PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 24, 2017 6:40 pm

Haley pulls away from Alex's grasp, clearly aggitated as she storms off in a room. She points Jackie to any cameras and let Cushion and Willow do thier own thing. Willow tries to lighten the mood by making faces at Haley, it always seemed to cheer her uo before. But Haley is hsving none of that, searching the room and stripping of anything useful and intentionally break stuff that was not.
Per [5d6+3] = 15+3 = 18

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 24, 2017 6:43 pm

Alex hurries after her, "Hey, hey, don't just break everything. Remember that lock before? Two random things were key to getting the door open. If you break something like that we're screwed."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 24, 2017 6:47 pm

Haley lets out a hiss. "I'm breaking shit that's not important. I'm not the idiot child you think I am."
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed May 24, 2017 8:24 pm

"why? just why" Irene gestures towards the sword Gaia is in critical condition from what we can tell, she tells us she needs your sun, you say to have the sun, and you don't keep shining it for her.

""I will help her- If that is a promise you somehow require."
"Yes, that is the promise we need, with sincerety, not bravado. We found her, crawling here, and before she fainted she told about the sun, because she had no choice. You're the slayer of greed and envy right? Who would envy a person on death's doorstep, why would we be greedy for something we can't even fathom."
*Irene lets Maku deliver Gaia before this second part*

"This might not be something you want to hear, but I don't kow anything about your world, and I don't want to travel there personaly. My mother went missing when I was a child, and I need to look for her in this world. Please... just please stop argeing about how evil we are, and give Gaia the light she needs."
Maybe it's because of the suit blocking out eyes, or maybe it's messing with the voice, or even subtle signs in her aura being blocked, but Irene just can't seem to summon the same amount of charm without a giant monolougue.
Irene charm [5d6] = 13
Last edited by Natrivv on Thu May 25, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:04 am

"....sigh. Maku?"

Pushing through the others, Maku slowly approaches Hermes. As he gets close he drops to one knee, gently laying Gaia on the floor in front of him.

"We're not interested in your world. Well, not in going there, at least - I still have someone I want to find here, too. But...your world is important, somehow. I think it's something we need to find out about, so we can save our world. We're not here on behalf of anyone but ourselves. The only thing we seek is knowledge. Who are you people? What is this place?"

Charm: 22

Intuition: 14

As Izzy finishes talking, it suddenly hits her. Who else did they know who was blonde, dressed funny, talked like a medival warrior, and waved around a sword. Why else would Pandora tell them not to mention Prometheus! But the question reminded....who was he to them? Were these his friends? Or enemies...?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 25, 2017 12:57 am

"And I would have counted a that <Recorder or whatever the thing was> as unimportant. Now, normally I would accept your verdict on that sort of stuff, but right now you're rather angry, so I doubt you're thinking straight. Don't bother claiming that you're thinking just fine, because you wouldn't be smashing stuff if you were."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:17 am

Drake sighs as he closes his eyes and presses a hand to his nasal bone.

"While I personally would find another world interesting, I'm sure I'm speaking on behalf of all of us when I say we've had our share of otherworldly encounters for the time being..
As for the lords.. I'm not sure who these lords named after the deadly sins are, but I doubt we've been in contact with any of them and if we have, that's not the names they've used or been refered to."

When maku brings Gaia to him Drake talks a bit again.

"just help her while you stand ever vigilant."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu May 25, 2017 11:10 am

Oh, I'm sure you do have a few more tricks of your sleeve. But I still have Kanga if you knock out Dracula. And a Beat of Restoration is exactly what she needs. It would certainly be fun to fight you at your full strength some day, though!

Accuracy=5
Power=27
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu May 25, 2017 3:35 pm

"Can we spend less time placating the child and more time wondering where the disembodied voice is coming from?"

He calls out loudly, looking around him. "Hello? Can we talk face to face please? Or else we keep loosing our whirling dervish here on your machinery!"

He addresses the girl-thing "Hey evil bitch, who is that voice?"
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 25, 2017 4:04 pm

Haley looks at Bjorn oddly. She...recongnized the voice from somewhere. ...From a game. Oh no.

"The evil bitch isn't here anymore. Which is good because I do not want to fucking deal with her. Also I'm a teen.

And I think I know who it is.

It's glaDos.

Or at least a version of her. Someone who worked here got bored or mad and made a couple games with her in it. She can be intense and insane...but...I feel sorry for her. If that is her."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 25, 2017 4:16 pm

Alex shrugs, "Games aren't real, Haley. I'd say it's just an automated security system. Undoubtedly going to attack us at some point."
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu May 25, 2017 7:53 pm

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

Haley storms in a room at random, soon followed by the others as she wastes little time smashing up whatever she can... Taking down at least two more cameras before beginning to actually inspect the room as the voice preaches once again:

"PLEASE refrain from damaging any and all equipment. Continued hostility will be responded with appropriately."

"Can we spend less time placating the child and more time wondering where the disembodied voice is coming from?"

"Hello? Can we talk face to face please? Or else we keep loosing our whirling dervish here on your machinery!"

"Identification is required prior to further access." is the only voice that responds... Numa is, indeed, no longer there as Bjorn's response to her is moot, while Haley speculates the mysterious voice is a video game character, which Alex shrugs off.

Haley's inspection of the room, meanwhile, reveals that it seems like... A fanart room, or something. After all, there's all these pictures on the wall of "pokemon" on the walls, which she guesses can only be photo manipulations- None of them looked real after all. Like... A red, mosquito like thing with huge jacked up muscles? A translucent, glass like squid..? Seems they were trying to think up names for them, too, nicknaming one of them "Buzzwole", as well as names in general. Several suggestions on a whiteboard scratched out, the final one that stuck seeming to have been "ultra beasts"... Sounds like a silly name.

In each case, there's only more obvious photo manipulations, one displaying some kind of "rift" above a foresty area... Actually, there's several of them- One seems rather impressive as it displays a bunch of people in suits trying to approach one with all kinds of measuring equipment...

There do seem to be a couple of things of actual interest, however. One seems to be a glass case keeping within it some kind of... Crystal? There's a brown, white-blue, green and yellow one... She's not sure why, but she seems to almost feel some kind of connection to one of them in particular... There's also some kind of handheld electronic device, a bit "gun-like" albeit clearly not one, which she's not sure on first go she can deduce the meaning off...

Phoenix

"Haha- Alright!"

Dracula hits the Emolga for some damage, for some reason keeping up it's fury cutter against a "not so effective" type... As it retaliates with a pursuit for 35(8) damage!

Current song: beat of restoration
2 turns till next song

Dracula(17/22) +4 DEF, +1 others 20/80, flinched
Glowstick(chinchou)(17) KO
Butterwings(Emolga)(16) injured
Kanga(13/21) 73/98
Cris(13) 6/66 recalled
Mane(luxio)(10) KO
Spot(8/13) paralyzed, recalled
Major(magnemite)(5) KO
Fluff(flaaffy)(5) KO

Koa, Drake, Izzy, Irene

"why? just why- Gaia is in critical condition from what we can tell, she tells us she needs your sun, you say to have the sun, and you don't keep shining it for her."

Hermes turned wide-eyed. "You- You honestly don't know..? You're demons! Heal her it might... But you- You'd burn alive. This is an act of mercy!"

Following this, though, the trainers confirm that they have no intent of going to this "other world"... Seeming to put him a bit at ease, although skeptical. Izzy in particular reveals they only have some questions to ask- Hermes holding up a hand in response as if to wait- As he'd oversee Gaia first. He leaves a pained grin at seeing just what state she was in, literal skin and bones. Shaking his head softly, murmuring something under his breath. Closing his eyes as he brandished his sword...

And plunged it into her chest.

Eyes recoil as the betrayal is revealed. At least, that's what they had thought happened first. But there's no blood even as the blade sinks deep into her. Instead, the girl seemed to jolt alive with a gasp- Seeming to take a couple deep breaths before grabbing the hand Hermes had offered, soon rising up to stand back on her feet... The sword literally sticking out of her chest was an odd, if not off-putting sight, but the girl was actually looking just fine... Better than fine, actually- She did not look like she was just gonna die of famine anymore, slowly regaining some volume and color... Even starting to look "pretty", which was an unheard thought moments before for those who had seen her.

"...I'd ought to slap you, Gaia."

"What in the lord's name were you thinking?"

Gaia gave a pained grin, averting her eyes in apparent shame as Hermes turned back towards the trainers:

"Demons. While I am under oath to slay your kind... Thank you. As an act of mercy, I am willing to forget having seen you... Walk away."

"Hermes!"

"Take it easy Gaia- You-"

"They saved my life, Hermes."

"They're demons, Gaia- They likely-"

"I don't think they're demons."

There was a brief pause as Hermes looked between the trainers and Gaia, skeptical.

"...Then what are they?"

"I... I'm not sure."

There was another pause as Hermes seemed to consider matters, giving another appraising look towards the trainers. Eventually he exhales, addressing them once more.

"You said you have questions. If that is truly all you need, then answers will likely be something I am willing to provide..."

"But first- Allow me to give you a proper introduction."
he spoke, once again retaining a regal pose, this time with one hand open and outstretched, given that his sword was literally sticking out of the chest of the woman besides him.

"I am holy knight Hermes, guardian and justiciar of Babylon. Former court courier, slayer of greed and envy, serving my lord... Protector of the sun, king of Babylon and it's walls, guardian of the tower, creator of our world and it's eternal light..."

"Giratina."

END OF CHAPTER 4: THE CALM (part 1)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu May 25, 2017 7:54 pm

BEGIN INTERMISSION 5

HAA HAA HAA.

I WONDER IF ANYONE SAW THAT TWIST COMING?

They figured out that they were both from another world, at least...

IT WOULD BE HARD NOT TO.

YOU LAID IT ON RATHER THICK.

Meh.

IN EACH CASE.

I WONDER IF THEY SAW THE CONNECTING PIECES ONCE THE REVELATION WAS GIVEN?

THINK ABOUT IT FOR A MOMENT.

DID THEY REALIZE THE PLACE THEY ARE STANDING WAS NO COINCIDENCE?

UNDER THE VERY TREE GIRATINA WAS IMPRISONED...

BUT THAT IS NOT ALL OF COURSE.

GIRATINA WAS THE ONE WHO BROKE THE CHAIN INITIALLY.

AND ONE OFF THE PIECES WAS CONSIDERED LOST.

HOW ELSE THAN THAT HE HAD TAKEN ONE.

AND THROUGH SOME MEANS.

IT FOUND ITS WAY BACK?

HAA HAA HAA.

It WAS a far shot to be honest- I wasn't really expecting anyone to make that specific call.

AND SOME THINGS MAY MAKE MORE SENSE IN RETROSPECT NOW, DO THEY NOT?

SUCH AS PORTAL TECHNOLOGY... WHAT AN ODD THING FOR GODSLAYERS TO WORK ON.

UNLESS THEY HAVE ULTERIOR MOTIVES FOR IT.

Can we move on with the actual intermission?

OF COURSE.

Pandora: part 3

The duo soon found themselves outside of city walls- Pam striding forward confidently, the unsure Prometheus trailing behind him.

"So, tell me again... What do you mean with catching a pokemon..?"

"Well, erm..." Pam said, hesitating as she had never expected needing to explain something so self-evident, struggling where to begin... Or how to put in proper terms some aspects that might sound cruel to someone that is unaware as to how things work.

"Well... First we have to find some, of course!"

"Hmm..."

"And then... Well, it usually involves beating them up a bit- Weakening them somewhat."

"Ah!" Prometheus spoke loudly, suddenly seeming hit with recognition.

"Do you mean it's like... A hunt?"

"Erm... Yeah!" Pam assured him after a short while, figuring it an apt enough comparison. "Not exactly the same of course, but it's similar in a lot of aspects I suppose."

"Well... A hunt is something I can do."

"Alright! Well, first we have to find some pokemon. If you see any, make sure to call me- Pokemon can be tough, but with Melody on my side..."

"...Prometheus?" she suddenly paused, seeming to have noticed the shift in demeanor of the man... Tall and imposing, having the look similar to... A deer caught in headlights- Scanning the surrounding area as eventually he points in one direction.

"That way."

Before Pam even got a chance to ask or interrupt, Prometheus dashed off, Pam having to break out in sprint after him, and slowly threatening to lose him. For a moment, she even did as the strange man disappeared behind the foliage- Bursting through to reveal the scene he had found himself in.

The man stood in front of a tiny creature, cowering in fear- The green-haired creature flinching as it covered it's face in front of the threat the man posed... A jet-black sword inches away from the pokemon, as Prometheus gaze seemed distant and... Decisive.

"PROMETHEUS!"

Finally, he seemed to snap out of it as Pam quickly grabbed the ralts out of sight, hugging it against her chest.

"It's just a baby ralts, you're scaring it! Where the hell did you get that sword from, anyways?!"

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't... It's okay?"

"Well... Yeah- This one probably isn't even old enough to know any offensive moves! Pokemon are friends, not... Whatever you think a demon might be!"

The man hesitated, seeming to need some time to process... Before letting out a smirk

"...You're right. I'm sorry, little one- Do forgive me." he said, offering apologies to the baby pokemon... Before his gaze turned back to Pam. His lips pursed for a moment, paused, seemed to swallow whatever he was going to say... Before coming out, once more.

"...Why, Pam?"

"...What? What do you mean, why?"

"Why are you helping me?"

"I mean... It seemed like a nice thing to do? I had nothing else to do? What's the worst that could happen, right?"

"..."

The man paused for a while, seeming to be thinking... But then smiled.

"And yet... You were a bit afraid too, weren't you?"

"I must have come across as strange... Likely not have them all in order. You felt this. But regardless of that, you helped. I think it's... There's something that bothers you deeper down, is there not..?"

The girl just blinked a couple times at this assessment, still very much finding the guy to be strange, indeed. But... He was hitting a couple notes that resonated.

"...Maybe. Does it really matter, though?"

"...No, I suppose it does not. Except..."

"When I first arrived here, I thought for sure... I must have been dragged into some kind of hell. All creatures here, impure... Yet, not completely. Just... Self absorbed. Every one I came across concerned by themselves, not even noticing you. Until I met you."

"Pam. You are a very vibrant person- A good person. A little sun."

"Pfah!" the girl exerted to what she almost picked up to be just a cheesy pick up line. She could tell there was more behind it than just that, though. A silence falling for a moment before she asked the question...

"...Prometheus."

"What are you?"

MAKE YOUR SELECTION.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 25, 2017 8:25 pm

Pokeball.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 25, 2017 8:34 pm

Our story better not be on intermission too. Haley collects the posters because inspite of being created they were still kick ass posters. She also grabs the crystals, the equipment and the gun device. She holds onto the green one physically trying to decide what it does to her, but it feels oddly comforting to her. Not risking a breach she keeps it in her off hand for now, planning to store it on her person later.

Also pokeball

"I'm sorry GlaDos. I didn't mean to harm you. I was just mad at something else. I want us to be friends, honest. I don't want you to stay trapped here in this prizon." Haleycautiously walks to the door and looks at the controls to see what type of identification is needed. goes to check another room.

url=http://unseenservant.com/default.asp?do ... 62&macid=0]Per [5d6+3] = 14+3 = 17 tech [4d6+1] = 12+1 = 13[/url]

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu May 25, 2017 9:30 pm

the nurse here

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri May 26, 2017 2:53 am

Pokeball
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:20 am

Pokeball looks interesting.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri May 26, 2017 10:36 am

Pokeballlll!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri May 26, 2017 6:04 pm

Begin tale: The apple (and the serpent)

"And you do not question him..?" the serpent questioned of the couple, his imposing form circling around them, enthralling them... Yet they did not fear, for they had never seen danger- And it was to them, a concept foreign.

"Why, if this is paradise, are you forbidden from this one thing?"

"What would he try to hide from you..?"

"Allow me to demonstrate a few things about this supposed paradise he has created..." Giratina spoke, asking for the hand of Adam. Gently, one of the beasts claws lowered, pricking ever so softly within it's palm... Causing him to recoil, filled with unknown, horrible sensation, as a single trick of blood dripped out.

"That is known as pain."

"You are but fragile shells. Cut yourself, hit something too hard, and pain will be the result... It is something that can be largely avoided- But there is one thing that can not."

"As time passes... Your skin will grow frail and grey. Your bones will grow tired. Things that were once easy will become hard. You will begin to forget who you were, and eventually, your body will collapse..."

"This process is called aging... And eventually, it leads to death?"

"What is death? It is the end of all things. An inescapable void of nothingness. Your body will remain here on this world, but it will no longer be yours- You will be gone... And the only thing left a memory."

"...But it does not have to be that way."

"Pluck the fruit from the tree- And I will show you the way to salvation."

"What do you have to lose?"

"Does he not claim to be all forgiving?"

"Either you will find out he is not as merciful as he claims, and I will create you a true paradise... Or he forgives you for your transgression, and will have learnt why he kept it from you."

"..."

"You have chosen wisely."

"Watch closely." the serpent spoke, as in front of him he transformed the fruit into a tool- Presenting the finished ball to the two subjects, while the sky was growing dark in rage.

"With this ball-" the devil spoke, "You shall be able to bend any of Arceus' creations to your will."

"Even Arceus himself."

"You will no longer be servants- You will become gods yourselves."

"This will be your world to rule."

The sky cracked. A voice boomed- God himself appeared to demand explanations... As the Serpent, without hesitation, struck at him. A massive blow was struck, god himself stunned as he yelled out "Traitor!" for all to hear... Whilst the serpent shouted towards the two to take this opportunity, and throw that ball...

But they did not. By hesitation, doubt, or refusal, the ball was cast aside... And the tables quickly turned on the Serpent.

"You FOOLS."

"You could have had EVERYTHING."

"And now?"

"You will have NOTHING."

The Serpent was struck down with the aid of Palkia and Dialga... Lightning struck as the world tore open, exposing a yet empty void, as Arceus spoke.

"You traitor."

"Not only did you wish to interfere with my intentions for my creation..."

"You sought to snag it out from very under me?!"

"I can not abide by such things..."

"Go make your own world!"

"And enjoy your prison."

With this, Giratina was cast into the void, sealed away... As his eyes turned to his creation. His judgement harsh, but eventually forgiving, as his other creations strode to their defense. Giratina's influence, however, left a permanent mark upon the world- For while the tree was sapped from most it's power, it's children flourished over the world. Many apricorn trees spreading across the world... Following their lord's order, it was used only for convenience and as a sign of trust between a man and their pokemon.

At least... It did for a while.

End of tale: the apple.

Unlocked: The doomed scholar.

I ADMIT I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN CURIOUS.

HOW MUCH OF WHAT THE SERPENT SAID WERE LIES.

AND WHETHER OR NOT HE COULD TRULY CREATE THIS PARADISE HE SPOKE OFF.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD ASK?

HAA HAA HAA.

END OF INTERMISSION 5

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri May 26, 2017 7:14 pm

Alex moves to explore another room, "Maybe we'll find and ID or something in one of these rooms."

Alex Intuition: 18
Dusk Per: 15
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 26, 2017 7:17 pm

Edited my post to search a room instead.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri May 26, 2017 9:11 pm

Irene turns to Koa as they reveal all of these. "Hey, I know you want these suits to protect our identity and all, but they've already revealed more then they wanted to, so could we show them the same amount of trust in turn?"

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri May 26, 2017 10:23 pm

Phoenix orders Dracula to use another Fury Cutter. I think I'm doing pretty well in this gym battle. Much better than against Eliza.

Accuracy=14
Power=33
► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:48 pm

Drake is grimacing behind his suit, as he averts his gaze from Gaia
"We're.. Uhmm.. how long are you going to leave the sword like that?.."

Sword removed or not, Drake will continue a bit after. A bit lost for words as apparently the devil stands before them, Drake goes for a simple explanation and question.

"We're humans, the suits are just masking our features both physically and etherically. I assume Gaia, like you, has several titles and another name we might be more familiar with?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread