Shipwrecked!

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:48 am

"BELEAK!!!!"

Ala starts hauling the rope in as fast as she can.
► Show Spoiler

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:14 am

"Now that's just great..." Beleak rants. He approaches the chest and tries to open it.

After hearing Ala's shout, he yells back "Don't worry! I'm fine! There is a chest here and a potion that should make me able to fly to the other side! I will return soon!"
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:45 am

Darfel looks particularly baffled.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Cranberry looks amused and shrugs.
" Ala he's fine." He says throwing a pebble and watching it soar upwards " I can sense it."Sagely nodding his head he starts whistling and doing card tricks.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:04 am

"Wait... We actually got something from this?!"

"So what's in the chest?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:22 am

In the chest, Beleak finds
  • A pair of gloves
  • A dagger
  • A full plate (Did I mention it was a rather large chest?)
  • Boots
  • A cloak
  • An amulet
  • Bracers
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:32 am

"...Great, more items I won't have the ingredients to identify."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:47 am

Ala will contain her excitement until Beleak gets back.

"Holy crap!! Look at all the loot! OHMYGODYOUFOUNDNEWARMOUR!!"

Please may Ala have the full plate? She's also interested in the bracers but doesn't want to be greedy.
► Show Spoiler

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:54 am

Beleak tries to put the stuff in his back pack. He carries everything that does not fit in there. Then, he drinks the potion. Assuming it grants him flight (or similar), he will fly back to the group.

"First guys, I think one of the magicians should see if these things are even magical. Maybe it's just normal, boring items. Than, we should find a way to identify them. And only after identifying split. But IO guess Ala can have the armor since she is the only one who uses that kind of armor anyway. "

► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:08 am

Hells yeah!

Shall we stay here for a while to fully recover (my stats are still down, and so are Darfel's) and give the wizards a chance to identify the gear we found (plus the gear we already have that's not been ID'd either)? I don't know if we can stay somewhere for several days at a time or if that's not possible (or really, really unwise?). I guess we could also head back outside if our current locale wasn't safe enough.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 am

"Yeah, problem with identifying stuff is I only got one more swig of that horrible booze... I really don't get why that is the required magical catalyst for that spell."

"Anyways... Can I see those pieces of the outfit?"
Jaspers says, examining them to see if they "fit" together, noting that it are all individual pieces to make a whole set- And, assuming they are-

"You know, this almost looks like a whole suit... Maybe even made by worshippers of something or another..."

"...Maybe try putting it on all at once first? Maybe something'll happen... Then I can check if the pieces are magical."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:02 am

Ala looks up at Jasper while half-in and half-out of her new plate mail.

"Huh... You think? Maybe we should look for a name tag or something?"

Ala will examine all the new things looking for non-magical identifiers (e.g. symbols, names, a label saying 'this is a very magical cape'... that kind of thing).

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:12 pm

All of it seems to be of rather good quality.
  • The gloves are white and covered in symbols. You recognise the symbols to be arcane and are used for both Conjuration and Abjuration. You don't know much more about them than that though
  • The dagger is made of some sort of shining black metal. Rather small for a normal human (it is small sized)
  • The full plate have carvings of a dragon, and in generally have a slight hint of red in the metal.
  • The boots look to be made from some sort of reptile hide
  • The cloak is golden on the sides, and the further you look towards the middle, the darker red it becomes. A few golden lines through it seems to create a form for star.
  • The amulet consist of a large scale trapped inside amber with gold around it holding it fast and connected to the necklace.
  • The bracers seems very simple but also with a red hue to it.
Last edited by Theis2 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:18 pm

"...I really want those gloves, but I still think one of us should try and put on the full suit at once first. Any takers...?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:36 pm

"Yes, all right. I can use the plate anyway, so the rest of it is pretty quick to take off."

Dress me up!

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:48 pm

Dressing Ala up turns her into a large red dragon that eat all of you

Nothing happens when Ala stands in all the collected gear.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:52 pm

"And? Feeling funny or anything like that?"

"Ah, fine- Take off everything and put it besides you- Besides the plate, then. I'm going to cast detect magic and see what items exactly are magic..."
Jaspers says, making sure each individual item is in his view before casting detect magic to identify which ones are magic.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:54 pm

► Show Spoiler
Ala glances at the others and then absconds with all the loot.

Ala remembers she's a paladin and takes off any of the items that the others want to wear or check out. She'll keep anything they don't want.

EDIT: If Jasper wants to detect magic, she'll lie down next to all the other things so that he can detect on her plate mail as well.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:10 pm

Detect magic works for something like a minute per caster level when concentrated on, so no need gather it all into one place to check it out, you got a bit of time, also to identify what kind of auras they are.
  • The gloves are white and covered in symbols. You recognise the symbols to be arcane and are used for both Conjuration and Abjuration. You don't know much more about them than that though
    A powerful but undiscernible aura
  • The dagger is made of some sort of shining black metal. Rather small for a normal human (it is small sized)
    A moderate but undiscernible aura
  • The full plate have carvings of a dragon, and in generally have a slight hint of red in the metal.
    No aura
  • The boots look to be made from some sort of reptile hide
    They have a moderate transmutation aura
  • The cloak is golden on the sides, and the further you look towards the middle, the darker red it becomes. A few golden lines through it seems to create a form for star.
    A faint but undiscernible aura
  • The amulet consist of a large scale trapped inside amber with gold around it holding it fast and connected to the necklace.
    A faint transmutation aura
  • The bracers seems very simple but also with a red hue to it.
    A moderate conjuration aura
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:14 pm

"As I was saying, the literature of Viveracta is absolutely sublime in the way it shows the truth and struggle of the common against the upper class of a destroyed ideal. Framed within hope and wrapped in..." Jerome walks into the area and stops speaking as he spots the group surrounding a woman lying down in armour next to a pile of stuff while one of the group makes hand gestures over her. She at least seemed to be alive.

"I am not... interrupting anything am I?" Jerome asks awkwardly, straightening his clothes. He'd managed to keep the clothes perfectly clean despite the difficulty but he should still look presentable in front of new company.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:21 pm

The group notice a large half orc (It's Jerome/BeanDip) and a halfling (TheSedated) near the entrance to the pit room as they loudly enters the room
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:23 pm

Ah dammit! The only thing without an aura...

Ala stands up and dusts down her shiny new armour.

Anyway, I've got the big thing I've been after (assuming no more rust monsters!) so you guys decide who should get whatever else. I think the gloves are probably worth checking more carefully though, since they've got the strongest magical aura, and then we call roll dice for checking the rest (if you can examine more than one?).

At the interuption, Ala spins around and raises her sword.

"State your business here! Who are you?"

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:32 pm

"Oh gracious! So quick to violence! I am Jerome Kinevestas, scholar." He puts his hands up in the air and looks at the halfling. "I think we may have wandered into a brigand's lair or perhaps some sort of sexual cult like in Bek Gillslayer's classic novel: "The Mystery of Old Lady Nevek's House".
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:38 pm

"Scholar of what? Where did you come from? And what's a 'sexual cult'?"

Ala will Detect Evil at the newcomers.

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:43 pm

"Books, scrolls and tomes of all kinds." He says, "I was on a ship carrying an orginal copy of King Leon the 6th's speech at the Battle of Gregorra when the ship sunk. I washed up, lost the scroll and have been traveling for a while now."

He looks around awkwardly as to how to answer the third question. "You see, when a mommy and a daddy and an eldritch horror love each other very much..."