Trouble In Xanth - Chapter 6: Sinking

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theonewhoisodd
Game Master
UStream Username: Theonewhoisodd

Re: Trouble In Xanth - Chapter 6: Sinking

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:57 pm

OOC: hoping to get Allune and Tenel's actions before I update.
My Kickstarter

"There is no such thing as overkill, there's kill and there's gravy." -Kurik

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:28 am

Allune walks carefully down the path, keeping a close eye for traps

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:10 am

Tenel does likewise except he lets Allune goes first

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:57 am

Allune grumbles and becomes smaller to see traps better, and to not set them off. Xe then uses xis talent and makes the length of the tunnel smaller.

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master
UStream Username: Theonewhoisodd

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:12 pm

Bill, Jas, and Synge begin walking down their tunnel following the little fire mouse. The mouse stops suddenly and the group soon figures out why. A large stream is cutting through the tunnel, it's about twice as long as Bill is and seems to be about as deep as Synge is tall.

Thunderhoof and Duncan follow Duncan's light through the tunnel. Soon the walls begin to glow radiating a strange blue light. A dim voice can be heard coming from the cave wall itself.

Tenel and Allune begin walking, Tenel has to walk much slower so as to not pass up Allune's much reduced size. The walls close in around them and block off the tunnel. About halfway up the wall there is a small tunnel.
My Kickstarter

"There is no such thing as overkill, there's kill and there's gravy." -Kurik

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:48 pm

"Okay, hoist me up into the hold and hold onto my hand. I will shrink you down so thatI can lift you up into the tunnel, okay, um...Tenel, was it?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:47 pm

Duncan ignores the glow, keeping his illusion up and walking ahead, "If the voice becomes clear, don't listen to it. Don't look around for it. Just keep your eyes ahead, and keep walking. There are a few traps that this could be, that I've heard of. The voices of the dead, looking to lure you into joining them, spirits of madness, which will drive you insane should you look at them, tricks to show you the ones you care about most and lure you into danger, it could be any number of things. And the dangers greatly outnumber the safe ones."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:52 pm

"Synge, can you turn the mouse into a birdie? Have it fly around in different directions? I want to see more of this cavern. Where is the stream coming from? Where does it go? What's on the other side?"
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:31 pm

" Oh lovely...I'm suddenly the muscle in the group.." Tenel sighs and hoists him up to the hold. " Yes, my names Tenel. Nice to see your making a effort to learn your companions names." Tenel waits to be lifted up.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:39 pm

"Not sure how much of that muscle you will need since I am much smaller than normal." After Allune gets into the tunnel, xe leans down to grab Tenel's hand and shrinks him quickly and hoist him up. "It looks to be dark ahead, could you perhaps use your talent to direct us the safest way towards our allies or out if that is not possible?"
Allune makes sure xe sticks close to Tenel, so that xe does not get lost

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:46 pm

Jas ponders for a moment, "You know this would be quite handy if I was a normal water wizard, but all I can to at the moment is confuse us all...Or if this is another..." Jas focuses his mind on Bill for a moment and tries to see if there is any magic clouding his mind like illusion magic.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:14 am

► Show Spoiler
Thunderhoof tries to ignore the blue light and the voice and move onward with Duncan. "I don't know if you are right about the illusions and traps, but we certainly have lost enough time with other things already, and should be on our way."
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:31 am

"I'm not sure if I'm right, either, but I'd rather not risk it. Those sinkholes were hardly natural, and I doubt the tunnel they put us in is going to be friendly."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:10 am

Synge sticks his tongue out and scrunches his face in concentration. The flame mouse grows and morphs into the shape of a small phoenix, which takes off and flaps around the perimeter of the cavern and up and down the stream, dimming if it goes a considerable distance from Synge, who obviously has a limit to the range of his power. Once it has made a complete circuit it flies up to the ceiling at the centre of the cavern and hovers there, casting a flickering illumination over the stream.
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:46 am

► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler