PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by M0rtimer » Sun May 07, 2017 4:24 pm

Drake, Koa, Izzy, Irene

It takes but a couple moments for Drake to feel it. This... Pull- Like that arm and it's extended claws are pulling at his very essence, the very fabric of his being. It's not a painful experience, but definitely not a pleasurable one either. It simply feels... Wrong. For a brief moment, some of this feeling culminates as he feels something happening near his chest, powerless to hide against it. And he- And everyone else nearby- See an unown extracted from his body... And flung right into the GRAND OVERSEER's greedy claw.

Drake lost 1 misc exp.

And the intensity of whatever spell he's been put under is only increasing- Like the GRAND OVERSEER is not content with just a little bit... He's going to be taking more before he's done.

But not if his friends have a say in the matter- Irene does what she can, pulling up a mist in the hopes it might disorient the GRAND OVERSEER as it mixes with his own "dark mist"- Admittedly, it does not seem to do much, but the actions of others are more direct... Koa jumping in front of Drake as he tries to protect both, rooting himself steeply in the ground. The claw seems to pause for a moment... Koa, of all people, should know how futile it was to try and stop him like this, and yet here the foolhardy hero stood... For a moment it waited seeming to deliberate going around, or through him... Finally opting for the former, as when he cannot move the boy himself, he'll move the very earth below him- Taking a chunk out of the earth as Koa is flung to the side regardless of how rooted he might have been, before it's sights turn back to Drake...

And before it can do anything else now it is Nate to intercept, teleporting Drake off before the GRAND OVERSEER can focus again. Again it shifts to face his new position, seeming increasingly agitated at the trainers persistence...

And then Isabella jumps in front, too.

"So it's just him you want? You'll have to go through all of us, first!"

There's a pause. For a moment, it's looking like he just might...

But eventually, it seems like it no longer finds it worth it. Be it that you lost his interest, that you are not worth the effort, or maybe it still just has a mess to fix... The claw retreats- The aura of oppression fades, and the portal he came through closes, putting an end to the madness.

The trainers won the battle!
Everyone earns 3 misc exp!
Everyone earns 275 exp to distribute among their pokemon!
Koa has captured a lvl 40 Quiet Nihilego with beast boost, poison touch and neurotoxin!
Drake has captured a lvl 50 careful Celesteela with beast boost, heatproof and afterburn!

Rather expectedly, the trainers dexes buzzes not much later:

Code: Select all

Guys! D:

Are you all alright?! D:

Oh, it seems like you are... Mostly... :)

Geeze, Koa, what'd you do to piss him off..? :/
Haley, Alex

"Okay so it's one of the keys on the recorder and the computer. I will look at the computer to see what I can find." Haley states, Alex assisting for a while... Just smashing all the buttons on the keyboard with no direction doesn't seem to do anything, though- At least, nothing that they can notice... It occurs to them that it could probably be REALLY hard to actually figure out what it might be, since for all they know it's not a single key, but a whole keyphrase behind the computer. They briefly consider just asking the spark to tell them as this is starting to sound like an "let's see how far you can get without getting stuck" situation, before Haley notices that the scientist guy seemed to have quite a collection of games... And one application with a name so silly she's pretty sure it's not a real one- Activating it as it opens up to a black screen, stating simply: "Connection active".

That's probably it! Now they just have to figure out the recorder...

Phoenix

Luxio and dracula trade blows- The Luxio biting Dracula for 42(13) damage!

Current song: song of life
1 turns remaining.

Dracula(17/22) +3 DEF 32/80, flinched
Glowstick(chinchou)(17) KO
Butterwings(Emolga)(16)
Kanga(13/21) 73/98
Cris(13) 6/66 recalled
Mane(luxio)(10) heavily injured
Spot(8/13) paralyzed, recalled
Major(magnemite)(5) KO

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun May 07, 2017 4:58 pm

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun May 07, 2017 5:21 pm

Bjorn summons ice to his palms, ready to unleash at the hint of trouble, and pokes open the Ghetsis door with his foot.
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun May 07, 2017 6:19 pm

sighing Irene recalls Cygnus. Looking over Koa and Izzy she asks. "What happened to you two? How did you guys anger him so much?

"we should also get moving. Koa do you need help walking?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun May 07, 2017 6:59 pm

+4 to the tech edu.

... God, Commander was meant to make Alex more capable as an individual, but he's just become more of a support character. :meh:
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun May 07, 2017 10:12 pm

And just like that, the sky returns to exactly how it was, as if nothing ever happened. Koa might have believed it, too, as if it were all some big dream or hallucination or something. Moments later his body proves to him otherwise, pain and fatigue beginning to take hold as the adrenaline wears off.

Koa's knees threaten to buckle, and Irene offers him assistance.
"N-no I... I, I, I j-just need a minute," he says shakily, weakly waving her off as he slumps to the ground. He rolls over on his back, breathing quick and shallow. He yanks his helmet off, tries to wipe the blood from under his nose away but only smearing it a bit, and covers his eyes with an arm. Its probably apparent to everyone present that, as painful as his injuries looked, they didn't seem to be what was bothering him.

Koa stays like that for a bit, during which Sula snuggles up to and does her best to console him and Analo hovers overhead with worry. Eventually Koa's breathing slows as he makes some effort to regain his composure, and he manages to sit up, albeit wincing as he does so.

Koa finally opens his pokedex to read the Spark's question. With that reminder, he waves Analo off to retrieve the pokeball laying a little ways off while Koa sets up the Zangoose's ball to return to the PC. When Analo returns with the ball, Koa just looks at it for a long moment, barely believing what it contained.
"I, um... I caught one of his kids...."

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon May 08, 2017 2:30 am

"Izzy are you ok?"

Izzy seems surprised by Irene's question, glancing down to look at herself in case there's was some life-threatening injury she missed.

"Huh? Oh, I'm fine. Maybe...I think I might have grazed my knee a little? But yeah...Koa....."

Rifling through her bag, Izzy pulls out some of her medical supplies. First thing she does clean his wounds, before applying a Poultice to his worst injury, pulling off the tattered remnants of the previous one she gave him.

First Aid Kit (Medicine Check): 5hp restored [-1AP] (presumably Jeremey can help, making his own Med Check to restore some HP)

Then, once she's sure Koa isn't about to drop dead, she goes and gives her stoic Ferroseed a careful hug, apologising for leaving her to face those....things alone. Not that Fern seems to really give a shit. If anything, she looks eager to take down more of them!

"So...what now? Do we keep going to that anomaly thing? Or get the heck out of here? Kay got knocked out, so I can't really do much scouting for us anymore..."

"Maku could carry you, if it hurts to walk, Koa. And....what do you mean 'kids'? Those things were his children?!"

► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon May 08, 2017 2:37 am

Another Fury Cutter

Accuracy=4
Power=44
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon May 08, 2017 3:46 am

Drake stands completely still for a moment, not believing it's over. Conflicting emotions seems to well up inside Drake for a brief moment before it looks like rage is the one winning and taking over a clearly flustered Drake.

"Koa! You.. you idiot! Why did you? I mean look at you! What were you even?!"

Drake let's himself slump to the ground hiding his face for a moment before grabbing his knees forcefully, hoping no one will notice him shaking while he tries to regain his usual composure.

"I didn't.. I'm sorry.. Thank you guys.."

Drake will do his best to avoid eye contact with the others as he sits on the ground mulling over stuff as Ghos brings him the pokeball with the celesteela.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon May 08, 2017 7:25 am

Koa smiles weakly as Izzy tends to him.
"Thanks... and for coming after me, too. When I heard you'd gone in, I...," Koa trails off, turning his head, ashamedly.

"Koa! You.. you idiot! Why did you? I mean look at you! What were you even?!"

Koa winces at Drake's outburst. He was right, of course. What did Koa expect to happen when he caught one of those things? For the Overseer to sit idly by and let that go unpunished?
"...I dunno. It just... felt like a Rock-type. I thought maybe I could make friends with it, maybe figure out more about all this weird stuff that's happening all the time? I just didn't think I'd get it straight from the source...," Koa says with a shudder.

"That Overseer guy... he held me there in front of him and talked into my head. Like a psychic would, but with the volume turned all the way up. It felt like he was gonna melt my brain, and maybe he would've? I dunno, I didn't stick around long enough to find out."

Koa opens his mouth, but hesitates for a moment. It hadn't occurred to him at the time how stupid this was, until just now.
"Uhm... well you know that plastic explosive I found back in the cave? Well I felt that was my best shot at getting him to let go of me, it's not like I could just break free ya'know? So I waited for him to look away, which he did-," Koa looks at Izzy suddenly, "was that you? I dunno, the Overseer looked away for some reason, and he started reaching through this other portal. Shoot, you might've saved me after all! But yeah, I um... so I took the bomb and then... set it to a few seconds, slapped it on his wrist, covered my face, and... well, it blew up. And it hurt, a lot. And it... didn't do anything to the Overseer. It might've scuffed his hand a bit? It definitely annoyed him! He said if I didn't wanna listen, then fine, and he dropped me back out the portal."

"What about you?" Koa asks Izzy. "It doesn't look like he got to you? What happened to you in there?"

Eventually the conversation moves on to what the trainers plan on doing from here.
"So...what now? Do we keep going to that anomaly thing?

"We might as well, yeah? It's not like anything worse could happen than... that", Koa says, gesturing at the now-empty sky. "I figure we should rest up a bit, though. You guys want some drinks to get you going? I'm not so hurt I can't mix some up."

"Maku could carry you, if it hurts to walk, Koa. And....what do you mean 'kids'? Those things were his children?!"

"I think I can walk fine. And yeah, that's what he called them. And he said that if he finds out I'm hurting her," he says, hefting the Nihilego's pokeball, "well he's gonna do a lot more than just kill me - he'll do a bunch of bad stuff to my soul, too. I mean I didn't need the extra motivation, but... we should be extra careful with 'em, yeah? I figure that goes for you, too." Koa says with a meaningful look to Drake.
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:05 am

Drake quits his sulking as he stares at Koa and shakes his head in disbelief

"Wait, you got this hurt because you basically suicide bombed him? But you're wrong, that's not the reason I yelled at you.. I'm just as guilty in that regard.."

Drake looks away from the others shamefully

"I'm just as curious about them if not more.. But you shouldn't have jumped in front of me in your current condition.. you could have gotten a more permanent injury or worse by putting yourself in his path once more. I'm really grateful, but it's really reckless of you.."
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon May 08, 2017 8:29 am

"Wait, you got this hurt because you basically suicide bombed him?"

"Well I blew myself up 'cause it felt like I was getting torn apart just... being near the thing! I was... kinda desperate, yeah?"

"But you shouldn't have jumped in front of me in your current condition.. you could have gotten a more permanent injury or worse by putting yourself in his path once more. I'm really grateful, but it's really reckless of you.."

"Yeah, well... I guess I figured you wouldn't fare so well in there. I didn't really think about it, I just... did."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:59 am

"I guess you're right.. I don't have fancy rock powers or the like.. I'm sorry, shouldn't have said anything, I'm ready to go when you are up for it."

Drake will recall Ala and spend the time walking around amongst the ultra beasts and take a better look at them now that they aren't fighting back and Koa is making some rejuvenating drinks.

► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon May 08, 2017 9:09 am

"I know you were desperate, but please don't be so reckless." Irene starts shaking her head. "How did this turn into a situation where half of us ended up kidnapping a god's children? no wonder he got mad..." Irene looks over the battlefield at where the things just a few moments ago seemed much more dire.

"Are you sure about going to another spot like this, do we really want to? If we meet more people explaining Koa's condition would be sorta hard. Cause what wild pokemon would only injure one of us like that? Although that said, we can't really go into a town like this anyways."

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:10 am

"You blew yourself up! The hell, Koa?! How were we supposed to save you if you went and got yourself killed?!"

For a second it looks like Izzy might just smack Koa. And Drake too, for good measure. But then she gets herself under control...or maybe she just doesn't want to undo all that effort which went into patching up his wounds? Either way she gives the pair of them a scowl, then turns back to the matter at hand.

"Anyway...yeah, I think I'm what distracted him. Cogs took me to this room full of gears and stuff, and showed me you could take them off. So me and Maku started to....take more off? Like, a lot more. Maku might have smashed a couple, too. Then the Overseer noticed and got all pissed with us, and stuck his arm in and started waving it around. But we 'ported out before he could grab us."

"I....think I hit my knee on the way out? Not really sure, it was pretty crazy to be honest."

"Whatever we did worked though? I'm guessing it messed up whatever was sending the monsters through, since they stopped coming once we broke it."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon May 08, 2017 9:28 am

Koa hangs his head a bit at what was probably some well-deserved reprimands.
"Look, you guys weren't there, you didn't know how bad it was - the Overseer did worse to me than the bomb did, I think. It was either do something or... hope he didn't turn me to paste, I guess."

Then Izzy starts talking about some sort of machine room? What would an thing like the Overseer need machines for?
"Well I can't imagine what else might've stopped those things from coming through, so I guess you saved us all, huh?" Koa says with a grateful smile.
"...Who's Cogs?"

Then he turns his attention to Drake again.
"How are you doing, by the way? I saw him pull... something out of you. You OK?"
Last edited by SuperVaderMan on Mon May 08, 2017 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:32 am

"I don't feel different, at least not something noticably.. I think it was an unown, not sure what that means though.."

Also Drake is looking at the ones we knocked out, unless I missed the overseer taking them back
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:08 am

"...Who's Cogs?"

"Oh, right! He's, uhh....like, this little ball of gas? Really cute, too. I saw him through the portal, when I was looking for you. And he waved, so....I kinda flew in? I guess I thought he might be able to help? I dunno, he looked friendly at the time. Plus I was kinda desperate sooooo...."

"Anyway, I was right! Whoever he is, he knows the Overseer. And the Overseer knows him, at least well enough to know his name: Cosmog. (I like Cogs better though.) And I got the feeling he likes to mess around with the Overseer, too. Not maliciously or anything - just playing around with his stuff. Not sure he was expecting me to break things quite as much as I did, heh...."

"His house was this temple, kinda floating in the middle of nowhere. I don't think the Overseer could reach us there? He didn't try to chase after us, at least. And Cogs has this pool there, which shows....everything, I guess? Like a TV, but the channels are different dimensions or worlds or something. I tried asking him to show me some places, like the other temples, but explaining it was....tough. And then you guys started doing stupid shit, so I had to come back before he got yourselves killed jumping in after me!"

As she explains her epic adventure, Izzy has an idea. Pulling out her sketchbook, she quickly tries to draw out a few pictures of Cosmog, before the memory of him fades too much. Not to mention the strange star temple he lived in.

Perception: 26

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon May 08, 2017 10:21 am

"Sounds a lot like the Fairy temple's fountain, just stronger, I guess."

"...We really gotta invest in some walkie-talkies or something. So we don't keep freaking out trying to save each other when things are fine, yeah?"

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon May 08, 2017 10:47 am

"Maybe those machines help stabilize the portal? The legendaries seem to be a little more limited in terms of power scope, like Diancie... I can't really picture her opening a giant portal. Maybe it's the same with the OVersear? He's powerful, but only in his specilities?"

"Aaaaw that little guy is super cute!"

"That would be helpful, but where would we find transdimensional walkie talkies? "

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue May 09, 2017 5:33 am

Haley, Alex

The party continues on with investigating the offices, now moving to the recorder... Here, checking through things, Haley eventually figures it might work in a similar mechanism to the computer, in where a specific thing must be "started"... And there are some tapes there! Let's see... Movie, movie, some kind of "report" video on a city attack... Eventually she does find one that seems out of place among the others- Picking it out and putting it in, as the screen turns to... Static.

...Which, apparently, is the expected response.

Wow! :)

I was sure you were gonna need to ask for help. ;)

Good job! :)

Remind me that is worth "a point" once you meet your friends again sometime in the future... ;)

Now, you'll just need to go down a level and into the room directly behind you. :)

A secret door should have opened. ;)

Maybe go get Bjorn first, though? :)

Before he wastes his time on a mostly looted ship. ;)
Bjorn

Bjorn very cautiously opens one of the doors, but finds his efforts to be cautious a bit overzealous- The room completely empty and no threats in sight... yet.

Ahead of him seems to be a room with luxury accommodations: A nice bed, a computer, office to one side, multiple tv screens to one side of the room... Still, some of the place almost seems to resemble a crime scene- Little markers put all over the room as if to "profile" the person that used to live in the room... And while some of these things seem quite recently disturbed, a lot of it has gathered dust in what seems to have been an abandoned effort.

Phoenix

Dracula tries to swing for the Luxio... But misses!

"Good dodging, Mane! Knew you could do it- Now, ya know the drill... Not much else that this is gonna hurt this thing, so bite it!" Nick commands... Before missing himself.

"Hah! Hey Doremy, stop trying to confuse it with that music of yours!"

"I've not even put on one of my own tracks! 'sides, next song is queuing up... Let's see which one of you two gets to pick!"

Current song: None
Awaiting sweet moves!

Dracula(17/22) +3 DEF 32/80, flinched
Glowstick(chinchou)(17) KO
Butterwings(Emolga)(16)
Kanga(13/21) 73/98
Cris(13) 6/66 recalled
Mane(luxio)(10) heavily injured
Spot(8/13) paralyzed, recalled
Major(magnemite)(5) KO

Drake, Koa, Izzy, Irene

The battle over, everyone takes a moment to take a step back and recuperate... And given the mess no one really seems to mind or question Irene being there, either- As they begin conversing... Irene first offering Koa some help while also questioning just what they did to piss him off- Koa shrugging it off as he gets out an reply...

"I, um... I caught one of his kids...."

What.

I thought those...

Well, evidently not. :)

Still... That'd do the the trick, yes! :)
Following this, Izzy provides some quick first aid to Koa, Jeremy also chiming in to help- Actually stopping Izzy before she can apply her last poultice.

"Erm... Izzy, if you don't mind, could I have that..? I can probably use it a bit more efficiently..."

Assuming there's no protest, Jeremy spends a couple minutes treating the poultice, eventually evending with three restorative patches... Each of which looks to be just as strong as the original, although needing a bit more care to be applied- Which doesn't really matter given the circumstance. He also heals Koa for an additional 15 HP.

"So...what now? Do we keep going to that anomaly thing? Or get the heck out of here? Kay got knocked out, so I can't really do much scouting for us anymore..."

"I do have a couple revives..." Jeremy chimes in, although Isabella does not look so enthusiastic about the prospect of pushing on. "I mean, even if we can take some time to heal our pokemon... I think we've hit our insane shit quota for like, a week. I'm not sure if we should continue, or just count our blessings, lick our wounds, and actually get to Murkoff."

Following this, as Koa and Izzy both explain what happened, there seems to be a lot to talk about... Drake having a minor episode and things briefly turning sentimental. Some of the others occasionally chiming in on some stuff...

"I think I can walk fine. And yeah, that's what he called them. And he said that if he finds out I'm hurting her, well he's gonna do a lot more than just kill me - he'll do a bunch of bad stuff to my soul, too. I mean I didn't need the extra motivation, but... we should be extra careful with 'em, yeah? I figure that goes for you, too."

That's... Not an minor threat if it was being serious. :/

Still, it left those pokeballs behind rather than take them back. :)

I suppose that means that, to an extent at least, it's allowing it to happen... :)

... Just, don't actually try intentionally hurting them, alright? >.>
"I'm just as curious about them if not more.. But you shouldn't have jumped in front of me in your current condition.. you could have gotten a more permanent injury or worse by putting yourself in his path once more. I'm really grateful, but it's really reckless of you.."

"I'm gonna agree... You are in pretty bad shape, Koa. If you take another hit in your current state... We'd probably actually have to start carrying you around."

"You can ride on Atom by the way, if you want... There's a difference between being able to walk, and able to walk comfortably. He won't mind."

"...We really gotta invest in some walkie-talkies or something. So we don't keep freaking out trying to save each other when things are fine, yeah?"

"That would be helpful, but where would we find transdimensional walkie talkies? "

"Yeah. Not disagreeing with your assessment it'd probably be useful, but probably not the situation in which they'd be useful in."

Hmm... :)

Maybe I'll have to add such a feature to your suits..? ;)

For a point buy, perhaps..? ;)

Speaking about points...

Koa.

I'm granting you one extra point. :)

For being an idiot. ;)

An heroic idiot, but an idiot none the less. :)

Izzy, you take one point too. :)

For smashing up one of it's precious machines. ;)

And also, being a little bit of an heroic idiot. ;)

Irene! :)

You get one too! ;)

As a late "Welcome back" gift. :)

Drake... :)

Take a point for also managing to capture one of those things.
"Sooo... Are you just looking to award all of us a point..?"

Maybe! ;)

Did you do something noteworthy? :)
"Erm... I jumped in front of the Overseer to protect, Drake, too..?"

Another point for a potential Darwin award winner! ;)

Hurray for being idiots! ;)

And you, Jeremy?
"I failed to hit anything with my pester balls for, like, 5 times in a row..."

Do you...

Want a pity point..? :/
"...I'm fine..."

Anyways. :)

Here's my advice for the GRAND OVERSEER... :)

Just don't bother next time.

It's not your battle to fight. 

And I fear next time he's not going to let things slip by so easy.

And to WANT to confront him is madness.

With that said. :)

If you think that it might be inevitable... :/

Once all you guys have recovered... :)

And think you are ready... :)

I can tell you what you'd need to do to stand a chance against him.

Well, more accurately... I can tell you why he cannot be defeated until something else is done.

Just promise to not use that knowledge against me! ;) 

Ha ha ha.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue May 09, 2017 5:44 am

"Awww man what do you mean looted? I was looking forward to looting it....maybe I can keep the ship itself? Because...I am going to loot the whole ship.

And also a point? You got a gold star system here?"

Haley nudges Alex to help her find Bjorn.
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue May 09, 2017 8:22 am

"Y-yeah, I'm up for leaving that Overseer guy alone now. I only jumped in to help Pandora out - I don't have a reason to bother the guy anymore."

He looks up from his pokedex to address everyone.
"But uh... about that. When I was on the other side, the Overseer told me some things. Well he showed me, in my head. It turns out that Pandora is... dead. Not dead dead, but her piece of the Chain is keeping her and her body alive. I think. And it's been that way for a long time, and that's why she doesn't look any older."

"And it turns out there's more than one piece of the Chain. Pandora has one piece, there's some old lady that had another, and... Spark has the third one." He looks down at his pokedex again. "I'm guessing that's why the Overseer won't touch you? Is that the Sleeper that has the other piece, that old lady? Is that why he's after Pandora, 'cause he wants to get his piece back?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:52 am

"...I'm fine..."

"Making sure Koa doesn't die from blowing himself up seems as good a reason as any..

Drake will take a good look at Izzy's drawing and try to see if he remembers anything like it.

"What exactly are we hoping to find at that anomaly? I'm not even sure if I ever heard what it's supposed to be."

"But uh... about that. When I was on the other side, the Overseer told me some things. Well he showed me, in my head. It turns out that Pandora is... dead. Not dead dead, but her piece of the Chain is keeping her and her body alive. I think. And it's been that way for a long time, and that's why she doesn't look any older."

"And it turns out there's more than one piece of the Chain. Pandora has one piece, there's some old lady that had another, and... Spark has the third one." He looks down at his pokedex again. "I'm guessing that's why the Overseer won't touch you? Is that the Sleeper that has the other piece, that old lady? Is that why he's after Pandora, 'cause he wants to get his piece back?"[/quote]

"So the Overseer is just trying to uphold the laws of nature? Did he tell or show you what the chain does?"

Drake occult edu: 6d6 = [6, 5, 5, 3, 3, 1] = 23
Drake poke edu: 6d6 = [5, 4, 4, 4, 4, 2] = 23
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue May 09, 2017 9:23 am

"Making sure Koa doesn't die from blowing himself up seems as good a reason as any..

Koa sighs. "You guys aren't gonna let me live that down, huh? I almost didn't, ya'know."

"What exactly are we hoping to find at that anomaly? I'm not even sure if I ever heard what it's supposed to be."

"I dunno. She sounded like she was expecting to see someone there, though, someone who really doesn't like that Prometheus guy. She said if we're going to check it out, either don't bring him up or tell this person he's dead."

"I think we should still check it out. I mean if Pandora wanted to go check it out, it must be important, yeah?"

"So the Overseer is just trying to uphold the laws of nature? Did he tell or show you what the chain does?"

"Nothing more than we already know," Koa says, shaking his head. "I kinda... didn't give him the chance to say much more. Still, we know she can jump around, so she's got the Space powers. I think that might be all she has, and Spark and the old lady have the other powers?"