Shipwrecked!

Home to all current Forum Games.

Moderator: Games Moderators

Shipwrecked!

Postby Theis2 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:47 am

You’ve spent a month on a voyage across the sea and you are only halfway. The boat you’re on is only a small part of the fleet you are sailing with. During the voyage you’ve noticed how the sailors have been more on guard and nervous, about some rumours that this voyage will be the most troublesome halfway through. Out of nowhere a storm appeared and huge waves appeared. Looking over the gunwale you see some of the ships tipping over. You hear a sound from the opposite site of the ship, and you feel how the ship starts to flip while you hear a roar from the skies. You cling to the gunwale, and see one side of it suddenly smashed to splinters and shortly after you see a shadow near the gunwale and you lose consciousness…

Boldal wakes when he feels something poking him in the face. He mumbles and start spitting to get rid of the taste of sand and saltwater. Everyone else wakes up to a high pitched scream followed by the same person screaming “The small scary fat one is alive!” and what sounds like someone running in the sand.

Jasper and Cranberry wakes up clutching their spell book in their hands thankful for buying a temporary protection enhancement for their book protecting it from water.

Morgan wakes up lying on her back looking up on a man crouched above her. She can see his upper body but his arms are reaching towards her body and she can’t see or feel what he is doing. Morgan struggles a bit just to find out she is rather helplessly caught in a net.
You hear some guy yell: “Hey Larry seems you finally caught a chick to take home!”
Morgan notices how the man above her starts to blush before yelling back to the other Shut up! I’m just freeing her from this net…”

Ala, Beleak and Sandro slowly stand up though their aching body pleads to them to stay down.
They get a good look at the beach.

Looking at the beach they see about 8 lightly armoured people searching the debris on the beach, which consist mostly of barrels, chests, boxes and various planks and the like. Ala notices a small boy running towards a man standing on top of large rock overseeing the beach and seeing the smirk on his face she assume he was the guy yelling at Larry.

[spoil]I know everyone isn't completely ready but seems you are ready enough to start, so here goes!
I would like everyone to post what they say in character with a colour, since that helps me discern what is action and what is speaking :)


Holy crap I'm making a game! :shudder:[/spoil]
Last edited by Theis2 on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
Games I'm in
The island as Shackled by many
The goblin adventure league as Steals the tequilla (Free for all to join and wait for a quest/game)
PTU trinity isle as Drake the researcher of pokemon and the occult
Lair of the mountain king as Wakes in mountains

I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread
User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
 
Posts: 5864
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:00 pm

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby I'mBob » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:58 am

Beleak tries to sustain the pain and tries to stands up and rubs his clothes away from sand and dirt.
He then approaches one of the peoples that are searching in the debris.
"What's going on? Are you from the ship? Do you know where are we?"
[spoil]For personal reference.

Beleak (Shipwrecked)
Gendalr (Ashren)[/spoil]
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.
User avatar
I'mBob
Game Master
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:28 am
Location: The Holy Land

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby M0rtimer » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:15 am

Jaspers gets up, letting himself leak out as he sees his robes covered with sand and water.

"Damnit, look at this mess! Did... Did the ship actually crash? Oh goddamnit! Where are we then?"
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10050
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby lingrem » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:17 am

Morgan laughs, despite the fact that she is stuck. She knows she would have yelled something similar to the man, Larry, if she wasn't the person caught.

"I guess I should have figured I'd get caught in a net one of these days...that's karma for you! You don't suppose you could hurry up a bit, could you Larry?"

From where she is, Morgan looks around for Rhubarb. True to form, the otter is still in the water having a great time.

"Some help YOU were you little rodent!" she calls out to him. Rhubarb swims to the shore and comes towards her, his eyes sparkling. Morgan knows he's laughing inside.

"I'm Morgan, by the way. Fair's fair, seeing as I know you're Larry. Where are we?"
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!
User avatar
lingrem
Former Mod
 
Posts: 3947
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:11 am
Location: North of the Middle of Nowhere.

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby M0rtimer » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:35 am

"Hmm, an otter. I better be careful just in case it goes after... Raz! Come back boy!" Jasper yells in realization, his familiar appearing back to reality in the blink of an eye.

"Ah, there you are. Should have known better then that you'd let something ill befall on you."

[spoil]So yeah, Theis is apparently going to kill my poor rat. A lot.[/spoil]
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10050
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby thinkslogically » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:20 pm

Ala's hands immediately go to her neck to check her carving. Finding it safely in place, she relaxes and hauls herself up onto her feet trying to beat the sand off her clothes and armour. She scans around the beach and the shallow water to make sure everyone is ok. If she sees anyone floating in the water, or looking like they are hurt / struggling / unconscious she'll rush out to them to try and help shouting for anyone else nearby to help her.

If she doesn't see anyone requiring assistance, she stays on the beach:

"Urg... Salt water and scale mail do not mix... Right. Is everyone ok? Nobody's hurt are they? Good stuff."

Spotting the man overlooking the bay she strides over to the dunes and shouts up to him. Something about his smirk riles her up for some reason.

"Hey! You up there! Yeah you up on the rocks! What is this place? And who rules here?"
Last edited by thinkslogically on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 10446
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby TeaWeed » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:24 pm

Sandro groans thoroughly, and slowly rises from the sand.

He then proceeds to quickly check for bruises before making sure his belongings are still, in fact with him.
After seeing the ruin the seawater has made to some of the contents of his backpack, he mutters "Lovely bloody weather you've got here..." all the while scooping ruined chalk, dissolved parchment, and a broken bottle of what looks to have been hard-liquor out of his drenched bag.

"Where in the seven hells are we? And who do I have the pleasure of being in company with, if I may ask?.... Name's Sandro, by the way He flashes a cautious smile in the general direction of the people on the beach. While keeping a close eye on the armored men.
TeaWeed
Whispers Softly
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:44 pm

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby askstoomuch » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:29 am

boldal, rubs the sand out of his beard agh spit on the ground yek
and walks aimlessly trough the sand
what the hell happend ?
User avatar
askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles
 
Posts: 4187
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:02 pm

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby Jacon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:59 am

Cranberry is wondering rather aimlessly clutching his spellbook and muttering under his breath. His white grey robes still cling to his body showing how skinny and gaunt he is. The incredibly tell old man reaches with a shaking hand and pulls back his sleeves and checks his arm but whatever writing he might have put their to remind himself of what he was doing had been washed away by seawater.
Cranberry makes his way to Ala and stops short not quite sure what to do. Instead he just glances at the man overlooking the bay trying to get a better idea of who or what he is.
Jacon
Indulges in Conversation
 
Posts: 901
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:22 pm

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby thinkslogically » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:04 am

"...Oh! Do you need help, sir? You were on the same ship with me weren't you? Gods, you look cold..."

Ala, suddenly aware of the old man beside her who looks like he might be about to keel over, offers a hand to steady him if he looks like he needs it.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 10446
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby Jacon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:24 am

The old man accepts her hand in steadying him. After taking a few deep breaths the old man manages to stand straight to his full size and looks steady enough that he releases her hand.
" Thank you" He says, the words coming slow to him as if he having a hard time knowing what to say. " I think I am alright though I don't know where I am." and than as if for the first time he notices his wet robes. " You are right...It is cold..."
He says almost thoughtfully.

He looks up at the man at the rocks and starts to flip through his book to remind himself what spells he has prepared today.

( Spells prepared.)
Charm Person.
Sleep.

2 flares.
Read magic
Detect magic.
Jacon
Indulges in Conversation
 
Posts: 901
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:22 pm

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby thinkslogically » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:43 am

Ala drags off her wet cloak and offers it to the old man.

"Here, it's wet, but it might help you a bit... I'm Ala, who are you?"
Last edited by thinkslogically on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 10446
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby Jacon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:48 am

The old man accepts the cloak placing it on his shoulders.
" It is a pleasure to meet you Ala, I am..." The mans brow wrinkles in thought and he checks his sleeve again but their is still no writing on it.
I believe am Cranberry, like the fruit." He says finally.
Jacon
Indulges in Conversation
 
Posts: 901
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:22 pm

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby thinkslogically » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:05 am

"Likewise! Excuse me a moment, I was just speaking to this guy to try and find out where we are. But I think it would be good for us to stick together for a little while..."

Ala will turn most of her attention to the guy on the hilltop, but if Cranberry wanders off again she'll follow him - he seems fairly shaken from the wreck and she's going to keep an eye on him.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 10446
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby Theis2 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:08 am

Beleak approaches one of the nearby guys rummaging through an almost intact crate with various mostly broken goods.

"What's going on? Are you from the ship? Do you know where are we?"

“Oh, we are just salvaging some of the remnants from the recent storm. We are on what we usually call debris coast. Talk to the boss on the rock if you got more questions, because I’d rather work than deal with confused survivors.”
He waves of Beleak and picks a few trinkets up from the crate.

Jasper gets up from the sand slightly dripping with water as the rest of the survivors. "Damnit, look at this mess! Did... Did the ship actually crash? Oh goddamnit! Where are we then?"

Morgan starts laughing and Larry’s face turn to an even darker red colour as she continue to speak. "I guess I should have figured I'd get caught in a net one of these days...that's karma for you! You don't suppose you could hurry up a bit, could you Larry?"
”Uhm, yes of course” Larry starts to fiddle with the net even faster and slightly shaking.

"Some help YOU were you little rodent!" she calls out to him. Rhubarb swims to the shore and comes towards her, his eyes sparkling as he starts crawling around Morgan, using her captivity as an opportunity to steal a snack.

"I'm Morgan, by the way. Fair's fair, seeing as I know you're Larry. Where are we?"
”Um, hi Morgan… we are up north on the debris coast Larry shortly looks at Morgan before looking away carefully to not look at her for too long. I’m sorry if I… You know… uhmm never mind..”
Morgan’s legs are no longer tangled into the fishing net.

"Hmm, an otter. I better be careful just in case it goes after... Raz! Come back boy!" Jasper yells in realization.
A small rat climbs out of a little crate bobbing around in the water close to the shore line and quickly swims towards his master.
"Ah, there you are. Should have known better then that you'd let something ill befall on you."

[spoil]You can’t actually summon the familiar even though it is named summon familiar
Yeah I know, kind of wonky naming xD[/spoil]

Looking through the nearby debris he finds his bag and a couple of items lying around that have fallen out, and he promptly checks the content of the bag.
"Lovely bloody weather you've got here..."
"Where in the seven hells are we? And who do I have the pleasure of being in company with, if I may ask?.... Name's Sandro, by the way
Seems most of the people ignores him or didn’t hear it.

Ala grabs a her necklace and she seems very relieved to find it still there. As she looks around she find herself looking at a hilly area straight ahead, and to the left and right she sees many mountains in the distance. Looking behind and out on the water she discovers they have washed up on a lagoon with the inlet being between two mountains forming what could seem like an arch above the inlet between them. It seems artificially made. There are quite a few bodies scattered around but they all seem to be unable to breathe in their current position.
"Urg... Salt water and scale mail do not mix... Right. Is everyone ok? Nobody's hurt are they? Good stuff."
With determination Ala moves towards the man on the rock, now accompanied with the boy hiding behind his legs.
"Hey! You up there! Yeah you up on the rocks! What is this place? And who rules here?"
The man seems surprised to the aggressiveness but quickly answers loudly so everyone can hear him ”Hey there, you are on Debris coast where no one rules but many rulers visit! Or their loyal subject does. They often come here to salvage whatever is left from the storms, and we take what they leave behind. “

As the dwarf stands up the “boss” shifts his attention to him, and the child seems to fasten the grip around his legs while he tries to hide.

Ala notice the old man is wandering around stopping next to her and quickly gives him her cloak to help him keep warm.

[spoil]pheew, that kinda ended up being quite a bit more than I expected. I got a question for you guys. What should I do about the thing's between the pc's? I considered to just quickly mention what action was taken, and you could just read what the other people wrote, or do you want everything in the updates?
Oh, and some of you are making it hard to get the update through! :lol:[/spoil]
Games I'm in
The island as Shackled by many
The goblin adventure league as Steals the tequilla (Free for all to join and wait for a quest/game)
PTU trinity isle as Drake the researcher of pokemon and the occult
Lair of the mountain king as Wakes in mountains

I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread
User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
 
Posts: 5864
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:00 pm

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby TeaWeed » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:45 am

Debris Coast... An apt name, it would seem. Sandro walks slowly towards the cluster of people arround the man on the cliff.

Excuse me, but it seems to me that we ought to find some sort of shelter... Frankly we might want to stick together, seeing as I have no fancies about finding out what those people will pilfer once they're done with the wreckage. Sandro raises his voice to address the man on the cliff: Is there by any chance a village, or a tavern arround here? A trading post perhaps?

Sandro casually begins stringing his bow, once done he slings it over his back looking apprehensively at the cluster of people
TeaWeed
Whispers Softly
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:44 pm

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby lingrem » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:55 am

Morgan finishes getting herself out of the net if there's anymore still stuck on her, and picks herself up and starts dusting off the sand from her clothes.

When she's got as much off as possible, she sticks a hand out to Larry for a handshake. "Thanks for the help Larry! No worries about anything, as long as all my stuff's still here then I'm good to go! Where's home to all of you then? I could definitely do with a warm fire and a good drink. Care to join and fill me and the rest of us drowned rats in on the local life?

Assuming that Larry is rather timid, Morgan sizes him up physically to see if he's likely as weak in body as he seems to be in mind. [spoil]((I'm not sure which roll to do for that, but I'll do it when I get home! Sense motive maybe??))[/spoil]
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!
User avatar
lingrem
Former Mod
 
Posts: 3947
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:11 am
Location: North of the Middle of Nowhere.

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby I'mBob » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:05 pm

Beleak walks to the rock that the guy pointed at.

"Who is the boss here? I want to ask him some questions" Beleak says.
Assuming he gets to talk with the boss, he says the following:
"Hello, I'm Beleak. I am a survivor from the ship and would like to know what happened to the ship and if you know where are we? Is that an island or a continent?

Also, If I can be of your service in helping gathering survivors and such I would like to do so. I'm a scout from an elvish army and I'm sure my skills can be useful in this kind of missions.
[spoil]For personal reference.

Beleak (Shipwrecked)
Gendalr (Ashren)[/spoil]
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.
User avatar
I'mBob
Game Master
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:28 am
Location: The Holy Land

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby thinkslogically » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:40 pm

"... Thank you."

Ala scowls at the workers scavenging the wreckage of their ship.

"...and they don't even stop to help the hurt or bury the dead..."

She sighs to herself and tries to keep calm as she turns her attention to the bodies on the beach. She pats Cranberry on the shoulder as she walks past him, saying "You hold onto that cloak for now, I've got something to take care of."

She checks each of the bodies to see if anyone is still alive, and if they are, she'll attempt to stabilise them [Heal (First Aid): Roll = 9].

If everyone's dead, she'll start pulling the bodies up the beach and away from the rising tide so as to give them a decent burial or cremation if needs be.

As Cranberry makes his announcement and starts helping with the bodies, she pauses in surprise and then laughs to herself at the apparently-not-so-frail old man. She is starting to suspect that life away from the monastery may turn out to be a little more surprising than she had anticipated.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 10446
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby Jacon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:00 pm

Cranberries eyes narrow as he agrees with Alas assement of the workers. He shambles over to them and stops a few feet away. Standing up straight he voice becomes booming and commanding.
" You should not be here. This is our wrecked home and we will bury it. Begone.
( Intimidate check +2) If they listen and flee he'll just watch them go. Or if they ignore him he'll just bow down a little as if a great weight had been place on him and make his way back to Ala.

He'll start helping to place the bodies away from the shore. Throwing a body over his shoulder at a time. For a old man he seems pretty strong and capable.
Jacon
Indulges in Conversation
 
Posts: 901
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:22 pm

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby askstoomuch » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:04 pm

euhm what's the problem little bro ?


this color doesn't look so much like the one lin stole from me :P
User avatar
askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles
 
Posts: 4187
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:02 pm

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby M0rtimer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:06 pm

Jasper looks at the men, seeing them salvage the ship with little actual regards to the stranded passengers... Well, little at least- They did help that half-elven girl, but something makes him skeptical of the fact they would have done the same if it had been, for example, an old guy. Like the one that just washed up. Only as he sees him skipping through his spellbook he realizes they're of the same "kin".

"Hello there! You are alright I hope? A man of your wisdom and age shouldn't have to go through that."

"Anyways... That is your spell book is it not? I'm a wizard myself! Not really that skilled but still, I've been dabbling a lot in the act of conjuration... Do you specialize in anything?"
Jasper briefly thinks before adressing one of the men trying to salvage the ship- He doesn't really care about the ship, but being glad he's alive he should seek to find the civilized world once more at the least. "Anyways, men... Where would we find the most nearby village? And would it be possible to begin chartering a ship there to our original location, considering our current ride has well... I'm pretty sure you realize."
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10050
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby Jacon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:59 pm

"Hello there! You are alright I hope? A man of your wisdom and age shouldn't have to go through that."

The old man looks up to see Jesper approaching him. He tenderly puts his book away and gives the man a slight smile.
" A men of my age and wisdom has suffered it all and with a grin if has made this far.."

"Anyways... That is your spell book is it not? I'm a wizard myself! Not really that skilled but still, I've been dabbling a lot in the act of conjuration... Do you specialize in anything?"

" Ah, I am very good at card tricks!" Shuffling into his pocket he pulls out a small wooden box and pulls out a complete dry deck of cards.
"Pick one!" He says with a grin holding them out flatly to Jesper.
Jacon
Indulges in Conversation
 
Posts: 901
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:22 pm

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby M0rtimer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:01 pm

"Ah... Not really the kind of magic I was expecting... But sure." Jasper says, grabbing a card.
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10050
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: Shipwrecked! (Earlier known as D&D 3.5 game)

Postby Jacon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:09 pm

As soon as Jespers fingers pull out a card a flash of light suddenly strikes his eyes making him go blind for just a second and than everything becomes a little fuzzy. ( Flare, 1- to attack for the next six seconds.)

Cranberry meanwhile bursts into laughter and slapping his knee.
"That is always fun! The look on their faces." He says wiping tears from his face. Chuckling he places a arm on Jesper.
" If I have learn anything in my long years its that...." He stops and he's face loses all merriment. Lowering his arm he tries to remember what he years had taught him. He checks his sleeve again hoping some reminder is their but once again his skin is blank. Finally he lets out a sigh.
" well, i'm sure whatever it was it was good to know.."
Jacon
Indulges in Conversation
 
Posts: 901
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:22 pm

Next

Return to Forum Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: M0rtimer and 4 guests