Home to all current Forum Games.
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by SamWiser » Sun May 14, 2017 12:58 am

Another Fury Cutter

Accuracy=19
Power=29
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun May 14, 2017 1:02 am

...Naaaaah. Just return some back?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun May 14, 2017 1:16 am

... I mean, Alex is poor. I'm not forking up 500 for three greatballs. I'll have you make normal pokeballs when I need them, though. Cheaper that way.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun May 14, 2017 5:15 am

It's fine dont worry sbout it.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun May 14, 2017 4:55 pm

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

Soon the group is underway again after Bjorn makes his descent, but not before allowing Haley to borrow his pokeball tool kit for a moment to try and craft a couple things- A total of 9 great balls.

"Sparky you said you'd tell me waht happened...."

Code: Select all

"Can't do! Wibbly wobbly time stuff! ;)
Regardless, the trainers are soon en route again towards where the spark had directed them. They end up passing through another room, one that seems to be a side staging area for dismantling heavier equipment and giving them closer inspection, the room filled with various heavy-duty tools to assist in both aspects... But more importantly to them, part of the walls have slammed open, turning outwards as they left skid marks on the floor... But otherwise, would have been almost completely undetectable.

Beyond it lies a slope going gently downwards, ending at a massive steel door. The only way it seems you're gonna get through it by some form of release mechanism to it's side- The heavy, dusty lever providing power to the door, and likely everything that lies beyond it...

Well here we are, folks. :)

Level three. :)

I warn you, though... :o

What lies beyond this door was so secret, so dangerous... :o

It was already kept secret for most of this base, which already itself was top secret! :o

Regardless, there lies something slumbering beyond this door...

Something old and likely not happy...

And then there's Genesect, too. ;)

Good luck! ;)
Koa, Drake, Izzy, Irene

The party continues! As usual, Koa takes the front, even despite his injuries slowing him some... His insights enough to help the party take the best route and cut short on some time where some would otherwise have been lost... The trek does get tougher, tough, forest soon replaced by a more mountainous area... Occasional ledges becoming impossible to avoid, but still manageable, only slowing down the party some...

Mostly, though, the trainers are still making good progress... Ending within ten minutes of their goal assuming optimal conditions, and just under a hour left before the deadline... It's just the last drops of their journey becoming increasingly difficult, at times seeming impassable. Until a point arrives that even Koa sees no option between doing a scaled climb, or going around. Before the trainers get around to fishing out the ropes and grappling hooks, Drake, Izzy and Ghos motion for everyone to get back, as they quickly hide behind a ledge- The source of their caution soon showing itself.

You're not sure if it had seen the trainers either, part of you thinking that with the mostly open mountain area it would have been hard not to... But if she did, she didn't show it. Then again, you're not sure if she's even... "There". Even from afar, it was clear to tell she was not well. Her clothes seemed tattered, and long white hair draped messily around her back. Most notably seemed to be how pale and thin she was, as she almost seemed to resemble something more from a horror movie than an actual person. Her step was sluggish, too, almost seeming to sway as if she were drunk. But her direction does seem rather determined... Another traveler for the mountain.

But she too, is faced with the cliff. At first she seems to slam into, plunging her fists uselessly against it... She seemed in no state to be trying to climb it, as she stumbled backwards, slightly hunched forward as she stood silently in front of the impassable cliff...

Just as the trainers were deliberating on what they should do with her there, (Not to mention discuss how she even got in such a position as it is pitiful to the point of almost wanting to just outright want to call out if she needs help.) she raises her arms... Bringing them down in what is either a force of strength, or weakness as they collapse on themselves... But the effect is the same- As part of the cliff crumbles in front of her, creating a steep slope in it's place. The woman briefly collapses to her knees, before her ghastly appearance begins making it's way upwards once more... Albeit now on all fours.

Phoenix

Dracula strikes with another fury cutter, dealing some damage... As it retaliates by taking it down, dealing 24(1) damage!

"Heh, no matter Fluff... Let's try again!"

Current song: Beat of the drum
2 turns remaining

Dracula(17/22) +3 DEF 31/80, flinched
Glowstick(chinchou)(17) KO
Butterwings(Emolga)(16)
Kanga(13/21) 73/98
Cris(13) 6/66 recalled
Mane(luxio)(10) KO
Spot(8/13) paralyzed, recalled
Major(magnemite)(5) KO
Fluff(flaaffy)(5) lightly injured

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun May 14, 2017 5:09 pm

"What are you talking about. There is no time stuff.

Did Alex awake some horrible machine?"
Haley sends out Willow and holds Cushion in her hands. She has both of them ingrain before dhe opens the door and Cushion and Willow use growth 3 times.

She takes a deep breath. "Are you ready?" Haley opens the door a crack and peers in with her night vision googles, looking around before opening the door the rest of the way.

Per [5d6+3] = 23+3 = 26

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun May 14, 2017 6:20 pm

Even though she just performed some impressive magic right infront of them, Irene can't help but worry about the person, pokemon, whatever infront of her. Whispering to the group she asks. hey, would it be ok if I approached her, alone with the suit off? One person is far less intimadating then a group, and she must have gone through some terrible things to end up in that state... Were heading in the same direction anyways, and I'm less then stealthy... and if things go awry, I can teleport away probably

If the group let's Irene approach the figure
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Natrivv on Mon May 15, 2017 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon May 15, 2017 12:57 am

"Did Alex awake some horrible machine?"
"Wha- Why me? You're the one who pressed the buttons, you're the one who wanted to find Genesect. I just kept you on task. If anything I'm going to be responsible for making sure the ancient unspeakable horror doesn't eat us."
Alex brings out... Slippy, I think.

Oh, I guess I'm responsible for Bjorn too. So... Get Pyre out to Agility up to max stages before opening the door?
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon May 15, 2017 4:04 am

"You turned on all the power...I guess I should have done that instead ah well, being out your best mons."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon May 15, 2017 4:12 am

"What do you think we're doing? Let's just get this over with."
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon May 15, 2017 6:53 am

Oh great, another mystery girl with mysterious powers. Koa hadn't seen enough of those today.

Hey, would it be ok if I approached her, alone with the suit off? One person is far less intimidating then a group, and she must have gone through some terrible things to end up in that state... Were heading in the same direction anyways, and I'm less then stealthy... and if things go awry, I can teleport away probably

"Yeah, trying to be sneaky didn't work out so well last time.... I think it'd be OK, I dunno if she could do much with how she looks. But keep the suit on, and don't say who we are. Pandora might've known this lady, so if they compare notes and put two and two together, they'd find us out, yeah?"

"I'm more worried about how she got like this. Everyone keep an eye out, whatever did this could still be following her."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon May 15, 2017 5:09 pm

"Oh sure.."

Drake will patiently wait, considering if he should send Ghos with her while invisible, but refrains for now.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon May 15, 2017 5:17 pm

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

"What are you talking about. There is no time stuff."

You say that, until I actually tell you and I break space and time! :o

And it'll all be yoooouuur fault... :o
Regardless off all this, Haley tries to open the door... Which isn't really able to be "peeked", being massive steel with the only thing that's gonna give them access the lever to the side. As she decides to pull that instead. There's a spark of electricty as the lever gets stuck, sirens beginning to blare as the door slowly begins to open, smoke passing through from the other end... Lights flash above the door as the trainers and their pokemon stand at the ready, Luna having taken a few unsure steps back at not knowing what to expect. As the door opens into...

My god...

It's a small decontamination chamber.

A bit anticlimatic... If mildly foreboding- Considering there's 5 anti-radiation suits lined on the walls, and yet another lever labeled "begin decontamination"... Which probably means that once you're in, you won't be able to get out that easily.

Don't worry too much... Your pokemon will still be fine in there. :)

Although I would still put on those suits just in case... ;)
Koa, Irene, (Drake), (Izzy)

Irene proposes to go up towards the strange woman, ask if she needs help... Most of the party seeming unsure, although Koa eventually agrees- Albeit insisting she sticks to the suit, for now at least, just in case she turns out to be another godslayer. As Irene is the one to move up, others trailing a safe distance behind her. The woman does not seem to notice her at all, even while she's not particularly trying to be stealthy, the woman having returned to a heavy slump on both feet, making slow process as her arms hang to the side...

"Hey, would you like some help? You seem to be in a tough situation..."

The woman pauses, head snapping back. For a moment Irene is faced with a sight that fills her with mixed emotions of pity, horror, and disgust- The woman's face so skinny it almost feels contorted, with eyes sunk so deep they appeared more like two pits of coal than actual eyes. She quickly snapped her head back, however, covering her face with bony hands.

"Ah! Please- No look... Must look... Terrible." she spoke, back turned to Irene as she at least seemed to understand the position she was in... Although the ensuing weak laughter gave more the idea of a delirious woman. Given her condition that would not be farfetched- And her words are only aiding in such thoughts.

"Sorry... Not eaten in... Weeks. No warmth here.... No... Sun... Here..." she muttered... The party giving a sideway glance to a setting sun in the distance.

"But... Happy see. Thought was... Alone."

"I'm just a traveler, would you mind if I came closer? This potion isn't much, but it can heal some wounds, even if there's no physical scrapes it also helps with mental pain. Everything is going to get better, ok?"

"Warmth..? Thank... You..." the woman muttered meekly as Irene offered to spray the potion while trying to respect the "no looking" rule as well as she can. It... Doesn't really seem to do much.

"...No... Warmth?"

"...I understand. I've been... Silly little girl. Should never... Come."
the woman speaks idly, turning back slightly towards Irene, although keeping her head bent low as to obscure her appearance as much as she could... While it was a cruel thing to say, nobody would really mind that.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon May 15, 2017 5:32 pm

"Er what? Knowing what happened is not going to do anything.

...Why is it radiated?"
Haley complains, putting on the suit. "Uh...slight problem. This suit don't fit. It's a bit big." The suit is loose, dragging on the ground and the helment not fitting quite right.

Haley makes sure her mons are okay. "Are you sure it's safe for my pokemon? I don't want them to get badly hurt from irradiation. I don't even know how you'd even cure that. Would they randomly mutate because their forms are so malleable?" Haley brings her pokemon closer, unsure to proceed.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon May 15, 2017 6:03 pm

Alex shrugs as he starts pulling on one of the suits, "These suits aren't only used in irradiated areas, you know. They're also used in areas that are meant to be kept sterile. Besides, I'd say pokemon are more durable, so it wouldn't affect them."
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon May 15, 2017 6:56 pm

Seeing that the lady doesn't seem to be posing any threat, Koa approaches as well, careful not to upset his injuries as he climbs the steep incline. He starts putting the pieces together in his head as he does so.

First of all he can't help but notice how badly emaciated she is. She says she hadn't eaten in weeks, but that shouldn't be the case - anyone should be able to find something to eat in all this forest, especially since she's got some kind of magic powers to help her. Then there's the comment about there being no sun? That doesn't make any sense. But the most telling clue of all was that she'd been making a bee-line for whatever this anomaly was, the source of otherworldly energy that's going to be opening up soon, or whatever it's gonna do.

"You're... not from around here, are you? Is that why you're going this way?"
Intuition on emaciated girl: 5d6+4 = [6, 6, 4, 4, 3] = 27

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue May 16, 2017 7:02 am

"Ah! Please- No look... Must look... Terrible."
"True, it might not be your best day, but it's not that horrid" Irene timidly replies squashing down her own feelings. This woman? needs help far more then she needs aesthetic principles to be met

"Sorry... Not eaten in... Weeks. No warmth here.... No... Sun... Here..." "umm, is our sun not warm enough?" Irene gestures to the setting sun. The plant life here seems to find warmth in it... what kind of food do you like? I have a chef friend who makes wonderful meals, even if they aren't in the best of shape themselves

"But... Happy see. Thought was... Alone."
"if you don't mind me being a bit bolder here, but until you're looking better I wouldn't feel right leaving you alone. I'm not sure what else I can really do, but I don't want to leave you alone till you regain some health..."

"...No... Warmth?"

"...I understand. I've been... Silly little girl. Should never... Come."

I'm sorry I don't know what you need... can we help you go back home, or is there something you needed to do? While saying this, Irene slowly puts her arm around the woman, stopping if it seems like she doesn't like it. Then sofetly saying, almost too quiet for Koa to hear. I'll be here for you ok? Just tell me what you want.

Irene charm [5d6] = 15 17 if part psychic type

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue May 16, 2017 11:21 am

Phoenix tries to be respectful, but can't help but laugh at the low damage output, before he orders another Fury Cutter.

And then Dracula misses. Well, at least I have time.

Accuracy=3
Power=35
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:57 am

Drake will follow Koa as he stops hiding and stand meekly to the side just listening for now.

So should I use poke edu or just regular intuition if I want to make a roll for Drake?

Might be the quickest way to know if it's a god or just a remarkable person we are talking to, at least for OOC knowledge :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:36 pm

Izzy stays back with Drake, not wanting to overcrowd the poor woman. Irene and Koa seemed to have a pretty good handle on things, anyway. Instead, she looks back down the mountain - trying to figure out roughly what direction this strange woman had come from.

Perception: 17
Intuition: 15

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 17, 2017 4:17 pm

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

Putting on the suits proves a bit troubling for Haley, who's just a tad too small to slip in comfortably... While Alex seems remarkably at ease with the whole thing, as is Bjorn after some hesitation... Luna also inkling more to the whole side of caution as she grabs her own suit- And Haley expresses her worry for her pokemons...

Don't worry! :)

You probably won't even get near any of the radiation, it's just precautions. ;)

And your pokemon will be fine. They're hardy! :)

Worst case scenario, they might be a tad more likely to get a shiny kid... ;)
With that, the only thing that lies waiting is the lever, pulling which will, presumably, start the decontamination cycle and allow them access in whatever "level three" might contain... But Alex's intuition tells him to closely watch out for any kind of other apparatus in this room, as his eyes, just like Haley, fall on a camera near the ceiling. Soon noticing how, ever so faintly, it seems to be tracking their movements...

And that is not all that Haley notices- As she hears ever so vague sounds coming from somewhere behind them- From the hallways they had come from...

Koa, Drake, Izzy, Irene

With the woman seeming to not be hostile... Or at the very least, giving off an air that seems to suggest she's got no fight in her, the other trainers cautiously approach. A couple simply stand to the side, a few keeping intense watch... Drake for one, can't figure out if the woman might be a pokemon in disguise... It's possible, but then again, he's pretty sure he couldn't really tell that assuming it was a god in their "avatar" form... The best he can tell is that her condition is not normal, though- To be in her condition... It's not something that would develop from just, say, a week or two of not having eaten anything. It's something you'd find on someone that's been neglected for years...

Irene meanwhile is worrying herself over the woman, Jeremy halfheartedly stating he might have some advanced medicine if she thinks it might help... As Irene swallows her own emotions to try and comfort the woman to her best ability, even if she appears hardly coherent:

"True, it might not be your best day, but it's not that horrid"

"Hah... No... Lie. Am... Hollowing. Badly..."

"umm, is our sun not warm enough?"

"Your... Sun..?" she spoke softly, seeming to trail Irene's vision to the setting sun. She falls silent for a while, and then... She just laughs. A laugh you are not sure is from anguish or actual laughter, as she seems to ignore the follow up question.

I'm sorry I don't know what you need... can we help you go back home, or is there something you needed to do?

"...No." the woman says after some hesitation, having stopped moving as she slowly allowed herself to collapse to the ground. "Did... What came for. And found... No sun. No... Chance... Survival..."

"You're... not from around here, are you? Is that why you're going this way?"

She lets out another few chuckles while Irene does her best to embrace her, the gesture seeming appreciated, but doing little to help her... Was there anything that could help her..? If anything, it was pretty clear that all this talk was tiring her out... But then again, that might just be because she had been going on nothing but strands for a while- A light breeze would have likely been enough.

"...Obvious."

There is silence for a couple moments, as the woman seems to realize she's at the last of her strength. And since Koa at least seemed to know where she was heading to, seems to have one plea:

"Hermes. At the gate... Carries... The sun."

And following that, she finally collapses- Seeming to have gone unconscious...

Izzy meanwhile tries to determine where she might have come from... It's really hard to make any accurate guesses, considering there's literally miles before any "landpoint" is hit... But she guesses she comes from the average direction of Isosceles.

Phoenix

Dracula misses, the flaaffy hits again... ALSO missing.

"Heh, kind of lacking excitement when things go like this, right..?"

Current song: Beat of the drum
1 turns remaining

Dracula(17/22) +3 DEF 31/80, flinched
Glowstick(chinchou)(17) KO
Butterwings(Emolga)(16)
Kanga(13/21) 73/98
Cris(13) 6/66 recalled
Mane(luxio)(10) KO
Spot(8/13) paralyzed, recalled
Major(magnemite)(5) KO
Fluff(flaaffy)(5) lightly injured

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 17, 2017 4:37 pm

"Something is behind us. Don't be too startled. The camera is part of it I think."

Haley brings up her dex and texts sparky.

This camera a part of the thing that is going to be hostile?
If he confirms Haley starts remote hacking the camera.
tech edu [4d6+1] = 18+1 = 19 ap boost to 20

Edit: she basically deletes footage of them and makes the camera 'record' previous footage it had of no one in there, in a giant loop so no one will be suspicious.
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Thu May 18, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edits

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 17, 2017 6:26 pm

"Probably a security system. I say we just keep on going." If there's no opposition, Alex pulls the lever.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 17, 2017 6:29 pm

"Wait a moment until I do something. I would rather not be attacked by security measures."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 17, 2017 6:30 pm

"Alright, alright, I'll wait."
My game:

My characters: