PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by SamWiser » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:50 pm

Phoenix does just that, tries his best to act like he belongs here. Slightly more than that, in fact. Like he belongs here, but doesn't quite know where he is going. As if he is a new employee, wandering around, looking for, well, for uniforms.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:33 pm

Haley's face turns red at the accusation "I'm n-not at-obsessed! It's not my fault that my favourite characters are depictated that way!" Haley thinks for a bit. "Wjat sbout Enid? She's a super awesome ninja that can kick and punch fire balls!" Enid (from Ok K.O. Lets be Heroes!)

"As for your brothers, the one that was a Golurk, while its possible to have a high speed golurk, it's not that viable I suggest for him to make himself look like a Toxicroak. That way people or mons will try to go for what they think is a weakness and he'd be immune to it and not take damage. It would buy at least a turn. Since you pose as the trainer you could say it has a dark typing if you want to keep that act. The Nidoking disguise was all right. Also since they have uh...targeting issues try to get them to use auto hit moves like feint attack."

Haley works on Hopper's machine, leaving most of the talking to alex. "I don't know. I find it a bit odd that he didn't evolve you before now. You're what, level 40 or so? It doesn't make sense"
Tech edu [5d6+3] = 24+3 = 27
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:42 pm

"It makes perfect sense. He wanted Hopper to keep his emotions turned off."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:03 am

Izzy watches with a dumbfounded expression as the girl basically....gives her exactly what she wanted? She didn't even have to ask for it or anything. Huh.

"Wait!"

"...what was your name again? I meant to ask earlier, but I was kinda busy running away from you. And that was you pretending to be Koa earlier, wasn't it!"

Assuming the girl doesn't stick around for much longer, Izzy picks up the key and considers her next actions. There was the door by the exit, of course. But...hadn't there been another one? It felt she'd found it weeks ago, but there was definitely another secret door around here.

Somewhere.

Backtracking through the maze even further, she tries to track down this mystery door. At this point though, all these hallways are kinda starting to look the same...

Intuition: 11
Perception: 15

If she doesn't find anything, she decides to call it here - heading back to the exit to check out that last secret door.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:19 pm

Alex, Haley, (Bjorn)

"I'm n-not at-obsessed! It's not my fault that my favourite characters are depictated that way! Wjat sbout Enid? She's a super awesome ninja that can kick and punch fire balls!"

Numa investigates the picture Haley shows, before raising an eyebrow at her with a side glance. <You're really not helping your case here on the whole hips department, you know... Alright, already decided- Whatever I'm going to end up making myself look like, Going to have to make sure to be flat as a board down there. Don't need you perving over me...>

"As for your brothers, the one that was a Golurk, while its possible to have a high speed golurk, it's not that viable I suggest for him to make himself look like a Toxicroak. That way people or mons will try to go for what they think is a weakness and he'd be immune to it and not take damage. It would buy at least a turn. Since you pose as the trainer you could say it has a dark typing if you want to keep that act. The Nidoking disguise was all right. Also since they have uh...targeting issues try to get them to use auto hit moves like feint attack."

Numa shrugs.

<I think he picked that form cuz he was hoping that no one was going to try and hit him with a more phyical punch. Besides, your thing would only work if we're going up against psychics... Mostly.>

<And honestly, they're just idiots.> she says- Giving one of the two brothers a little "love-tap".

---

"I can only guess at what you've done in the past, but I can say that you might be the best hope of helping Tex be a better person. It depends on how he thinks of you, really, but you're still the only hope I know of. Maybe if he has family or somebody he loves they could help too, but I kind of doubt someone like him has anyone he cares about anymore..."

"I don't know. I find it a bit odd that he didn't evolve you before now. You're what, level 40 or so? It doesn't make sense"

"It makes perfect sense. He wanted Hopper to keep his emotions turned off."

"...He always stated that I need not concern myself with such things- That was his responsibility. Whether this was because he did not want me to be the one to feel bothered, or as you say..."

"My judge of character says that for me at least it would actually be the former. If you'll allow me a moment- I'll share the reason for why he is like he is."

"23 years ago, the league initiated the International security act. Among many other things, this act was where the initial ruling on the prohibitions on owning pokemon were placed. Non-license holders would be allowed to own only a single pokemon. Licenses would be given freely to those above twenty years, if accepting the conditions, and anyone younger would have to go through a trial that would later evolve to become the now famous tournament."

"Anyone younger would need to yield any pokemon they might already have owned. Master Tex was 19 at the time. He failed the trial. I was but a porygon at the time, so I could not really understand what he was going through at the time... I just logged the memories and realized it later. But it's clear now that in a matter of weeks, master Tex lost everything he cared about. The biggest gut punch of them all was when one of his friends... Perhaps more than friends- Got her own license application accepted and took it too. Their relationship seems to have grown... Hostile, after that. Even though I do not believe they truly hate each other as much as they might both claim."

"... There can be a great debate over whether those who commit foul deeds need to blame their sins on nature, or nurture. I can testify at least for my master, that the latter has gravely impacted him."

Haley starts fixing up Hopper, pretty confident she could probably get him operated in less than another thirty minutes- Which all the trainers might as well spend in whatever way they prefer, given that Tex still seems quite out of it- They might need to heal them if their intent is to leave any time soon... One of the two brothers is looking like he's going to wake up, though.

Koa

Koa decides the best course of action is making a silent run for it- Which is exactly what he does! Backing it the way he came, he soon makes a good distance... Pretty convinced that while initially it might have been coming in his direction, he got away quickly enough to essentially lose the robot. Although... For one very brief moment, he could just barely hear the static noise through the darkened corridors suddenly clear up- And spell out a rather... Troubling message, with a rather hackney accent, before returning to static- Again repeating that "don't look at me" message...

"Oi, mate- Once this thing's done knocking you senseless, mind telling Jack the hack he forgot to pay the bill? And sorry I'm gonna make ya a gentle reminder what happens when ya undercut the little man..!"

Well that sounds... Troubling. As he continues his search among the maze- Eventually coming across another point of interest... In what is actually looking to be the way forward, away from this thing- A door, which he can lock behind him.

Although, he hasn't found this supposed key... But thinks that, just perhaps, it's not as easy as just finding it laying around..? And perhaps there's more to that static message besides just being creepy...
► Show Spoiler
Irene

Ah, to be fair I have been scared plenty, but when your first expierence as a trainer is fighting a murderous dusknoir while dealing with a throng of possessed peole it toughens you up...

"Ah, well, that's... Something?"

So if I stay in here long enough, will you bring me something to eat so I don't starve? Or will you just let me whither away looking for a key while being chased down?

"Actually miss, if you stay in here for too long, eventually I will have to kick you out. That's usually only when we're going to shut for the night, though- Although I might get told to do it sooner, given that we got other people who want to try the gym too... You're fine for now, though."

Thoroughly shot down, Irene continues searching the maze- Eventually coming across what seems to be... A gate? There's some kind of locked door here, and she can only barely make out what seems to be two distinct wires leading away from it... Or to it, depending on your perspective. The runic symbols do actually help here, though- Giving vague indications of where the two wires are leading to, and likely providing a way to open it...

"Heh, yeah, you were lucky to find that lantern. Most people miss that hidden room, you know."

Phoenix

Phoenix decides to act the part- Acting like he's the new intern, sent down here, no idea where he's supposed to go but not wanting to ask, occasionally glancing at his pokedex while Midas offers him instructions on where to go... And seems to succeed as anyone he passes apparently can't be bothered to question the act- Arriving at the location he needs to be without issues.

"Alright, the costume you will need will be in here... Together with one guard. You could try and play it off, I suppose- But the face he's going to pull up with that id you have is not going to match. I would attempt to go for the ambush, and knock him out quickly... While there's not too many people around."

(Did a guile roll for you: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=187944)

Izzy

"Wait!"

"...what was your name again? I meant to ask earlier, but I was kinda busy running away from you. And that was you pretending to be Koa earlier, wasn't it!"

The girl does stop, luckily, as she hears Izzy's plea... Seeming to shrug as Izzy asks her questions.

"Name's Fatale. And Koa? Yeah, I know him... He's cute, isn't he?" she says, smirking as she leans closer for a moment- Before turning around, continuing to talk as she's walking away.

Anyways, yeah- My job's only done once everyone leaves this maze, and he was next, so... I let him in early. Figured it'd be no big deal."

(I'm just going to pause here briefly, since while she's still walking away, she's not exactly unfollowable/out of earshot... And I'm not sure Izzy has nothing else to say. :roll: )

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:29 pm

Eventually Koa deduces that the 'static girl' must be one of the robots Fatale was talking about, which is reinforced when the static voice suddenly stops and speaks in a completely different accent. Something about Jack forgetting to pay a bill? That's a weird thing for a robot to complain about... or that a robot would be complaining at all. Maybe it's being driven around by one of those Rotom things, like the one Alice has?

In any case, Koa doesn't think the key will be deeper in the maze? He's pretty sure it should be somewhere in this part, with the robot guarding it. But at the same time he's starting to think it won't just be lying around, so... maybe Koa has to do something with the robot itself? Something that has to do with not looking at it? Maybe... with the mirror piece he found?

A bit reluctantly, Koa returns from whence he came, back towards the sounds of static. His goal is to navigate this area of the maze to approach the robot from behind, staying out of direct line of sight while using his piece of mirror to peek around a corner at it. Maybe he can glean some insight as to the key's whereabouts this way?

Rolls

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:43 pm

Haley looks a bit flustered "I-I am not obsessed! O-or into girls! Seriously! There are not many female characters that don't look like that and are adults or teens! Look it up if you don't believe me!"
Guile [2d6] = 7

Haley hums at Hopper as she fixes the machine, shaking her head a bit "I see. Still doesn't mean he should take it out on others. ...Well you have the ids cataloged of these pokemon? If they just imput them in a box we can possibly retieve them with a bit of help and 'release' them. As long as they look like bots the lesgue wouldn't care, right?"
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:00 pm

"Nature and nurture both play their part in a person, but his actions here are putting the residents at risk of losing their families."

So, how long do we want to spend here? Half an hour more of healing would get most of my pokemon set right, but it'd be an hour and a half to clear up all of Dusk's injuries.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:02 pm

(I think an hour might fix everybody at my end?)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:58 am

ah, well instead of kicking me out, maybe give me a warning to head towards the exit?

Well to be fair how many people grab the latern? I imagine people brave enough to attack go after the body, and other people like me run away. I just thought extinguishing the flame would get me the idol back.

Irene starts fumbling with the wires trying to follow the hints of the lantern... but again something that's not my forte
Irene occult edu [4d6] = 14 tech edu [2d6] = 5
Irene occult edu [4d6] = 8 tech edu [2d6] = 7
Irene occult edu [4d6] = 10 tech edu [2d6] = 9
Irene occult edu [4d6] = 14 tech edu [2d6] = 7

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:31 pm

Let's... let's try to keep it peaceful, at first, at least.

Phoenix enters the room, and starts frantically searching for a uniform that fits him. Assuming the guard comes up to him and asks for some ID, and it doesn't match, Phoenix puts on a pleading face. Please, just let me go. I really need this job, and I'm late! I can't be late for my first day. That's a fast track to being fired! And, I can't get fired! My mom lost her job, and my dad left, and right now, this is the only money we have coming in! Just... please! They have new guys coming in and out all the time. I'm sure it was just an error. You're telling me that there is no way that they just forgot to enter my info in? They told me when I was hired they were really short staffed, and so were hiring me on the quick, so they probably just haven't gotten to entering my id onto your list yet. But come on, how would I have gotten this far if I wasn't actually working here. Come on, please? Just help a guy out. I really need this job!

Guile=8
Charm=13

Charm Reroll=20
► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:55 pm

"...huh? Nononononono! That...that was you! It must have been...!?"

Trying not to panic, Izzy casts her mind back. Had that actually been Koa before? Had she really left him on his own in this place?

But...the more she thinks about it, the less sense it makes. The challenges, the idols....it just doesn't add up!

Intuition: 16

"Yeeeeaah, there's no way you'd let two people in here at the same time. It's not fair at all! I mean, what would be the point of these challenges if one person just solved them and took all the idols? The second one in would be left with nothing!"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:48 pm

Koa

Koa thinks long and hard about what to do, eventually deciding that he needs to investigate the source of this static closer... Creeping up on the source, peeking around the corners with the mirror fragment- It seems somewhat foggy, but he's still able to catch vague reflections if he uses his torch correctly as well... Eventually seeming to track back enough that it is... Close. Cautiously another peek around a corner using the glass allows him a vague look.

It's hard to make out details, though, all said... One thing for certain is that it's TALL- Reaching nearly the ceiling of the place, given it an unusually thin appearance given the usually rather cramped width of the passages... Although he's not sure whether or not it's a robot or something else. He supposes that of course they wouldn't want it to look like one, but the main reason, besides the cloudy glass, is that it seems to covered almost completely in an ornate dress... A ragged, dusty old one, but one none the less- As he looks up to see the thing's face and...

There's a brief shriek, a pair of bony- looking arms covering whatever may substitute for it's face- But the creature does soon seem to regain some composure... It's looking like he's going to have to run for it again..!

Haley, Alex, (Bjorn)

"I-I am not obsessed! O-or into girls! Seriously! There are not many female characters that don't look like that and are adults or teens! Look it up if you don't believe me!"

<Uh huh. Sure thing, redface. It's something I can definitely verify for myself, given that I am so savvy with technology and stuff. Probably has nothing to do with you watching only shows that interest you for mysterious reasons, or something.>

One of the two brothers seems to be waking up as Numa and Haley have their little 'argument'... Seeming to murmur something, before what could best be described as "snickering". Numa seems to roll her eyes.

<Ugh, you're a fucking child. YOU do it, if you think it'd be funny.>

"I see. Still doesn't mean he should take it out on others. ...Well you have the ids cataloged of these pokemon? If they just imput them in a box we can possibly retieve them with a bit of help and 'release' them. As long as they look like bots the lesgue wouldn't care, right?"

"Nature and nurture both play their part in a person, but his actions here are putting the residents at risk of losing their families."

"Well to be fair, even I had little intention to have anyone risk at losing their family- With insufficient data I had concluded I'd be taking away a shelter... But, ah, that doesn't really matter. I've... No intention to pursue it longer."

<Yeah, you better. I'd kick your ass again if you were even going to suggest anything else.>

"Ah... I do suppose I should a-"

<Don't care.>

"...Okay then."

"Anyways... Like I said, my master has grown of a disposition that would best be considered as... 'Everyone for themselves'. That is how he feels he's been treated, and in many occasions even with a new perspective, I'd be hard-pressed to disagree. Although... I suppose that doesn't mean it's... right."

Another half a hour passes- Pokemon get healed as trainers input them, and Haley works on fixing Hopper... She's not exactly experienced in this kind of stuff, but most of the work is already "done"- She just needs to replace the broken part with something else, which is easy enough... Hopper soon on both legs again- Screen sparking from still being busted as he suddenly seems rather excited...

"Ah, wonderful job! Must say I'm impressed- I had my initial doubts of course, but my motor functionality has been restored by 67%..!' Although it seems my monitor might not be displaying properly still..." the porygon says, which seems to be quite true as the broken screen is static and flashes rather than any exciting imagery... Before he quickly waves his hands apologetically as if

"...Not that I am ungrateful! I, just..."

"...This is going to take some getting used to."
the robot says, doing a full face turn as instead it steps over to it's master- It's steps seem different somehow... Almost seeming a bit more sauntering, than the cold methodical steps before- Stepping over to Tex.

"Hmm... This is going to need stitches. Do you happen to have a revive on hand, or shall I need to go fetch some from our car..?"

"I see. Still doesn't mean he should take it out on others. ...Well you have the ids cataloged of these pokemon? If they just imput them in a box we can possibly retieve them with a bit of help and 'release' them. As long as they look like bots the lesgue wouldn't care, right?"

"I am... Not certain how you would retrieve the pokemon using those? The league is most certainly not going to hand them over freely, at least."

Irene

ah, well instead of kicking me out, maybe give me a warning to head towards the exit?

"Hah, yeah, I'm not that mean to just kick you out when you've essentially already won. You should be fine."

Well to be fair how many people grab the latern? I imagine people brave enough to attack go after the body, and other people like me run away. I just thought extinguishing the flame would get me the idol back.

"...Wait, what exactly are you talking about miss? Certainly, you extinguish the two candles, and then the hidden door opens to the room with the lantern... How are you saying you got it..?"

Irene meanwhile, continues searching... Eventually coming to a stop as the lantern reveals something else of interest- It seems that in this here hallway, there's yet another door..! Yet again, requiring a key to open...

(Tech edu works if you want to trail the wires specifically, but just give me general intuition/perception rolls while continuing through the maze...)

Phoenix

Phoenix enters the room, trying to frantically go straight for a costume that fits him... Which turns out harder than expected- When the guard he was so desperately hoping to avoid was sitting straight at the entrance, and demanded the badge in question... As Phoenix pleads when the guard seems rather suspicious, rather quickly.

"Please, just let me go. I really need this job, and I'm late! I can't be late for my first day. That's a fast track to being fired! And, I can't get fired! My mom lost her job, and my dad left, and right now, this is the only money we have coming in! Just... please! They have new guys coming in and out all the time. I'm sure it was just an error. You're telling me that there is no way that they just forgot to enter my info in? They told me when I was hired they were really short staffed, and so were hiring me on the quick, so they probably just haven't gotten to entering my id onto your list yet. But come on, how would I have gotten this far if I wasn't actually working here. Come on, please? Just help a guy out. I really need this job!"

The guard does seem to have just a brief moment of doubt... But soon shakes his head- "Can't do kid- This is a senior access level card, I can't let you carry this around if it's only your first day, has to be some kind of mistake..." the guard says, seeming rather doubtful of what Phoenix was saying, but managing to come off with enough charm to give him the benefit of the doubt.

"I'll just give hiring a call-"
the man says, reaching for the telephone on the desk- "If some kind of error was made, we can resolve it real quick... Your name?"

"You need to grapple him, before he can activate the silent alarm. As soon as you do, release some of your pokemon and prepare to knock him out."

Izzy

"...huh? Nononononono! That...that was you! It must have been...!?"

The girl seems to shrug off Izzy's panic... Although she soon comes to the conclusion that it can't be right- Even if the girl isn't flinching about it...

"Yeeeeaah, there's no way you'd let two people in here at the same time. It's not fair at all! I mean, what would be the point of these challenges if one person just solved them and took all the idols? The second one in would be left with nothing!"

"Girl, we have like, dozens of all those little prizes you found so far in storage... Maybe I just said fuck it, and I'd just give your friend a duplicate of whatever he should have found, right?"

"Or maybe I just thought he was cute enough, I'd keep him around here forever..."
the girl says, Izzy's flashlight revealing a rather... Sharp looking grin- Razor like fangs spreading from cheek to cheek...

"Oh, yes... Think of all the fun we're going to have..!" she says, sounding like a true lunatic, keeping up the expression for just a couple seconds... Before reverting to her "usual" self, a cocky smirk with lips closed, head tilting to the side for a moment as she eventually snickers.

"Heh. This is mildly awkward, you know- Usually I'd just run off now... But you could actually keep up with me."

"You're no fun, you know that..? It's supposed to be a scary maze, all a fun little game, and your abilities have ruined almost every one of my tricks. Your loss, really."
The girl says- Sticking out a tongue briefly.

"Come now, girl- You brushed past me with that wind sensy thing of yours earlier, didn't you? You probably figured it out already, no?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:48 pm

"Oh right...you wouldn't know how to use tech. But if I show you, you'd make fun of me." Haley looks at the zozoark snickering "What are they laughing at?"

"I have a revive Hopper...I took it from him because I didn't want him to suddenly wake up and attack us....sorry

As for the pokemon, they might not be, but there is a machine in here that is a trading station. If we can capture some random pokemon, we maybe able to set up a trade? I am not sure how well that would work out. I'm tempted to put the program on my dex so I can look into it further, I have some ideas how to use it!"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:09 pm

OK, that's not the answer! Koa primes himself to sprint back into the maze, but hesitates for a moment, getting an idea! Koa isn't allowed to look at her, so what if she sees herself?!

Koa tilts the piece of mirror a fraction so it faces the tall spooky lady. He sticks around just long enough to see if this elicits a reaction, but if it doesn't then it's back to running!

Athletics and Survival to flee tall lady if needed:
4d6+2 = [6, 4, 3, 2] = 17
6d6+2 = [6, 5, 5, 3, 1, 1] = 23

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:25 pm

"...Wait, what exactly are you talking about miss? Certainly, you extinguish the two candles, and then the hidden door opens to the room with the lantern... How are you saying you got it..?"
Irene takes a few steps back, a hint of a blush from embarassment crossing her face.
umm.. well you see, after I extinguished the first candle Lanternhead started chasing me like crazy. Well Lanternhead caught me and took the murkrow idol, and in retaliation I lunged for the lantern to try to extinguish it's flame... and well... it snapped off. I did find the second candle though... Is it ok? Towards the end Irene is just looking at the ground; the floor is suddenly very fascinating.

Frustrated by all of the find the key first doors Irene just starts pressing down along the surface hoping to find a secret button to open the door. Like it would be so convient... Irene sighs continuing to follow the wires the best she can...
Irene occult edu [4d6] = 14 tech edu [2d6] = 5 perception [2d6] = 3 Intuition [2d6] = 12
Irene occult edu [4d6] = 17 tech edu [2d6] = 12 perception [2d6] = 11 Intuition [2d6] = 9

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:26 pm

Posting to note that I've posted. Nothing to do or say, really.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:59 am

Izzy gets a little alarmed by Fatale's teasing, but it doesn't last. She was right - this was just a scary maze. She'd never been in any real danger, and neither had Koa.

"Hahaa...to be honest, you did do a pretty good job freaking me out. I can sort of "see", yeah - but it's not, like, nightvision or anything. All I usually get is shapes and stuff."

"You do have nightvision though, don't you. And some kind of illusion powers, I'm guessing?"

"Don't worry about me chasing you. I just want to see what's in those last couple of doors then get out of here. I've had more than enough creepy maze stuff for today!"

If Fatale decides too leave, Izzy lets her. She then sets off to find that hidden door (using the rolls from previously).

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:46 pm

Alex, Haley, (Bjorn)

"Oh right...you wouldn't know how to use tech. But if I show you, you'd make fun of me."

<Why would I make fun of that? Besides that I'd never be using it.>

"What are they laughing at?"

The zoroark seems as if it wants to demonstrate, finally getting up... Seeming to be trying to gesture for Haley to show it her dex.

<He wants to see the picture of one those girls again, so he can copy it. And then find out whether or not you're attracted them by demonstration.>

The zoroark sticks out it's tongue at Numa, not seeming pleased at it's "prank" being spoiled before he could even get to pull it. Numa doesn't seem to care.

"I have a revive Hopper...I took it from him because I didn't want him to suddenly wake up and attack us....sorry."

"Ah, no problem given the circumstances- I presume you had your own to take care off, did you not? With that said, unless you still have hold of one, I am afraid I shall need to go fetch some more... There should be ones left in our car, yes."

As for the pokemon, they might not be, but there is a machine in here that is a trading station. If we can capture some random pokemon, we maybe able to set up a trade? I am not sure how well that would work out. I'm tempted to put the program on my dex so I can look into it further, I have some ideas how to use it!"

"Ah... But wouldn't the league need to be wanting to trade them? And I do not quite think they are... In fact, what they might have done with it are thoughts I best leave dismissed."

"Regardless of whatever your plan might be, dear, our priority for now should likely consist out of getting my master awake, so I...I suppose I'll try and talk some sense into him. May I have that revive, or will I need fetch one..?"

Koa

Koa doesn't really have the time to stop at this time, given that the thing is right behind him..! But does think over the idea, and realizes that for an extent, he already tried his idea... He lifted the mirror up to it's face, so when she looked, she must have looked at her own reflection... And given how it shrieked and flinched, it DEFINITELY didn't like that..!

But it seemed that wasn't quite enough, obviously, given he was now running... If making a distance- As he seems to be "safe" once again after a while, considering his options further... From what he can tell, the static noise seems more... Disturbed, than it was before- Likely going to be harder to dodge. So... Maybe showing her her own face again will have an added effect? Or maybe... He's only holding a mirror fragment, and it seems clouded... Is there something to complete the set, perhaps..?

Irene

"umm.. well you see, after I extinguished the first candle Lanternhead started chasing me like crazy. Well Lanternhead caught me and took the murkrow idol, and in retaliation I lunged for the lantern to try to extinguish it's flame... and well... it snapped off. I did find the second candle though... Is it ok?"

There's a brief pause as Irene is looking to continue, before the kid with her speaks up- his voice a bit trembling, and more raised than his usual laid-back self...

"L-Look, miss, you're not being funny, okay?"

"I know the story, yeah. Everyone that helps work here does, obviously. This place got almost shut down because of it... We're all sorry for what happened- The kid went to get the lantern, and then he slipped, and the door malfunctioned...
It was a terrible accident."

"But joking about it- The supposed sorry tales his ghost now haunts the halls, trying to guard that which caused his death... That's just a stupid rumor, okay? It's not funny."

Irene meanwhile, eventually finds herself down a hallway with a single lever at it's end, likely being one of the two leading back to the door she found earlier... Just as she hears a distant thudding sound come from somewhere not too far off.

"D-Did you hear that..?"

Izzy

"Hahaa...to be honest, you did do a pretty good job freaking me out. I can sort of "see", yeah - but it's not, like, nightvision or anything. All I usually get is shapes and stuff."

"You do have nightvision though, don't you. And some kind of illusion powers, I'm guessing?"

"Don't worry about me chasing you. I just want to see what's in those last couple of doors then get out of here. I've had more than enough creepy maze stuff for today!"

Fatale seems to study Izzy for a last couple seconds... And then seems to grin.

"Heh. I guess you didn't look as closely as I thought you did..."

"Well girl... Good luck! Jack's not an easy egg to crack, but I think you'll do fine... Toodles~"
the girl says, finally disappearing around an apparent dead end... As Izzy, key in hand, firstly tries to track her way back to that door she found by accident in one of the hallways... With not much luck. The keyhole in question was pretty much perfectly hidden, and she found it only accidentally through the use of her air powers before- And while she could be doing that all over again, not remembering exactly where it was... Yeah- She eventually just decides to give up for now, figuring that if curiosity really wants to kill the cat, she can spend the ten minutes or so to search the area she thinks she found it- For now returning to the final hallway, searching for the keyhole previously identified there, and unlocking it with a satisfying click... The door with the vase slowly grinding open, as it reveals...

ANOTHER door?! Is this a joke, at this point?!

Well... Whatever- It's not like it didn't come with it's own due rewards, either... While the door opposite of hers- Still holding this vase, albeit two darkened claws now seeming to reach out for it were sketched on as well, there was again a potential reward, in the form of another machine... It seems like she got a choice between dark pulse, X-scissor, or brick break. And besides this vending machine, it seems there's also... A little TV set? Three lights are indicated on what seems to be some kind of special old VHS recorder, all blinking red...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:27 pm

"Hah...I mean...sure?" Haley shows him her dex.

....Yes. Haley will use the revive on Tex. I didn't realize I had to be so blatant about it. That's what shwping it to hopper was for.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:41 pm

Hrmm... now that he's thinking of it, it makes sense that there would be more to this mirror. It also makes sense that it'd be broken up and scattered around.

Koa will try finding another piece of this mirror, then. He's having a bit of a hard time of it, though. Now that he's actually seen the monster, he's having a hard time keeping his mind off of it and concentrating....

On the other hand Koa keeps the layout of the maze in his mind, in case he needs to make another quick getaway!

Rolls

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:03 am

""But joking about it- The supposed sorry tales his ghost now haunts the halls, trying to guard that which caused his death... That's just a stupid rumor, okay? It's not funny."
Wait, what? The Spider Leader, seemed to have no problem with what happened... taking a closer look at the employee Irene tries to decide, is she being lied to, or is there more happeneing here then she thought?
Irene Intuition [2d6] = 7

You know, I'm from out of town and never heard this rumor before... From entering this town I went straight to the pokemon center, and from there I came straight here. I didn't have time to look up rumors. I'm not joking with you, though that said what kind of ghost is solid enough to touch? In the end Irene tries to calm him down just because it's nice to have a second person here, and while she'd rather have Rhythem or Ochrana here, this guy would do.

"D-Did you hear that..?"

"Yes, could be the random trainer that was in the mirror... really glad I didn't end up in those restraints. Then there is the blood on wall person I yelled at. Maybe the leader of the spiders is deciding I didn't head her warning to leave the maze before too long, and is going to escort me out personally? Then there could be someone from the drink of the dead puzzle, and not to mention Lanternhead seeking revenge. Indeed looking back, I've caused quite the mess and commotion... and there's still puzzles left unsolved and more mysteries to uncover" Irene starts laughing helplessly as she realizes just how much has happened in this maze, and how it still seemed like so little compared to everything else, as she tries to flip the lever and head back.

Maybe because of the seed of doubt brought about by the guys words, Irene seems to be a lot more intuitive then normal, but once she stops focusing on the guy and turns back to focusing on the maze her sudden burst of insight fades as she tries to go back to the two wires.
Irene Occult [4d6] = 14 survival [3d6] = 6 perception [2d6] = 10 intuition [2d6] = 12
Irene Occult [4d6] = 10 survival [3d6] = 12 perception [2d6] = 6 intuition [2d6] = 4
Irene Occult [4d6] = 10 survival [3d6] = 13 perception [2d6] = 7 intuition [2d6] = 5

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:26 am

Izzy groans as she sees the next door. Does this place never end?!

She gives the door a quick once-over, searching for any more keyholes. But she doesn't expect to find any. And assuming she's right, she calls it here - grabbing the Dark Pulse TM, making her way to the exit, and finally leaving the maze.

Perception: 18

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:50 pm

Drake recalls Darfel, deliberating on his next move.

"Let's call it a day, I've taken enough risks as it is. No reason to press a could be lucky.."

Drake thinks for a moment as he comes to a conclusion.

"The offer to help still stands, granted I haven't given the best this time around."

Drake laughs weakly in an attempt to hide his foolish insecurity. He had done plenty of note so far.. right? Not that he could really discuss it with anybody that wasn't involved.

"A couple of friends are likely coming in after me, so I guess you can make a decision after meeting them as well."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:43 am

Haley, (Alex), (Bjorn)

"Hah...I mean...sure?" Haley would say, foolishly offering the zoroark the picture of Enid... And the zoroark wouldn't waste much time to create an illusion that was... A mockery of the figure in question. It seemed obvious that it wasn't perfect, given that Enid was a cartoon and not real, leaving the zoroark to try and "improvise" instead... Which wasn't stopping the "Enid" from strutting about with hips swaying where ever "she" walked...

(Do I need to ask for a focus roll? :roll: )

Haley meanwhile, passes the revive to Hopper, who is quick to apply it to it's master... Who wakes up coughing and wheezing, first addressing Hopper alone as he gets his bearings- "Ah... Did ya kick their ass, Hopper?" were his first words... Which fell rather deaf as he finally takes a look throughout the room, seeing that everyone else is far from having had their asses kicked.

"Yes, about that... There's... Quite a couple things we'd ought to talk about." Hopper says- Sparing a glance over his shoulder, seeing as if whether or not the trainers have their own things to say... Or whether they trust him to try and deal with things, for now at least.
► Show Spoiler
Koa

Koa continues through the hallways, where, indeed, a moment of inattention and not making sure he was out of sight seems to have the thing right back on his tail again..! Luckily for him he does, once again, manage to outrun it, his internal map up to date enough that he doesn't make the potentially fatal mistake of heading into a dead end. Still, though, this "robot" seems to be getting more and more agitated, and getting harder and harder to dodge... It WILL catch him eventually, if he doesn't move on, nor find that mirror fragment soon...

Which is probably why it's a good thing that he does find it, isn't it..? Thinking himself safe for another moment or two, heading down an previously unexplored passage does find him the object he desires: Another mirror fragment. Picking it up, and joining it with the previous one he found, it seems like the two halves meld to form one whole, the reflection clearing up...

He guesses now he only has to try it out, hoping it has some kind of effect...

Well, he guesses at this point, he really doesn't have a choice anymore.

Since it seems the static noise had gotten much closer.. Behind him- Blocking the path back...

Irene

As far as Irene can tell, the kid seems serious... Although his voice seems to betray that he might be taking Irene a bit more serious than one usually would in a situation like this.

You know, I'm from out of town and never heard this rumor before... From entering this town I went straight to the pokemon center, and from there I came straight here. I didn't have time to look up rumors. I'm not joking with you, though that said what kind of ghost is solid enough to touch?

"...Arceus damn it..." the kid seems to mutter under his breath, but seeming to drop the subject despite being bothered... Until the sudden sound later, that is, upon which Irene begins going down a whole list of possibilities:

"Yes, could be the random trainer that was in the mirror... really glad I didn't end up in those restraints. Then there is the blood on wall person I yelled at. Maybe the leader of the spiders is deciding I didn't head her warning to leave the maze before too long, and is going to escort me out personally? Then there could be someone from the drink of the dead puzzle, and not to mention Lanternhead seeking revenge. Indeed looking back, I've caused quite the mess and commotion... and there's still puzzles left unsolved and more mysteries to uncover"

"Wha- Ariadne..? She's... Special, yes, but she can't talk. This... Fuck," the kid starts, seeming to be muttering more to himself than talking to Irene as he continues, "He's told me about this. I never took him to lie, but I just assumed that it was one of Fatale's pranks he was going along with- The Nightmare urn..."

He seems to snap out of his internal monologue, flashlight once again directing itself towards her. "Okay, look, screw the rules- I'm just gonna show you where the key is, alright? Then you can claim your reward, and then you can get out- STAT." the kid says, deciding to take the lead himself- Guiding her back towards the door she originally found, seeming to be taking a pretty decent lead as he's hurrying...

Give me a perception roll.

Izzy

Izzy, understandably, groans as she sees another door... But decides she's not going to waste more time figuring out yet another riddle, finding no keyhole as she can only deduce it has something to do with that VHS recorder and accompanying little tv... As she simply claims her reward, in the form of a dark pulse TM, and heads out the glowing exit sign. A somewhat long hallway slowly illuminates as she heads towards the final door, re-accustoming her eyes back to regular light levels, as the final door sheds the light of freedom.

...Well, that, and two thugs seeming to be waiting near the exit. Not seeming to be waiting especially for her- But they do turn in her direction almost immediately when she exits, seeming to don the same kind of clothing the kids on the bridge had done earlier- One wearing a blue bandanna, the other one red.

"Yo, afraid you're gonna have to wait a moment to do your battle with Jack, miss." the kid says, seeming of a younger age, with scruffy black hair... While the girl is next to speak up, seeming older... Probably at most only a couple years above Izzy, but being quite tall and lanky for her age... Which means that with Izzy being shorter than usual, the girl is standing a good head above her. "The king and Jack are having a little conversation, if you get what I'm saying."

Drake

Drake pauses for a second... A pause which feels like it's over two weeks- And eventually pussies out forfeits.

"Let's call it a day, I've taken enough risks as it is. No reason to press a could be lucky.."

Jack nods. "Very well. If you wish to spare your pokemon the injuries, I understand."

Drake earns 320 exp to share among his pokemon

"The offer to help still stands, granted I haven't given the best this time around."

"I would hope so... Do not make a mistake- I concede I've gotten lucky myself in several instances, even counting the training I've given my pokemon... But you've made some what I'd consider very doubtful decisions in this battle." Jack says, deciding to not outright say "mistakes" as the lights are turned back on, And him using a resisted attack is non-canon and only GM stupidity and he starts moving over, seemingly to help him be escorted outside the gym- Although continuing their conversation...

"A couple of friends are likely coming in after me, so I guess you can make a decision after meeting them as well."

"Yes... I am already familiar with some of them, I admit."

"Very well... If you're really eager to help, I might have a little task if you'd so desire. It'd help you get... Acquainted with how some things work in this city."

"I'd have you go and meet with the King. Request an audience- Say Jack would like to speak with him."

"You think that is something you could do..?"