PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:00 pm

"Alright what do you want to do? Go through the door or work on matinence for the console?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:57 pm

Alex briefly tries the ID for authorization, assuming that terminal's not the one Bjorn interacted with. tries to open the remaining door with the ID. Should that not work, he turns to Haley, "See anywhere you can plug in to crack through this lock? If we can't get through either of these we'll have to go through the airlock."
Last edited by Dlover on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:04 pm

Haley facepalms and goes to the console to see if there is a port. "I was trying to keep that secret from a certain...somebody above."

If it is she is going to try to crack at it, to make the visual id bound to Haley instead of nixon.

tech edu [4d6+1] = 14+1 = 15

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:10 pm

"...Look. Just... Leave."

"I have a duty to fulfill. It is only gonna take a couple minutes more for the portal home to open..."

"I cannot allow you to stop me."

"Hermes... may I try one last time to explain why this tree is so precious to us? We don't want to fight or use force... if I may." Irene will reach to her pokeball and bring out Cygnus. "The Handsome fella is Cygnus, he's been revived from a fossil, and could be considered around XXX old. His time period is mostly lost to us... and the jolly ally over there." Irene will gesture towards Ochrana "He's around 150 years old, at the very least. Around this time because of a war between people long since dead... The former guardians of the world left, allowing humanity to make the mistakes it needed to grow, like a parent letting a child fall down as they learn to walk... this is also where our legends originally came from is from generation to generation trying to perserve what little we know. The biggest one is the creation legend where Arceus created everything in this world, and this tree which bore the fruit of knowledge. Historicly, Culturely, and even to our scientists... this tree is one of the most precious things in the world with it's location long lost."
Irene will take a small breath and indicate the group of trainers.We're the first humans to have seen this tree in... forever. Is there any chance your scientists could find a way to isolate this tree?
or with this exact spot find a way to strengthen the barrier, and we could do it on this side to... While this tree isn't vital for life like your sun... it is something many people would give their life to find.

Irene charm ap boosted [5d6+1] = 14+1 = 15
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:16 pm

"Yeah, that's weird...." Koa says, looking up from his pokedex. "From what I can tell when the Spark got his piece of the Chain, he kinda got bound to this world - he shouldn't be able to go to yours that easily. That happened 42 years ago, way before those Colress and Prometheus guys came through. Are you sure it was the Spark? Not something else? Maybe... something with big, black, crystal-looking claws?"

While he's saying this, and while he has his pokedex in hand, a thought occurs to Koa. Hermes is like Prometheus, isn't he, being a warrior from Giratina's world with a special sword and everything? With this thought in mind, Koa shifts his hand over slightly so his pokedex is pointing at Hermes, and Koa pushes the 'scan' button.

Then the topic comes back around to the tree.

"...Look. Just... Leave."

"I have a duty to fulfill. It is only gonna take a couple minutes more for the portal home to open..."

"I cannot allow you to stop me."

Koa furrowed his brow at this. He couldn't just... let Giratina do as he pleases, could he? Not when all of this sounded so sketchy; not when nobody know exactly what the tree did, except maybe Giratina himself. But this Hermes guy just wasn't budging on the issue - he has his orders, and nothing can convince him that his orders might be wrong. How does Koa make it seem that Giratina's right, but the decision is still wrong?

Well... what's the best way to muddy up any issue whose answer seemed obvious and clear-cut, otherwise?

Politics.

Koa gives an exaggerated sigh. "You know, I was hoping it wouldn't come to this. I wanted to keep things friendly, but if you're gonna push the issue...."

He looks Hermes in the eye.
"I don't think you get the situation you're trying to force, here. You're under orders from Giratina to destroy this tree, yeah? Well I dunno if you guys are familiar with the concept, but here, when a foreign power sends soldiers or warriors or whatever to another nation to destroy what belongs to them, that's what's known as an act of war."

Koa draws himself up to his full height, albeit somewhat painfully due to his injuries, shouldering his sword in his best imitation of a stately and proper stance. It probably isn't very convincing, but it'll have to do.
"I am Koa Clark, Chosen of Diancie - daughter of Mew and grandaughter of Arceus, the Creator. I saw you looking at me. That thing you noticed is probably Diancie's influence. I'm her representative, and lemme tell you, I don't like how you've been conducting yourself."

This was all technically true, or at least close enough for the point to get across.

"We come to you carrying Gaia with us, basically saving her life. We tell you about your friend Colress and what he's been up to all these years, and give you evidence to support it. We take off our helmets for you as, like, a sign of trust, when that's really risky for us to let just anybody know who we are. And how do you respect us back?"

"You say you want to destroy one of our oldest artifacts, the first apricorn tree, the... centerpiece of one of our oldest legends. You threaten us, telling us not to get in your way, or else. And this isn't the first breach of trust, from the sounds of it. It sounds like that Colress guy did some really bad stuff in our world, too. Now I might trust you if you say he was doing it out of his own accord, but really, how do I know for sure, huh?"

"Here's the thing, Hermes. Giratina might be the ruler of your world, but he's not the ruler here. He can't make that decision for both our worlds. It doesn't matter if he's right about the tree or not."

"So I strongly advise you to reconsider your... intentions, yeah? If your lord wants to do things peacefully, then he can send some representatives to talk things out with our gods, or their representatives. Maybe destroying the tree is what we can decide on, maybe we'll decide on something else. The point is, this is a decision both our worlds have to make, not just yours."

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:00 pm

Bjorn can do nothing but helplessly stand around while the others investigate the technology. So to fill time, he attempts some small talk.

Shuffling his feet and concentrating intently on his shoe he quietly asks Luna, "So ah, Luna, what sort of food do you like?"
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:09 pm

Drake stands idly by with ghos ready to act in case politics doesn't help at all.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:00 am

Alright, let's start over. Fury Cutter!

Accuracy=10
Power=31
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:34 pm

After Irene and Koa give their speeches, Izzy gives Hermes and Gaia a sympethetic shrug.

"I'm not gonna try and stop you. Just...please understand, this isn't as simple as it looks. This tree is part of our history. It might be almost as important to us as your sun is to you."

(Adding +2 to Irene's Charm check)
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:22 am

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

Alex tries out his keycard on the other door... Finding it to open with no issue. On the other side, he finds a large, circular room, with some kind of... Machine and console in the middle. The device was mostly spherical in shape, although one could perhaps describe it "burger"-like, two halves separating to have a void in the midst of the machine... On the outside of the room, there's three more doors leading, apparently, even deeper in the complex.

Haley meanwhile, worries over the console, seeing if she can hack into it... No dice, though! Whoever made this REALLY didn't want things to be messed with... It's locked tight, with no ports of any kind to try and connect to...

She does figure out one other thing, though- It seems like there is a "backup" method for when facial recognition failed... She's pretty sure she could force it to start, and it might be easier to try and gain access through that rather than somehow end up looking like this Nixon guy, who they don't even know how he looks like... Although she doubts it's just an automatic pass, either.

"So ah, Luna, what sort of food do you like?"

"Hmm..? Is now really the time to be thinking of where you're gonna take me out to for dinner..?" she responds, mildly serious... Before letting out a half-hearted chuckle as she responds. "Hmm... I guess I like something... Savoury? Either savoury or sweet... I only eat meat on special occasions though..."

Phoenix

The raichu hits Dracula with a sweet kiss... Confusing him! Dracula manages to ignore it for this round, though, as it attacks the raichu...

Current song: Beat of the drum
3 turns remaining

Bolt(raichu)(20) injured
Dracula(17/22) +5 DEF, +1 others 35/80, flinched, confused
Glowstick(chinchou)(17) KO
Butterwings(Emolga)(16) heavily injured, recalled
Kanga(13/21) 73/98
Cris(13) 6/66 recalled
Mane(luxio)(10) KO
Spot(8/13) paralyzed, recalled
Major(magnemite)(5) KO
Fluff(flaaffy)(5) KO

Koa, Drake, Izzy, Irene

"Yeah, that's weird... From what I can tell when the Spark got his piece of the Chain, he kinda got bound to this world - he shouldn't be able to go to yours that easily. That happened 42 years ago, way before those Colress and Prometheus guys came through. Are you sure it was the Spark? Not something else? Maybe... something with big, black, crystal-looking claws?"

"Like we already said- We've never actually seen it. Only a handful have... We just got its name."

"...42 years, though..? If we're right about how different time goes between our worlds, that's... Probably around the time it showed up for the first time."

"...It's hard to say. We're not sure if it's actually even uniform..."

"Hermes... may I try one last time to explain why this tree is so precious to us? We don't want to fight or use force... if I may." Irene will reach to her pokeball and bring out Cygnus. "The Handsome fella is Cygnus, he's been revived from a fossil, and could be considered around XXX old. His time period is mostly lost to us... and the jolly ally over there." Irene will gesture towards Ochrana "He's around 150 years old, at the very least. Around this time because of a war between people long since dead... The former guardians of the world left, allowing humanity to make the mistakes it needed to grow, like a parent letting a child fall down as they learn to walk... this is also where our legends originally came from is from generation to generation trying to perserve what little we know. The biggest one is the creation legend where Arceus created everything in this world, and this tree which bore the fruit of knowledge. Historicly, Culturely, and even to our scientists... this tree is one of the most precious things in the world with it's location long lost."
Irene will take a small breath and indicate the group of trainers.We're the first humans to have seen this tree in... forever. Is there any chance your scientists could find a way to isolate this tree?
or with this exact spot find a way to strengthen the barrier, and we could do it on this side to... While this tree isn't vital for life like your sun... it is something many people would give their life to find.

"I'm not gonna try and stop you. Just...please understand, this isn't as simple as it looks. This tree is part of our history. It might be almost as important to us as your sun is to you."

"...And what about the people that would die, and did not want it?"

"You've already said it yourself- That demon is still alive. SOMETHING is trying to claw it's way back to our world, and if it's that... I'll be responsible for any more we lose, when this could fix it."

"...Besides, either your legends are lying, or you're keeping things from me. You've already claimed things I know can not be true."
Hermes speaks... Some of that statement being true- Another part simple denial...

Before Koa comes up with his own idea... Trying to turn things into politics- Stating himself as the chosen of Diancie, and how what he's doing right now could be considered an act of war... And how they'd need to actually talk about this with these gods before a consensus could be reached.

"...Is that the card you want to play? Very well- Then allow me to counter."

"What about the two people from our world- Who got dragged here by something from yours? Do you think we had a discussion about that before they died?!"

"Or will you simply claim that is not your fault? That the demon we fought holds no relation to these demon lord of you..?"

"Because here is one deal that is not going to work... Your claim to control while you can't stop others in this world from yours from messing with ours."

"You claim this place is important- But it's abandoned!"
he states, swaying his free arm around the room as if to exemplify the point.

"Besides... Are we not both representatives..? Could we not talk here and now..? Or do these lords of yours not care enough to come talk for themselves?"

"...Although to be fair, I suppose we're already done talking, aren't we..? You're refusing to allow me to destroy what you consider a relic... I refuse to do anything less but what would guarantee the safety of my people."

"...Perhaps you're greeds lackeys after all."

"...Hermes, please. There's no reason to fight."

"There will be if they continue to block my way."

Gaia sighs, seeming to move closer towards Hermes side... Eyes glancing between that sword of his and the trainers.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:44 am

Haley gives a sigh and wants to check this back up part, knowing it is probsbly a password or something else.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:38 am

Alex shrugs, deciding that if he can't help with the vault door he should look for something useful. "The airlock will take too long to open and close conveniently. There are three more doors here. I'm going to the right if anyone needs me." Alex heads for the door on the right and works on opening it, ignoring the strange space age technology.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:56 am

"You claim this place is important- But it's abandoned!"
"Yeah there's a reason it's abandoned, why it's closed off from the world like this, but you wouldn't wanna hear it," Koa says, referring to how the tree might act like a 'prison' to Giratina, or at least the lock to the cell door. "That doesn't make it any less important."

"Besides... Are we not both representatives..? Could we not talk here and now..? Or do these lords of yours not care enough to come talk for themselves?"
"'Cause neither of us know for sure what the tree does, you-" 'idiot', Koa just barely manages to refrain from blurting out. Koa doubts he'd make a good politician.

"...Although to be fair, I suppose we're already done talking, aren't we..? You're refusing to allow me to destroy what you consider a relic... I refuse to do anything less but what would guarantee the safety of my people."
"No, actually. It sounds like we want the same thing. You want to keep your people safe. We wanna keep our people safe. You think breaking the tree up will fix everything. We think it could make things worse."

"We just want some time to figure out which of us is right. Then we fix it."

But that brings the conversation back to square one. Koa sighs heavily, looking to the other trainers to see if they have any bright ideas.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:17 am

Seeing that Koa is struggling to convince Hermes, Izzy decides to focus on Gaia.

"...let's say I do meet Prometheus. And tell him you were looking for him. Will there be any way for him to actually get back home, once the tree is destroyed?"

"Oh, and is there anything I can say to convince him that I've actually met you? If he thinks we're demons then it might be difficult to get him to trust me. Maybe something small, that only you'd know?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:48 am

"Are you absolutely certain they didn't find their own way to our world? They may have developed their own agendas which they have carried out in our world. Besides it's not something that's necessarily our worlds fault, the demon you blame is most likely from a third world trying to pit our worlds against each other.. actually can you describe how the demons look?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:22 am

Unsure what to say, or even try that wouldn't make things worse Irene kneels and starts rubbing Cygnus's neck while everyone else makes there moves.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:02 pm

"...Let's say I do meet Prometheus. And tell him you were looking for him. Will there be any way for him to actually get back home, once the tree is destroyed?"

Koa looks at Izzy, then glances over to Gaia. While trying to convince Hermes of anything was like talking to a brick wall, Gaia seemed to be much less sure of the situation. She seemed... sympathetic, even.

"Are you absolutely certain they didn't find their own way to our world? They may have developed their own agendas which they have carried out in our world."

Koa nods along. Maybe this line of reasoning was going somewhere?

"Yeah, let's calm down and look at this again... isn't it weird that... Colress had a notebook at all? It's like, even if the Spark did bring him over to our world... it didn't seem like it did much else to him. It didn't kill him or anything, so it's like the Spark just brought him over and gave him free reign to do whatever. Don't you think that's weird?"

"Actually, are you sure he's dead, Izzy?" Koa asks, giving her a look. "Did anything we find say for sure?"

"But yeah... what if it's the same with your Prometheus? What if he came over, or the Spark brought him over, and it just... let him go? You said he might be wearing armor like Hermes', yeah? Did he have a sword, too? 'Cause if he does, he could just stay here forever, couldn't he?"

"On that note, what if... what if we set up some guards here? Now that we know there's a problem with people from your world being brought over, we could catch anybody getting pulled through, yeah? Then we could send them back, no problem! We could do that until we figure out exactly what the problem is."

"Does that sound better than... maybe closing off your world forever, or maybe making things worse?" Koa asks, looking between Hermes, and especially Gaia.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:53 am

"Actually, are you sure he's dead, Izzy? Did anything we find say for sure?"

"Uhh...I don't think so? I dunno, from the sounds of things he just dropped off the face of the planet after Plasma broke up. If he's not dead, he must be very good at hiding. I mean, it's been over three decades now."

Turning to Jeremy, she gives him an inquisitive look.

"You know more about Plasma than me - do you know what happened to him?"

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:57 am

Bjorn looks up, amused. "So, either savoury or sweet. That doesn't really narrow it down. But I have an idea!" He nods to himself, liking his idea, then heads off after Alex. He calls out "I'll take the room on the left, we need to cover ground if we're to get through this place this year!" and tries the room on the left.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:54 am

Haley, Alex, (Bjorn)

Haley sighs, as she triggers this "alternate method"... Complex voice buzzing to life in response- As it turns out to not exactly be a "password", but...

"Password accepted... Beginning security questions."

"What is your favorite pokemon?"

Alex meanwhile, chooses to ignore the "future machine" in the middle of the room, as he heads for one of the side rooms... Inside he finds what seems to be an observation room of some kind- Large glass wall on the far side of the room, with a control panel in front, a heavily secured door to the side to allow access to what lies beyond the glass... Which on closer inspection, he believes is something that Haley might find VERY interesting... A certain, robotic bug... Seemingly... "Sleeping"..? It's hooked up to some cables at it's back, but it's not giving any kicks.

He doesn't notice any kind of card reader on the door, though, and hence moves to the consoles... He does find there's a button clearly marked as "open door", but it refuses to obey his commands- The facility voice stating: "For safety reasons, both Goser and warden Nixon must be present prior to beginning any testing."

"And I am aware you are not Goser Electri."

Not sure what else he could do, besides press some of the other options, which include "activate" and "attempt download/upload" which doesn't sound like that great of an idea to be honest, and probably would also not work, he takes another room through the room... Eventually spotting what seems to be a... Drive of some kind?

Found a douse drive

"Reboot at... 30 percent."

Bjorn meanwhile checks out the room to the left...

"So, either savoury or sweet. That doesn't really narrow it down. But I have an idea!"

"Hah, sorry, I guess it's not really a favorite food, is it..? But if you have an idea, I'll be curious to find out what it is!" Luna speaks- Trailing Bjorn to the room he wants to check out...

(Yeah sorry, you were too late for me to mention that I'll need a perception roll if you're checking out a room.)

Koa, Drake, Izzy, Irene

"No, actually. It sounds like we want the same thing. You want to keep your people safe. We wanna keep our people safe. You think breaking the tree up will fix everything. We think it could make things worse."

"We just want some time to figure out which of us is right. Then we fix it."

"My lord has guaranteed me this would fix things! I will not doubt his word..."

"Hermes, he said it would fix things for US. What if it makes things worse for them?"

"Gaia?! Are you doubting our lords word?!"

"YOU are the one that claimed them demons, Hermes... I don't claim our lord to have ill intents for us- But there's questions we should ask before we commit to this..."

"And what if they're trying to deceive us..? Do their intentions not seem to grow more and more murky with each second..?"

Gaia just shakes her head, seeming equally frustrated to Koa... As the party continues trying to plead.

"...let's say I do meet Prometheus. And tell him you were looking for him. Will there be any way for him to actually get back home, once the tree is destroyed?"

"Oh, and is there anything I can say to convince him that I've actually met you? If he thinks we're demons then it might be difficult to get him to trust me. Maybe something small, that only you'd know?"

There's a brief pause... An eventual reply being made.

"... No. But I think we need to face facts."

"I'm not giving up, Hermes."

"It's been years, Gaia. We had a way back prepared, and he did not come through. This world is not friendly to our kind, as you've already experienced..."

"At a certain point, you just have to face things."

"...I'm sorry."

"... If you do meet him, tell him, erm... Tell him his little sprout said hi." she says, mildly embarrassed.

"Are you absolutely certain they didn't find their own way to our world? They may have developed their own agendas which they have carried out in our world. Besides it's not something that's necessarily our worlds fault, the demon you blame is most likely from a third world trying to pit our worlds against each other.. actually can you describe how the demons look?"

"Yes. It took us years to build and perfect our own "gateway device"... Colress was smart, but not create it by himself in secret smart. I find the very notion that you're suggesting they'd come here of their own free will... Insulting."

"Besides, those notes Colress left betray he spent most of his waking moments on trying to get back. So that'd discredit that whole idea, wouldn't it?"

"And which third world..? Who would benefit from us going against each other?"

"As for the demons... They all look very much different, and it can change from cycle to cycle... We prefer to not see them if we can help it."

"...I've fought some of them as my role as justiciar. If you must know- Envy was a large, formless mass of ink-like substance, floating within and on it's surface a thousand masks. It's servants were more varied, but each carried a mask of similar kin. It spawned more of it's kind by releasing the masks it held... I think. I cared not to study their rituals much."

"Greed was a bit more straightforward- A massive, scaled beast, walking upon four legs and with a large wingspan... It's subjects were smaller of it's kind, with no wings to allow them to fly- They seemed to spend most all their time in mines digging up raw minerals for their lord."

"Yeah, let's calm down and look at this again... isn't it weird that... Colress had a notebook at all? It's like, even if the Spark did bring him over to our world... it didn't seem like it did much else to him. It didn't kill him or anything, so it's like the Spark just brought him over and gave him free reign to do whatever. Don't you think that's weird?"

"He made the notebook in effort to document his travel... Should the worst happen."

"Actually, are you sure he's dead, Izzy? Did anything we find say for sure?"

"Uhh...I don't think so? I dunno, from the sounds of things he just dropped off the face of the planet after Plasma broke up. If he's not dead, he must be very good at hiding. I mean, it's been over three decades now."

"...The notes suggest that he believed he completed his plan, and was going to head home."

"He never did, though. Or, well... He might have. I suppose there's the possibility he never got home from the wild lands..."

"You know more about Plasma than me - do you know what happened to him?"

"No... I don't think anybody really knows what happened to him after team plasma disbanded. The most common theories are that either he's dead, Lance had him secretly assassinated because he was way too dangerous, or that the took on a new look and identity and went into hiding..."

"But yeah... what if it's the same with your Prometheus? What if he came over, or the Spark brought him over, and it just... let him go? You said he might be wearing armor like Hermes', yeah? Did he have a sword, too? 'Cause if he does, he could just stay here forever, couldn't he?"

"...Yes. Yes! He could!"

"...Maybe. Again, there's the whole issue of how he never came back in the first place occurs- Why is that..?"

"On that note, what if... what if we set up some guards here? Now that we know there's a problem with people from your world being brought over, we could catch anybody getting pulled through, yeah? Then we could send them back, no problem! We could do that until we figure out exactly what the problem is."

"Does that sound better than... maybe closing off your world forever, or maybe making things worse?"

"So you have that kind of power..? That sounds mighty suspicious would you not agree, when it is that kind of power that has brought our world in trouble..?" Hermes speaks up, largely remaining unreasonable as he HAS to stay zealous... Although a certain woman doesn't really share the enthusiasm.

"...Hermes?"

"...What, Gaia?"

"I"m gonna say this nicely, since I very much would prefer to not hurt you..."

"But you know I'm more than double your age and experience."

"And I know you cannot allow to abandon your mission at any cost."

"So if things do end up going wrong because of this, it's not going to be your fault- I'll take the blame."

"Because I'm going to kick your ass if you don't stop what you're doing right now."

Hermes seems rather... Taken aback by Gaia rapidly standing her ground- For a whole multitude of reasons. Meanwhile, a strange smell is beginning to fill the air, little pebbles on the ground beginning to levitate... Those paying close attention are beginning to notice part of the nearby floor beginning to... What would be best described as "melt".

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:20 am

Haley types on her dex, vigilantly looking for clues.

Code: Select all

I know you probsbly not tell me but I would rather not be murdered.  Any suggestions? I doubt it is genesect.
Per [5d6+3] = 23+3 = 26

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:14 am

"...I've fought some of them as my role as justiciar. If you must know- Envy was a large, formless mass of ink-like substance, floating within and on it's surface a thousand masks. It's servants were more varied, but each carried a mask of similar kin. It spawned more of it's kind by releasing the masks it held... I think. I cared not to study their rituals much."

"Greed was a bit more straightforward- A massive, scaled beast, walking upon four legs and with a large wingspan... It's subjects were smaller of it's kind, with no wings to allow them to fly- They seemed to spend most all their time in mines digging up raw minerals for their lord."

"If you wanna compare demons, how about one that rips open portals to its own world and pulls you through whenever it wants? The one I was talking about before, the one with the big, black crystal claws? It's whole body is like that, where it's like... I dunno, like it's shining and not-shining at the same time, it's kinda hard to look at."

"We just had a fight with it a little over an hour ago. We barely made it out of that one...." Koa admits, standing a bit awkwardly to favor his injuries. "And it's what I think might be causing you guys trouble. I don't know for sure, though."

"So you have that kind of power..? That sounds mighty suspicious would you not agree, when it is that kind of power that has brought our world in trouble..?"

Koa rolls his eyes. This guy really likes jumping to the worst conclusions, doesn't he?

"I meant when you guys open your portal again, we can send them back. Or if we figure out a way to do it ourselves, we could do it."

Then at last, in this argument that somehow feels like its' been going on for weeks, something finally gives. Gaia sticks up for the trainers, leaving Hermes the only one threatening the apricorn tree.

"Thanks a lot... we don't wanna fight, not after our last one. But it's just-," Koa gestures at Hermes, glancing back at the tree, and gives an exasperated sigh at the whole situation.

On that note, Koa starts edging backwards towards the tree, hoping to give it cover should Hermes make a move.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:04 am

Alex shrugs, looking for a camera to address, "Yeah, I'm not Goser. He's been arrested as a terrorist. He's linked to this facility, and I'd appreciate your assistance in my investigations of potential threats he's left behind."

Command: 21
My game:

My characters:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:18 am

Dracula ignores the Confusion for now, as she hits the Riachu for another Fury Cutter.

Confusion=2
Confusion Check=11

Accuracy=12
Power=37
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:35 am

""So if things do end up going wrong because of this, it's not going to be your fault- I'll take the blame."

"Because I'm going to kick your ass if you don't stop what you're doing right now."

Irene lets out a long breath she's been holding for a while. A small glimmer of hope for a peaceful encounter, and then things start floating.
"I know this is hard. You said it yourself after reading Colress's journel you understood what we meant by the world is grey. You just want to do what is right, and you will. We just need some time on our side."
After attempting to soothe Hermes a little Irene faces Gaia.
"Gaia, thank you. I know trusting a group of strangers is never easy, and you were in a bad spot when we stumbled across you. The courage you have is increadible. I know our time runs short, but by any small chance, would there be a way to communicate with you when you're on your world? This way we could tell you what we're doing on our side, so it isn't so blind?"