Civ 6 OOC: Return To Port Aug 31

Home to all current Forum Games.
Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Re: Civilization 6 OOC: Set Sail for... Stuff

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:21 am

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:As I understand it banes are some sort of corruptive spirit world influence that inhabits bodies. In this particular case wolverines. They are from the same backstory as the garou.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werewolf:_The_Apocalypse talks a little bit about it, and with a little bit of googling you could probably find a bit more. The "influence" here is known as The Wyrm.

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Wyrm has a little more about it, though I'm using it very very very loosely. Right now it's just an "evil influence". I treat it more as "The Crossed" minus how simple it is to be infected by said Crossed.

EDIT: Treat Banes as "very evil spirits". Maybe the opposite of Gynnidarcia. Quite powerful and difficult to take down, but Akki and the rest of the Pack should be able to handle one. many at once is another matter altogether...
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Re: Civ 6 OOC: Return To Port Aug 31

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:20 pm

I'll be back on the 31st or thereabouts. Catch you then and we'll pick right up where we left off.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:33 pm

Have fun....

Stop working for free....
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:06 am

Wait....the 31st? hey, that's only 2 days away....we don't have to wait that long after all woot..

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:21 am

31st of August. That's a month away.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:29 am

:( awww sad face...

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:40 pm

It's been 5 days since I heard from the artist I commissioned. This makes the third that might have flaked out. (the first one disappeared from the web, the second one got chased off the web by a stalker, and I dunno about this one. However, I'll be honest, this sea-based adventure wasn't as fun to write as I thought, despite coming up with all the background (which at least some of is going in this story I'm writing). Part of me wants to take it as a sign I put too much into it all at once and just retire from doing Civs (especially that I find myself coming by less unless it was to update) before they turn into an overburdened pile of crap.

We'll see on the 31st, that's still my planned "shift focus back" date.

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:44 am

Noo! dont stop making civ's!
everyone loves them (we dont care that you abandon them regularly!)
Click here if you want to beat me up!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:56 am

Yeah....i mean, no pressure....but...i mean, every time you plan on starting a new Civ, i hang on to the edge of my seat in expectation.

heck, if you aren't feeling the current Civ, I would be up for hanging this one up and going back to the origins of this game in which...we were all just goblins...with player characters....and the horrible things that happened...

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:51 am

Kelten wrote:Noo! dont stop making civ's!
everyone loves them (we dont care that you abandon them regularly!)
It's this, that keeps me coming back to do them :P

Badge --- I just might. Sea life just ain't for me. Heh. But it will have to wait until after my next move to a new location, wherever that might be. So probably next year.

Starting a new civ, despite all the "bloat", was a bad idea in the first place. We'll see on the 31st. *disappears again*

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:52 am

If its just this particular civ 6 that you dislike and not civs in general, just start over. As much as I like the current story, if you're not feeling it, then you're not feeling it. I do have ideas for a different sets of tweaks.

As for going back to basics, as I understand it he's made attempts to evolve his games with each iteration. Now he just needs to cut out the things he doesn't like or that just don't work. Mistakes happen, that doesn't mean he should go backwards.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:00 am

I'm merely suggesting this:

The reason this game was so much fun, for aegis, is that he was able to write long-winded essays about this that and the other. By creating a system that has so much rolling being done, i would think that it is bogging him down to the point of running the game no longer feels like fun.

This is why i suggested that we go back to more simple times, when we were all the same race, we didn't have world tweaks and we were simply goblins, going about our lives and doing insane shit.

I would rather go back to this and continue having Civ games, then stop forever.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:03 pm

Alright, it's the 31st, I do have everything saved, but really I need to focus on an exit strategy now from where I am currently living (especially since things happened that never in a billion years I'd expect of the guy I'm mooching off of). I'm going to call this a wash, not just because waterborne adventures aren't terribly fun to write about in my opinion, but Badge's right, I started with waaaaaaay too much.

I'll come back in Spring of 2015 with another. If Thunt hasn't updated the comic by then at least once, it will likely be my last (if people haven't already up and left). We'll have a single race choice too instead of multiples.

Anyway, abandonin' thread. And the games forum for now.

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:19 pm

Guess it will be another 3 months then. This was fun while it lasted.
I'm still reading shifters.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:00 pm

More like 6 months, 3 months is still winter of 2014.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:38 pm

I won't lie. I'm a little disappointed it won't return, but if its not fun to do then I can't fault the decision to end it. Good luck with your situation.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10