer?"

Irene

Irene checks out the TM's for a moment, but eventually leaves the options open, hoping that won't come back to bite her later... And seeming to verify there is no key to be inserted here, turns to the TV instead. Inserting the first MYSTERY TAPE...

The screen flickers to life with static, before beginning to display the scene...
A grainy picture starts up, displaying a boy around Irene's age, perhaps a couple years younger, hurrying himself along darkened passageways. A maze that looks very much like this one, with a lantern very much like the one they themselves were holding. Behind them seemed howling, shades flickering in the dark, as the boy kept running... Deeper and deeper. A shortness of breath seemed to be coming over him as he found himself in front of what seemed like an endless hallway,
down which he began running... And running. Coming only to a sudden, and abrupt stop as... Something blocked the way. A dark figure stood there in the midst of the hallway, brooding, it's back turned to him. All you could make out from the quality is a dark shape.

"W-What are you?!" the kid shouts, taking a couple steps back... As the creature turns around as if aware of him only just now- A single green glare is visible from the darkness, followed by the sound of a chuckle.

"You've already forgotten? How rude... It was you who came looking for me, after all."

"But very well... I suppose I can introduce myself."


The tap ends there, and is spit out as one of the lights turns green. Following which, Irene goes back on the hunt for another door, figuring it HAS to be somewhere on the other side... And eventually, she succeeds! Another keyhole revealed by the lantern awaits her...

Koa

Koa is more than a little unnerved at all the spiders, none the less approaching the area where the spider infestation seems most dense... He only barely gets close enough to confirm his suspicions, but they do seem correct: there is another idol in there. He also seems correct he's probably not going to get in there without pissing off a bunch of spiders, though... As he tries it with the method that's worked far and true for him so far... Food!

"Don't suppose I could interest one of you in a snack, huh? I made it myself!"

Initially, nothing seems to happen as he puts part of the candy bar on the ground, and takes a step back... But eventually, a couple spinarak do approach curiously... One even beginning to lower from the ceiling with a string of silk... Before another one just sends up a whole quick spray at it, and grabs it, happily munching on it from the safety of the top webs.

Phoenix

Phoenix immediately grabs an uniform, intending to immediately head out, and start looking for where "assignments" are given out... But it seems Midas has different plans for him.

"Before you do anything else, recall that man's pokemon, and stow away the body. There's some containers in the back that will do the job. Lock it, too. An empty desk will still raise suspicion, but not outright alarm."

"Then, once that is done, we can head straight for the goal... Ride the elevator all the way to the top floor."

"Or as far as it will take you, at least."


Izzy

"Thanks! To be honest, I was kinda considering choosing the next level up. Really glad I didn't though - I'd have had no chance of winning."

"I think you might be giving yourself a bit less credit. Although I am glad you recognize that the challenge would be far harder than this... Well. Either that, or you've just roundabout admitted that this one is your last ace, and your other pokemon are not nearly as potent as these so far have proven."


Bugsy is quite peeved at being stuck in the vortex, but doesn't let that bother him... Just forcing himself over with a threaded shift- And biting down as he knocks out the sandile!

It's up to the last pokemon: a Mightyena.

Flash uses left: 4
Kay(24/20) conceded
Bugsy(22/18) 40/93, Vortex(16)
Nate(19/15) KO
Sandile(18/15) KO
Murkrow(16) KO
Houndour(15) KO
Mightyena(14)
Scraggy(5) Very KO
Sableye(5)KO
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10556
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:46 pm

"I have no idea how long they will take, you will keep an eye on them I take it?" Haley gets her gear ready to go, wanting to explore this fissure thing she heard about.
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
 
Posts: 14190
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby SuperVaderMan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:30 pm

Koa smiles to himself. "I got more where that came from! If you want it, I'm gonna need you guys to help me out, yeah?" He points into the mass of webbing. "If you guys get me that thing over there, that one sitting on top of the pedestal, I'll give you the rest of this to eat. How's that sound?"

Fluff Intuition for spider bribe: 4d6+4+6 = [4, 4, 2, 1] = 21

Koa waits for their response, ready to give out his reward should they accept. If more than one accepts, he'll break up the Candy Bar preemptively for them to share!
User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Babbles Incessantly
 
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Dlover » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:04 pm

"I can't think of anything we need that you could help us with. And there's no need for anything like that, either. Helping people in need is the right thing to do... Actually... If you could pull off the act of being a trainer, you could take your family to a pokecentre for treatment when it gets really bad, under the guise of being your pokemon. You'd have to be careful not to let your illusion drop around humans, though... Hey, Spark, how likely is it that could be arranged? You'd be asking for something in exchange, right? Can we make it something simple like 'Go check out the mega fissure'?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)
User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
 
Posts: 11064
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Natrivv » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:14 pm

"A cliff hanger? Of course..." Irene left the room, relived that the key seemed to be secondary.

Quickly unlocking the second room Irene looks in holding the lantern aloft to illumant the new scary scene infront of her...
User avatar
Natrivv
Gives Speeches
 
Posts: 1172
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:30 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Dusk9 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:43 am

"I think you might be giving yourself a bit less credit. Although I am glad you recognize that the challenge would be far harder than this... Well. Either that, or you've just roundabout admitted that this one is your last ace, and your other pokemon are not nearly as potent as these so far have proven."

"Oh, is this your last one!? I didn't realise! Heh, you're probably right then. Nate was actually my weakest, but that's only 'cause he hadn't evolved yet..."

Still struggling with the vortex, Bugsy nevertheless sends off another blast of energy directly into the Mightyena's open jaws! Izzy also activates another Flash, too; not that it was really needed.

Energy Ball (AC: 23, Damage: 45+17 crit = 52) [-1SDEF CS]

- Flash: 3 rounds of medium light
User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby SamWiser » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:38 am

Phoenix follows the instructions of Midas, recalling his pokemon and hiding the knocked out guard. He stops before leaving the room, though.

Wait... we aren't ready to take the elevator up yet. Don't we need to wait for them to call for drinks? And, you know... to get the drinks?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

“Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?”
― Terry Pratchett
User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
 
Posts: 6765
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby M0rtimer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:12 am

Haley, Alex, (Bjorn)

"I have no idea how long they will take, you will keep an eye on them I take it?"

"Hmph. I guess I will..."

"I can't think of anything we need that you could help us with. And there's no need for anything like that, either. Helping people in need is the right thing to do... Actually... If you could pull off the act of being a trainer, you could take your family to a pokecentre for treatment when it gets really bad, under the guise of being your pokemon. You'd have to be careful not to let your illusion drop around humans, though... Hey, Spark, how likely is it that could be arranged? You'd be asking for something in exchange, right? Can we make it something simple like 'Go check out the mega fissure'?"

"...Wouldn't I need pokeballs for that?"

Code: Select all
Pretty much. :)

No much what strings I could pull, they'd matter little if Numa didn't have pokeballs ready to hand over once she gets to a pokecenter. :)

Besides, if you were going to try that, why simply not try one of the healing machines locally..? :)

I am mildly surprised you didn't try that already, to be honest. :)

Although I suppose asking the girl to trust you to capture her mother might be asking for much. ;)

Regardless, though, there's no need to worry. :)

Everything is likely going to be alright. :)


Koa

"I got more where that came from! If you want it, I'm gonna need you guys to help me out, yeah? If you guys get me that thing over there, that one sitting on top of the pedestal, I'll give you the rest of this to eat. How's that sound?"

There seems to be some hesitation from some of the spiders, but eventually it does seem like some are swayed enough to the point of helping him out... Soon entering the webbed area, beginning to climb up the pedestal to grab the idol... Before a voice brings them to a sudden halt.

"Oh, darlings. You're not disobeying me over a little piece of candy, are you?"

The Spinarak instantly flinches, and seems to decide the candy is not worth it as he jumps off the pedestal and into the webbing... As Koa can only just barely make out the silhouette of something BIG beginning to descend from the webs beyond the door...

Irene

Irene slowly hear the door click open, sliding it open to reveal another creepy room... This one filled with a soft blue glow, as she enters to find another rather unsettling room... In the form of what seems to be a tomb. A large, stone coffin lies in the midst of the room, seeming almost impossible to open... And what is looking like some wilted flowers lie at it's base. The glow seems to come from more of those candles she had extinguished earlier, on either side of the room, behind iron grating... A lot more. Among all those wilted flowers, though, she manages to find another little something she was looking for...

OBTAINED MYSTERY TAPE #2

Izzy

Bugsy strikes with another energy ball, doing good damage as it gets close with a bite for 36(30) damage... And also flinches him!

Flash uses left: 3
Light remaining: 2
Kay(24/20) conceded
Nate(19/15) KO
Sandile(18/15) KO
Bugsy(17/18) 1/93, Vortex(12), flinched
Murkrow(16) KO
Houndour(15) KO
Mightyena(14) heavily injured
Scraggy(5) Very KO
Sableye(5)KO

Phoenix

After stowing away the guard and recalling his pokemon, Phoenix gets on his way... Although skeptical.

Wait... we aren't ready to take the elevator up yet. Don't we need to wait for them to call for drinks? And, you know... to get the drinks?

"Yes. Exactly. And how do you think we will do that?"

"The elevator will not take you all the way to the penthouse. Even the high clearance on that card isn't enough for that. But it will take you up to her staff chambers. Part of those shall be the kitchens, which you will infiltrate... And try to grab the order for the drinks whenever they might come, and slip in the poison then."

"Remember. You're a top chef. According to that badge, at least. Given that I do not actually expect you to have the knowledge of fine culinary arts... Fake it until you make it."
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10556
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Dlover » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:46 am

"I kind of expected it to require actual skilled medical attention or magic. Don't healing machines just patch up injuries? Heck, they aren't even perfect, they can't fix everything at once, or even quickly. And yes, it would require pokeballs. I wanted to know what it would require for this to work before I handed over some of mine. And trust was the major problem, too. No reason to trust one of us with something like that, to it would be easier for Numa if she could handle that herself... Are there even working healing machines other than the one in the ship? Which you were going to be moving somewhere secure when it was fixed? Besides, how would you know it will be alright? You're involved in technology, not organics... Haa, well, whatever. If you're not up for that, Numa, we can just get moving."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)
User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
 
Posts: 11064
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby SuperVaderMan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:26 am

Koa furrows his brow at the voice, apparently belonging to a really big spider? Just how many talking pokemon are there in this maze?

"Oh, uh, sorry! I didn't know they weren't allowed to help."

"Are these your kids? I can make something a bit more nutritious, instead, for that idol thing? Or... I could make you something? I'd like to think I'm a pretty good cook!"
User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Babbles Incessantly
 
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:32 am

Haley shifts impatiently, not knowing what to day or what to do in this situation.
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
 
Posts: 14190
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Dusk9 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:01 pm

Izzy sends out Fern to replace Bugsy. And the spiky seed doesn't take any chances, smashing into the Mightyena with a fast-paced Gyro Ball!

Gyro Ball (AC: 12, Damage: 50)
User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Natrivv » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:56 pm

Seeing the coffins, and candles Irene was torn between showing respect, and putting out all of the candles. In the end she curtseyed infront of the coffin. "I don't mean to be disrespectful, but may I borrow this tape? I'll even leave this one in it's place." Leaving mystery tape 1 where she found tape number two Irene happily left the candles behind her incase they summoned more creatures when bothered.
Irene charm towards coffin 14

"I want to ask the spiders if I can borrow some thread to make my way back easier, but I don't think that would be accaptable." she made her way to the almost familiar entrence by now, periodicly covering the lantern so her eyes could start adjusting to the darkness.

Once she reaches the voices she asks "You know, since I'm going to entertain you be getting lost in the darkness and all that, could I get a bonus item for entertaining you?"Irene charm for free items 19

Irene perception [2d6] = 9 Intuition [2d6] = 12 survival [3d6] = 15
Irene perception [2d6] = 11 Intuition [2d6] = 5 survival [3d6] = 7
Irene perception [2d6] = 5 Intuition [2d6] = 9 survival [3d6] = 10

Items on hand, after hopefully trading with the voices.
Snarl tm, mirror, rare candy

mystery tapes - 2, 3

Idols
claimed mankey , spinarak, kecleon, cubone
lost murkrow, mr. mime
User avatar
Natrivv
Gives Speeches
 
Posts: 1172
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:30 pm

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby M0rtimer » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:28 pm

Haley, Alex, (Bjorn)

"I kind of expected it to require actual skilled medical attention or magic. Don't healing machines just patch up injuries? Heck, they aren't even perfect, they can't fix everything at once, or even quickly. And yes, it would require pokeballs. I wanted to know what it would require for this to work before I handed over some of mine. And trust was the major problem, too. No reason to trust one of us with something like that, to it would be easier for Numa if she could handle that herself... Are there even working healing machines other than the one in the ship? Which you were going to be moving somewhere secure when it was fixed? Besides, how would you know it will be alright? You're involved in technology, not organics... Haa, well, whatever. If you're not up for that, Numa, we can just get moving."

Code: Select all
They are also machines that can cure grave injuries for almost no cost. :)

One would almost say it's magic. ;)

Besides, you are acting as if a huge part of technology is not based around medical stuff, too? :)

Regardless off all that, though... I believe she will be fine. :)


"...Yeah. I'm not sure how I'd feel about doing anything like that so... Everything will be fine. She's been getting better ever since the medicine, anyways..."

Haley and Bjorn just fiddle around, mostly... It's looking like they could depart if they're ready though!

I'll take athletics and perception rolls from everyone. And a preference: Will you walk slowly to investigate everything you come across, normally, or hastily?

Koa

"Oh, uh, sorry! I didn't know they weren't allowed to help."

"Hmm, hmm..." Comes down a clearly female voice, although betraying hints of... Something more. You suppose that's because it's just a pokemon... Right? If a surprisingly big one, for a spider... "Oh, I suppose it's not against the rules... But then again, having the little ones do the job would spoil MY fun, wouldn't it?"

"Are these your kids? I can make something a bit more nutritious, instead, for that idol thing? Or... I could make you something? I'd like to think I'm a pretty good cook!"

There seems to be a hearty chuckle from up the webs... As the massive figure finally drops down with a heavy thump... And the figure in front of him rises up to taller than him... It's bottom half definitely that of a spider- An Ariados, if he had to be specific... He recognizes the pattern from earlier today, even if this one seems darker and more importantly, much bigger than those. Although the real freak out happens when looking up... He's not sure that if looking up at a spider that massive would have been more or less comforting- As instead of where a head should be, a torso begins to extend out, clad in a dark silken dress... The body of a darkhaired woman staring down at him with a devilish grin, her eyes a darker purple just like that of an ariados.

"Oh darling... That sounds far more agreeable! But I'm afraid that whatever you might have planned will be... Smaller than my usual meals." she says- One of her legs raising up to slash through the webbing separating you with surprising ease...

Izzy

Izzy releases Fern, as Jack does seem to be insistent to try his best until the very end... Even as the mightyena's bite scamps off the steel type's heavy armor- And Fern then manages to knock it out! Jack gives a nod and a little grin as he recalls the Mightyena.

"And that is that, I suppose. Congratulations- I hereby award you the Dusk badge."


Izzy has gained the Dusk badge milestone!
Izzy gains 960 exp to share among her pokemon!
Izzy gains 4000 dollars!


"Now, I regularly also try to give some words of advice to contestants... I find myself with surprisingly little to say, though. You seem to have a good handle on things. One thing, perhaps... I'm assuming you had your joltik continue using it's electric and other attacks because it is more proficient with special kind of attacks, not because you forgot about one of the lesser known effective types against dark pokemon?"


Irene

The little tomb answers her only with silence, but she decides to leave a "tribute" just in case... Grabbing the mystery tape, and briefly considering returning to the spiders to get some silk, maybe make a "rope" to the exit... But decides against it. Eventually returning back to "the traders", as she reluctantly hands over the items... And they drop the cassette on the ground for her as they greedily take everything. Not that she wasn't gonna try and walk away with a bit more because of it...

"You know, since I'm going to entertain you be getting lost in the darkness and all that, could I get a bonus item for entertaining you?"


"Why pay for something you'd get for free?"

"Oh, but I suppose there is one thing we can give for free regardless..."

"Yessss... We did forget to mention, didn't we?"

"Now that you're all alone in the dark..."

"IT is going to come hunt you down!"

"You better go fast! If it catches you..."

The creatures laugh to themselves, as everything turns pitch black...

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10556
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:37 pm

Haley will take many outdoor shots and constantly put them in her dex as they go.
Per [5d6+3] = 15+3 = 18 athletic [2d6] = 9 +2 on per if she is allowed to use her travel archive.
(I say normally on the searching unless they see something intersting)
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
 
Posts: 14190
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], M0rtimer and 8 guests