PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:16 pm

Pokemon Tabletop United: Trinity Isles

"Pokemon... Strange beings, aren't they? Some are simple, if dangerous- Sticking to fighting with their claws and fangs. But then there are others- Lizards that can breathe fire, Living ice that can shoot shards of ice, Massive beasts that can make the earth tremble... I swear, I once even met one that could talk."

"But the strangest thing of them all is how easily we can tame them- By no small part through these inventions- Pokeballs. I do wonder what the great one up there thought when he decided to create those."

"..."

"Now, some people will say that for them, their relation with pokemon... It's a companionship. They travel together, both seeking to become stronger. And I have no doubt that is the case for many. But many more see them for far less- As tools. Weapons. Living weapons, capable of dealing mass destruction."

"It goes without saying that there's been wars. There's been many, many wars- The world was shattered into different factions, each one contending with each other... And it took a whole lot of death and suffering to bring an end to it all."

"But once it was over... Well, we all pretty much agreed on one thing: never again."

"And so the league was created. A government. Some say that it's done more worse than better. I mean, nowadays you're not even allowed to train pokemon unless you have one of those fancy trainer cards. Personally... I think we'd be off worse without them."

"Each region has it's own league- With it's own rules. Some of them give out pokemon and trainer cards as if they were candy. Here on the Trinity Isles... Things are a bit different. Of course, there's always "legal" ways to get a card. But in most of those ways, you'd need either money, influence, or a whole lot of time and dedication."

"There is, of course an exception... A show of skill- And the league gives you a chance to do just that, with their "tournament"- An event they host every few years, giving potential trainers a chance to show what they've got in store- With rewards for those who come out victorious."

"And one of these events is going to begin very soon... I wonder who the victors will be... And what adventures will await them."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:39 pm

Bjorn, Alex, Izzy, Drake, Elias, James, Tyke, Phoenix, Irene, Koa

Here you finally are- Isosceles city. You, and 9 others you are yet to meet now currently standing in a line- Seems they're holding their "tournament" in a sport stadium, probably refit for the event. You also notice that not everyone in the line seems to be a "rookie" like you- Some of them flaunting with pokemon. You guess they are doing more than only selecting potential trainers to receive a trainer card?

Regardless of what it may be, the 10 potential trainers all sooner or later reach the end of the line, where they all encounter a similar scene- A nurse with bright-pink curled hair giving them a friendly smile- As she asks a question.

"May I have your name please, as well as the rank you'd like to participate in and any pokemon you might have?"

Make a general education check if you want to see if you know anything more about the tournament.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:06 pm

Gen. Edu: 14. Starting off well.
Alex smiles politely back at the nurse, "I'm Alex Sparo. That's s-p-a-r-o. I'm looking to take part in the rookies' rank, with my Timburr. That's acceptable, right?"
Last edited by Dlover on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:18 pm

"Ah hello, madam. My name is James Zora, and I wish to go in the tournament at rookie level. I hope it is not too much of a bother, but I do not have any pokemon."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:32 pm

The dark-skinned young man is busy gazing in wonder at his surroundings when his turn comes up. It takes a tap on the shoulder and a pointing finger from the person behind him to get him going again.

"Heeyyyy," Koa greets the lady amicably with a big smile. "Uh, yeah, sure. My name's Koa, K-O-A, and then Clark. Me and Maguma are gonna be doing the Rookiee tournament!"

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:46 pm

Phoenix looks around at the competition, starting to wonder if he can beat these guys. He turns to look at Spot who he sees is also looking nervous. He puts on a confident smile. Don't worry. We'll smoke them all. Remember that time that Andy tried to take your Rattata? You blew fire so hard he was red for a week! Just keep doing that, and we'll have no problem. Spot seems to feel a little better after that, so Phoenix starts sizing up the competition again. Before he knows it it's his turn at the desk.

"May I have your name please, as well as the rank you'd like to participate in and any pokemon you might have?"

Hi, I'm Phoe... Er, I mean, I'm Mike Smith. I guess I'm a rookie, so that rank. I'd like to fight with Spot here, Phoenix motions to the Growlithe, now sitting and itching his ear. Phoenix gives him a little kick. Stop it, you're making me look bad. He blushes, then turns back to the nurse. Does he need to be in his ball for part of it? I think I have it somewhere... Also, what exactly is the competition going to be like?

Phoenix pats down his pockets, then searches through his backpack until he can find Spot's ball. Sorry, he doesn't use it often, as you can probably tell.

General Edu=7
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by SamWiser on Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:56 pm

Alex
"I'm Alex Sparo. That's s-p-a-r-o. I'm looking to take part in the rookies' rank, with my Timburr. That's acceptable, right?"

"Of course." the nurse replies, continuing to give Alex a friendly smile. "If I may have his pokeball for just a moment?"

Alex meanwhile doesn't have much trouble remembering the finer details of the tournament. While it's true that the primary purpose of the event is still to scout out new trainers, in the past there were often large "breaks" between the several bouts due to needing to heal the pokemon. Hence the league decided to extend the tournament to regular trainers as well, following standard gym levels with some rewards for the winners. Seeing how these battles were starting to draw a crowd, they were then even further extended into this rather large tournament- Now, the winner of each rank even gets to face the local gym leader, hence making it a crowd drawer. And while it's true that the league doesn't make any direct money from the event, technically seen they do get some proceeds from the installments the stadium itself does.

Koa
"Uh, yeah, sure. My name's Koa, K-O-A, and then Clark. Me and Maguma are gonna be doing the Rookiee tournament!"

"That's great dear." the nurse replies, continuing to give Koa a warm smile. "If I may have his pokeball for just a moment?"

Koa meanwhile, has trouble but to recall anything but the basics. Oh well- They're sure to explain all the important stuff inside...
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:14 am

"Certainly, Alex passes the pokeball to the nurse, "Just be careful with it. I would be lost without him. Literally."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:55 am

Alex
"Certainly. Just be careful with it. I would be lost without him. Literally."

"No worries- This will take just a moment."

Accepting Roy's ball, the nurse sticks it in some form of pokeball scanner next to her left- Before turning to the screen to her right, doing some quick typing- Before giving Alex a smile and a nod as she returns the pokeball.

"Waiting room is right through there. Have fun and good luck!"

Phoenix
"Hi, I'm Phoe... Er, I mean, I'm Mike Smith. I guess I'm a rookie, so that rank. I'd like to fight with Spot here." Phoenix says, motioning to the dog currently scratching it's ear.
"Stop it, you're making me look bad."

The nurse's smile widens for just a moment, as she allows Phoenix to continue.

"Does he need to be in his ball for part of it? I think I have it somewhere... Also, what exactly is the competition going to be like?"

"Just for a moment. I need to scan him. You may take him back out afterwards, assuming you can keep him under control."

"As for what the competition is like... Eliza will explain you how it will all work once everyone is inside."

Having said that, Phoenix eventually finds his pokeball, recalling Spot and temporarily handing him over- And after another scan, a nod and a smile, he too is guided further inside- He remembers that there are different ranks of trainers besides his rookie rank participating, as well that Eliza is the name of the local gym leader.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:01 am

"Just for a moment. I need to scan him. You may take him back out afterwards, assuming you can keep him under control."

"As for what the competition is like... Eliza will explain you how it will all work once everyone is inside."

That's no problem. He isn't that dangerous. He mostly fights when there is trouble so he'll be fine before the battles start.

Phoenix releases Spot then walks into the waiting room, having Spot sit in his lap once they get in there.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:14 am

Pulling her hat low over her head, Izzy glances around nervously. Her heart was thumping like a jackrabbit, and she was struggling to overcome the urge to run around laughing and whooping like a maniac.

She had done it! She'd actually done it! She was, for the first time in her young life, free!

The actual escape hadn't been all that impressive or exciting. With just her guitar strung across her back, and a small bag of supplies strapped to her waist, she'd had no trouble simply dropping out of her third-floor window and slipping over the wall's that surrounded the estate. Father's ridiculously over-the-top security was great at keeping intruders out, but had never been designed to keep little girls in.

Not ones that could fly, at any rate.

But, while she'd been calm as anything during the breakout itself - after all, if they'd caught her, the absolute worst they could've done was send her back to her room without supper - now that she was actually out in the open like this, she was struggling to keep her cool and not draw any unnecessary attention.

And it certainly didn't help that she kept catching herself subconsciously hovering a good foot off the ground, so she could see over the crowds of people around her. Why was everyone so bloody tall out here!?

Blinking out of her reverie as she notices that she's finally at the front of the line, Izzy quickly steps forward towards the weird pink lady.
"Hello! Yes! Isab-....err, Izzy! Izzy Gale! That's my name, totally, no super fancy middle parts or anything else!"
".....I'm kinda new at this, sooooo....I guess the lowest rank is the one I want? I don't have a Pokemon, though.....that isn't a problem, is it?"

Giving her broadest nervous smile, Izzy suddenly realises that she actually knows very little about the details of this tournament thing. She had come mainly on a whim, still running off the adrenaline of her great escape, and was so happy to finally be out that she didn't really think things through all that well.....

Gen Edu: 5
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:20 am

Izzy

"Hello! Yes! Isab-....err, Izzy! Izzy Gale! That's my name, totally, no super fancy middle parts or anything else!"

For a moment, the nurse's smile disappears, an eyebrow raised- Before she notes down the name, no questions asked.

".....I'm kinda new at this, sooooo....I guess the lowest rank is the one I want? I don't have a Pokemon, though.....that isn't a problem, is it?"

"Starter rank dear. And no, you don't need any pokemon for starter rank, don't worry. Pokemon are provided, and should you be selected, you will even be allowed to keep one."

"On which note, you may enter through there. Good luck, and have fun."

► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:01 am

Smoothing out his red suit and checking the time on his Pokex, the black-haired young man exuded an air of confidence as he waited in line. While he was of course concerned with how he might perform, that was no excuse for showing it. He glanced over his competition with an appraising eye as he waited his turn; a lot of them who had brought a pokemon had them outside their balls, which struck him as rather short-sighted. Wouldn't it be better to keep that a surprise?

Regardless of the battle wisdom of it, Elias was keeping Stelour in her ball for now. He valued her as a companion, but as a female Riolu with an exotic color pattern, someone else might view her as an easy payday, and the tournament was attracting all walks of life.

Actually, for that matter, what were some of the other trainers doing here? Wasn't this supposed to be strictly for earning a trainer card? Elias contemplated this for a moment, before mentally shrugging his shoulders. Not of consequence.

When he reached the front, Elias stepped forward boldly. "Hello, m'dear. The name's Velori; Elias Akasha Velori. That troublesome middle one is spelled A-K-A-S-H-A." He says in smooth, level tone, flashing a smile. "I have a Riolu with me, by the name of Stelour. That's S-T-E-L-O-U-R, I know that one can be a bit of a confounding one as well..."

However, as he goes to tell her his rank, he makes a rather alarming discovery; in his effort to keep calm, cool, and collected, everything he had read up on regarding the tournament had vanished from his mind in a fit of nerves. He couldn't recall exactly what rank he was supposed to join as, the procedures, the etiquette... everything was gone. With a slightly nervous chuckle, he turns up the charm a bit and adds, "...ah, heh, you wouldn't happen to be able to help me out a bit with the rank, would you? I only got into the city last night, and I fear a few details have managed to slip my mind in the interim with all of this excitement."

General Education (2d6): 2
Charm (3d6+3): 15
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:14 am

Alex takes back Roy's pokeball with a smile and makes his way to the waiting room, twirling his cane as he goes.
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:26 am

This was incredibly daunting. As much as Bjorn hated the snow, the sleet and the wind sometimes, it was home. He stared around at the stadium, with more faces than his entire village, and suddenly the magnitude of the journey he had undertaken had hit him. It had been a long trip down to Isoceles City, and he still wasn't used to the climate, or the amount of people.

He could still picture his father standing with chisel and hammer in hand watching him leave. Although his father had given him permission to try out for the tournament in the hopes of becoming a pokemon trainer, he could see the pain in his face at letting him go, especially after... after Mother....

Back to the task at hand. This meant everything. He had studied, he had prepared, and he wasn't going to waste this precious opportunity.

"Bjorn. With a j. Grunt, my swinub. Rookie rank please."

Gen Edu: 7
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:40 am

Elias
Stepping up, Elias does his best charming impression, though if he woo'd her in any way she doesn't show it- Though she is very helpful once he informs more about the contest.

"...ah, heh, you wouldn't happen to be able to help me out a bit with the rank, would you? I only got into the city last night, and I fear a few details have managed to slip my mind in the interim with all of this excitement."

"Of course. I'm guessing that with only having one pokemon with you, you're here to try and obtain a trainer license, correct? You'll be wanting the starter rank, in that case. I just need to quickly scan your pokemon, and then you may proceed."

And so, barring that Elias had any more questions, he too is guided through a door to a waiting room after scanning the shiny riolu.

Bjorn

Bjorn had come far for this moment- He was not going to let it go to waste. And so, not wasting any time, he goes forth to apply- And with a scan not much later, too enters the waiting room.
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:46 am

Elias nods and thanks the nurse after the scan, and heads inside.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:19 am

James looks a bit wary of the fire pokemon and bird pokemon surrounding him, and he only barely resists the urge to protect himself.

Instead of saying he has no pokemon, he says this: "I have Jasmine and wish to gain a card."

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:28 am

Izzy is oblivious to the weird look given by the nurse, having been rapidly distracted by her own thoughts.
"Starter rank dear. And no, you don't need any pokemon for starter rank, don't worry. Pokemon are provided, and should you be selected, you will even be allowed to keep one."
"Keep one? Yay! I thought I'd have to go out and catch one all on my own! "
"On which note, you may enter through there. Good luck, and have fun."
"Thank you, I will!"

Now even more excited at the thought of getting not just a Trainer Card, but also her very own Pokemon(!), Izzy hurries past the pink lady and through to the waiting room. Thinking back, she remembers how much fun she always had playing with the wild Pidgey on the estate. She would've kept one if she could, but mother called them "flying rats", and told the groundskeepers to chase them off with sticks and clubs if they came too close to the house!

Stopping short of walking into a wall, it takes Izzy a second to figure out that she must be in the waiting room now. Numerous other people, most of them around her age or a little older, are already inside - a couple even appear to have Pokemon already, and seem pretty experienced. After looking around hesitatingly for a few seconds, Izzy goes over and sits down in an empty seat over by the wall, fiddling with her hair and staring off into space as she waits for them to be ready for everyone.

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:46 am

Somewhere in the back of the line, there's a peculiar scene going on. What appears to be a Magnemite, one of the Shiny variety, seems to be plugged into a set of Headphones, randomly sparking to some tune. Headphones which are worn by a rather short girl with a large and Angry Looking Guitar on her back who is bobbing along to whatever music is either somehow stored in the Pokemon or to its own custom beat made internally by electric currents. She is very much into the beat, moving her body along with the tune and tapping her platform boots to the rhythm and occasionally whispering to the 'Mite. She's so into it that she barely notices when she gets to the front of the line.

Assuming the Nurse, or someone else, alerts her in some way to her position, she looks up and squeaks a bit in surprise at her position. "Ohh! Sorry! I...*Ahem* Yeah. I'm Tyke. I mean, My Full name is Laura Nicole Wright, but whatever. Tyke is better. I play Lead Guitar and whatever else I need. And this is Crackle, my Magnemite. He does Special Effects and Electro. And We..." Tyke then pauses, adjusts her Shades, and gets into a Pose, Arms crossed and leaning back, as Crackle starts Crackling, the volume rising with the next sentence. "Are the Brand new Metal Band, GONE WITH THE GYM!" The Magnemite lets out a small but loud Bolt into the floor as the Bands Name is said, then seems let out some sort of Electric Growl that adds to the effect and seems to Echo the last word.

"...Or something like that. We're working on the name. But yeah. We're here to Get our Trainer Card so we can get more Members of the Band..."
► Show Spoiler
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:11 am

"That's great dear. If I may have his pokeball for just a moment?"

"Oh, uhh, sure! Here," he says, handing off Maguma's ball. "What do ya need him for?"

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:39 am

Arriving a tad Late Irene gets in the back of the line watching the crowd slowly disappear inside. Passing the time by dancing with Rythem, the spinda, she eventually reaches the nurse.

Of course I'm Irene Dove, I'd like to enter the starter rank, and I have Rythem a spinda. Turning to the spinda "Alright dear I need to to enter you're pokeball for a few moments." Recalling the pokemon and handing it to nurse Irene waits to get Rythem back so she could go inside.

2d6=12

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:51 am

James
"I have Jasmine and wish to gain a card."

"Of course. Just hand me the ball for a moment, and I'll have him scanned and entered."

And a small moment later, James too is in the waiting room.

Izzy
"Keep one? Yay! I thought I'd have to go out and catch one all on my own! "

The nurse seems a bit taken aback by the energetic Izzy, asking- "...How old were you again dear?"

"Hah, I'm sorry. I'd be excited too in your position! Now come, waiting room is through there. Eliza will be with all of you shortly."

Tyke
The energetic duo works it's way to the front of the line, where they erupt into a loud "duet"- Making the ones nearby complain of noise, as the nurse temporarily reaches to block her ears from all the noise.

"...Or something like that. We're working on the name. But yeah. We're here to Get our Trainer Card so we can get more Members of the Band..."

"Quite..."

"Anyways, you'll be wanting the starter rank in that case. If you could just recall your magnemite for a moment, I can have him scanned and you may proceed."

And barring any further questions, Tyke too soon enters the waiting room.

Koa
"Oh, uhh, sure! Here, What do ya need him for?"

"I just need to scan him for a moment... Make sure that his level is in order, as well as register him..." she says, taking a moment to scan the pokeball, before returning it with a bright smile.

"And he checks out just fine. Good luck, and have fun. Waiting room is through there."

Irene
"Of course I'm Irene Dove, I'd like to enter the starter rank, and I have Rythem a spinda." Irene begins, clearly remembering how everything in the tournament functioned- Not hesitating to recall her spinda for a moment as well, allowing the nurse to scan it. And not a moment later, she too is done and allowed inside.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:35 am

Bjorn, Alex, Izzy, Drake, Elias, James, Tyke, Phoenix, Irene, Koa

Eventually, all trainers inside, all that's left for them to do is wait. Some seek some of the few sparse seats to the side, others prefer to keep standing. The trainers can't help but notice how they're definitely not alone- A lot of people seeming to have traveled here, looking for the same thing they are. You'd have to estimate there's at least 70 people inside- Perhaps going up all the way to a hundred or more, making it a lucky thing that the waiting room seems to be a cafeteria, though with most of the furniture cleared from it for the event.

Eventually though, the people start coming. And after a few stragglers, the door to the next room opens- Emerging from it a rather eye-catching lady. Already of well form, it is only accentuated by her tight-fitting dress- Most of the people in the room immediately recognizing her as Eliza, the local fairy-type gym leader. It would be hard not to know her, after all- As she appears on multiple shows across the region. Many would argue that her... Appearance and fame are the very reason she was made gym leader of the capital city in the first place. And it seemed that, yet again, she was chosen to help host an event.

Swaying her long blonde hair out of the way, she reaches for a microphone- Adressing the crowd.

"Come closer dearies, gather around- You've all been waiting long enough."

"Since most of you don't know what to expect, I'll give you a run-through of how things are going to go. In just a moment, I will be calling off names in groups- Those groups will go with one of my helpers, and be taken to a locker room to select pokemon. Should you not have your own pokemon, you will be temporarily granted three pokemon. One permanently should you be selected."
she says, offering the whole crowd a warm smile. "And those of you that already have a pokeon will temporarily be given two. The selection of pokemon goes as follows- You will be shown three different pokemon. You may select either number of these until you have the three pokemon required, or you may skip them and show three new pokemon. You may do the latter two times. Should you not have picked any pokemon by the third time, you'll be forced to pick from whatever you are offered at that time."

"After a little wait, you'll be granted the pokemon you selected, at which point the actual tournament will begin. There will be three bouts, in which you will be paired against a random opponent. After these three rounds, we'll be tallying wins and knockouts- The 8 highest scoring potential trainers entering an elimination tournament."

"In between the bouts, your pokemon will be healed, and higher ranks will be having their duels in a similar fashion."

"Now, an important thing to note... While pokemon are very though, an event like this is still a very intense experience to them, and there is only so much our medicinal equipment can do. Should one of your pokemon become too injured within reason, our staff will force a resign. Though, usually seen, this should not be an issue."
she says, offering the crowd a smaller smile than before, though undoubtedly still managing to melt some hearts.

"Finally... The matter where you're all here for- The trainer card."

"Technically seen, the only ones who are guaranteed a trainer card are the top 4 players. With that being said, you will all be monitored, and even those who don't get to the final 8 stand a chance to gain a card should we see your capabilities. We even have one of the elite four members to help judge! Most years, we end up with around 20 people total to gain a card... So there's plenty of chance, so show us all you got, okay dearies?"

"Now... Are there any questions?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:49 am

James tries to avoid the bird pokemon as much as possible while the crowd gathers.