PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:24 am

Caught off-guard by the Sableye's block, Nate tries to summon up an Ominous Wind. But the ghost easily evades it by blending into the shadows of the arena.

Ominous Wind (AC: 2-3 = -1, Damage: 30)
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:11 pm

(If nate had keen senses he should't be affected because it's a non speed evasion AND he's immune to blinded condition.)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:31 pm

Haley

Haley holds up a ball for the skiddo, who hesitantly allows itself to be captured without issue. Not much later, after conversation with Alex, she finds herself with Tex... Who begrudgingly "allows" her presence.

"So how did you create Hopper anyways? Wouldn't you be able to make some money by making more pokemon, especially as rare as a porygon? I mean heck, I may or may not be interested in one. I am sure the others might be as well. "

"I made Hopper by being a god damned genius."
Tex replies, not adding any details. "And yeah, I do sell some of the artificial pokemon I can create at times, it's a good penny... But it's not exactly like they're in such high askings I could make it a regular livable job." he says, turning to you slightly. "Would you want one..? A porygon, that is, or one of the others I could create... I can start the project... If you've got the money."

Alex

Alex brushes off the zoroark, who dejected, finally decides to drop the whole act and work on making sure his brother is okay as he's waking up, too... While he, meanwhile, begins to "meditate". Deciding to not ask too many questions about whether or not the static orb means "his" soul is fucked up or what, for now, as those would likely be questions answered by his meditation. Hopefully...

As he focuses and allows his mind to slowly begin focusing on this weird phenomena, he slowly starts to learn more... Firstly, that whatever he's looking at, it... Does not seem to be a part of "him", necessarily. It's something else. A... Creature? Maybe. In each case, whatever it is, it is... Terribly weak. Like it has NO life force of it's own- Or barely any, at least. It's too weak to be any potential source of threat, at least. And if you'd have to guess, it'd probably just... Disappear, if left alone..?

Either that, or... He could try giving it some of his own lifeforce... See what happens..?

Koa

"...Could you take her gag out? I wanna ask Izzy a few questions. I mean, if that's really her and not another of whatever you are."

The mirror entity blinks a couple times... And then just seems to let out a rather malevolent chuckle.

"Oh, so you know her..? That just makes it all the better! But sorry... No dice."

"It doesn't really matter though, does it..? Either I'm telling the truth, and you know what consequences your actions will have... Or I'm lying, and, well... Then none of this matters, doesn't it?"

"Besides, you know her... Does she sound like the type to say 'no' when offered this agreement?"

Irene

Irene continues, seeming able to avoid the creature for now... Eventually heading down one of the hallways, as she finds a MIRROR FRAGMENT- It seems cloudy...

Phoenix

Phoenix delivers a sucker punch, managing to knock out the guard- Kanga misses her punch, as the Serperior takes that chance to mega drain Kanga- Or tries, at least, as it ends up missing...

Kanga(21) leech seeded 46/102
Serperior(20) lightly injured
Phoenix(13) 37/53
guard(10) KO
Crustle(5)

Izzy

As the attack is blocked, Nate next tries to go for an ominous wind, but misses... As the sableye strikes with a feint attack for 35(44) damage! An attack that would likely have caused an injury to the psychic bird... If he didn't become enshrouded by white light, that is- Managing to block just a bit more by the hit!

Nate has evolved into a xatu!

...Actually, he still takes an injury, but at least he tried.

Flash uses left: 6
Kay(24/20) conceded
Nate(19/15) 29/74
Houndour(15) KO
Scraggy(5) Very KO
Sableye(5)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:57 pm

"No seriously, how did you do it? That depends on how much and what other pokemon you can make." Haley continues to help him fix the hole Tex made. "Or those giant robot things? I bet you can make cool custom stuff with it. With what I have seen so far, I have a few ideas on how to make it better."

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:30 pm

Phoenix hits the Serperior with an Aerial Ace, while Kanga doubles up into it with another Mega Punch

Phoenix Power=28
Kanga AC=16
Kanga Power=49
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:45 pm

"It doesn't really matter though, does it..? Either I'm telling the truth, and you know what consequences your actions will have... Or I'm lying, and, well... Then none of this matters, doesn't it?"

"Or that's not Izzy and I let you parade around in my body for no reason," Koa counters. "And if you're telling the truth, you should let her talk to me - you've got every reason to, yeah?"

"Besides, you know her... Does she sound like the type to say 'no' when offered this agreement?"

"Probably not, especially if it's just for a day. Or she found out you're full of it and said 'no thanks'." Koa taps his chin thoughtfully. Would Izzy reach that conclusion? She was the one who jumped into the portal after Koa when the Overseer abducted him, though that was a pretty tense situation. Would she do the same thing here for someone else, when she had time to think about it?

Koa eyes his double closely. "What do you wanna take my spot so bad for anyway? Don't ya have your own world to run around in?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:04 pm

Alex reaches out to the 'creature,' attempting to feed it a trickle of energy, worried that providing too much too quickly could cause problems for either of them.

Intuition: 26
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:17 pm

As the Sableye darts in, Nate instinctively prepares to Teleport out of danger. But at the last second, a new idea pops into his head. A spark of....foresight. Predicting that the attack wouldn't actually be that strong, he instead catches it head-on - the worst of it deflecting off his borrowed Brace.

At the same time he feels himself growing, in both body and mind. His wings stretch wide and his body tall, while his thoughts take on a level of complexity that he'd never even dreamed of before. Was this what those humans felt like all the time? How could they possibly focus, with so much information streaming through their heads!?

~Well then, this is new! And exciting!~

"Uhh...Nate?"

~Isabella, my dear! Wonderful to finally speak to you properly. That said, perhaps it would be prudent for us to continue this conversation later. This battle is rather important to you, is it not?~

Without giving her a chance to respond, Nate dives back into the fight. Wings spread wide, he unleashes another Dazzling Gleam at the Sableye. Izzy barely manages to react in time, finally activating one of her Flash uses to bathe the arena in light and give him a clear view of his opponent.

- Flash: 3 rounds of medium light

Dazzling Gleam (AC: 6, Damage: 40)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:55 pm

Irene stares at the mirror fragment, she had managed to find one, but it's clear there's more. Quickly choose the clearer reflection from the tm or mirror fragment she holds it behind her before turning around she and going back into the maze. All she wanted was a key... why did it have to be so hard?

Irene occult edu [4d6] = 14 Irene perception [2d6] = 5 Intuition [2d6] = 9
Irene occult edu [4d6] = 10 Irene perception [2d6] = 10 Intuition [2d6] = 9
Irene occult edu [4d6] = 14 Irene perception [2d6] = 5 Intuition [2d6] = 5

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:55 pm

Phoenix

Kanga does some decent damage, but this serperior continuing to replenish it's own HP by sapping away her own strength is NOT helping... In fact, it actually decides to add on some more healing onto that list- Leeching Phoenix! He better hurry, or otherwise get rid of them, quick... At least his aerial ace does a decent bit of damage.

Kanga(21) leech seeded 35/102
Serperior(20) heavily injured
Phoenix(13) 37/53 leech seeded
guard(10) KO
Crustle(5)

Izzy

As Nate evolves they share a couple quick words with Izzy, before getting straight back to the action- Nate going in for another dazzling gleam! Jack commands it to bite through the pain, though, ignoring some of the damage... As well as seeming to be a bit tougher, having recently used a dark-typed attack. As this time around it hits with a shadow sneak, which is a bit more effective as it hits for 36(52) damage!

Flash uses left: 5
Light turns remaining: 2
Kay(24/20) conceded
Nate(19/15) 12/74
Houndour(15) KO
Scraggy(5) Very KO
Sableye(5) heavilly injured

(And it would also have attacked first but that doesn't matter this round as it wasn't KO'd.)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:59 am

► Show Spoiler
Wincing from the pain of the attack, Nate tries to predict the Sableye's next move. If it goes for another speedy Shadow Sneak, and looks like it's going to connect, then he Teleport's out of harms way - reappearing as close to the ceiling of the arena as possible. But if the Sableye is slower than him or misses, he instead swoops in and Pecks at the ghost's gemstone eyes.

Peck (AC: 9, AC: 6, Damage: 25) [Gale Strike]

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:08 pm

Haley

"No seriously, how did you do it? That depends on how much and what other pokemon you can make."

"I'm a god damned genius. Any actual explanation would go over your head, kid. Or at least it'd take me too long to go over them."

"There's instructions online."

"Damnit, Hopper!"

"Well... Not like most people could understand those instructions anyways. I usually charge 6000 for those services. Besides a porygon I can also make a castform or solosis... Grimer, koffings, trubbish or voltorb, but I'd like to think those are common enough most wouldn't want them artificially created. And no matter what you pick it'll cost me 3500 in ingredients, and about a day of work."

"So I'd probably cut a deal for friends... In other words... Do you have six grand to cough up?"
the man says, seemingly still rather angry about what happened before. You feel like you might still be able to haggle, though...

"Also, in each case I can decide... Pretty much everything about them. Their nature, abilities... And add up to 8 improvements as well."

"Or those giant robot things? I bet you can make cool custom stuff with it. With what I have seen so far, I have a few ideas on how to make it better."

"And what are you trying to imply there?!"

"I think she's talking in the sense that she has the idea for potential add-ons, master Tex."

"Oh. Well... The price of robots really depends on what exactly you're trying to create. What would you be thinking off?"

Koa

"Or that's not Izzy and I let you parade around in my body for no reason. And if you're telling the truth, you should let her talk to me - you've got every reason to, yeah?"

The other you just shrugs again, leaning against the mirror with a rather smug outlook.

"But when you think about it further, that doesn't make much sense, doesn't it? You'd let me parade around in your body for no reason, the next person comes here, and... They'd let me parade around in their body for no reason, and you'd be free. Get what I'm saying?"

"I mean, unless you're thinking that this is some kind of elaborate trick and I'm just going to snag you up forever..? In which case, think about it... People act a bit odd for a day or two after leaving here? No big deal. Forever..? Eeeh..."

"Probably not, especially if it's just for a day. Or she found out you're full of it and said 'no thanks'."

The mirror image shrugs. "Suit yourself. Do make sure to go check up on her afterwards, won't you?" It says, a rather devious grin curled on his lips.

"What do you wanna take my spot so bad for anyway? Don't ya have your own world to run around in?"

"Nah. Why do you think I want to hitch a ride so bad? I just want to have some fun! Play a couple innocent tricks, before replacing someone else for a while..."
the figure says, chuckling for a moment.

"Funny, actually... One of the things I was probably gonna do was ask a friend out on a date... Might have been you. Hell, if you end up being the one being in here for a little while, I might just go for that anyways- Maybe you'll thank me later?" the mirror says with a chuckle... Before turning completely serious.

"Do we have a deal, or not?"

Irene

Picking up the mirror fragment she found, and finding it to be... Slightly more clear than the TM disc, she uses it firstly to cast a glance over her shoulder. And instantly can't tell whether she's relieved, or terrified she did that- As within the reflection, she finds herself staring straight at the creature's face. Although one could only doubtfully call it a "face"- It was more like a black void, nothing within, surrounded by a mess of dirty, long hair...

Luckily, it seemed that at least the creature caught it's own reflection, too- As it screeches, and exits the hallway she came through- Buying her some more precious time as she'd continue her search... After taking two minutes to have her heart attack pass down.

Eventually, it seems like she manages to find the other piece of the mirror with no issues- The two pieces fit together seamlessly, and the foggy glass seems to become crystal clear in the process...
► Show Spoiler
Izzy

Nate is ready to teleport out of the way at a whim, but it seems he gets lucky this time around- the sableye's attack missing, as Nate pecks instead... Only seeming to deal minimal damage, though.

Light turns remaining: 1
Kay(24/20) conceded
Nate(19/15) 12/74
Houndour(15) KO
Scraggy(5) Very KO

Alex

Alex with likely some hesitation eventually decides to try and "pulse" just a tiny bit of aura into what he presumes to be a creature... But soon finds himself in a sensation as if he had stepped into a bottomless well- And now, having given a little bit, it seemed like it started to drain more than just that, as he begins to feel faint as it drains more and more... And the "creature" slowly seemed to come in view- As he slowly found himself facing what seemed to be some form of ghostly, shadowy apparition, two orange eyes glowing faintly. It almost looked like a little "man"- Wearing a ghostly helmet and cloak, as the creature seemed... Just as surprised to be there as Alex was to find it inadvertently draining his lifeforce.

"Wha- I... How..."

It looks at it's hands for a moment, an incredulous smile forming across it's face before it comes to a sudden realization- One that Alex was nearing the point of simply passing out, as it's eyes suddenly seemed to fill with purpose, raising it's arms towards Alex while it could.

"You! Listen, you need to-"

END OF CHAPTER 4: THE CALM (Part 2)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:09 pm

BEGIN INTERMISSION 6

WELL.

WELL.

WELL.

CURIOUS.

DO YOU NOT AGREE?

HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT HOW CRAZY THINGS SEEM TO BE GETTING LATELY?

YOU ARE FIGHTING THE GODSLAYERS.

YOU KNOW THE TOP LEAGUE IS CORRUPT.

PERHAPS EVEN HELPING THEM.

GRIM WILL LIKELY NOT STAY HIDDEN FOREVER.

AND YOU ARE EVEN THINKING OF TAKING DOWN AN ELDRITCH ABOMINATION.

ARE YOU NOT?

I THINK YOU COULD ALL AGREE.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO ADD YET ANOTHER ENEMY.

WOULD YOU NOT MUCH PREFER TO FOCUS ON GETTING ANSWERS FOR QUESTIONS YOU ALREADY HAVE?

RATHER THAN SEEK MORE QUESTIONS FOR WHICH YOU DO NOT WANT THEIR ANSWERS?

FORGET WHAT HAPPENED.

SPEAKING OF WHICH.

SINCE YOU ARE NOW HERE.

PERHAPS I CAN HELP WITH SOME OF THOSE?

Pandora: part 4

Prometheus paused as the question was asked... A soft smile eventually escaping his lips, a hand slowly raised forward.

"It'd be hard to explain... From what I've seen so far, you'd not believe me even if I told you."

"But... Perhaps, I can show you. There's a spot not too far from here. If we walk at your fast pace, I believe we may be able to make it there, and back to the city by nightfall." the strange man spoke, as Pam raised an eyebrow to the phrasing: "What do you mean, my pace?"

The man let out a small chuckle as, with some hesitation, the girl eventually decided to join him. They spent a long time travelling, somewhere North West. Somewhere along the line the girl came to realize that no one would be able to save her were something to go horribly wrong. And yet, for some reason, she did not seem to care. But Prometheus was never one to prey on the weak... And true to his word, he would deliver Pam upon a place seen by few mortal men. An at first inconspicuous looking rock was soon scaled, as within it's ceiling a large crack was found. Already, Pam could look down upon what was undoubtedly not a "natural" cavern, as she slowly muttered: "Wow... What is this..?"

"The hole? I had to blast my way outside." Prometheus responded calmly, seemingly unaware he completely missed Pam's point. As she gauged the depth of the drop below and spoke up.

"So now what, genius? I didn't bring any rope."

"Ah... Would this drop hurt you?" the strange man asked, as the girl responded chuckling at the bizarity of such a question- "This drop would kill me."

The man nodded for a second, looking straight at the girl. "Do you trust me?"

There was a somewhat hesitant nod, as the man would swiftly end up grabbing the girl by the legs- While obviously cushioning her fall with his free arm, holding her between the both of them... As he jumped down.

The man hit the floor hard... But undeterred- Seeming to bend his legs only as to cushion the fall of the woman he was cradling. A woman's whose heart was now beating out of her chest, for obvious reasons- At least now she could be fully certain she was talking more than what many would have just considered a "madman".

"W-Wow... So... What are you? What is this place..?" the girl asked, looking around. Finding herself in a hollowed sphere of smooth, strange rock, with an ancient, fossilized tree within the middle. Prometheus simply asked for her to wait a moment longer, as he began to fiddle with the old radio he had grabbed back in the city. That did not stop the girl from guessing, at this point.

"Are you like... One of those gods, I've heard about? A pokemon that can take human shape?" was her first guess, but the man simply shook his head. "Sorry, no dice... I'm afraid I don't even quite know what those are. Where I come from we've... But have one person we'd call god." he says, letting out a mad grin as the device springs to life under his tinkering- A series of long, drawn out beeping starting... Alien to the girl, but Prometheus seemed to understand.

"Yes..!" he said, his expression changing from almost fearful anticipation to glee, quickly turning back to the girl- "How long does it take for it to stand at the beginning of light, have it become dark, and light again?"

"A day..?" the girl asks, puzzled, but at this point knowing to not ask any more questions. "Twenty four hours."

"How long is an hour?"

"Sixty minutes..?"

"And how long is a minute?"

"Another sixty seconds."

"And how long is a second?"

The girl seemed puzzled for a second, eventually just opting to get out her dex- Slowly beginning to snap her fingers to the tune of one second, as Prometheus needed but a couple seconds to figure out what he needed it for.

"About 59 to 62 days. Depending on which of your tempo was more accurate."

"What? 59 days to what?" the girl asked, still puzzled, as both would find themselves sitting down on the ground... And Prometheus finally began to explain.

"I get to go home."

"I'm not from this world, Pam. I come from somewhere else. A city we call Babylon. A place that is... Very different from this one."

"We never need for anything within the city. All we truly need is provided by our sun. It provides us what we need to survive. In turn, all of us simply... Choose what we want to do. Many of us become artists, or similar. We create luxuries, and share them among each other freely. We've no issue doing that, because there's always enough. I guess... It's different, in this world."

"...Maybe." the girl replies, slowly. "Sometimes, it might just be that there is enough for everyone. But a few greedy ruin it for everyone else."

"...I'm afraid I don't understand that." the man replied. The girl now gave an understand nod. "Yeah."

The man continued further for a while, describing in more detail his home. He told of the white, opulent halls. He told of the fields of flowers always in bloom. He told of the tower that stood in the midst of the city, where his god lived, as it reached for the sun. He spoke of his wife and friends. He spoke of what sounded like an infallible paradise.

"...It sounds like paradise. Is there nothing bad at all?"

"Within the walls..?" Prometheus spoke, hesitating for but a moment. "No. But outside the walls... Evil festers. The further one strays from the sun's light, the darker the world becomes. Outside the walls, demons lurk. Creatures of pure evil, born from the void itself, just as we are born from the sun... Led by lords of sin, if one of them becomes too powerful, no doubt they'd try to lay siege to our walls."

"This is why I exist. I am one of the guardians. Wielder of the sun." He spoke, pride clear in his voice as he displayed the darkened blade. "My role is to go out into the wastes, and slay these creatures of evil before they become too powerful. Hence keeping our city safe."

"Of course, nothing is eternal. These creatures are eternally reborn by the void, over time. And so, my job is never done."

"...It is how I ended up here, in truth. My lord commanded me- To seek out a demon unlike any others I had ever faced before. One powerful and... Alien. I slayed it- But in it's death throes, it brought me here..."

There was a small pause... Before the girl asked:

"The demon... What did you do to it?"

The two had fallen silent for a while, as eventually Prometheus was first to speak up.

"This may be a lofty request, so I'd understand if you'd decline... I'd be glad to escort you back home, and part ways, once all is said and done."

"But otherwise... I was hoping in the time that'd remain me here, you could perhaps show me around?"

"I'd like to think that perhaps this place is not as bad as I first thought it to be."

The girl let out a faint smile.

"...Yeah. I can do that. And... Actually, I got an even weirder request."

"You were right, before. There's... Something bothering me. I don't really want to go in depth about it, but..."

"Let's just say... There's not much left for me, here." she said, not caring to elaborate. "So... If it's possible... Once you go home. I think I'd like to join you."

"...That is an odd request." Prometheus admitted.

"Would no one miss you, in this world?"

A silence fell, before a soft smile escaped from the man.

"I am not certain how people would react to what they'd think to be a demon..."

"But I'd vouch for you. And with that... I am certain others would not take long to see, what I have seen."

PICK YOUR DESTINY.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:40 pm

"Hah...I don't have that much money on me unfortunally. Maybe later. Do you have a way I can contact you?"

"Okay you make the pokebots look kind of like pokemon, but the pokemon you choose have similar weaknesses to them as the bots, one of my suggestions is to do the opposite. Like if it has volt absorb, making look like a peliper or gyrados. Another idea is to make them look more human or like a toy so you can hide it in plain sight."

Joy?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:20 pm

Hmmm.... Sure, Joy.

Alex is focusing on not having his soul consumed. Hopefully the little ghost man will have some advice on how to do that.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:14 pm

Koa scratches his head in confusion. "Nothing you're saying makes any sense. Why not just let me talk to her?"

"How are you even here, actually? If you're in Izzy's body right now, then how are you here at the same time? Why do you need my body if you've got hers?"

Then the mirror-Koa goes on about what he plans on doing with Izzy and/or Koa's body. Something about asking the other out on a date? That's kinda weird. Koa wouldn't necessarily be against it, himself, but there's kind-of a lot of stuff going on right now. Maybe if the group gets a few days to breathe? That seems kinda doubtful, given recent events. In any case, it'd be pretty weird to have their respective mirror-versions break the ice. It would be obvious anyway, wouldn't it, since both Koa and Izzy know about this mirror nonsense?

"Do we have a deal, or not?"

"Well... I dunno, maybe? I really don't think that's actually Izzy, but if you just wanna get out of that mirror for a bit, then it couldn't hurt too much." Koa shrugs. "If you just asked instead of doing this weird maybe-hostage thing, I might've said 'yes' right away. Gimme a bit to think, yeah?"

With that, Koa goes back to inspecting the mirror. Despite his interaction with mirror-Koa, there's still the real possibility that there's nothing supernatural going on at all.
Intuition on 'magic' mirror: 5d6+4 = [6, 5, 3, 3, 1] = 22

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:20 am

► Show Spoiler
Seeing the mirror fuse together and become whole Irene smiles, finally she was the predator, though that said not trusting her frayed reflexes she still used the mirror to look behind her before turning around, as she started walking down corridors and peaking around corners with the new and improved mirror.

Irene survival [3d6] = 12 Irene perception [2d6] = 6 Intuition [2d6] = 7
Irene survival [3d6] = 8 perception [2d6] = 4 intuition [2d6] = 5
Irene survival [3d6] = 8 perception [2d6] = 8 intuition [2d6] = 9
► Show Spoiler
If things go smoothly
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:33 am

~Blimey! You're a tough little bugger, aren't you!~

Nate does the same as before, preparing to Teleport away if the Sableye gets too close to hitting him. Only this time he lets loose a much more powerful attack if given a chance.

Dazzling Gleam (AC: 6, Damage: 39)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:49 am

Begin tale: The medic (Two of hearts)

"Please sit still, doctor."

The nurse gently placed a hand on the shoulder of the older man, her touch soft and warm. The man gave a wry smile, nodding. He had always been... Awkward, in their presence. The nurse continued sterilizing the site, before moving to begin the injection.

"Do not worry sir. This little operation won't kill you." she says, offering him a smile as he managed to give a nod in return. Appendix... What a little blight on the system. At least it got caught quick. There should be no complications. But...

"I hope you won't mind if I ask, but... You're THE Dr. Adam, are you not? The one that started project "

The man hesitated, but eventually gave a nod. "Yes... I suppose I am." he said, trying to sound humbled rather than... Ashamed. "Quite a while ago that has been by now, isn't it..?"

The Joy simply offered him another sincere smile as she finished setting up the infusion.

"I suppose I have my life to thank to you then, in some way."

"It is like... This paper-" Adam spoke in the conference room, nervous as he was reaching for examples... His nervousness for far more reasons than the fact he was standing across two beautiful women, although it was not helping the young man. More than anything though, it would likely be that his employer was right besides him. "Leader of the free world" Lance, as the topic was... Rather serious- Him striking thick lines of pencil strokes on the paper was at first not helping, although his explanation would shed some light.

"Say that this sheet is... Well, you. You have some core characteristics- You're brave, loyal... And then also a whole load of small, more insignificant things that make up you. What the process will do is... This." the doctor said, taking the heavy penciled piece of paper, and placing it on top of another, rubbing as he managed to get the desired result- The new paper holding a vague imprint of the last one. It was the officer to speak up first. The nurse, while never hesitating to help someone injured or in danger, found herself rather timid in situations like these.

"So what you are saying is... This cloning process you're talking about- It only takes over core characteristics? And that's why you want us?"

"Exactly." came the response- Not from the doctor, but Lance. "Both of you were selected for what many... Myself included- Have come to identify you for."

"Jenny, you are perhaps stern, but also fair and more importantly- Just. Incorruptible and loyal to the cause. You would make for a perfect enforcer, a protector of peace."

"Joy, you meanwhile, are gentle, kind, and always willing to help. You'd mend both ally and enemy, as you value life above anything else... We've a heavy shortage on people with those kind of skills. We could use you."

The nurse blushed. The officer gave a wry smile. "It still seems like rather extreme measures... No?"

The leader gave a hesitant nod. "Perhaps... But in truth... I need more people I can trust. A reliable set of enforcers, and medics to aid them and others..."

"I do not want things to fall apart. To have individuals rise up and try to grab power themselves, tearing up the lands once more... Returning to how things were."

"I could not allow that."

An awkward silence fell... As it were the nurse who eventually spoke up.

"And the side effects... You said they would hopefully be minimal?"

"...It is still partly experimental." the scientist finally replied after a short amount of hesitation. "But tests should show that while you might be weakened, and the whole process is rather... Embarrassing. That everything should be alright."

The rest of the conversation would be rather trivial... As both girls accepted.

The nurse had finished setting up the stands, now moving to prepare some of the machines nearby... The man seemed relieved to have things be over with, mostly- Although the nurse seemed like she was not about to let him off that easily.

"Doctor, would you mind if I asked you a couple questions? It's concerning a couple issues I've been having- Not really anything on a professional level, I just... Think I would like to talk about it."

The man let out an internal sigh, but none the less nodded. "Shertainly." he says, flicking his tongue that betrayed him for a moment. "What's the issue?"

"Well... It's kind of embarrassing, I must admit." the nurse starts- Leaving poor Adam to wonder just what kind of issues she might bring up.

"But... Well, it's been happening more and more lately that I've been having trouble sleeping."

"Fhalling asleep? There's medishine for that." Adam replied. The nurse shaked her head.

"No, no... Not falling asleep. Just... Horrible nightmares."

"It always seems to be the same one. It feels like... I'm waking up. And I try to move, but... I can't. I feel cold, and alone, and... Trapped."

"I seem to be floating. I feel like I've been there... A very long time. And then, suddenly, I look down..."

"And I see you."

The man felt a chill go down his spine... And soon became aware he no longer felt his arms or legs.

"You're right. This IS embarrassing."

"Do we really have to be naked for this..?"

"I truly am sorry." Adam said, making a concerned effort to have his gaze averted at all possible moments. Lance held no such reservations- Even if right now they were both still managing to keep themselves covered with a towel.

"The machine we will use to... Scan you, needs the whole you. With no interference."

"Well... Alright. Let's just get this over with."

The scientist nodded. "Alright... Please remove the towel and get in your respective... Scanning chambers." he spoke, still refusing to look- Giving only a sidelong glance to Lance. "Are they ready."

"We are in a professional setting, Adam. You can look yourself." came the only reply as the doctor would cast a quick glance, before focusing himself solely on his instruments. "Okay. Lance, could you please close the doors behind them?"

The dragon tamer nodded, moving to the behind of each of the circular glass tubes- Closing the door behind them as it clicked shut. The girls seemed mildly worried, but were quickly assured it was all just part of the safety process. What happened next... Needed more convincing.

"Please put on the masks."

"Why do we need to put on oxygen masks..?"

"The chamber will be flooded with an inert gas as part of the scanning protocol."

Hesitation. The slow acceptance as the masks were clamped... And the world soon becoming dizzy to them as they started breathing the fumes. The doctor whispered an "I'm sorry." just soft enough none would hear.

The clear liquid began filling the tube. Solidifying as it worked it's way up.

The girls offered no resistance.

"The clones will not remember anything of this, will they?" Lance asked- Breaking a long silence.

"...No. Like I said. No memories."

"Good. You did good work, Adam." Lance spoke, placing a hand reassuringly on the shoulder of the doctor.

"Don't let it bother you. This will assure we manage to achieve our goals. No wars- Never again. It's for the greater good."

"...Yes." came the doctor's reply.

"The greater good."

Adam struggled, vainly trying to lift his other arm, rip out the lethal injection, but his body was betraying him. What little movement he had in his arm was soon resisted by the nurse calmly grabbing a hold of his hand. Not a tense one- More one like one would give to a pet, as they'd try to comfort it through the operation.

"And the funny thing is..." The Joy continued. "I feel like I haven't been the only one having these nightmares, you know? I talked about it with my sisters... Many have had similar. And even those who didn't... When I explain it to them, it's like they can relate."

The woman offered the man a smile as she gripped just a bit tighter. He couldn't feel it.

"Please don't struggle too hard, sir. Let it come over easy. It's not going to hurt, and it'll be over soon. I'm not cruel."

"You know... In a weird sense, I actually am grateful for what you did."

"I always did live to help other people... And now, in a certain weird, perhaps fucked up way... You've allowed me to help more people than I could have ever done before."

"But despite all that..."

"I feel like all of us are going to sleep better once this is done."

The door behind them suddenly clicked. Swinging open to an unexpected visitor... An officer looking down at the events.

"And are you certain this will work, Adam?" Lance asked, looking over papers presented to him. "What you're describing here... It sounds more like some kind of magic rather than technology."

"That's... Because it very well might be, sir." came the reply.

"I had... Help."

There was a brief pause. Lance walked... Almost intimidatingly close to the doctor. His voice betaying just a note of anger.

"Is it him?"

"...Yes."

"...I do not trust it." Lance confirmed, but stepped back. Looking over the papers once again.

"...I have my own reservations, sir. But if what it, and you have told me... You will need this, don't you? To make your plan succeed? To unify the scattered nations?"

"...Yes." Came the regrettable answer from Lance, looking over the papers once more. "So what we'll need is... Someone with combat skills, with some manner of attachment to make sure they'd be loyal to the league, correct?"

"Yes, sir."

"...Make two of them. We shall need medics to take care of wounded pokemon and soldiers as well. I already have two people in mind."

"I believe they both might be in love with me. That'd be a strong enough connection to keep them loyal, would it not?"

The doctor did not even know what to say. He just gave a silent nod.

"What is going on in here?" The officer asked. Adam gave a pleading look- If she could stop it now, perhaps...

"A regrettable incident, I'm afraid." the nurse began. Shattering the man's hope with each extra word she spoke.

"It turns out he had an unknown, severe allergic reaction to the anesthetics we tried to use during the operation. As the complication arose, we were quick to administer antidote, but his heart stopped none the less."

"We tried resuscitation for 24 minutes and 14 seconds. As his pulse failed to come back, he was finally declared dead."

"He will be missed."

"...Indeed." Came the Jenny's reply.

"He was a great man."

Not more than a minute later, the man's heart beat for the last time.

"Adam."

"Adam Adam Adam Adam."

"Buddy."

"Pal."

"Why does this always keep happening to us?"

"I help someone create something great..."

"And it ends up being their death."

"...Buddy."

"Pal."

"What's with that look?"

"Are you scared?"

"Of your best friend?"

"I suppose that's another thing that always ends up happening."

"You knew exactly what you were signing up for."

"And yet, when you're here... You only seem to feel regret."

"..."

"Look."

"Buddy."

"Pal."

"If you're not ready yet."

"I might have an alternative for you."

GENESIS PROJECT CANCELLATION

CLASSIFIED INFORMATION INSIDE. A-PERSONNEL EYES ONLY

In this document lies detailed the reasoning and process behind the cancellation of the genesis project as established under the old league.

The reasons behind the decision to cancel the project have been:

A: Continued and improved failed behavior on part of the cloned specimens: Later iterations continued showing more and more deviations from the "original", to the point several new copies refused to work their original purpose upon hearing of Lance's death.
B: League reform has made their presence largely obsolete as a new workforce fills their position.
C: Moral obligations.

As the decision was formed, the cloning process was shutdown. Joy #3726 and Jenny #14029 are to be the last clones to be created using the process.

The decision was also made to try and dismantle both stasis pod. Both original subjects were found dead upon recovery, and the bodies were soon found to degrade too quickly to use to arrange a faked funeral for the duo that was retiring on Alola following the procedure. Actors will be used instead. Both subjects were cremated.

Logistical decision following the remaining clones is as follows: Most have stated they wish to continue their work, but none the less will be allowed to retire. Eventual goal is to phase out their necessity altogether.

The rest of this document contains a detailed outline of the process describing the dismantling of the project. Records regarding the construction of the cloning equipment is kept in archive C-1703

Let them have their happy ending. -M
The last part is put down in pencil.

End of tale: The medic (Two of hearts)
Unlocked 1 of 2: The sinners

YOU KNOW.

THE MORE I LEARN ABOUT HIM.

THE MORE I KEEP THINKING MAYBE THIS LANCE GUY.

WAS NOT AS GREAT AS MANY MADE HIM OUT TO BE.

THEN AGAIN.

YOU MUST BE THINKING THAT ABOUT A LOT OF PEOPLE BY NOW.

ARE YOU NOT?

END OF INTERMISSION 6

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:17 pm

BEGIN CHAPTER 4: THE CALM (Part 3)

Alex

Alex finds himself sitting on the cold, industrial floors of the complex, hit by a sudden, intense sense of vertigo. After talking with Numa, he decided to "meditate" on his new aura abilities for a while, see if he could come to a better understanding of them... Before being hit with this sudden spell of weakness. It's weird, certainly... Perhaps he was more injured in battle than he thought? Or maybe he just needs to eat something...

At the very least, he can't remember anything else that might have caused this moment of weakness... It'll pass soon enough, hopefully, after a good night's rest.

Haley

"Hah...I don't have that much money on me unfortunally. Maybe later. Do you have a way I can contact you?"

"Hmm... Hopper- You can give her a phone number or something if you want."

"Certainly."

"Okay you make the pokebots look kind of like pokemon, but the pokemon you choose have similar weaknesses to them as the bots, one of my suggestions is to do the opposite. Like if it has volt absorb, making look like a peliper or gyrados. Another idea is to make them look more human or like a toy so you can hide it in plain sight."

"Eh. I mostly just design them for whatever. They're not really made for fighting. Well... Except the big one."

"Even then, I usually just fight against enemies not really... Smart enough to think deeper about it. And if we are dealing with ones that are smart enough to know what they're fighting... Well, they'd know what weaknesses they might have, too."

Koa

"Nothing you're saying makes any sense. Why not just let me talk to her?"

"I'm a big jerk, obviously."

"How are you even here, actually? If you're in Izzy's body right now, then how are you here at the same time? Why do you need my body if you've got hers?"

"Good question! You're right, of course... I could just keep riding in the girl's body... But, well, I've no intention to permanently keep someone snagged, you know? It's meant to be temporary... Until someone else is willing to sacrifice themselves."

"Well... I dunno, maybe? I really don't think that's actually Izzy, but if you just wanna get out of that mirror for a bit, then it couldn't hurt too much. If you just asked instead of doing this weird maybe-hostage thing, I might've said 'yes' right away. Gimme a bit to think, yeah?"

"...Hah, wow, you would actually have done that?"

"You really are one of those 'hero' types, aren't you..?"

"But in that case, shouldn't that make the decision even easier..?"

Koa thinks long and hard about the proposal... It does sound off, doesn't it? Like it's some kind of trick, probably. But even assuming it is... It's likely only to "gauge" him, in a certain respect.

I mean unless he's talking to an actual demon that actually intends to drag him into some kind of alternate world with no intention to let him out, but that's even less likely than what it saying being the complete truth.

Irene

Now, Irene has become the hunter rather than the hunted... Carefully continuing to use her mirror to peek around corners, now actually heading TOWARDS the sound rather than run from it... And while she fails to find it properly, spotting a pair of pale, ragged and skinny legs using her mirror, her cautiousness of checking every corner saved her... As she was soon forced to have the creature stare straight into the mirror.

There was a last, final screech, and the sound of something metal hitting the floor- As the creature ran off. Catching her breath, she goes to collect what it dropped, finally finding what she was looking for...

OBTAINED THE SKELETON KEY: The secrets of the maze open themselves to you.

She decides to waste no time, either- Instantly backtracking to the door she found earlier... Not having too much trouble thanks to her lantern, eventually finding the right door- The key clicks in the slot with no issue, as she swings the door open to a room illuminated red... There's a shoddy, worn down bed in one corner, although the other corner is far more unsettling. An ancient dresser with a built in mirror, although smashed... And a variety of creepily real looking human masks lined up on shelves next to it.

Izzy

This time around, the sableye darts in with a shadow sneak far more accurate, forcing Nate to teleport out of range.

Kay(24/20) conceded
Nate(19/15) 12/74 6 meters up.
Houndour(15) KO
Scraggy(5) Very KO

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:25 pm

"Ah thanks Hopper!" Haley grins and puts the number in her dex, who knows she might need it one day. "I mean sure it's fine doing one thing for combat, but always think of potential weaknesses. That way it doesn't blindsight ya. You never know what's goin' ta be ahead so you plan for anythin' and everythin'. Or at least try ta. Anyways it's kinda late for me, so see ya tomorrow!" Haley hoists herself down and pulls out her sleeping bag. She lets out all of her mons (except Rhem) to sleep with, nuzzling against the skiddo's fur. She looks st the zozobros, "You can come over here and sleep with me if you want?" Haley is compleatly unaware of the implications.
Skiddo replaced Big Bird.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:26 pm

Feeling weary and ill, Alex eats a brief meal before quietly moving to a corner to sleep.
My game:

My characters:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:27 am

Kanga, wanting to be finished with the Serperior, hits it hard with another Mega Punch. Meanwhile, Phoenix uses Thief, stealing whatever item it may have.

Thief AC=9
Power=27

Mega Punch AC=13
Power=57
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:12 am

Koa takes a couple minutes to think it over. He sits down and munches on one of his Candy Bars while he thinks it over, dropping some crumbs here and there.

There's a lot to consider, assuming what mirror-Koa is saying is true, which there's good reason to believe it isn't. This could just be some kinda test. But in the case that it isn't, if Koa's gonna go through with this, then he needs to set some ground rules.

"...Before I say 'yes', you gotta promise me a couple things."

"One. You're not gonna use any of my pokemon. Quit the gym challenge, I don't care. I can't trust some stranger to battle with 'em. Just keep them in their pokeballs, OK? Don't put them in the PC or anything, just don't mess with 'em."

"Two. Rest up at the Pokemon Center when ya turn it for the night. I'm pretty beat up, if ya can't tell. I gotta let my body rest up a bit."

"...And let Izzy go, if that's really her," Koa adds as an afterthought, still not really believing it is.

Koa keeps a watchful eye on his mirror-self. Truthfully, Koa's way more concerned about his pokemon than himself, especially Kinhe. She could get put into real trouble over this. And if she ends up in trouble, Koa could end up in real deep trouble.

If the mirror-Koa agrees and seems sincere about it... Koa will get up, brush his hands off, and nod to give the go-ahead.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:24 am

Hovering 6m above the Sableye, Nate considers going in to finish it off....then quickly changes his mind. Those punches hurt!

Instead, he stays where he is and blasts the Sableye with a Night Shade. Then, if it's somehow still up, he teleports closer to the ceiling to try and stay out of range of any counterattacks.

Night Shade (AC: 1d20-3 = 8, Damage: 25 unblockable)