Kobold Mine [one slot open]

Home to all current Forum Games.
ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: Kobold Mine [one slot open]

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:59 pm

Wait it CAN'T be repaired. Well this did not turn out well at all. Perhaps someone can trade for that copper breastplate?

Active: Since the armor is beyond repair, Nockit will see if he can salvage anything from it.
Passive: Finish setting up his trap
Training: spell- healing
► Show Spoiler
Passive: set his final trap right outside the boarded up tunnel just in case something breaks through.
[Knowledge - Defensive Strategies: 2 d 6 +1 (fluff) = 7]
[R7 S7 D10] ÔÇô ongoing +1 XP
Why is it difficulty 10? It was 10 for 2 traps, then 5 for 1. Now 10 for 1? Thanks for fixing that.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:37 am

► Show Spoiler
KnickKnack's actions:
Active: attach javelin head (rat, fine) to javelin shafts (ash, good) (2/4 turns)
Passive: attach javelin head (rat, fine) to javelin shafts (ash, good) (3/4 turns)
Training: Spell: Healing (Cha?)

► Show Spoiler
Also, I vote we let that kobold keep that frog(?), who knows what will come of that. I'm curious. ^^

And we should try and at least get the armor from Lossa, the trader. (The brought 1x shovel [metal (iron), metal (iron)], 1x brestplate [metal (copper)] ) Would be interesting to know what he could want for it. :shrug:
(Seeing how ClinkClank - the PC with the best Persuade score is not playing the game anymore, I'm going to try and get him into a good mood, the stew will most likely not last long before it spoils, anyways.)

RP: KnickKnack welcomes Lossa and invites him to take part in the great feasting on that delicious stew. "Welcome to our humble mine. Come, sit by the fire, eat! We can't offer much comforts yet, no blankets to sit on, no fancy cutlery or plates, but we did manage to cook a nice stew. Much nicer to talk about business with a full belly, isn't it? I see you have brought a breastplate and a shovel with you, and I can see those items being of some use to us, perhaps. Would you be willing to trade them for some wonderful spell ingredients? Like some poisonous herbs and berries that we picked very recently, so they are fresh and juicy still? We even got various kinds for you to pick from."
(If I didn't miss anything, we got: 4 kinds: herb (wolfbane), herb (ivy), berries (lord and ladies) and berries (belladonna). I wouldn't mind to offer one of each kind for the breast plate. But I dunno what the other players think, they are more than welcome to chime in on this. If the trader is in a very good mood from the meal, KnickKnack might even try and get both items for the assorted berries & herbs.)

Oh, and @ GM: Why didn't the smelly entrails get thrown into the mini-spider cave? Or did they, and you just didn't remove them from the items list yet?

► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:33 am

"Look at this funny litty guy!" He shows him a frog. Its white-bluish with four eyes. He could swear it has licked his own eyes right now... on both sides simultary. "Can I keep him? I know we need food but... please?"

"Hmm, this is a difficult position you put me me in.. What's your name?"
"The frog you have caught is certainly a special specimen and I wouldn't use it for food as it is now. I think you can keep it, but I will have to discuss it with KnickKnack who knows more about creatures than I do. She may be able to tell us if it is poisonous or if it have any other qualities that's important to know about."

Upon spotting the trader in camp Krat scratches his throat before talking again to the kobold.
"[Kobold's name] can I take the frog and show it to KnickKnack while you gather the gold I've mined so far. It could be of good use with the trader that just arrived."

Active: Investigate the blue frog without hurting it, asking KnickKnack for help doing so (and if possible stay near the trader using sense motive to see if he tries to trick us for a good deal)
Passive: Refine the firestone
Training: Sense motive
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:36 am

*gathers its spell - healing(wis). And yeah somehow I did miss the part about 20 spiders. Though I did read the part at the end about more being in their webs.

Changing my actions a bit since the trap issue is resolved:

Active: Since the armor is beyond repair, Nockit will see if he can salvage anything from it.
Passive: Try to make fire arrows (bolt of cloth + arrows? Tailoring? if this won't work let me know and I'll change my action accordingly)
Training: spell- healing
► Show Spoiler
If possible start by using the damaged arrows, since I'm assuming lighting an arrow on fire will destroy it. he will make as many arrows as one bolt of cloth will allow.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

eirikdaude
Whispers Softly

Post by eirikdaude » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:00 am

Ludo's actions:
A: Continue exploring the hill (while exploring, bring along samples of any interesting herbs, berries, fruit or stone for later identification)
P: Continue improving gem
T: Craft (Leather)

In regards to the exploration, has Ludo recognized any of the stuff he's seen? E.g., does he know what type of eggs / birds are on the mountain, or does he know anything about the black powder or fruits on the tree? I don't see anything about him attempting to identiy them, will I have to use a seperate action for that?

Oh, and I was sort of planning on making a sling for him once I get back to the cave, is Craft (Leather) the correct choice for that?]
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
ÔÇ£Remember: when people tell you somethingÔÇÖs wrong or doesnÔÇÖt work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.ÔÇØ - Neil Gaiman, on writing critique

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:48 pm

@eirikdaude leather would fall under the realm of tailoring. I've got it to lvl 2 and intend to specialize in it, so if you wanted to bring me the materials, I would make it for you if you wanted focus your efforts elsewhere. Atm I think we need some sort of acid to cure hides into leather, though.

@gathers since we're both learning heal, let me know if you want to combine efforts on a spell for greater effect.
► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

eirikdaude
Whispers Softly

Post by eirikdaude » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:24 pm

@Chuck: Hmm, I guess I could do that? Was the armour that got destroyed leather by any chance? Or do we have any other suitable materials? Anyway, I am a bit unsure what I should focus on, a lot of stuff seems to be covered already... Have you got any suggestions? Oh, and either a bow or a sling is good, really. I just want a ranged option other than flinging rocks :lol:
ÔÇ£Remember: when people tell you somethingÔÇÖs wrong or doesnÔÇÖt work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.ÔÇØ - Neil Gaiman, on writing critique

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:57 pm

Bows are doable but we'd need wood. Slings we need leather. Atm we need resources badly. The armor was leather but I'm not sure if there is enough for a sling but its worth a shot. As for what you should focus on that's up to you. Jewel cutting would obviously be a good choice, since you have the fancy gem cutting set. But you could take it a step further and turn those gems into spells. (that would be knowledge magic, and the the skill in the spell). Which would also give skill in spells with which to fight. Being a slinging spells might not be feasible in the short term, but is doable long term. Do what you think would be best.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:07 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:Personally, I am interpreting that as the GM being benevolent and not wanting you to die.
Well I try to be fair. You all don't know me or my 'stile' of play and killing of my players isn't funny.
Don't feel to save I have conciderd to seriously maiming you, just to see how you will handle the handycap...
Kobold tend to die if they fight in few numbers and unprepared...
► Show Spoiler
Oh, and @ GM: Why didn't the smelly entrails get thrown into the mini-spider cave? Or did they, and you just didn't remove them from the items list yet?
Oh I did not have the feeling you where finished discussing this. Never got a: I do this with the entrails. Only suggestions to each other^^
If you want I can add them to the stone room (without the poor kobold carrying them the being eaen by spiders) ;)
► Show Spoiler
@Chuck: Fire-Arrows. All time classic^^ I do not see a reason why you should not be able to build them. ^^ Just discuss your action with the other kobolds before you start (after you finish them) Just in case something might go wrong >:D

@eirik: if you decide to 'visit' that strange tree you get a roll to identify it ( yes its for free to visit that tree while scouting). My ornithological skills are a bit rusty... everything you have seen are normal birds of diferent sizes. That black powder must be examined closer (action). There is no real mountain more like hills... hmm perhaps everyone has a different view what a hill is.
I'm talking about something like
► Show Spoiler
perhaps a bit bigger.
If you say mountain I'm thinking
► Show Spoiler

and now
:zzz:
GM for a Kobold Mine

Cutting, building and assembling inside of Castle Heterodyne [Salpicon]
Being on hold while working under the D'Jinn [Zeun]
Beeing a lost Goblin Slave (a.k.a. Mineling) in a godforsaken Hole [Complains]
Full of excitement for the rise of a new Civilisation

eirikdaude
Whispers Softly

Post by eirikdaude » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:35 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Bows are doable but we'd need wood. Slings we need leather. Atm we need resources badly. The armor was leather but I'm not sure if there is enough for a sling but its worth a shot. As for what you should focus on that's up to you. Jewel cutting would obviously be a good choice, since you have the fancy gem cutting set. But you could take it a step further and turn those gems into spells. (that would be knowledge magic, and the the skill in the spell). Which would also give skill in spells with which to fight. Being a slinging spells might not be feasible in the short term, but is doable long term. Do what you think would be best.
Hmm.... Thing is, it's my understanding that the improvements I am making on the gem isn't making it better for magic (rather the opposite), it just increases the value, if we want to trade it later. And I can't really focus on one of the areas I already am "good" in until I get at least one skill to 2 :ktongue: I guess I could do knowledge magic or something this turn, and then continue focusing on magic spells? But getting resources to cast those might be a bit tricky? Also, it's one skill for each spell, or..?

For a sling, the only thing you'd need leather for would be the pouch, the only thing you'd need in addition to that would be the string. That "recipe" I linked to was really rather nifty. So part of the reason I'd want to make that over a bow is that it is both much easier to make and create ammunition for. But if tailoring is the appropriate skill for it, I'd be very happy to ask your character for help with it, and rather focus on a different skill-set.
NewOneAround wrote:@eirik: if you decide to 'visit' that strange tree you get a roll to identify it ( yes its for free to visit that tree while scouting). My ornithological skills are a bit rusty... everything you have seen are normal birds of diferent sizes. That black powder must be examined closer (action). There is no real mountain more like hills... hmm perhaps everyone has a different view what a hill is.
You know that, I know that - now Ludo, he is pretty proud of himself for having climbed the mountain and exploring it :lol: Oh, and he'll probably pass by the tree while exploring then, and if he sees any more of the unidentified herbs, he'll try figuring out what those are as well.

After all, this is more or less the view I have out my window:
► Show Spoiler
Change of actions, Ludo
A: Explore the hill (pass by the tree)
P: Improve gem
T: Knowledge - Magic (Int)

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:08 pm

NewOneAround wrote:@Chuck: Fire-Arrows. All time classic^^ I do not see a reason why you should not be able to build them. ^^ Just discuss your action with the other kobolds before you start (after you finish them) Just in case something might go wrong >:D
Why do I take this to mean that you're just going to send flaming spiders at me. Crap, I just gave you an idea didn't I. Forget that. Jeez, I'll be the death of us all. Hopefully, that only meant "bring back up next time" not "I'm going to turn that into an epic backfire."

@eirikdaude I'll take that to mean you do want me to make a sling. Since its salvaged material from a destroyed normal quality item, likely the best I'll be able to make is normal quality. Normally I'd try to make things at least good if not fire or masterwork, but material restrictions likely won't let me. Hope that's ok with you. If you'd prefer higher quality I can hold out for better material but that's a ways off.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Kobold Mine - Turn 6 [one slot open]

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:54 am

NewOneAround wrote:
Oh I did not have the feeling you where finished discussing this. Never got a: I do this with the entrails. Only suggestions to each other^^
If you want I can add them to the stone room (without the poor kobold carrying them the being eaen by spiders) ;)
At first I was indeed only loosely suggesting that we get rid of them:
GathersIngredients wrote:Also, throw the entrails that are beginning to smell out, please. Use it as bait in some traps or throw it into the tiny spider room, or whatever.
But after some replies (yours and Chuck's at the least) I tried to express that I explicitly wanted this done.
GathersIngredients wrote:I'll vote for throwing the stinking entrails into the tiny spider cave, hoping that it will distract them when Ozt and Nockit try to vanquish them. (Meaning if some other player vetos on this - especially Chuck - I retract this suggestion and let them do with the stinky entrails what they deem best. I'm just trying to keep more kobolds from falling sick due to unhygienic conditions etc.)
and
GathersIngredients wrote:
► Show Spoiler
I realize that I might have better left the 'suggestion' part out, if I really wanted this to happen now, apologies for the misunderstanding. Since these were apparently not clear enough, how would you like me to word it, just for reference in the future?

And no, since Ozt and Nockit won't profit from this now, I think we'll better use the entrails as distraction or bait later. Or biochemical weaponry. >:D
ChuckDaRighteous wrote: @gathers since we're both learning heal, let me know if you want to combine efforts on a spell for greater effect.
@ Chuck: Do you mean now, already with the training that we could try and learn together for greater effect, perhaps, or later, when we have learned the spell to combine our efforts to be able to heal faster and/or more grievous wounds?
And generally I'd be happy to do either. Or even both. I'm all for efficiency. :D
Theis2 wrote:"Look at this funny litty guy!" He shows him a frog. Its white-bluish with four eyes. He could swear it has licked his own eyes right now... on both sides simultary. "Can I keep him? I know we need food but... please?"

"Hmm, this is a difficult position you put me me in.. What's your name?"
"The frog you have caught is certainly a special specimen and I wouldn't use it for food as it is now. I think you can keep it, but I will have to discuss it with KnickKnack who knows more about creatures than I do. She may be able to tell us if it is poisonous or if it have any other qualities that's important to know about."
@ Theis: Erm, just for the record KnickKnack is male.
NewOneAround wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Yeah same here: KnickKnack is male. Not sure if Lossa is staring into KnickKnack's eyes or is seeking some sort of intimate contact because the GM thought KnickKnack was female, or if that was just an amicable pat on the shoulder between pals, anyways. Just FYI.

RP:
KnickKnack gives a good, hearty laugh. "No, I wouldn't want to poison you, you're one of our lifelines and contact to the great dragon, after all." He pauses a bit to think about this and finally volunteers: "Yet, if push comes to shove I suppose would kill a kobold, if I had to - in self defense for example. Or... die trying."
KnickKnack chuckles a bit as his joke and flashes his teeth at Lossa. He started with the morbid kidding, after all. "But in all seriousness, what would you trade for that armor piece? And can you maybe get us some of those dried rations next time you visit? Perhaps you could even tell us what would be a valuable commodity for you that we can try and obtain until then."
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: Kobold Mine - Turn 6 [one slot open]

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:39 am

GathersIngredients wrote:
ChuckDaRighteous wrote: @gathers since we're both learning heal, let me know if you want to combine efforts on a spell for greater effect.
@ Chuck: Do you mean now, already with the training that we could try and learn together for greater effect, perhaps, or later, when we have learned the spell to combine our efforts to be able to heal faster and/or more grievous wounds?
And generally I'd be happy to do either. Or even both. I'm all for efficiency. :D
It was more of a let me know what your plan is. Let me know if/when you intend to heal someone and I'll help you.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

eirikdaude
Whispers Softly

Post by eirikdaude » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:29 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:@eirikdaude I'll take that to mean you do want me to make a sling. Since its salvaged material from a destroyed normal quality item, likely the best I'll be able to make is normal quality. Normally I'd try to make things at least good if not fire or masterwork, but material restrictions likely won't let me. Hope that's ok with you. If you'd prefer higher quality I can hold out for better material but that's a ways off.
Eh, I think almost anything is better than what I'm currently using, so if you'd make me one I'd be very grateful... I should probably ask you about it IC, though :)
Last edited by eirikdaude on Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:03 pm

Didnt said anything to this topic. You quoted wrong.

@KnickKnack: He did not flirt he`s just one of the more cautious creatures in this lands^^
did not see that sentence with the entrails.
GM for a Kobold Mine

eirikdaude
Whispers Softly

Post by eirikdaude » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:38 pm

Whoops, sorry. Hadn't deleted quite enough text :P Fixed now.

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:44 am

Turn 11

1. Player Actions

Krat

Active: Investigate the blue frog without hurting it, asking KnickKnack for help doing so (and if possible stay near the trader using sense motive to see if he tries to trick us for a good deal)
[Knowledge ÔÇô Creatures: 1 d 4 ÔÇô 2 (noskill) +1 (fluff) = 0] ÔÇô failure +1 XP

Passive: Refine the fire crystal
[Knowledge magic: 2 +1 [tool] d 4 + 2 (preperation) = 11]
[R19+11 S30 D15] ÔÇô ongoing 3/9 +1 XP

Training action: Sense motive +10 XP Gain SSense motive (Wis) 2

Nockit

[Craft ÔÇô Tailor 2 d 6 +1 (fluff) = 5]
R:5 S:5 D:5 ÔÇô success +5 XP
You skillfully examine the armor and you think the special treatened leather would not be of use to anything than building armor (or something similar durable). But you could salwage a few striped and bonds to repair another leather armor by 20%.

Passive: Try to make fire arrows (bolt of cloth + arrows? Tailoring? if this won't work let me know and I'll change my action accordingly)
Craft fire arrow
Wrap Arrows
Skill: Craft ÔÇô Tailor
Material: 1 [Bolt of cloth] 5 [arrow]
Tool needed: X
Dificulty: 5

[Craft ÔÇô Tailor 2 d 6 +1 (fluff) = 11]
R.11 S11 D 11 ÔÇô success +5 XP Gain 5x cloth wrapped arrow

Training: spell- healing +10 XP Gain Spell: Healing

Click-Clank

Click-Clank decides he does not want to have an active part in leading the colony.
He digs rooms and minerals.
Active and Passive:

Mine from M17 to O17
[Mine: 2 d 4 + 0 = 2]
[Mine: 2 d 4 + 0 = 5]

[R 25+2 +5 S 32 D 35] ÔÇô ongoing +2XP
pickaxe Break 15 : ÔÇô nothing
pickaxe Break 15 : ÔÇô nothing

Training: +1XP Mine

KnickKnack
Active: attach javelin head (rat, fine) to javelin shafts (ash, good) (2/4 turns)
[Craft ÔÇô Bone: 1 d 4 + 1 (fluff) = 3]
[R4+3 S7 D 5] ÔÇô ongoing +1 XP

Passive: attach javelin head (rat, fine) to javelin shafts (ash, good) (3/4 turns)
[Craft ÔÇô Bone: 1 d 4 = 4]
[R7+4 S11 D 5] ÔÇô ongoing +1 XP Gain Craft - Bone 2

Training: Spell: Healing (Cha?) +10 XP Gain Spell:Healing 1

Ludo
A: Explore the hill (pass by the tree)
[Perception: 1 d 5 + 1 (fluff) = 3]
[R:3 S:3 D:5] ÔÇô failure +1XP

You pass the strange tree and rip off a fruit.
Gain 1 strange fruit

P: Improve gem
[Craft ÔÇô Jewel: 1 d 4 = 4]
[R9 S13 D10] ÔÇô ongoing (4/5) + 1XP

T: Knowledge - Magic (Int) +10 XP Gain Knowledge ÔÇô Magic (Int) 1
Traknesh
Active: Persuade 2 kobold to make 2x stone tiles for 2 turns
[Persuade: 2 d 6 +5 (FLS) = 12
[R 12 Sum: 12 Dificulty: 10] ÔÇô success +5XP

Passive: Start flooring his room.

Training: +10XP Gain Knowledge - Creatures

2. NPC Actions

4 Kobold dig for Quarz (T18)
[Mine: 1 d 4 = 2]
[Mine: 1 d 4 = 1]
[R22+2+2+1+2 S29 D35] ÔÇô ongoing
Break 15 - success
Break 15 ÔÇô success
Break 15 ÔÇô success
Break 15 ÔÇô success

2 Kobold
Craft floortile, stone 2x
Skill Craft-Stone
Material: [1 stone] <- Siltstone
Tool needed: [1 biface] or [1 stone] or [1 hammer]
Yield: 4 piece
Dificulty 3

[Craft ÔÇô Stone: 1 d 4 -2 (noskill) = 2]
[Craft ÔÇô Stone: 1 d 4 -2 (noskill) = 1]
[R2+1 S 3 D 6] ÔÇô ongoing [1/2]

Prisarz cares for this pet hamster.

3 Kobold start curing leather [9x warhog fur,1x rat fur] + [liquid organic waste produkt (kobold)]
[Craft ÔÇô Tailor: 1 d 4 -2 (noskill) = 1]
[Craft ÔÇô Tailor: 1 d 4 -2 (noskill) = 2]
[Craft ÔÇô Tailor: 1 d 4 -2 (noskill) = 0]
R2+1 S3 D 20] ÔÇô ongoing

1 Kobold makes plates from spider chitin
[Craft-Bone 1 d 4 -2 [no skill] = 1 ]
[R6+2 S 7 D 15] ÔÇô ongoing [6/10]

Zi'it stand guard.

Ozt rests.

3. Event

Good: nothing good happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

Neutral: nothing neutral happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

Bad: nothing bad happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

4. Trader

Lossa conciders your offer.

He brought
1x shovel [metal (iron), metal (iron)]
1x brestplate [metal (copper)]

You want

You bid:
herb (wolfbane)
herb (ivy)
berries (lord and ladies)
berries (belladonna)

He offers:

for

3x herb (wolfbane)
3x herb (ivy)
10x berries (lord and ladies)
10x berries (belladonna)
1x unbelivable tasty stew

You want conserved food? I'll look what I can do.

My home mine is always in need of Iron, Salt, Wood and Coal.

5. Wandering Monster

Ludo encounters nothing while exploring.

Zi'it stand guard.

The trap in the ore room is gone and a trail of blood leads to the hole in the wall.

With the food crisis resolved for now, and the tiny spiders seemingly getting out of hand KnickKnack is eager to finish that javelin of his. He works on it frantically and also decides it would be a good thing if he knew some healing magic.

"Sorry about that Ozt, guess we were not as prepared as we thought. Let me take a look at your armor. It looks like its beyond repair but perhaps I can salvage something from it. Rest up in the time being." Nockit tries to do what he can to salvage whatever he can from the broken armor. It probably won't be much but its worth a shot.

Nockit plots his revenge against the spiders. Perhaps a means of lighting their webs on fire with them still in them. hmm... EUREKA! Fire Arrows! Nockit will take a bolt of cloth and cut it into strips that he can then wrap around the tips of arrows.

Ludo is very pleased that he found something to eat, but he's very frustrated that he hasn't found anything cool to tell the other kobolds about. Just that dumb dwarf! He is getting kinda bored with walking around on his own though, but he figures he can manage to search the mountain for a bit longer. Maybe there's something exciting around the stream? Or perhaps he can find a brand new place he hasn't visited yet? Hmm.... He wonders how tall the mountain is. Ludo spends a couple of minutes staring skyward, lost in thought.

Once he manages to focus his thoughts again, he walks on, more determined than ever to find something exciting to bring back to the colony. There are those nasty birds, and the even nastier dwarf though. He better keep his wits about him

All kobold are sated.

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

.[tabs: Krat]
Player: Theis2
Color: #8000FF
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3(2) Intelligence 4 Wisdom 6 Charisma 3
Fearless Leader Score: 6

► Show Spoiler

Inventory:
1x Shortbow [wood (ash) / bow string [entrails (cave lizard)])]
15x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)] B60 D2
1x quiver [wood (ash)]
masterwork Magnifying glass [metal(silver) / magical gem (skyclear crystal)] B35 D15
pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)] B15 D7
strange frog (Tedook)

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Nockit]
Player: ChuckDaRighteous
Color: #400000
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 6 Constitution 3 Intelligence 6 Wisdom 4 Charisma 3
Fearless Leader Score: 6

► Show Spoiler

Inventory:
masterwork hunting snare, small [metal (iron)]
Shortbow [wood (ash) / bow string [entrails (cave lizard)])] To Hit: 1 Break: 30 Damage: 1d3 Durability: 2/3
9x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)] Break: 60 Durability: 2
3x cloth wrapped arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash) / cloth (gigant hanster)] Durability: 2
2x cloth wrapped arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash) / cloth (gigant hanster)] Durability: 1/2
1x fine sword [metal (iron)]
quiver [wood (ash)]
good breast armor [leather (bat)] [9/11]

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Clink-Clank]
Player: BadgeAddict
Color: #008080
Stats:
Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 4
Fearless Leader Score: 5

► Show Spoiler

Equipment:
pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)] Break 15 Durability 5/7

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

[tabs: KnickKnack]
Player: GathersIngredients
Color: #FF8000
Stats:
Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Constitution 4 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 4

► Show Spoiler

Inventory:
masterwork backpack [rare wood (floatwood) / metal (mithral) / leather (mounain troll)] Durability 30
3x spear [hard wood (oak), fire hardend] To Hit: 2 Break: 30 Damage: 1d4 Durability: 5
3x good pole [wood (ash)]
2x fine spear head, bone [bone(rat)]
1x axe [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Ludo]
Player: eirikdaude
Color: olive
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Constitution 4 Intelligence 5 Wisdom 5 Charisma 3

► Show Spoiler

Inventory:
masterwork toolset, gemcutting [metal (mithral)]
axe [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]
4x small stone
1x gem, magical (firestone)
3x egg (bird)
1 strange fruit

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]

___

Hope I didn't miss to much :zzz: Work Work Work and now up and away to loud music and beer!
Last edited by NewOneAround on Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
GM for a Kobold Mine

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:34 am

I would like to:
*) point out that if my notes are correct, KnickKnack just reached 20 Xp with Bone Crafting, and therefore should be at skill level 2 with that now. YAY! :cheer:

*) ask why KnickKnack didn't help try and identify that frog thingy? Should I have said that he was willing to help? Because back with the warthog, it just functioned automatically without me having to do anything. In any case I'd love to help. If I need an action for that, I'll do it next turn.

*) establish that I would like to keep one of each kind of herb at all times (hopefully we can dry them or something) as future reference for people who can't identify them on their own. So, I'd be happy to give Lossa the amounts he wants in exchange for the shovel and the breast plate.
3x herb (wolfbane) - (We have 4 before the trade)
3x herb (ivy) - (We have 7 before the trade)
10x berries (lord and ladies) - (We have 11 before the trade)
10x berries (belladonna) - (We have 24 before the trade)
1x unbelivable tasty stew
Any objections from other players?

Also, does this count as 'persuade' action, or would I have to actually spend an action on that, in order to earn XP?

Will come up with actions later (when the stuff about frog identifying and bartering is clarified, ideally. ;) )
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:54 am

NewOneAround wrote:He offers:
1x breastplate [metal (copper)]

for

3x herb (wolfbane)
3x herb (ivy)
10x berries (lord and ladies)
10x berries (belladonna)
1x unbelievably tasty stew
That seems like a lot of stuff. But its unprocessed quality for refined items. It seems fair I guess.
The trap in the ore room is gone and a trail of blood leads to the hole in the wall.
wtf? How big is this hole. It would have to be a pretty big creature to survive and still drag the trap away. (also it says it its still set up in the write up)

Active: investigate the hole that his trap was dragged into
Passive: Cut cloth into strips to use as bandages.
Training: ranged-bow & crossbow (dex)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:25 am

Krat will continue on with refining

Active: Attempt to discern wether it is a good or bad deal (sense motive to see his intention with the deal)
Passive: Refine the firestone
Training: Ranged bow and crossbow
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

eirikdaude
Whispers Softly

Post by eirikdaude » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:18 am

► Show Spoiler
A: Return to the colony, if he has the time he'll pass by the quarry and bring along some of the black powder. Still looking for anything exciting on the way back. If even more "actions" are allowed while travelling, he'll try to figure out what the fruit he's picked, and the black powder is.
P: Finish refining the stone
T: Lead (Cha)

To the GM:
If that's too much for the active action, please let me know and I'll edit it. Will make a return speech next turn, when I know of all I've discovered while exploring the mountain we've made our home in.

To the other players:
Are there any obvious gaps in our skillsets, which I should focus on? I think I'll get a skill to lvl 2 next turn, which means I can start to focus my training a bit. I know someone mentioned magic upthread, but it seems there are quite a few others who are already training that?

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:42 am

@ eirikdaude: I have no idea what I want to focus on yet. So many options. Also, you can reach level 1/2 in any skill much faster than you can level 3 and up. So... I guess you can pick what you want and declare that, and the other players will most likely come to you for that specific skill. (like Nockit did with tailoring)
It happened to me with the knowledge creatures without me even trying to. ;)

@Chuck, would you maybe delay that investigation for this turn for a joint venture on a healing spell on Ozt? I think it's important for our brute to be at good health, and if I don't have to spend my active on bartering or identifying, I would like to try my hand at healing, though I have no idea if we have the needed materials for actually casting the spell.

@GM, what's the verdict? Both with the needed actions on my part, as well as what mats we need for casting a healing spell, if we don't want to use the scroll? o:),

Edit:
KnickKnack's actions:
Free: order Pskal to try and improve his cooking skills, so he doesn't need an army or assistants the next time he has to cook something.
Active: finish the deal with Lossa, if an action is needed for that (barter/persuade). > Identify the frog thingy, if an action is needed for that. (knowledge creatures) Else, if components are available: cast healing spell on Ozt. if components are NOT available, supervise the kobold curing the warthog skin. (lead)
Passive: attach javelin head (rat, fine) to javelin shafts (ash, good) (4/4 turns) (craft bone)
Training: Lead (Cha)

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:02 am

@gathers, yeah I'm fine with that. I was gonna wait and and take care of Ozt (bandage heal(int) along with spell heal (wis) on Ozt) all in one turn. kinda wishing I had thought of making bandages last turn but oh well. Also occurs to me we could have Pskal make a salve from the mint and/or nightmare bane, but again my lack of foresight is detrimental. Might convince him to do that later or try my hand at it myself eventually.

@GM, can I order my actions I can make bandages and then immediately use them, this turn. Making my passive to make bandages come first, or would caring for Ozt only count as a passive, in which case I could have making bandages as my active. This is of course assuming I finish them one turn but my skill and stat are high enough that this should happen unless I completely fail my rolls.

Either way if Gather's other actions don't consume her active action and she does end up trying to heal, switch it so I'm helping her heal. Otherwise continue my investigation.
► Show Spoiler
Substitute that into my original fluff if where appropriate

@eirikdaude: The other thing is there are so many generically useful skills that if you're still a little unsure, you can still level up useful skills without committing to a career path. Perception and stealth are good examples. Also just because one of us has chosen another career path, doesn't mean you can't also. Gathers has both bone and wood, and while her assistance in projects that involve said components would be appreciated, I don't always expect it to be available.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:50 am

@gathers: if someone writes some RP to get some help and you give him no answer I think one of two things happened: 1. You ignore him 2. You didnt see it.
Both would lead to no help from your side. I like you all to help each other so: yes you can identify one creature or stuff for free in this fashion ( and you get that roll in your active action next round)
Making that deal with Lossa is at the moment:
Lie - Lossa vs Sence Motive - Krat
Persuade - Lossa vs Persuade - KnickKnack ( if you think you get ripped of based of the first check you get a bonus)

Casting a spell is always using charges from the item^^ a 'Spell component' for healing would be a crude healing-item with only 1 charge. healing is a passive or weapon spell so you can use it as passive action or in combat.

so your active action would be: Trade and Identify

@Chuck: You have small hunting snares and the hole is big enought for a fat happy rat to enter. The main component of your trap is a mithral wire and something got caught in that and took it with it. Nockit is wondering how a rat could take that trap with it because he thinks rats are not strong enought to do that.
Since I am allowing to craft as active action and giving long term-care to a kobold seems something like a passive action... help your meatshield.

@eirikdaude: your active action looks ok to me. That barrel is heavy. If could hinder your attemts to move unseen.

_____

Did I miss a question?
GM for a Kobold Mine

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:27 am

@ spells: So, us learning the spell just makes us able to USE the scroll? I thought (probably inspired from D&D or something) that anyone could use scrolls and learning the spell 'by heart' would enable the chars to cast it without the presence of a scroll.
Also, how are scrolls made, then?
And can we maybe get a list of spells and needed components, please? (Or, if that already exists, just point me to it kindly. ;) )
And we need a spell scroll AND the spell components to use the spell, is that correct?

@RP: I respect that and can do! :D in the future. I guess I was just assuming since it happened automatically the last time, I wouldn't have to agree this time, either. ;)

@trading: Personally, I don't have an issue with the price atm, since we got all those herbs and whatnot in one turn, iirc. Also, like chuck says: these are raw materials, the breastplate and the shovel are refined items, and I have seen with the javelins just how long those can take to make... So, no, I don't feel ripped-off as a player. I have no idea about the char, though. ^^
But, in any case if I can shave off the one or other herb by using my persuasion skill when trying to close the deal (haggling?), then all the better, since I'm spending an action on it.

@ Chuck: My suggestion would be that you make your bandages this turn and perhaps we can co-heal Ozt next round...

Also, I just edited in this into my actions in the last post:
Free: order Pskal to try and improve his cooking skills, so he doesn't need an army or assistants the next time he has to cook something.

I hope I remembered correctly and I can do that with 'order'. I know that ordering is free, but I'm not 100% sure what I can order other kobolds to do.
► Show Spoiler