PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:53 pm

Well that last tape wasn't particularly enlightening. The tension Koa had been feeling running from 'Jack' ebbed away as the lights turned back on, and again Koa couldn't help but wonder who filmed these. Were they recreations of real events, were they just made up, or what?

In the final room Koa wanders about for a little bit. He wasn't sure what to make of the Services reward, so he leaves that alone for now. He notices the seven indentations around the Darkrai idol, though, and he slots his seven unique pokemon idols into each, wondering if something will happen.

If nothing does then Koa will move onto the Urn. Apparently he's being given the opportunity to touch it, so... he supposed he'll do that? Is that it, or can he tilt it to look inside, or...?

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:25 am

"All right, Ms. CUddles only a little bit more to go!" Hearing the enthusiasm in Irene's voice Ms. Cuddles roars in response and splashes about, well as much as she can anyways as she lands a tackle against the unlucky foe.

Ms. Cuddles
Intimdiate - swift action
splash + 2 evasion, shift action
tackle Ms. Cuddles tackle [1d20] = 16 damage [1d8+33] = 6+33 = 39

Irene
inspirational training
cheerleader - cheered
inspirational support - splash excited
Gleeful interference 1 ap - Mightyena suffers a -2 accuracy

(31/21)Etoile 12/73 recalled
(23)Rythem 23/104 recalled
(20/22) Ochrana KO
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15) Ms. Cuddles 76/76 +4 evasion, +4 save checks excited (2) motivated (1) cheered (1)
(15)Houndour KO
(15)Sandile KO
(14)Mightyena - 1 atk - 2 accuracy
(5)Sableye KO

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:47 pm

Alex

Alex is hoping to finish the battle quickly, seeing that the Incineroar has no real chance to still win the battle... Sadly, there is a difference between his reasonable mind, and that of a rather aggressive panther pokemon- As it bites down for 51(30) damage..! Luckily, Roy's counter attack is accurate enough to knock it out with no issues.

Roy gains 140 exp

Following that, he turns back to charming the Torracat's again... While two tend to their leader, licking his wounds, another couple seem interested enough to join his party.

Koa

Koa studies, and wonders, the room around him... But first notices the seven little plaques, and makes an obvious conclusion- Placing the idols he gathered upon them, one by one... A click heard as the last one is placed. Soon, he notices a tile on the floor has now displaced, and soon lifts it up to reveal a ladder descending... And presumably, his curiosity compels him to continue.

Down the ladder, he's met with another set of darkened hallways... But unlike the maze above, these are all straight, a grid- Undoubtedly, it would be easy to get to any point in the maze from here, and there even seem to be some other ladders here and there, with the only restriction being that some of the ceiling is rather low.

But his attention is probably more on what lies at the end of this relatively short hallway... Another sign, glowing red- Above a rigid steel door, although one that seems to hold a simple handle... As the sign wrote "CONTROL ROOM".

Irene

Ms Cuddles tackles into the new release, while simultaneously intimidating it... As it retaliates with a bite for 35(25) damage!

(20/22) Ochrana KO
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15) Ms. Cuddles 51/76 +4 evasion, +4 save checks excited (2) motivated (1) cheered (1)
(15)Houndour KO
(15)Sandile KO
(14)Mightyena - 1 atk - 2 accuracy, injured
(5)Sableye KO

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:37 pm

So this must be where Fatale disappeared to earlier, when she climbed down that ladder. Why is he allowed down here, though, Koa wonders?

Approaching the first point of curiosity he sees, the Control Room, he knocks on the metal door. "Hello?" Koa asks, attempting to open the door and enter shortly after.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:28 pm

Alex kneels down to greet the torracats, "I can only accept one of you, so you'll have to decide yourselves who joins me. I'll accept anyone, though I prefer defiant over truant, and secondarily blaze over intimidate."

(Haley may want to snap a picture of that incineroar's attack. I'm guessing it was Fire Fang, since Bite's damage would've been halved.)
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:36 pm

Haley snaps a picture of the incineroars move. She goes up to one of the kitties paying attention to Alex, gently petting it.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:21 pm

Ms. Cuddles bulky fram shrugs off a little of the damage (excited condition used.)

"We just need to keep chipping away Ms. CUddle!" Hearing the enthusiasm in Irene's voice Ms. Cuddles countinues to tackle with great accuaracy, though it's not hard to do when, all she really had to do was roll around.
Ms. Cuddles
Intimdiate - swift action
Ms. Cuddles tackle [1d20] = 17 damage [1d8+33] = 6+33 = 39

Irene
inspirational training
cheerleader - cheered
Gleeful interference 1 ap - Mightyena suffers a -2 accuracy

(20/22) Ochrana KO
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15) Ms. Cuddles 56/76 +4 evasion, +4 save checks excited (2) motivated (2) cheered (1)
(15)Houndour KO
(15)Sandile KO
(14)Mightyena - 1 atk - 2 accuracy injured
(5)Sableye KO

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:29 pm

Koa

Koa approaches the door, giving it a gentle knock with no reply... And when that fails, decides to open it. Not sure what he was expecting... But it probably wasn't this. Opening the door, the room seems faintly lit, as he finds...

A rather... Comical looking "control" room. The buttons are all shiny and in vibrant colors. There's a digital map of the maze on one of the screens, icons shaped like the monsters blinking on a couple spots... There's also a camera in one side of the room, a punching bag, a sofa which has claw marks all over it... And a camera, still focused on the room Koa just exited- A familiar face behind it operating it, as she now turned to stare at Koa, controls still in hand... The supposed Zoroark simply having one word to share:

"Shit."

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

Alex tries to use diplomacy to get one that is "ideal" to join his cause, but it doesn't seem to work exactly... As the couple Torracats that seem interested aren't exactly interested in which of them is "best" for him- as eventually he simply catches one of them...

Alex has captured a lvl 22 quirky male Torracat with intimidate and defiant!
► Show Spoiler
Irene

With another tackle, the mightyena is starting to look worse for wear..! Meanwhile, it once again tries to go in for a bite... But misses!

(20/22) Ochrana KO
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15) Ms. Cuddles 56/76 +4 evasion, +4 save checks excited (2) motivated (2) cheered (1)
(15)Houndour KO
(15)Sandile KO
(14)Mightyena - 1 atk - 2 accuracy heavily injured
(5)Sableye KO

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:15 pm

"Oh."

Koa eventually steps into the room, glancing about, all but dumbfounded. He walks over to the couch and slowly sits down.

"So uh... 'secret of the maze', huh?" Koa asks with a bemused smile.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:05 pm

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:46 pm

Since Burns wants to roll: Perception: 6, Athletics: 7
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:48 pm

"All right, one more solid hit should do it!"
Ms. Cuddles hits the unlucky Mightyena one more time, a little less accurate but still solid attack!

Ms. Cuddles
Ms. Cuddles tackle [1d20] = 7 damage [1d8+33] = 8+33 = 41

Irene
inspirational training
cheerleader - motivated

(20/22) Ochrana KO
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15) Ms. Cuddles 56/76 +4 evasion, +4 save checks excited (3) motivated (3) cheered (1)
(15)Houndour KO
(15)Sandile KO
(14)Mightyena - 1 atk heavily injured
(5)Sableye KO

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:44 am

► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:52 am

Koa

Koa pauses. Stammers... And eventually just decides to sit down, as Fatale by now slowly let's go of the controls, instead leaning on the metallic desk.

"So uh... 'secret of the maze', huh?"

"Hehe... Yeah, fine. You got me. The whole maze kind of IS just a big show... Hell, this whole room has been made a bit more comic than should be just to give a bit of a spin for any who actually make it this far... Spoiler, not many."

"Still, though..."
she says, grinning, "You shouldn't just dismiss it as all a show or trick... We'd not gone through the length we did if it was. It's just more symbolic rather than real."

"Besides..." another voice suddenly fills the room, strangely familiar... Did he sound like that to other people? Another "Koa" soon coming through the metal door, leaning against the wall there.

"You don't think Fatale could run all this on her own, right?"

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

The party continues onwards... The path to the city now clear, and soon they would arrive... Barring that they wish to encounter any of the pokemon they come across upon the way. Which in this case, seems to consist out of a group of dunsparce, dewott and grovyle. Haley also spots a few singular glameow nearer the city limits, among some shacks outside the city.

Irene

Ms Cuddles tackle knocks out the mightyena, as he releases his final pokemon: a scraggy.

(20/22) Ochrana KO
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15) Ms. Cuddles 56/76 +4 evasion, +4 save checks excited (3) motivated (3) cheered (1)
(15)Houndour KO
(15)Sandile KO
(14)Mightyena KO
(5)Sableye KO
(5)Scraggy

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:31 am

"Ooooh a grovile. Hmm....maybe?~" Haley beams when she sees the kitty. "Kitty.~ ^_^"

Edit: Okay Grovyle looks pretty good. A fast attacker with more ways to get speed. Haley goes over to the Grovyle. "Hiya!~ My name is Haley!~ Would any of you like to come with me? Unburden and Vanguard works wonderfully together. Though overgrowth isn't tooooo bad~"
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:19 am

As mirror-Koa enters, actual Koa glances between him and Fatale. He opens his mouth to ask Fatale something, thinks about it, then turns to mirror-Koa instead. "So... are you another Zoro-something, like Fatale? Were you the ones who made those tapes?"

Having asked that, other pieces start falling into place. Then the questions start flowing out, seeking to find the pieces still missing.

"How much of this maze is magic? Fatale said something about a robot, but then that lantern-head guy burned up when I put the candles out! What's the deal with that? Or what about Hilda, or those two voices in the third room, what's up with them? What's up with that dark room the voices were in anyway? It's like that prison room with the Spiritomb in it that I told Fatale about, but it's not...? What about that shadow-Jack guy? He was talking about the 'urn' up stairs, about how Jack used it to... do something? How much of that is real?"

Koa idly probes a tear in the sofa, his brow furrowed in thought.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:16 pm

Almost there Ms. Cuddles we can do this!

Whether the docile pokemon just wanted the battle to be over, or the gyarados's biological rage took over is anyone's guess, but one thing is for sure Ms. Cuddles took aim and hit the Scraggy with a solid blow. Enough to leave the Scraggy slightly cowering.

Ms. Cuddles
intimidate - -1 atk
Tackle [1d20] = 19 damage [1d8+33] = 4+33 = 37

Irene
inspirational training

(20/22) Ochrana KO
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15)Houndour KO
(15)Sandile KO
(14)Mightyena KO
(5)Sableye KO
(5)Scraggy -1 atk

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:26 am

I'll leave the negotiation to Burns.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:07 am

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

Haley approaches the group of Grovyle, as these peaceful herbivores at least seem initially more friendly than the carnivores from before... Which isn't to say that they aren't still on guard- And these ones look more like the kind to try and fight rather than flee, should it come to a confrontation, as they warily watch as Haley approaches...

(Can I get a charm roll? (or survival using you know what))

Koa

Koa pauses for just a moment... And soon, the questions begin.

"So... are you another Zoro-something, like Fatale? Were you the ones who made those tapes?"

"A zoroark? Nah, that'd be too easy, wouldn't it? And it wasn't me who made the tapes, at least..."

"How much of this maze is magic? Fatale said something about a robot, but then that lantern-head guy burned up when I put the candles out! What's the deal with that?"

"Well... Depending on how far you want to stretch the definition, most of the scares in the maze are magic."

"And it all traces back to that urn upstairs. You've not touched it yet?"

"Or what about Hilda, or those two voices in the third room, what's up with them? What's up with that dark room the voices were in anyway? It's like that prison room with the Spiritomb in it that I told Fatale about, but it's not...? What about that shadow-Jack guy? He was talking about the 'urn' up stairs, about how Jack used it to... do something? How much of that is real?"

"Well, Hilda is Hilda... Got named after the friend Jack initially got her from. She's just too big to come down here." Fatale says, smirking a bit when it's obvious that raises questions by itself. Fake Koa spends a moment looking at Fatale as if to confirm that they were going to spill any secrets left, before continuing.

"The dealer in the third room you're talking about was me as well. That was largely an illusion."

"For the remainder of your questions... Why don't you come up, and see the urn? Then I think the rest of the explanation will make more sense."

Irene

Ms Cuddles tackles, dealing some damage... As the Scraggy retaliates with a feint attack, for 37(27) damage!

(20/22) Ochrana KO
(17)Shock 63/78
(16)Murkrow KO
(15) Ms. Cuddles 29/76 +4 evasion, +4 save checks excited (3) motivated (3) cheered (1)
(15)Houndour KO
(15)Sandile KO
(14)Mightyena KO
(5)Sableye KO
(5)Scraggy -1 atk

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:43 am

Hilda is one of Jack's pokemon? But... she's clearly not a pokemon, Koa thinks. At least he was fairly certain that her appearance isn't illusory, like Fatale's is.

Apparently, though, a lot of Koa's questions will be answered by the urn upstairs. Eager to find out how this all works, Koa stands and heads back up to touch the Nightmare Urn, whatever that's supposed to do.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:02 pm

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:23 pm

(Make sure you apply your bonus from Elemental Connection)
My game:

My characters:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:42 pm

Again Ms. Cuddles bulky frame helps her resist the blow. (excited condition used)

"All right, Shock should be able to handle things from here! Great work Ms. Cuddles"

Irene switches out the two pokemon sending out Shock into the air
"All right, this is the last opponent, so let's do it Shock!"

Irene
Inspirational training
cheerleading

(20/22) Ochrana KO
(17)Shock 63/78 +2 evasion, +4 save checks excited (1)
(16)Murkrow KO
(15) Ms. Cuddles 34/76 recalled
(15)Houndour KO
(15)Sandile KO
(14)Mightyena KO
(5)Sableye KO
(5)Scraggy -1 atk

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:57 pm

Koa

Finding his answers would supposedly be answered by the urn upstairs, Koa wastes no time to go investigate... Joined by fake Koa who goes first, climbing up as well... And Fatale behind him, who leaps up the ladder in one smooth motion. Fake Koa already seemed to have procured some keys, using them to unlock the grating that kept the urn safe... Allowing for full investigation, and even looking into the urn- As the other Koa handed it over.

"Careful now. I don't think it can actually be broken, at least not without some serious effort... But I'd rather you'd not drop it regardless."

As he came to grab the urn in the first place, it would be immediately clear that it was more than just mere decoration... Although it was still confusing none the less. Holding it, he could "see" the forms that were contained within, in the shape of the "monsters" he had previously encountered... But they did not seem to have any "life" to them... Until he stared within the urn's opening... And it all seemed clear.

The Nightmare urn
Legendary artifact
The Nightmare urn creates an aura spreading about 50ft in diameter. Within the aura field the following rules apply:
-All dark type pokemon gain the illusionist capability.
-Illusions are not broken upon taking damage.
-Anyone that possesses the illusionist capability may make use of the forms stored in the nightmare urn.
The Nightmare Urn can store up to 7 forms created by one's imagination. The nightmare urn must be "refueled" by fear to retain it's function.

"Is it starting to make a bit more sense, now?"

"When it comes down to it, it's a mix of symbolism with what ACTUALLY happened... Nightmare Jack would have told you Jack used it to seal away a part of himself that he did not like."

"Truth is, that's something... You've gotta do for yourself. It's not as easy as just giving it to an urn and never having to deal with such temptations again."

"But the forms you've seen ARE representations, of sorts, of some people we know... And that which they symbolically have tried to fix."

"It's a little thing we do... Those who get this far- We ask them, if they'd have anything they'd like to add to the urn."

"And since you're gonna ask anyways... Yes, it was actually Darkrai that made this thing. Although the tapes are largely a lie for how it all happened."

"So if you want to know why Darkrai would create this thing... Well, I could tell you about some dark, twisted deal Jack had to perform to get this."

"But truthfully, I'm quite sure he just did it because he's bored."

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

Haley's approach, sadly, seems to almost border on insulting a couple off the grass types... But thanks to her affinity with grass, seem to let her off "easy"- Even if none seem interested on a first glance...
► Show Spoiler
Irene

Ms Cuddles is switched out in favor of Shock... Releasing the pokemon as high in the air as possible, far from the Scraggy's reach, as Jack gives a nod.

"I presume you've no plans to bring him down into melee range..? Very well, then... Given that I've no pokemon able to deal with it left. I concede."

Irene gains the Dusk badge milestone!
Irene gains 960 exp to share among her pokemon!
Irene earns 4000 dollars!

"It always is interesting to see the power of cheer be matched against sheer brutality... Seeing the outcome like this, I reminiscence once again about what a stupid kid I once was."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:25 pm

Onward to the city!
My game:

My characters: