PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Natrivv » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:51 am

A room with a smashed mirror, and fake faces? Irene shudders as she uses the mirror to check behind her. Hopefully not seeing the faceless creature behind her, Irene will call out "Excuse me, is anyone in here?" Before stepping in towards the bed. After making sure no one is actually in the bed Irene tip toes over towards the smashed vanity mirror, seeing if the mirror she picked up fits in somehow. After that she stalls some more by looking into the dresser, and only then does she look at the masks lined up looking for some pattern, or clue.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:32 pm

Haley, Alex, (Bjorn)

Everyone decides to ignore the very much present beds in the facility, instead setting up their own equipment in the halls... Haley having the brilliant idea to invite one of the zoro bros to "sleep with her"... Which luckily for everyone involved, after some more teasing, it actually ends up declining. Seems like it prefers to go sleep with the others... Luna eventually just decides to join in with the slumber party rather than head for a bed alone.

The night goes over without incidents... Except the occasional loud sounds of Tex and Hopper continuing work rather late. Everyone wakes up at the dawn of a new day, with no issues... Alex also seems fully restored after his spell of weakness, yesterday.

Phoenix

Kanga just barely manages to KO the serperior, as Phoenix focuses his thief attack on the crustle instead- Stealing it's King's rock as it comes to a sudden realization it should probably help... Hitting Phoenix back for 38(32) damage!

Kanga(21) 35/102
Serperior(20) KO
Phoenix(13) 5/46
guard(10) KO
Crustle(5)

Koa

Koa considers for a moment longer... And eventually puts up some conditions:

"...Before I say 'yes', you gotta promise me a couple things."

"Want to alter the terms of the contract..? Sure. Depends on what..."

"One. You're not gonna use any of my pokemon. Quit the gym challenge, I don't care. I can't trust some stranger to battle with 'em. Just keep them in their pokeballs, OK? Don't put them in the PC or anything, just don't mess with 'em."

"What, don't want me to get you that badge, easy peasy? Jack's a tough cookie otherwise... But, sure."

"Two. Rest up at the Pokemon Center when ya turn it for the night. I'm pretty beat up, if ya can't tell. I gotta let my body rest up a bit."

"Fair enough. I suppose walking around in a sore body isn't fun, either."

"...And let Izzy go, if that's really her,"

"That was ALREADY part of the deal! But very well... Since I accept all your terms- Here we go..."
the other Koa speaks, offering a last grin as the room turns dark, his flashlight suddenly fading. He starts feeling a bit... Odd. It's hard to place what exactly, but it feels as if something was changing- A sensation that eventually fades, as the room fades back in view. A chain now hangs from the ceiling besides him, holding the same kind of harness he saw Izzy in. His reflection is... Gone. And behind him, the pillar with the idol was now revealed...

OBTAINED THE KECLEON IDOL

Izzy

While the sableye would undoubtedly have loved to hit Nate with another shadow sneak, sadly the sableye can't quite jump that high... And by the point he would get to act, Nate knocks it out with a night shade!

Next up is a murkrow... Released very close to Nate.

Flash uses left: 5
Kay(24/20) conceded
Nate(19/15) 12/74 6 meters up.
Murkrow(16)
Houndour(15) KO
Scraggy(5) Very KO
Sableye(5)KO

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:54 pm

Well... alright, that felt weird. But was Koa actually stuck in the mirror now, or...?

Koa sweeps his flashlight across the ground, looking for the crumbs he intentionally dropped earlier, off his Candy Bar.

After ascertaining that, Koa grabs the idol and tries out the other door. If it works, he'll continue on deeper in the maze. If not... well, he supposes he'll see if those chains go anywhere?

Intuition and Perception after mirror room:
5d6+4 = [6, 6, 6, 5, 1] = 28
2d6 = [5, 2] = 7

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:00 pm

Haley wakes up and decides to train her mons! She goes to a a room away from Tex and Hopper so they do not see Rhem while she trains her.

"Okay so here's what happened after I recalled you, Hopper evolved and is now nice and seems like it wants to be less hurtful to others. Tex is still grouchy but he's helping repair the ship and the hole he created. Hopefully we can get the ship so that it's in good fighting condition incase we have to go against that.....thing. I don't want them to know about you, I'm worried what they might do.

OH! Also what do these radar guns do?"

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:21 pm

Welp, time to feed the thing more energy train the pokemon. 1AP drained with the Ace Trainer feature to give them +1CS (Same set up as before.), then all buuuuut..... Adrian get exp training.

Roy gets 24.
Dusk gets 26.
Gwen gets 22.
Slippy gets 22.
Mercury gets 25.

Tutoring:
Move Tutor: Roy: Thunder Punch, drops Low Kick. Forgot Move Tutor was only Daily, not x3.
Move Tutor: Dusk: Fire Punch, drops Disable.

Three Mentors (Learn a move up to 10 levels early), and three Lessons (Empowered Development or Changing Viewpoints) available for use.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:18 am

~Aha, a new challenger! Have at ye!~

Pumped up with adrenaline, Nate continues to fly head-first into battle with another dazzling burst of light.

Dazzling Gleam (AC: 1d20-3 = 5, Damage: 35)
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:43 am

Irene

Irene decides to casually check behind her using the mirror, JUST IN CASE... With nothing there, though, she's quick to inspect the bed to find no one hiding on, or beneath it... The masks, while creepy, don't seem to be in any kind of pattern or secret... And all are bolted onto the shelf, as well. It's looking more and more like this room is just supposed to be creepy with no substance... Until she finds something rather peculiar in the dresser. An old VHS cassette, a red #1 written on one side. Weird...

OBTAINED MYSTERY TAPE #1

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:37 pm

Grabbing the tape Irene happily flees, I mean leaves the creepy room behind making her way towards the entrence of the maze. She had to be getting close to the puzzles solutions now right? Wondering what she would do if she found a tape labeled #72 or something ridicules like that... Keeping the lantern aloft to illumante the key hole, Irene will open the room once she reaches there.

Irene Occult [4d6] = 10 survival [3d6] = 7 perception [2d6] = 3 intuition [2d6] = 2
Irene Occult [4d6] = 14 survival [3d6] = 6 perception [2d6] = 3 intuition [2d6] = 12
Irene Occult [4d6] = 14 survival [3d6] = 6 perception [2d6] = 3 intuition [2d6] = 12 >:? This does show up as a different roll, but yeah 4 identical numbers
Irene Occult [4d6] = 14 survival [3d6] = 10 perception [2d6] = 7 intuition [2d6] = 3

Items on hand
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:08 pm

Good job, Kanga! Let's let Charming cover the rest!

Phoenix backs off of the Crustle, and returns Kanga for Charming. Charming, use Water Pulse!

Ac=9
Power=47
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:17 pm

Izzy

Nate hits with another dazzling gleam, even as Jack commands the Murkrow to "bite through it" yet again... But still deals hefty damage, before it retaliates with an astonish- Dealing 25(30) damage and knocking him out!

Kay(24/20) conceded
Nate(19/15) KO
Murkrow(16) badly injured
Houndour(15) KO
Scraggy(5) Very KO
Sableye(5)KO

Phoenix

Phoenix backs off slightly, but can't do that while also recalling Kanga in favor for Charming- Opting to do only the latter, as Charming does hefty damage! It seems pretty sturdy, though... As it retaliates against Charming with a smack down for 38(28) damage.

Kanga(21) 35/102
Serperior(20) KO
Charming(17) 41/69
Phoenix(13) 5/46
guard(10) KO
Crustle(5) heavily injured

Koa

Koa considers the situation for a moment, but realizes there's a very easy way to find out whether it's another trick, or he actually got "pulled" in some kind of mirror dimension... As he does, indeed, find the crumbs of candy back on the floor. Hopefully the custodian won't be too mad, but it worked...

He also checks out the chains briefly, but they don't seem to go anywhere- They're simply attached to the ceiling... Luckily, the path ahead does not seem blocked. He doesn't need to travel too far on what now seems a linear path, as he comes at a crossing. To his right, the maze seems to continue for a while, curving out of sight, and same thing for straight ahead. While to his left... There is the soft, red glow of an "EXIT" sign...

His intuition tells him that given what he's seen so far, the maze probably has something akin to a "mirror" layout... Which would mean the path ahead would loop back to the left side of the maze. But what does that mean for the right passage..?

Haley

Haley trains her pokemon in the morning, releasing Rhem in a separate room to brief her on what happened... Which she does appreciate.

OH! Also what do these radar guns do?"

"I am not aware of who this Tex and Hopper might be, but I trust your judgement on the matter."

"Oh, those. They are localized aura readers. You can use them to try and detect energy signatures from other worlds. They were primarily used to try and aid in finding rifts created by the GRAND OVERSEER. It has a limited range, unlike the equipment on the plasma frigate, however."

Alex

Alex for a moment considers something extremely foolish without even seeming to realize it, but otherwise tutors his pokemon with no issues of his own.

Irene

Irene heads all the way back to the start of the maze, where she remembers having found another door. Opening it to be met with... Darkness. Not unusual given the nature of this maze, but it seems as if her flashlight somehow is even less effective within this small room... Not that she can get too far, before she starts hearing the voice.

"Ah see, here comes another one."

"Perhaps this one wants to trade?"

"Something she lost..?"

"Or something she needs..?"

"Tell us, girl!"

"What is it you desire?"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Giving a little sigh of relief, Koa gladly continues on out of the mirror room, eventually coming to the 4-way intersection.

Koa's not really interested in leaving the maze right away. Not only were there probably more idols to find, Fatale said there was also some sort of mystery to this place, one that Koa aims to investigate! It would seem that going straight ahead would lead to the other half of the maze, but where does this right passage lead to...?

Koa aims to find out, as he turns to the right and heads in!
Last edited by SuperVaderMan on Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:36 pm

"Well...uh...if you can be sneaky about it maybe you can see them? But....I don't know.
I don't want them to find about you and use that against us..."
Haley pats Rhem on her head. "It's a shame I have to keep you secret but, I think it might be for the best." She recalls Rhem and head back to the others. "Uh Luna, are you going to help the mamma?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Alex can go to give Rhem some Empowered Development training.

"That leaves two Lessons and three Mentoring sessions. Who needs those? Bjorn? Luna? Numa? Zorobros? Hopper?"
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:38 pm

I suppose the location of my mother would be too far fetched... How about what is the actual story behind everything here? This maze holds many secrets... and I don't think it's just for the gym challenge.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:09 am

Izzy winces as Nate is knocked out, recalling him before he can hit the ground. Out next is Bugsy, who stares down the injured crow with crackling intensity.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:58 pm

Koa

Koa takes a right, needing to walk what seems like quite a bit down a singular, occasionally curving pathway... But eventually finds himself at it's end. Ahead of him seems a slightly larger room, designed almost like a hallway... Were it not for that it was almost immediately cut short by a heavy iron door. The only other remarkable feature in the room besides it right now seems to be a small plinth in front of it, upon which stand four small, circular indentations. They look like they'd be a perfect match for the idols he's carrying...

Haley, Alex, (Bjorn)

Haley speaks to Rhem, who does agree it's likely for the best to stay mostly in hiding for now... She doesn't seem to object to the matter. Alex meanwhile does a couple last moment tutoring, before Haley heads out to find Luna and Bjorn... Addressing the former.

"Uh Luna, are you going to help the mamma?"

"Yeah... Should be able to try that, now."

"Erm... Do we know where she is..?"

Irene

I suppose the location of my mother would be too far fetched... How about what is the actual story behind everything here? This maze holds many secrets... and I don't think it's just for the gym challenge.

"Oh, she thinks too highly of us."

"She thinks we know many things."

"And we might. But we do not sell information."

"We sell things that were lost in this here maze."

"Like this?" the voices say, as a shadowy tendril briefly pokes out of the darkness- Displaying clearly the murkrow idol she had lost earlier! It's quickly drawn back in the shadow, though.

"But oh, it'd cost you to get it back..."

"But if it's the truth you want..."

"You're going to need this." the voices say once more- Another tendril briefly poking out of the darkness to reveal another VHS tape. A red #3 written on it's side...

"Oh but that one will cost you..."

"A LOT."

"Or perhaps you simply desire something else? Many things are lost in the maze..."

Izzy

Jack considers for a moment... But does not switch.

Kay(24/20) conceded
Bugsy(22/18)
Nate(19/15) KO
Murkrow(16) badly injured
Houndour(15) KO
Scraggy(5) Very KO
Sableye(5)KO

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:01 pm

"Uhhh...no, but the zozoarks would. Wherever they went..."
Haley attempts to track down the zozoarks Surv [5d6+2] = 14+2 = 16

EDIT: If per is needed: Per [5d6+5] = 15+5 = 20

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:18 pm

Hm. Well, Koa happens to have more than enough idols to set in this thing, so he'll go ahead and do so!

He slots in the Abra, Mankey, Murkrow, and Cubone idols.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:58 pm

"Hm? Well, no worries, I can find them. Though it's not really anything special. The girl told us which parts to stay away from, those areas being their home, so we just go there. Then we just... Well, I'm good at finding things."

If it's necessary to actually search once we enter the Zoroark Zone, Intuition: 13
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:10 pm

As Izzy activates another of her Flash usages, Bugsy unloads a blast of electrified webbing at the Murkrow.

Electroweb (AC: 9, Damage: 40)

- Flash: 3 rounds of medium light

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:06 am

I know you couldn't know where my mother is, just the vain hope of what if... It's odd though for a maze that's suppose to encourage fear... every section seems isolated from the rest. From the acrobatic room, mirror room, and even the strange person I talked to all would have provided knowledge about what I seek, yet I asked before you showed me the tape... and how much does it cost, and what about the idol?
Irene listens to the price before asking what seems to be a more sensible way of doing things.
You know, it would help if you attached the price to the items you're showing me, you say a lot, but value is relative to the person. A water stone is priceless for a person looking for a vaporeon,
yet useless for a person who wishes for a jolteon.
Though Irene does pause before asking a second question. What items can people lose? Everything is taken from you before you walk in,
or are you about to attempt to sell me a variety of hats that fell off peoples heads as they ran in terror?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:15 pm

Haley, Alex, (Bjorn)

"Uhhh...no, but the zozoarks would. Wherever they went..."

"Hm? Well, no worries, I can find them. Though it's not really anything special. The girl told us which parts to stay away from, those areas being their home, so we just go there. Then we just... Well, I'm good at finding things."

Alex was right with his presumptions, and Haley is... Not too bad with trying to "track" some muddled prints. It doesn't take long for them to find an unenthused Numa lingering in the Eastern halls.

"Oh. You're still here. What is it?"

"It's... What we briefly talked about yesterday. Your mother. I'd like to try and heal her?"

Numa pauses... And frowns. Seeming to let out a small sigh eventually.

"...Ok. No funny business."

With that, Numa guides you the rest of the way- To the medical room of this place. Now redesigned into a single person room, the "single person" in question being what seems to be an elderly zoroark. Laying weakly in the hospital bed, an oxygen mask rather weakly attached to her muzzle...

Koa

Koa slots in some of his idols, and finds himself relieved the pedestal isn't some kind of trap that'd snag them all away! Instead, he finds the iron door in front of him slowly opening... Revealing. My god. No- It can't be! It's...

Another door.

Rather unenthused, especially by the fact there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to open the door, he instead directs himself to some kind of machine that was revealed behind the door, slightly off to the left... It seems like it's another kind of vending machine, vending out a reward for him... A "dusk stone", "razor claw", or "leaf stone".

Izzy

Bugsy manages to knock out the murkrow with little issue- Up next is a sandile.

Flash uses left: 4
Light turns remaining: 2
Kay(24/20) conceded
Bugsy(22/18)
Nate(19/15) KO
Sandile(18/15)
Murkrow(16) KO
Houndour(15) KO
Scraggy(5) Very KO
Sableye(5)KO

Irene

I know you couldn't know where my mother is, just the vain hope of what if... It's odd though for a maze that's suppose to encourage fear... every section seems isolated from the rest. From the acrobatic room, mirror room, and even the strange person I talked to all would have provided knowledge about what I seek, yet I asked before you showed me the tape... and how much does it cost, and what about the idol?

"Different people, different fears."

"Shh! Don't give away what we do know for free!"

"And for a price she asks."

"The idol is simple. Two items."

"No junk. You might be able to fool a machine, but you can not fool us."

"As for the tape, however."

"We will want that lantern."

"That key."

"An idol..."

"AND that torch!"

Whatever lurks in the darkness, they seem to laugh in unison, a brief cacophony of noise. "You will need to crawl all the way back to the exit in the dark..!"

"You know, it would help if you attached the price to the items you're showing me, you say a lot, but value is relative to the person. A water stone is priceless for a person looking for a vaporeon,
yet useless for a person who wishes for a jolteon. What items can people lose? Everything is taken from you before you walk in,
or are you about to attempt to sell me a variety of hats that fell off peoples heads as they ran in terror?"

"Oh, it is not the people that lose things..."

"But those that built this place... They want people to keep coming."

"Keep feeding it."

"Stow about rewards, to be found."

"And some of that may always get lost..."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:25 pm

"Is she... Really only sick? Is this medical equipment even working?"
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:42 pm

This is a pleasant surprise! Koa gladly chooses the razor claw, it being the only item here of any evolutionary use to him, with a Sneasel in the PC. It's also the only item with a use beyond that, so yeah, obvious pick!

As for the second door, Koa will give it a once over to see if maybe there's a hole to put the skeleton key into?

If he doesn't find anything, he'll shrug and come back the way he came, collecting the four idols there on the plinth along the way. Then he'll turn right and make his way into the half of the maze he has yet to explore....

Intuition and Perception starting into 2nd half of maze:
5d6+4 = [6, 5, 5, 4, 3] = 27
2d6 = [4, 2] = 6

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:44 pm

Haley frowns as she sees the zozomom and looks at Numa sadly. "Um...go ahead and do your thing Luna."