PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun May 21, 2017 7:23 pm

"Lies! We protected them from the manetrics. They could have just left us but they didn't! Luna helped the injured one get better... I...I was going to see if one could come with me after all of this...and now one of them is dead, because of us!"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun May 21, 2017 7:38 pm

Alex rests a hand on Haley's head, trying to comfort her, "I understand, I do, but there's nothing we can do about it. We can't always save everyone, and you have to understand that. If we blame ourselves for everything we can't do we couldn't do anything."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon May 22, 2017 2:19 am

Well, that's what the Beat of Restoration is for. All she has to do is last a few more turns, and she's almost unbeatable! Now hit 'em with another Fury Cutter! And I'd say that's a pretty good show on my end! Phoenix turns to the crowd and calls to them. How would you guys like it?!

Charm=16
Acc=8
Power=53
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon May 22, 2017 3:26 am

Bjorn frowns at Haley. "Get a grip girl, that skiddo is a random wild pokemon. Pokemon do this to each other every day. What do you think the carnivores eat?! We do this to pokemon when we catch them. Life isn't butterflies and rainbows. Pokemon know this better than we do."
Last edited by Synch on Mon May 22, 2017 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon May 22, 2017 4:08 am

"Be a little gentler, Bjorn. She's still just a child, she deserves a chance at innocence."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon May 22, 2017 4:42 am

Bjorn looks incredulous. "Hello?! Then what the hells is she doing here?! We're in some secret base trying to stop Godslayers from ending the world! If she can't handle this shit, she can go find a contest somewhere and leave the dirty work to others."
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon May 22, 2017 4:49 am

"We're here because of her, actually. Her and the Spark. She's with us because that thing made some sort of deal with her involving following us, and I find it preferable to be able to keep on eye on here instead of having her follow at a distance and get into trouble."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon May 22, 2017 4:55 am

Haley's eyes tear up when Bjorn says it wasn't a friend. Distraught and heartbroken she goes over to pull the lever., stifling tears. She just wants to get this over with. She doesn't care anymore if she gets hurt.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon May 22, 2017 5:02 am

"Aaand this is why I said to be gentler with her. She'll have to face is eventually, but children get upset easily."
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon May 22, 2017 7:00 am

"Uhh... this gateway thing should be opening any minute now." Koa says aloud without much subtlety, edging closer to the other trainers. "Here's hoping it was what this girl was after, yeah?"

As the trainers and the mystery figure decide what to do about each other, Koa takes the time to try and determine if he recognizes what kind of tree that is in the center of the room. Was it of this world, even? And what about the stone this structure was made of, what kind was it? Should this kind of stone even be here?

5d6+2 = [5, 5, 5, 4, 2] = 23
(I'll bump that to 25, why not)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon May 22, 2017 9:12 am

Irene saw the figure with the sword and gave a slight pout. She was annoyed. In less then a day she's been seperated from her friends, one of them got blown up, two of them got sucked through a portal, and now this women who looks like she was on the brink of death with nothing she can do. Only to be stopped by a figure with a sword. Seconds mattered probably for this figures life and she's being delayed by a figure wielding a sword!

Taking a deep breath Irene channeled all of her frustration into action, or rather lot's and lot's of over the top decorum.
"My goodness, Good evening gracious swordsman. So sorry for dropping by unannounced, and for my misteps causing a bit of a ruckus back near the entrance. You see we are in a slight state of frenzied anxiousness worried about a poor travelling woman's health. The only inkling we were provided to help the poor lass was to head to this very chamber. Surely a person skilled with a blade wouldn't strike down a party seeking medical help, for a traveler. While proper ettiquite does dictate we should have brought of a small favor to show thanks for your hospitality, we were rather unware of you being here, and in a slight rush lacked the forethought to prepare one just incase. Yes I'm certain you would like us to leave, but may we get the traveler to the Gate of Hermes, so she can not shrivel up and die of malnutrion in the meantime? Why I'd even be flattered if you want to inquire about us, but" at this point Irene finally draws a breath as she gestures to the lady in Maku's arms "May we pause discussions till we get her to safety? Yes, YES I know you are truly being a brillant being of magnanimousity by offering safe passage through your home right? I know, I know it's just a silly women's wish to avoid conflict, but hopefully I haven't bad that sour of an impression you wish to attack us where we stand, and risk the travelers life?" FInally finishing her ridiculous monologue, she whisks her left foot behind her right, and goes into a deep curtsy

Irene charm [5d6] = 26 28 if the person is actually a psychic type pokemon avatar.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:52 am

Drake whispers, almost inaudible to seemingly no one as he knows an invisible pokemon is right next to him. What he doesn't know is that the pokemon in question for once didn't spot everything and then some compared to his owner.

"Hypnosis if he moves."

Drake will do his best to pretend not noticing the guy in question, maybe they will catch a break for once if they pretend nothing is happening. He'll try to keep the guy in his peripheral view at all times. Drake will move around the tree as he looks at it for any signs and tries to remember anything that might be relevant for his current situation.

"Better not touch it in case it's related to the gateway, wouldn't want to disrupt anything."

Drake occult edu: 6d6 = [5, 5, 4, 3, 3, 2] = 22
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:47 pm

EDIT: Spotting the figure in the shadows as they enter the room, Izzy stops - gesturing towards the others that there's someone up there.

Izzy watches the strange figure carefully as Irene delivers her verbous spiel. She doesn't make any aggressive moves, but readies herself to grab a weapon should things go south. Eddie likewise coils himself up defensively, while Maku cradles the woman in such a way that the figure can see her, but not get an easy shot.

They hadn't been attacked yet, though. So that was a good sign....right?

Perception: 18

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue May 23, 2017 8:01 am

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

"They weigh almost 70 pounds. They are hard for normall people to carry let alone 'little girls' like me."

"Yeah, well, you're not carrying it, are you?"

"Nah. I am going to search all the rooms I please."

"No, you're not." the girl spoke with a tone very much implying it was not a choice. "Because if you do, I'm either gonna have to make sure you regret it, or that you don't even get the chance to regret it."

"Besides-" she continues, waving it off, "It's just a couple rooms. Like, stay away from this side and we'll be fine-" she speaks, motioning in one direction of the complex. "It's where I live."

"Haley, don't antagonise it. I get that you're upset about the skiddo, but whatever it is, if it doesn't want to bother us then we're better off not bothering it. We've still got trouble ahead of us, so we need to conserve our strength."

"Hey look, I already said I'm sorry, okay? I thought they were just wild. I'd rather not have to end up dishing out another round of ass-kicking against someone who was just angry."

Following this, the trainers turn to... Squabbling among themselves mostly, as they eventually don't even seem to bother finding out whether it's alive or not... And left mildly in tears as Haley ends up pulling the lever in frustration- The girl soon finding a pair of arms wrapping around her, albeit too late to stop her, as Luna is there to provide at least a shoulder to cry on, as she shushes that everything will be okay...

Well, if it WILL be okay- The door they came from closing as the sirens blare once more, even the creepy little girl calling out: "Hey, be careful in there! Even I have no idea what is supposed to be in there!"

Soon, the door is completely closed, a steam-like substance entering the room as visions are obscured... Before vents seem to kick in, venting out most of it as the door in front of them begins to open... Most of the trainers stand ready, as... My god.

MY GOD.

There's nothing there.

Well, not nothing. There IS a hallway ahead of them, 2 heavy iron doors on each side, and one on the very end of the hallway... And another camera that seems to faintly be following their motions.

Koa, Drake, Izzy, Irene

Cautiously, the trainers enter the room, Koa non too subtly stating out loud what they're here for, as Izzy as quietly as possible tries to alert the others to the presence lurking silently from above... Intentions are unclear, especially if they don't want to just give away their position, Isabella almost doing as much when for a brief moment it looks as if she's going to be staring straight up... But his sword at the ready seems to betray the figure is at the very least ready for a fight... Leading the trainers to pretend to be occupied with other things as they shadow him to their best abilities: Koa and Drake in fact even doing so productively, as they begin examining the tree. Koa finding that the tree is... He would not claim for it to be from a "different world", and neither would he think the stone to be. The latter he is in fact quite sure to be from this world, although mildly out of place. It's an ordinary rock, albeit one that is not usually found in this area, or from this size... And it is also, quite evident, that the whole room is artificial, not natural.

The tree, though... It's harder. He would not claim the tree to be alien looking, as it for a large part seemed to resemble an ordinary tree, but to be fair he would have no idea what exact kind it is... Besides that, at the least, it is quite large, and likely also does not belong in the immediate surroundings... If it even IS a tree. By far the oddest thing about it seemed how it... "fossilized"? He's hardly even sure if that is what happened, or if it's just a very, VERY detailed piece of artwork. But while he doesn't feel like he can use his powers to try and "bend" the tree, it feels more like stone than it does wood... All in all, it seems like it is natural, but... Something "unnatural" must have happened to it some time long, long ago.

Drake meanwhile looks at things from another perspective, trying to figure out if he can remember anything about something like this... Hit by an old verse of an ancient tale as he gazes upon the tree, one almost as old as time. He quickly dismisses it as being folly, impossible, too much even for what they've already been through- Then again, they've already encountered a lot of exotic sights, thought to be either lost or non-existent... And a thought remains a thought, far fetched as it might be... As he recalls a passage about the story of Adam and Eve:

"And so Arceus wove his hands over the tree of knowledge, from which Eve had picked the forbidden fruit. Thunder struck, as it's many leaves fell, and it's bark turned white and stone- Never to bear fruit again."

Off course, as they were deliberating this and considering how they'd deal with the watcher, Irene sees fit to try and deal with the character her own way... Spitting an obnoxiously long and uninterrupted monologue as it's made quite clear they know of his presence. Somehow despite that though, she seems to exhibit an amazing amount of charm... Which might have made the difference between the figure hesitating, and just outright attacking... As a couple moments are spent of silent anticipation are spent before the figure leaps from the wall, landing a slight distance away from the trainers... 'Cloak' soon revealing itself to be more along the lines of a cape, as he swivels the dark red around him... To point his glowing blade towards the trainers, green eyes staring daggers at them. The more intuitive trainers that while this was merely a warning, it was far less than he had intended to give at first, likely persuaded only by... Something Irene must have said. The man held a rather young appearance, seeming like he'd only be a couple years above that of the trainers. Short, rough, blonde hair on his head, and no other facial hair to speak off, he wore rather... Strange apparel. Besides the glowing sword and cape, his "suit" seemed padded with pieces of white metal plate, under which a fine woven, black silk lay... And he spoke:

"I will not be deceived by a silken tongue, devil. You may have fooled Gaia, but you can not deceive the eye of a justiciar- I see through your mimicry, your attempt to trick me into believing you as one of us, and I see the higher lord you obey..."

"Hand her over- Lest I am required to fulfill my holy duty."

Phoenix

"Well, that's what the Beat of Restoration is for. All she has to do is last a few more turns, and she's almost unbeatable! Now hit 'em with another Fury Cutter! And I'd say that's a pretty good show on my end!"

"Haha, don't get too cocky kid! Have to play nice to give rookies a chance, and I got the feeling you're growing out of the rookie rank... And things ain't over yet! Might have a couple more things I can try before I throw in that towel..." Nick commands, as Dracula hits with another fury cutter... Knocking out the flaaffy!

Next up is the emolga again.

Current song: beat of restoration
3 turns till next song

Dracula(17/22) +4 DEF, +1 others 28/80, flinched
Glowstick(chinchou)(17) KO
Butterwings(Emolga)(16)
Kanga(13/21) 73/98
Cris(13) 6/66 recalled
Mane(luxio)(10) KO
Spot(8/13) paralyzed, recalled
Major(magnemite)(5) KO
Fluff(flaaffy)(5) KO

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue May 23, 2017 9:00 am

"That's weird... it's like the tree's petrified, but like it's been really well preserved, yeah? Only thing that's missing is the leaves." Koa offers to Drake as he looks at it, too.

Then the 'Justicar' jumps down and starts waving his sword around and making demands.

"Look, we're not really inclined to hand this poor girl over to the first guy that points a sword at us, yeah? How are we supposed to know you're this girl's friend, huh, and not some weirdo that came looking for this gate thing like we did?"

"I'm thinking she stays with us for now. You said her name's Gaia? If you care about her, then we can just wait for the gate to open and get her what she needs."

Koa watches the man for a reaction.
Intuition on Justicar: 5d6+4 = [4, 4, 3, 2, 2] = 19

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:28 am

Drake gives Koa a short reply after he shares his findings.

"If stories are to be believed, this might very well be the first apricorn tree to be used for making pokeballs.. I'm kinda inclined to go with those stories as truth as of late.."

After both Irene and Koa have spoken, Drake attempts to de-escalate the situation. He can't help but give a sharp glare to the always heroic Koa.
"Are you Hermes or do you know how to get hold of him soon? She asked for his sun before she fainted..
On another note, just which higher lord do you think we serve?"

Drake human charm: 2d6 = [4, 1] = 5
Drake poke charm: 6d6 = [5, 5, 4, 3, 3, 2] = 22
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue May 23, 2017 12:26 pm

Haley looks at her annoyed. "How would you feel if something or someone you cared about was destroyed or killed?" Haley rolls her eyes at the threat, but says nothing.

---
Haley eyes the camear and releases Jackie and points to the camera. "Destroy that. I don't care how."

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue May 23, 2017 1:07 pm

"I will not be deceived by a silken tongue, devil. You may have fooled Gaia, but you can not deceive the eye of a justiciar- I see through your mimicry, your attempt to trick me into believing you as one of us, and I see the higher lord you obey..."

"Hand her over- Lest I am required to fulfill my holy duty."

Irene stares for a few seconds. "Excuse me? Decieve you? I never claimed to be one of you. I just said we wanted to help. You say to hand her over while you're brandishing a sword? Why would we give a person in need of aid to someone who makes a threat before anything else?"

Irene winces realizing her words a little harsh so she says again in a softer voice.
"Sorry, we're both in high stress situations. You said her name is Gaia? We can agree that we both want to help her ok? These suits are just to hide us from those who seek to murder, us, and the legends of this realm. If you can take Gaia to where she can get the medical aid she needs, we'll entrust her to you, but we need to know she's going to an ally, and not anyone else, ok?" Irene tries to get a read on the guy, but is more conceerned about talking him out of combat, then anything else at the moment.

Irene charm [5d6] = 13 probability control on charm
Irene charm [5d6] = 18
Irene intuition [2d6] = 4

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue May 23, 2017 5:14 pm

Alex steps out into the hall, looking around before moving to the closest door on the left, checking to see if there's a lock of some sort, "The camera already sees us, so it probably won't help. But I guess if we have to run and hide destroying them may save us some trouble."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue May 23, 2017 5:39 pm

Haley says flatly. "I don't care. I just wanted to have something destroyed. Seemed the camera was fair game."

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue May 23, 2017 9:41 pm

Bjorn claps her on the back. "That's the spirit! Don't get upset, get even!"
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:24 am

Izzy opts to let Irene take the lead on the whole negotiating thing. She seemed to be doing alright so far - you know, since they hadn't been attacked by the weirdo with the glowng sword. Yet....

She does chime in to help a bit though, as the stranger mentions them being "deceivers".

"We're not robots, by the way. They're just suits. You know, if you're confused about the whole "no Aura" thing. You wouldn't be the first person we've met today who got the wrong idea...."

Charm: 15 (if I can, I'd like to ignore this and just add +2 to Irene's Charm roll as an Assisted Skill Check instead)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 24, 2017 5:28 pm

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

"How would you feel if something or someone you cared about was destroyed or killed?"

"I'd hunt down the ones responsible, to the end of the earth if I must, and make them pay."

"That's where there's a problem though. To make them pay, you have to be stronger than the other party... And that's where we probably differ."

---

Regardless, the trainers are soon within the complex... Haley wasting no time on having her pokemon smash another camera- Jackie frying it with no issue as it's lights go blank...

Cameras destroyed: 2/42

It's not a moment after a voice seems to arise from... Nowhere in particular..? It sounds vaguely feminine, but mostly robotic:

"Please refrain from damaging any sensitive equipment."

The voice has a pause go briefly through the trainers as Alex decides to check out the first door on his left... And, well, the other doors while he's at it. It looks like, while all of them are strong, the only one with an actual lock seems to be the door at the end of the hallway- Which on first glance, is indeed locked...

Koa, Drake, Izzy, Irene

"That's weird... it's like the tree's petrified, but like it's been really well preserved, yeah? Only thing that's missing is the leaves."

"If stories are to be believed, this might very well be the first apricorn tree to be used for making pokeballs.. I'm kinda inclined to go with those stories as truth as of late.."

"Wh- That can't be right- That'd mean, that..."

"Underground temple, literal gods, ancient abominations that break apart space and time at will..."

"...Okay, it... It sounds insane, but maybe... What does that mean, though..? Why here..?"

---

"Look, we're not really inclined to hand this poor girl over to the first guy that points a sword at us, yeah? How are we supposed to know you're this girl's friend, huh, and not some weirdo that came looking for this gate thing like we did?"

The man narrows his eyes, although Koa seems able to make out that it's in apparent deliberation... Likely for a part thinking that Koa is actually raising a good point- As he's either looking for something to prove his position, or a convincing lie...

"I'm thinking she stays with us for now. You said her name's Gaia? If you care about her, then we can just wait for the gate to open and get her what she needs."

To that, however, he scowls- Sword pointing towards him now as he speaks with conviction:

"And allow YOUR kind to try and slip into my world? Do you think I do not realize what you are trying to do?!"

"No- I will not allow it. Never again."
he said, words spoke with a clear determination. It was very obvious that, for reasons unbeknownst to Koa, he did not trust any of them. Perhaps, for part including how they're keeping a hold on 'Gaia'... For which... As far as Koa can tell, he does seem actually worried about her, eyes flicking to her occasionally between shifting to the trainers as if inspecting to make sure nobody tries anything. But it is hard to tell with how his mind seems to be mostly on the latter.

"Are you Hermes or do you know how to get hold of him soon? She asked for his sun before she fainted.."

"So she told you that, did she..? I wonder what else you forced out of her." the man spoke, pausing briefly before continuing, briefly lowering his sword to take on a more knightly pose- Sword to the side and fist on his chest... Briefly closing his eyes, before he seems to decide he's not trusting that and opening him as he continues his introduction.

"I am holy knight Hermes, guardian and justiciar of Babylon. Former court courier, slayer of greed and envy, serving..." he paused, trailing for a moment...

"I'll spare you my full title. Yes- I am Hermes. And this is my fragment of the sun." he spoke, holding his sword aloft- As it glowed brightly for a moment, hurting the trainer's eyes before it dimmed.

"...But you should know that..."

On another note, just which higher lord do you think we serve?"

The man seemed to pause, as if mulling it over... His answer, just like a lot he has said, rather cryptic:

"I admit I am uncertain which lord you seem to answer to... Lust, perhaps? You do seem to have a way with appearances and words... It doesn't matter."

"Excuse me? Decieve you? I never claimed to be one of you. I just said we wanted to help. You say to hand her over while you're brandishing a sword? Why would we give a person in need of aid to someone who makes a threat before anything else?"

"You- You know why! Stop pretending ignorance!" the man says, Koa getting the sense that the man is trying to peek through what he seems convinced to be must be lies- And it is so much harder to convince someone if they are convinced you're wrong from the get go...

"Sorry, we're both in high stress situations. You said her name is Gaia? We can agree that we both want to help her ok? These suits are just to hide us from those who seek to murder, us, and the legends of this realm. If you can take Gaia to where she can get the medical aid she needs, we'll entrust her to you, but we need to know she's going to an ally, and not anyone else, ok?"

"We're not robots, by the way. They're just suits. You know, if you're confused about the whole "no Aura" thing. You wouldn't be the first person we've met today who got the wrong idea...."

There was a brief pause... Before the man raised his sword once more- Albeit a tad conflicted...

"So you openly admit to being impure... And then expect mercy?!"

"I have been trained well. I know to never trust your kind."

"...But for the sake that you have motives that do not require you to harm Gaia- Or if very simply, you desire your own lives safety over the will of your lord."

"Hand. Her. Over."

"I will help her- If that is a promise you somehow require."

You get the sense he's not gonna take "no" for an answer twice...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 24, 2017 6:07 pm

Haley gives her a scrowl she knows she can beat her with her mons. Instead she gives a reluctant sigh, weary.

Haley takes a look at the door and the mechanisms. She looks at Jackie and looks around for more cameras to blow up. Because she needs to get some frustration out somehow.
"I don't care what that thing thinks she is, constantly threatning me because she believes I can't do anything about it. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF EVERYONE TREATING ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING INVALID JUST BECAUSE I AM YOUNG OR THAT I AM A KID!"
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 24, 2017 6:24 pm

Alex drops a hand gently on Haley's head, "Relax. It's trying to scare us off so that we won't be a threat. I know you're as strong as any of us. Now, how about we check the side rooms before going for the main door."
My game:

My characters: