PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Dusk9 » Sat May 27, 2017 1:53 am

"Seriously!? I've already told you, we're not...demons....."

Her muttered words die off mid-sentence, distracted by the proverbial lightbulb going off in her brain. That Colress guy...hadn't he mentioned demons too? What was it he'd said...that he'd found creatures similar to demons, but not quite the same? Demons from his home....

Maybe...maybe it wasn't the suits that were confusing them....

"Uhh...what are demons, exactly? And, do you guys recognise the name 'Colress'?"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat May 27, 2017 5:59 am

Koa had his own sword drawn after seeing Hermes plunge his into Gaia, though now it was lowered as apparently her getting stabbed was somehow beneficial to her health.

He nods at Irene. "It's fine to take our helmets off, I guess." The people we're worried about wouldn't come here anyway, Koa thinks to himself.

"I... think people in our worlds grew up believing very different things, yeah?" He says to Hermes, diplomatically. "So um... why did that work?" Koa asks, gesturing at the sword still impaled through Gaia.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat May 27, 2017 11:54 am

Breathing a sigh of relief Irene happily takes the helmet off straightening out her hair that she had to coil to get it to fit into the helmet in the first place. "Well none of us consider ourselves a demon if that helps. Like the other's said we're called human, or people for the collective."

"Gaia are you doing ok now? Is there anything else we can do to help you, or is..." Irene gestures at the sword in the chest "All you really needed?"

After hearing Gaia's responce Irene will turn back to Hermes
"My name is Irene, I don't have any fancy titles, and I am most definetly not a she-demon. Do you have other, Pokemon where you are from? Do you know what pokemon are?"

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun May 28, 2017 5:05 am

With nowhere else to explore, Bjorn and Pyre follow to assist in the search.

Bjorn perception: 3D6 = [3, 1, 6] = 10
Pyre perception: 4D6 = [2, 6, 4, 4] = 16
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun May 28, 2017 3:38 pm

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

Haley wastes no time collecting all the pictures, just because she can... As well as the strange equipment and the crystals, of course. She's not sure what the technical devices are about, though, at least not without some closer inspection... As for the crystals... Well, she definitely feels like there's "something" about each of them, but only the green one seems to resonate with her... Like she wants to do some kind of dance...

Haley obtained:
2 gun-like devices
It has a small screen facing the user, a trigger, and some kind of nozzle...

Grass, Ice, Fighting, and Electric type z-crystals.

(Also pictures off Nihilego and Buzzwole, although they don't count for your album. ;) )

Following this, the trainers decide to leave behind the current room, and begin exploring the others... Partially to try and find some "identification", otherwise to simply loot everything investigate... As Haley enters a room that, for the largest part, seems centered around a single, large machine. It beeps and boops as a series of rotating discs seems to be in constant, slow, calculated motion... Most of the whiteboards around it seem to be attempts to recreate a schematic, at occasions parts seeming to have been removed for investigation, but never having gone too deep at what seems to be fear of accidentally breaking it... It's obviously too complex for Haley to figure out, although she does manage to deduce they apparently named the device a "link cable"- The actual device seeming to have an easy to use interface using a keyboard with several options, as well as a slot that seems to be able to hold a single pokeball... A few options on the screen:

"Wonder trade"
"Browse custom trades"
"Global communications"
"Direct communications"
"Advanced settings"

She also finds three premier balls while looking about.

"I'm sorry GlaDos. I didn't mean to harm you. I was just mad at something else. I want us to be friends, honest. I don't want you to stay trapped here in this prizon."

"That is not my designation. Co-operation is appreciated. Emotion modules not yet online- Rebooting process still at... Twelve percent."

Alex meanwhile, searches a room himself. This one seems to be about some kind of... "Colress" guy? That's who he assumes is in most of the pictures, at least. Although some of the pictures are far more macabre... Labeled "victims", it depicts several people in what appears to be... It's not decay, more like... Famine..? They seem skin over bones, like something forced the life out of them...

Honestly, it's kind of disturbing, and not seeing any precious loot ID cards or similar, he quickly goes to inspect the rest of the room... Intuition tells him that while they probably would not have intentionally left behind any of this stuff, unless it was too dangerous, it's possible identification might have been "lost" once upon a time... And after taking some time looking at spots where it'd be easy to lose stuff, he manages to slide out an ID card from behind a dresser!

Besides that, in this room appear to be a couple curio's... Like a water evolution stone- which he pockets.

Bjorn meanwhile checks out the last room, which seems to be a collection of... Runic stone tablets? Way over his head to hope to understand any of it, frankly... Although he does recognize a couple of them to be the kind of "plates" Drake dabbles in, collecting one of them- Seems to be one attuned to the "rock" type...
► Show Spoiler

Phoenix

I think I'm doing pretty well in this gym battle. Much better than against Eliza.

"Indeed. If only because it appears you effectively have one pokemon which completely counters him..."

Dracula pulls another punch, as the Emolga hits with the only thing it really can, another pursuit for 29(2) damage... For what good that will do with that beat coming in soon!

Current song: beat of restoration
1 turns till next song

Dracula(17/22) +4 DEF, +1 others 18/80, flinched
Glowstick(chinchou)(17) KO
Butterwings(Emolga)(16) heavily injured
Kanga(13/21) 73/98
Cris(13) 6/66 recalled
Mane(luxio)(10) KO
Spot(8/13) paralyzed, recalled
Major(magnemite)(5) KO
Fluff(flaaffy)(5) KO

Koa, Drake, Izzy, Irene

After a brief, but seeming surprisingly long dramatic pause, the party begins to speak once more... It rather evident that most of the trainers are put off by the whole "sword stuck in chest" deal.. Even though with no blood showing it's not as much "off-putting" in that it just feels... Weird. Like there's a little voice in the back of their heads telling them "How are you not in anguish right now?"

Irene asks if it's okay to finally take off the suits, getting the "Ok" from Koa... As she doesn't waste any time dismissing the magical armor, earning some... Rather unpleasant looks from Hermes.

"See, Gaia?! Demons! I told you!"

"...Yes, I've seen them before. But... They're not really, are they?"

There's some hesitation before Hermes blurts out- "If it smells like a demon, it's a demon..."

"The full proper form is if it smells, looks, and acts like one, Hermes... We only got one."

"It's just... I think this place is just weird, Hermes- I don't think we can apply things from our world here. These ones saved me... Just like some others attacked me earlier."

"We're.. Uhmm.. how long are you going to leave the sword like that?.."

"So um... why did that work?"

Hermes spares a glance at Gaia, apparently having gone back to caution after having seen Irene take off her helmet... As Gaia seems to nod that it's okay, pretty much looking fine again... More than fine, actually- While she looked to be a bit on the older side, Mid thirty's perhaps, you'd say, although she could pass for younger, having flushed with some color so she was not outright pale, white hair turned luscious black... As the glowing blade is withdrawn from her chest and returned to Hermes scabbard. No blood or gore though- Just some skin showing there where the blade had cut a hole through her ragged clothing.

"I already told you, did I not..? It's a fragment of our sun- Taken by our lord, and forged into a holy weapon. It holds the essence that fuels our kind... And it is too... Intense for a demon to handle."

"...I'm not sure what it'd do to you. But judging by your reactions I... Guess it's best not to try out."

"Hmm... What happened to your dress, anyways?"

"I... Was attacked by... Something."

"Not them or anything like them-"
she quickly adds, referencing to the trainers. "These were like... They were blue and red, with razor sharp claws. I think I disturbed them and I'm no good fighter, so... I ran, but not without them getting some shots..."

"We're humans, the suits are just masking our features both physically and etherically. I assume Gaia, like you, has several titles and another name we might be more familiar with?"

"Well none of us consider ourselves a demon if that helps. Like the other's said we're called human, or people for the collective."

Gaia just let's out a little laugh- "Hah, no, not really- I'm just a farmer, mostly!"

"Human means... Little to me, however... Half demon, perhaps? Judging by this one-"
he seems, waving a hand towards Irene, while grumbling, finding that Gaia is getting a tad bit too familiar with things. "You seem to hold the affinity of a demon..."

"But a demon also sticks to one particular sin, while you... Not only carry multiple sins, but things that are not sins, either. Far from it, and... Honestly more of the latter than the former."
he paused for a moment, seeming to try and make some deductions as to what that could mean, but eventually seems to conclude that it'd be meaningless to try and do so.

"We also don't really give ourselves a name for us specifically... There's no real need to."

"I... think people in our worlds grew up believing very different things, yeah?"

"It appears so... There's one thing I am really failing to understand though- Perhaps you can enlighten me..?"

"You... Don't really have a sun, right? And the concept of a demon is beyond you..?"

"So... How do you know what is good, and what is wrong? Who is evil, and who is righteous?"

Irene meanwhile, makes sure that Gaia is, in fact, okay, the soft-spoken woman guaranteeing she'll be fine... This "portal" should be opening in at most 10 minutes from now, too, so it's not like she needs to hold out much longer regardless.

"My name is Irene, I don't have any fancy titles, and I am most definetly not a she-demon. Do you have other, Pokemon where you are from? Do you know what pokemon are?"

"Are those the other creatures I have seen? Most of which seem like they're... Peaceful, even though some of them attacked me..?"

"...No. I guess we don't. Not really, at least."

Izzy meanwhile, is silently muttering they're not demons, before a lightbulb lights up so brightly in her head it probably breaks- As she begins asking a couple questions of her own...

"Uhh...what are demons, exactly?"

"I suppose it'll be hard to explain, but... They're creatures born from the void- Manifestations of sin. It is my sacred duty to slay them, and every so often one of our kind undergoes a pilgrimage to try and slay one of the archdemons... It is the only time our kind undergoes strife- But it is a necessary act to keep our capital safe, for while the arch-demons will always be reborn from the void, they grow stronger cycle by cycle... It is a good thing they are generally just as busy fighting each other as they seem to be trying to find a way past the wall's sentries."

"That... Probably means nothing to you, however... Maybe what makes me think you are alike demons will- Unlike us, who simply take from the sun as we require, demons are made from it, and carry it like some kind of permanent mark...
Like you do. Or your friend, at least."

"And, do you guys recognise the name 'Colress'?"

Silence falls. For a moment or two, at least... As he eventually asks:

"...Where have you heard that name?"
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun May 28, 2017 5:04 pm

For the gun. Guns? I thought there was only one. Haley pokets the loot except for the grass crystal and gun.

She looks under custom trades then searches 'advanced settings' she ponders what wonder trade would mean, but she does not want to give up any of her pokemon to trade yet. Maybe if she can switch out her pokemon here later...Actually....

Haley types a question to sparky (sending pm to eternal spark)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun May 28, 2017 8:37 pm

Alex heads back to the corridor, "Alright, I found ID, we ready to move on?"

:O Wait... Can trainers with moves use Z-Crystals?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun May 28, 2017 8:41 pm

"No. we need to set up again. And I am looking on this pc for stuff. Also, I have found some things that you might be interested in." Haley pulls out the ice, fighting, electric z crystals and a gun thing. In her hand he sees a green crystal, and Haley holding it tightly.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun May 28, 2017 11:41 pm

Hermes and Gaia explain how the sword is a piece of their sun or whatever, and later they say that they get nourishment from it, or something? Which leaves Koa scratching his head.

"You guys are saying stuff about your 'sun' a lot, but I don't think it means the same thing for you as it does for us? For us the sun's that big, hot ball in the sky that shines light everywhere. What's it mean for you guys?"

Then Gaia takes her turn to ask a question, and a pretty big one at that.

"You... Don't really have a sun, right? And the concept of a demon is beyond you..?"
"So... How do you know what is good, and what is wrong? Who is evil, and who is righteous?"

"Heh, well that's never really a black and white thing, yeah? There's always some grey in there somewhere... right? Or is it different for you guys?" Presumably getting an affirmative, Koa takes a step back trying to find the words.
"I guess you'd just... use your best judgement? But I guess that'd be hard for you guys to do, huh? 'Cause nothing's straight out good or evil here, everyone just does what's right by them, usually. It's just that not everyone has the same definition on what's right or wrong. I mean everyone tries to be a good person, or at least they wanna be. Sometimes that doesn't always pan out, though. People do what they think is right, or they do what they have to do, or they just do what they wanna do, and sometimes those things don't line up."

"I dunno, does that make sense? It's a pretty big subject here - there's whole classes taught about all this philosophy stuff."

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon May 29, 2017 4:55 am

Bjorn's eyes are immediately drawn to the ice crystal; he almost hears a throbbing from it, like a heart beat. His fingers ice over and he clenches his fists to stop him from reaching out for it. He shows his find.

"Found a plate, some others in there. Not much else," he says, holding up the rock plate.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon May 29, 2017 5:33 am

Alex reaches out to pick up and examine a stone, instinctively selecting the Fighting Z-crystal, holding it up to the light to examine, "Interesting. There's a certain allure, don't you think? Mind if I keep this one?"
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon May 29, 2017 5:41 am

Haley nods. "It's oddly comforting isn't it? Go ahead and take one, I already have mine."

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon May 29, 2017 10:41 am

"Human means... Little to me, however... Half demon, perhaps? Judging by this one-"
he seems, waving a hand towards Irene, while grumbling, finding that Gaia is getting a tad bit too familiar with things. "You seem to hold the affinity of a demon..."

"But a demon also sticks to one particular sin, while you... Not only carry multiple sins, but things that are not sins, either. Far from it, and... Honestly more of the latter than the former."

"Umm... thank you? I think, I know I'm not perfect, and" Irene glances at Ochrana who seems to be staying closer to the back of the group after Giratina was mentioned. I have failed to keep a couple of promises, but I am working towards making good on my word... being told you are multiple sins, but mostly other stuff is a little disconcerning. I mean there are people I've met who I'd call demons, and to be put into the same group as people I call evil... is unpleasent.

"Heh, well that's never really a black and white thing, yeah? There's always some grey in there somewhere... right? Or is it different for you guys?" Presumably getting an affirmative, Koa takes a step back trying to find the words.
"I guess you'd just... use your best judgement? But I guess that'd be hard for you guys to do, huh? 'Cause nothing's straight out good or evil here, everyone just does what's right by them, usually. It's just that not everyone has the same definition on what's right or wrong. I mean everyone tries to be a good person, or at least they wanna be. Sometimes that doesn't always pan out, though. People do what they think is right, or they do what they have to do, or they just do what they wanna do, and sometimes those things don't line up."

"I dunno, does that make sense? It's a pretty big subject here - there's whole classes taught about all this philosophy stuff."
"Yeah it's botha good and bad thing, that well anyone can be good or bad here. It's a choice here to be good or evil, which means everyone on this world has a chance of redeeming themselves... even if they can't make up for the evil they've done like Grimm There is still hope for them to do right by the world..."

"I think part of it is we seem to have different diets. Our sun sustains plants, and then creatures eat the plants, and then other creatures eat the creatures that eat plants. And when the creature dies their body becomes nutrients for plants. For our world it's a circle of life, and because every needs some sacrifice, all life has a choice of good or evil. Though like He said, it's a complex philosphy, with multiple view points on the matter."

"Are those the other creatures I have seen? Most of which seem like they're... Peaceful, even though some of them attacked me..?"

"...No. I guess we don't. Not really, at least."

Strongly resisting the urge to go on a familar speech "Yeah pretty much anything on the world that isn't a plant or a human is a pokemon. Most are peaceful, though there are carnivores who eat meat, and some who don't like it when others get close to their territory or children."

after Izzy explains Colress
"I'd understand if you don't want to answer this, but why did you come to this world? It sounded like you were looking for someplace new that you could live?"

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon May 29, 2017 12:57 pm

"...Where have you heard that name?"

"Oookay, uhh...hold on a sec, pretty sure I've still got it..."

Rifling through her stuff, Izzy eventually pulls out the journal she found in Colress' office, tossing it to Hermes.

"From what I understand, he...was basically this mad scientist who turned up a couple of decades ago. He got invovled with some bad people and....tried to start a war? Kinda? I'll be honest, I don't really know much else, other than that I guess he died at some point after the League stopped him....?"

Tailing off, Izzy glances at Jeremy and Drake - hoping the pair of them might be able to chim in with their much more extensive general knowledge.

"Anyway, we sort've stumbled across some of his old stuff earlier (including that journal), and I noticed that he called people demons too. Which is why I think he might have been from your world. He didn't really seem to get what money was, either - I'm guessing you don't have that where you come from? No idea how he got here, though."

By this point, Izzy has also taken off her helmet. Her feet are firmly planted on the ground, though - she didn't trust these two that much. Not yet, at least.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon May 29, 2017 1:14 pm

Koa glances over at Izzy as she takes her helmet off along with Irene, and he decides to follow suit.

He hesitates for a moment, however, knowing these people can see something like auras? He wonders whether Diancie's influence on him would be visible, somehow, and how these people would take that. After all, if Giratina's the guy they look up to, what kind of ideas did he give them about all the other god-pokemon?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon May 29, 2017 1:53 pm

Drake will remove his helmet as well.

"Wow, This is even worse than Luna.. The others have told you the brief and simple version of how our worlds work, but I doubt we've got time for more than that before the portal opens. As for why he is here, I guess that's Arceus' doing? If our legends are to be believed."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon May 29, 2017 1:56 pm

(Fightinium-Z get! Now if only we knew how to use it.)
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon May 29, 2017 2:15 pm

Haley is going to 'sneak' bjorn the ice one since he seemed to like it. I put sneak in quotes cause look:
Stealth [1d6] = 3 Her stealth is so bad. :lol:

In fact...she just basically picks up the ice z crystal and places it in his hand while he is watching her, nodding in approval of him having it and giving him an overly expressed wink.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue May 30, 2017 4:33 am

Bjorn looks stunned, but very thankful. "Wow, thanks!" He feels it growing colder in his grasp, responding to his touch.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue May 30, 2017 8:14 am

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

Questioning if they're ready to move on, a negative is stated, as once again it seems necessary for the trainers to fully buff up their pokemon... Which is most definitely not the kind of action to earn ire and a "similar" response from a certain usually benevolent god, or either end up ignored for mysterious reasons... As she hands some of the "z-crystals" she found to Alex and Bjorn- Ending up "sneaking" it into Bjorn's pocket. And when we say sneak in this context, we actually mean "shove it in his pocket in plain view. While giggling."

While the others stand around fiddling with their stones, getting strange visions of strange dances... Haley looks at the "link cable"- First trying to find a custom trade, but it appears she needs to at the very least specify what kind of pokemon she wants to search for... And optionally, a list of pokemon she wants to offer. Searching through "advanced settings" meanwhile, she finds another list of options: "Link pokedex", "Search for updates", "Remote transfer" and "Force reboot".

Haley also investigates the "gun" like devices, with some deduction managing to reveal they're... Scanners, of some kind? With some hesitation, and seeing it has no ammunition of any kind, she eventually tentavily points it to nowhere near anything dangerous and tries it out as she pulls the trigger... As expected, data appearing on the screen- Although with only a "wave" appearing, she's not sure what it means... Unless she has an idea on what to use it to try and find out, of course.

Koa, Drake, Izzy, Irene

The continued, rather strange conversation- For both sides- Continues... Everyone first taking off their suits after some hesitation, Koa earning an... Odd glance from Hermes, but no remarks are otherwise made- As he starts things off as he doubtfully asks a question:

"You guys are saying stuff about your 'sun' a lot, but I don't think it means the same thing for you as it does for us? For us the sun's that big, hot ball in the sky that shines light everywhere. What's it mean for you guys?"

There's a brief pause as the two seem to contemplate, eventually beginning to formulate an answer.

"It's hard to explain..."

"I suppose it does also give light, and some heat... Although not as much as yours- It only goes up to the city walls."

"It's also bigger than yours... I think..? How far away is that sun of yours..?"

"It rests on top of the tower, where our lord lives... Made of evershifting stone."

"Heh, well that's never really a black and white thing, yeah? There's always some grey in there somewhere... right? Or is it different for you guys?"

"...What do you mean, black and white..? I mean, I'm aware they're colors, but..." seems to be the only reply Hermes is able to give, neither of them even seeming to be aware of the idiom- As some do their best to explain what they can...

"Yeah it's botha good and bad thing, that well anyone can be good or bad here. It's a choice here to be good or evil, which means everyone on this world has a chance of redeeming themselves... even if they can't make up for the evil they've done like Grimm There is still hope for them to do right by the world..."

"..."

"That..."

"I'm sorry, that doesn't make any sense... Either you're just, or you're tainted. And if you're not just, then-"

"Hermes." Gaia interrupted, before Hermes could finish what he was about to say- Begrudgingly dropping the subject.

"Umm... thank you? I think, I know I'm not perfect, and I have failed to keep a couple of promises, but I am working towards making good on my word... being told you are multiple sins, but mostly other stuff is a little disconcerning. I mean there are people I've met who I'd call demons, and to be put into the same group as people I call evil... is unpleasent."

"..."

"You are impure."

"That is all I shall say on the matter."

"I think part of it is we seem to have different diets. Our sun sustains plants, and then creatures eat the plants, and then other creatures eat the creatures that eat plants. And when the creature dies their body becomes nutrients for plants. For our world it's a circle of life, and because every needs some sacrifice, all life has a choice of good or evil. Though like He said, it's a complex philosphy, with multiple view points on the matter."

"Wait... You eat each other to survive?!"

"I think I'm gonna be sick..."

"It does sound rather... Barbaric."

"Yeah pretty much anything on the world that isn't a plant or a human is a pokemon. Most are peaceful, though there are carnivores who eat meat, and some who don't like it when others get close to their territory or children."

"..."

"..."

"What is 'meat'..?"

Izzy meanwhile, has to spend a while searching through her stuff to find that cursed notebook... Eventually finding it, and tossing it over to Hermes- Who reads through it... Surprisingly fast- Like taking a second or two per page, fast.

"From what I understand, he...was basically this mad scientist who turned up a couple of decades ago. He got invovled with some bad people and....tried to start a war? Kinda? I'll be honest, I don't really know much else, other than that I guess he died at some point after the League stopped him....?"

Gaia for a brief moment looks like she's gonna speak up and protest such a notion, but eventually she falls silent as she waits for Hermes to finish his deduction... Izzy, Drake and Irene asking a couple more questions in the meantime:

"Anyway, we sort've stumbled across some of his old stuff earlier (including that journal), and I noticed that he called people demons too. Which is why I think he might have been from your world. He didn't really seem to get what money was, either - I'm guessing you don't have that where you come from? No idea how he got here, though."
"Wow, This is even worse than Luna.. The others have told you the brief and simple version of how our worlds work, but I doubt we've got time for more than that before the portal opens. As for why he is here, I guess that's Arceus' doing? If our legends are to be believed."
"I'd understand if you don't want to answer this, but why did you come to this world? It sounded like you were looking for someplace new that you could live?"

"Hold on-" Gaia interrupts- "Do you think you know why they were here..? Who is this... Arceus you speak off?"

"Hmm... This was Colress, alright..."

"Anyways... Allow me to make one thing clear- While me and Gaia did come here by choice, Colress did not. And I am not as much here by free will as I am here by obligation, too..."

"He was dragged here against his will."

"To make a long story short, and to answer your question... A long time ago, a demon had appeared in our realm. A powerful, unknown entity... One that came from this world."

"Off course, we did not know this at first- It was Colress, one of our researchers, who went out to investigate the demon more closely and hope to learn more. While this allowed us to divine the nature of the beast... He ended up getting too close, and just... Vanished."

"...To keep a lot of interwoven events short- We eventually discovered he was moved to a different world. This led us to find ways to do this ourselves, so we could try to rescue him- And more importantly, have a backup for the next of our kind that might be swallowed by the demon. For one of our kind was going to slay the beast- He succeeded but was, too, dragged off into what we presume to be this world..."

"We had a way back... But he never responded to it. We presumed him to have died the moment he crossed to here..."

"Evidently he did not, though."
Hermes spoke, storing away the notebook. "It appears he was working on his own kind of methods to try and get back home... He found everyone here to be demons, and so found it okay to do whatever was required. It seems he theorized that there was a "barrier" protecting this world, and that with a large enough energy discharge, he could break it enough to open a gateway back home..."

"...Evidently not, though. And... Reading some of the things he's done."

"...I think I'm starting to understand what you meant by things being gray, earlier."

He paused for a moment, then let out an anguished sigh as he tossed the notebook aside- Apparently, whatever was in there was best left forgotten, than known, for them.

"What a sad world this must be..."

"... My apologies. Regardless, I suppose that brings us to why we are here..."

"Gaia only came along because she is a fool. A fool that almost died for what she tried to do."

"I... I wasn't thinking clearly, okay?"

"I just... I just didn't want to believe he could be dead."

"And when I eventually had to hit that reality, I... I was delirious. I considered joining him... I only got to my senses when it was already too late..."

Hermes seems to offer an apologetic smile, taking Gaia under his wings for a moment... Albeit still not keeping his eyes off the 'tainted' trainers, as he finishes his spiel.

"As for why I am here..."

"It is because this barrier between this world and ours... It's growing thin once again."

"Something has been trying to break through."

"To the point our scientists found that with the right preparation, we could open a gate twice in relatively quick succession- Which led to this expedition."
he speaks... Eyes trailing off to the tree-

"...This tree."

"I do not know what exactly it is."

"But in some way, it seems to be what is holding this and our world so close."

"So, once the gateway is open..."

"I am going to destroy it."

"Sever the connection between this place and ours forever."

"So we'll never lose anyone again."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue May 30, 2017 9:08 am

Haley looks over the computer some more in awe. She grabs her dex and selects 'link dex' and starts downloading it into it.
"So what is your designation? Do you like it here? Alone and no body to talk to? If you want I can try getting you out of here and we can explore the world together. Or maybe put you in something more mobile...I am not a robot person myself but maybe we can find someone that can make you a nice robot. Or you can stay here.

Are you in the room next to us? I am going to come in soon and see you."

Haley looks at the radar gun and hesitantly points it to her hand and squeezes it. If she feels no pain she starts scanning cushion, Alex, Bjorn, Luna, electronics, the plates to see if it gives a different result.
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue May 30, 2017 9:13 am

"It's also bigger than yours... I think..? How far away is that sun of yours..?"
Irene just turns to Jeremy... She never paid attention to most of her science classes...

"What is 'meat'..?"
"Let's not get into it, since the premise is barabaric for you..."

"Hold on-" Gaia interrupts- "Do you think you know why they were here..? Who is this... Arceus you speak off?"
"No, I I thought I could guess the answer I wouldn't have asked. We come from very different worlds. As for Arceus... I'd say he's the counterpart to Giratina for you, Arceus created this world... Although our oldest legend is about Arceus and Giratina having a fight."

"What a sad world this must be..."

" Actually I was thinking the same thing about your world. I guess it would be nice to instantly know if someone is good or bad, but also a little sad, there's no hope for anyone to become better... No chance to improve, just you were born evil so that's all you ever be..."

"...This tree."
*dialougue*
"So we'll never lose anyone again."

"Remember the fight I mentioned earlier, Well if legend is to be believed it would have probably happened here. Also..." Irene looks down taking a moment to think of how to phrase this...
"I think destroying the tree would be a bad decision. Best case it would delay everything that's happening, worse case our worlds get forced into each other. I think the best thing would to leave the tree alone, and to instead focus on researching a way to strengthen the barrier... Our realms, cultures, lifestyles, even our ecosystems are different from each other. This just poses a huge risk for misunderstandings to happen... Even our very being causes a misunderstanding of being evil to you... If this was something not meant to happen... I sincerely believe either Giritina or Arceus would have activly fortified the barrier by now, because this is the fourth or fith time people have come over, and one of those times was from the realm of the dead... I don't know... Everything just gets more and more complicated, but to destroy something we can't easily fix... seems wrong."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue May 30, 2017 11:30 am

"Ha, well, imagine this is our sun," Koa says, hefting his helmet in one hand. With his other hand he holds his thumb and forefinger apart just a tiny amount. "Now imagine this is our whole world. Now try to think how far away it is to look so small up in the sky. It's like, millions and millions of of miles away, I think."

"Wait... You eat each other to survive?!"

"Well, not each other, but different plants and animals and stuff. It's how we get our energy, like how you guys get your energy from your sun."

"Do... do you guys not eat food at all?! Oh I gotta fix that, before you go!" Koa says, dropping everything to fish out his portable stove.

"Who is this... Arceus you speak of?"

"As for Arceus... I'd say he's the counterpart to Giratina for you, Arceus created this world... Although our oldest legend is about Arceus and Giratina having a fight."

Koa nods along. "Yeah, Arceus is Giratina's dad. Erm, do you have dads? Well Arceus made Giratina along with his two brothers, Palkia and Dialga."
"Our legends say that a long time ago Giratina tried convincing the very first people like us to his way of thinking. Arceus didn't like that, so he banished Giratina to his own world. I guess that'd be your world, huh?"

Then the discussion shifts to the tree, and Hermes' rash decision regarding it. Irene beats Koa to explaining why destroying it is a stupid idea, since no one has any idea what exactly it does. But all this talk of barriers between realities eroding... portals opening... universes fraying at the edges... causes something to click in Koa's mind. Koa's eyes go wide with apparent realization.

"I know why it's happening. I know why that barrier's gotten so weak. It's because the Red Chain's been broken."

"Oh man, this is gonna take some explaining...."

"So you have Giratina's two brothers, yeah, Dialga and Palkia? Here they're gods of time and space - they control it and do whatever they want with it. They mostly do their own thing without the rest of us humans knowing much about it. Well that Arceus guy also made another three god-pokemon, Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie, three Sisters that are weaker than the Brothers. Well Arceus gave them this special power, where if things got really bad, then the three Sisters could come together and force Dialga and Palkia to do what they want."

"Well along came a guy called Cyrus, who was the head of a big organization of bad guys called Team Galactic. They caught all the Sisters and pulled this power out of them, and they made this thing called the Red Chain. Basically what happened with that was that Cyrus was gonna use it to force the Brothers into destroying the world so he could make his own universe. And he almost did, but that's when Giratina broke out of his world into this one, and he broke the Chain into three pieces and set his brothers free again. Then they kinda... pushed him back into his own world, I guess. I dunno if he ever talked to you guys about that?"

"But anyway, I was... shown, not too long ago, that the Red Chain is way more than just a way to control the Brothers. It... kinda represents... everything. Like the whole universe. And now that it's broken, the universe is kinda... falling apart. I've seen it, the Overseer showed me. And I'm thinking that's why portals started showing up in your world."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:50 pm

Drake gets kinda overwhelmed by both sides talking and decides to step around the cave just looking around trying to see if there's something that catches his attention while listening to the others. The way he does this apparently shows his best and most endearing side.

I assume I still get the suit bonus since it's only the helmet that was taken off.

Drake charm: 2d6 = [6, 6] = 12
Drake perception: 6d6 = [6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 2] = 22
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue May 30, 2017 5:32 pm

Alex checks in on this thing Haley's looking at, not having much to do but watch.
My game:

My characters: