Kobold Mine [one slot open]

Home to all current Forum Games.
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Kobold Mine [one slot open]

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:01 pm

► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:50 pm

Ok so I'm a little confused. Technically I'm not dead, but I'm dying so what am I allowed to do? Am I allowed to do more for my actions than survive? Also what exactly needs to happen to survive? I'm at -1 con so do I need to be brought back up to 1 or just have a successful heal attempt on me?

► Show Spoiler
Copy/Paste and add what you want to take. If someone else took something you would want, move it to the disputed section and we can work out accordingly.

Added in the remaining loot but removed the food/resources.
► Show Spoiler
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:36 am

If you are not brought to 0 or more con you are dead. At 0 Con thereis a chance you take permanent damage.
If you are brought back to the mine in you current state: 25% risk of dying 50% risk of permanent damage. (if Gathers Craft - Wood check is succesfull (D5) half the chances for both (12/25 %)
If you are at 0 Con while being brought back 25%(12%) chance of damage.

Your best bet would be a skilled Spell: Heal roll. Krat could take a Heal check. (you have 60% chance to recover a Con when resting after a succesfull Heal).
GM for a Kobold Mine

Cutting, building and assembling inside of Castle Heterodyne [Salpicon]
Being on hold while working under the D'Jinn [Zeun]
Beeing a lost Goblin Slave (a.k.a. Mineling) in a godforsaken Hole [Complains]
Full of excitement for the rise of a new Civilisation

eirikdaude
Whispers Softly

Post by eirikdaude » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:01 pm

Sorry for not being around for the last few days, I've been rather busy. I don't have too much time right now either, but should at least be able to put up some actions if you want to move the game along.
► Show Spoiler
Ludo's actions:
A: Attempt to heal wounded kobolds
P: Loot corpses/dispose of corpses.
T: Melee (edge)
Free (?): Try to figure out what the sealed clay bottles and connected wooden rings are.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Unless those vials are the ones Krat claimed? Since they still were in the unclaimed section, I took them because Ludo is somewhat curious about strange new stuff :P Hmm. For the bedrolls, sleeping bags, etc., should we just have them in a communal pool at the cave, which whoever goes on expeditions are free to peruse?

I have a sneaking suspicion Traknesh will try to claim some of them for his bed once we get back... ;)
ÔÇ£Remember: when people tell you somethingÔÇÖs wrong or doesnÔÇÖt work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.ÔÇØ - Neil Gaiman, on writing critique

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:28 pm

So I'll take the no response to mean I can't do anything other than hope to survive. Also what exactly is permanent damage? Stat loss? Limb loss? No longer able to reproduce? :shock: Don't let Nockit Die a virgin! You guys better succeed with the healing.

Now that everyone has gotten a go, I'll go ahead and claim a couple more things. I've taken everything I want at this point.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
I'm surprised no one wanted the armor. Particularly seeing how vulnerable we were in that fight. One thing I will point out is that while 3 of you have no armor and there are only 2 left in the loot, the fine armor going to ozt will mean that his good armor will also be up for grabs. Added that to the loot pile. So there is enough for all of us. If someone doesn't want one, I can give one to Zi'it since he's on guard duty. As to the spears I assume we all already have the weapons we want so maybe give one to another defender. Baskets seem like gathering tools so maybe give them to the kobolds we send gathering.
eirikdaude wrote:Hmm. For the bedrolls, sleeping bags, etc., should we just have them in a communal pool at the cave, which whoever goes on expeditions are free to peruse?
I'm not entirely sure they do anything outside of RP character comfort purposes. So I don't think it really matters. I could be wrong. There might be some benefit to sleeping on them. Improved heal chance when resting maybe? Regardless, I don't think we have anything to sleep on at the moment other than the cave floor, so I don't see any reason not to claim and use them now. And if nothing else I want to claim them to spite Traknesh.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:21 am

Okay, in that case, I think I'd like KnickKnack to have the armor Ozt will be giving up (instead of a 'normal' one) and the last water bottle.
Also, I thought that bedroll and sleeping bag were just different names for basically the same thing, but today I learned that bedroll goes UNDER the sleeping bag to make the ground more comfortable. So I'll take a sleeping bag for KnickKnack as well.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Also, I'd like to say that the suspense (whether or not our comrades will live and/or suffer permanent damage) is killing me. (Pun intended, very sorry, could not resist. o:) )
► Show Spoiler

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:49 am

Turn 16

1. Player Actions

Krat

Active action: Perform blood magic on gnome (See text above for details) and perhaps return to the mine with loot.

Dificulty:10 -2 minor effect, -2 self only, +3 fast cast, +3 no selfsacrifice = 12
I will write a exacter rule in time but I will go for +3 Dificulty for everything negative and -2 for everthing positive in the casting I can come up with.
[Blood Magic: 1 d 6 -2 (noskill) +1 (fluff) +10 (offering) = 14]
[R14 S14 D12] -success +5XP (5XP)

Passive action: Help with first aid.
[Heal: 1 d 5 +1 Fluff = 2]

Training: Blood magic +10XP(15XP) Blood Magic 1 (and a quite unpleasant feeling)

Nockit

Action: Rest and try not to bleed.

Rest ÔÇô 12 success +1 Con

Chance to get permanent damage (25%) - 42 ÔÇô no damage

Click-Clank

Click-Clank decides he does not want to have an active part in leading the colony.
He digs rooms and minerals.
Active and Passive:

Back to mining a forge room.
[Mine: 3 d 4 + 0 = 7]
[Mine: 3 d 4 + 0 = 6]
R11+7+6 S24 D75 -ongoing +3XP (62XP) Mine 4
pickaxe Break 15 : ÔÇô -1 Drability
pickaxe Break 15 : ÔÇô nothing

Training: Mine

KnickKnack

Active: lead other conscious kobolds (Ludo and Krat) to heal the wounded (Ludo heals Krat & Krat heals Nockit; I'm assuming that giving someone else first aid isn't strainous enough to make Krat's condition go from bad to worse) [Lead]
Leading 2 Kobolds
[Lead: 2d4 + 5 (FLS) +1 (Fluff) = 10]
R10 S10 D5 - +1 to Heal skill for Ludo + Krat +5XP (30XP)

Passive: gather up the spoils (frisk gnomes, loot everything, dispose of bodies - preferably in a way that makes it look like they were killed by animals or accident - obscure any trails/tracks) and go back to the mine, preferably not in a direct line
If necessary, construct a makeshift stretcher for the wounded by using the two willow wood as structure and the backpacks as the part whereupon the wounded are lying (Just place the wood parallel to each other at a distance about a kobold's width and pull the straps of the backpack, that normally would go over the arms of the wearer around it. Tie it together and place the injured ones that cannot walk on their own on it, if there's still room and this won't put the Nockit and/or Krat at risk, we can put some of the loot on it, too.) [craft wood? and/or perception/stealth to obscure our presence and any tracks we might be leaving]
Clarification: I don't want to CRAFT a stretcher, just use the object that are there together. It's just tying a knot into the straps of the backpacks or something. I don't want to end up with an item 'stretcher', but I want to preserve the wood and the backpacks as they are. This is just a temporary modification.

[Stealth: 2 d 5 +1 (fluff) = 8] - +1XP(26XP)
[Forage: 3 d 4 +1 (fluff) =7] - +1XP(42XP)
[Craft ÔÇô Wood: 1 d 4 +1 (fluff) = 4] - +1XP(19XP)

You are sure your preparations will make it harder to follow your tracks, but you don't know what to do to the corpses. If a bit time passes animals WILL eat the corpses.
Your 'strecher' is not exactly brilliant but better than nothing.

Training: Healing (non-magical) (Int) +10XP (15XP) Heal 1

+1 Str: You are one of the Strongest kobolds everyone in the mine has EVER seen.

Ludo

A: Attempt to heal wounded kobolds
[Heal: 1 d 5 +1 (Fluff) +2 (kobold helper) = 7] ÔÇô succeed +5XP (both)

P: Loot corpses/dispose of corpses.
With the helf of Knick-Knack you scatter the corpses a few dozend meters to make it possible for more scavenger to eat at the same time.

T: Melee (edge) +10XP (25) Meele ÔÇô Edge 2

Free (?): Try to figure out what the sealed clay bottles and connected wooden rings are.

Traknesh
Active: Lead a kobold to make him a bed.
[Lead: 3 d 6 +5 (FLS) = 14] +2 Skill for 1 Kobold +5 XP(60XP) Lead 4

Passive: Help the kobold make his bed.
Craft ÔÇô Wood: 1 d 4 = 2 - +1XP

Training: +10XP Mine 2

2. NPC Actions

1 Kobold dig for Quarz (T18)
[Mine: 1 d 4 = 4]
[R17+4 S21 D20] ÔÇô success
Break 15 ÔÇô -1 Durabolity

Prisarz cares for this pet hamster.

1 Kobold makes a bed in 5 turns
Craft wood: 0+2 d 4 +2 (helper)= 6
R6+6 S12 D10 ÔÇô ongoing 3/5

Pskal + 5 kobold cook (21x meat (turtle), 3x egg (bird), 5x meat (snake), 1x stone, soft (salt), 1x unbelivable tasty stew)
[Craft - Cooking: 3 d 5 = 11]
[Craft ÔÇô Cooking: 1d 4 -2 (noskill) = 1
[Craft ÔÇô Cooking: 1d 4 -2 (noskill) = 2
[Craft ÔÇô Cooking: 1d 4 -2 (noskill) = 0
R11+1+2+1+1 S16 D31 ÔÇô Gain 16x mixed meat rissole

Ozt + 2 kobold stand guard.

Zi'it rests: nothing
Kaleb rests: nothing

3. Event

Good: nothing good happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

Neutral: nothing neutral happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

Bad: nothing bad happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

4. Trader

The traders are scared.
Chance of recovery 25%. - 6

A trader visits. It's Lossa

10x meat jerky
10x dried mushrooms
10x egg powder
1x axe [wood (ash / metal (copper)]
1x breastplate (metal (copper)

5. Wandering Monster

You make it back to the mine without being attacked.

The guards see nothing.

Krat sees the fight is over and uses his last bit of energy to crawl back to the battleground. In case it's one of the gnomes that says he can see a rib Krat will crawl towards him (or just the one breathing quickly.) He'll grab the ruby ring and put it on deciding that the blood red ruby wouldn't hurt as he grabs at the wounds with both hands on the quickly dying gnome with a big grin on his face showing his sharp teeth.
"This will hurt you more than help me, but that's alright."
Krat will then try to muster every bit of magical energy inside him, the ruby ring and in the gnomes blood in order to drain the last bit of life from him and into Krat while clenching to the wounds of the gnome.
Krats mind wanders into the deepest reaches of his inborn knowledge. He serches for raw and primal forms of magic.
His mind is suddenly overwhelmed by the image of a huge dragon coved in broken, withered black scales and a face leathered by the sun of thousends of years. The dragon sits on a crater surounded by humanoids coverd in furs and he sings in a deep voice using only the basic vocals of dragonkin. He lifts the humanoids into the air one by one ripping them limp from limp and throws them still screaming in agony into the crater producing a wet sound. Every kill he makes lets his scales look less old and dry and a faint silvery glow emanates from the crater. The faces of the remaining humanoids are twisted by fear but somehow they cant run. One of them looses consciousness and starts peeing himself.
The vision fades and he sees himself holding the ruby ring in one hand and the craws of the other hand clutching the heart of the still living gnome. Uttering a raw word of power he feels a strong pull and some things happen at the same time: The gnome withers to a dried husk, Krats near fatal wounds close and a silvery light runs from his one claw to the other stopping in the ruby.
Krat stand up again and brush a bit of the dust off him. Still inebriated by the power his claws twiches and he grins wikedly.
"That helped a lot, guess I should help with taking care of Nockit now?"

Nockit Doubles over. That was one hell of a swing that gnome took. His armor barely slowed the blow at all. But it did slow him just enough to let the blow hit. A curse upon his luck. He holds a claw over the wound, trying to slow the bleeding. He barely moves so as not to aggravate the wound. Even the slightest movement shoots excruciating pain throughout his whole body. Despite the pain he struggles to fill his lungs with enough air to squeak out a "Help!"

KnickKnack is very worried about Krat and Nockit and the injuries they have suffered, even moreso when she hears Nockit cry out - more like wheeze - for help. She tries to take care of them the best she can, but since she has no experience in first aid, she just tries to inspire Ludo to do his best to bandage Krat, and likewise Krat to patch up Nockit the best he can. "Oh my gosh, this is bad, this is BAD! But we need to keep a clear head about this. Ludo, you take care of Krat, stop the bleeding and bandage his wounds the best you can. Use some of the mint herbs, that the gnomes had with them. Krat, you do the same for Nockit, and we just might all get through this alive..."
(If the gifted kobolds are un-cooperative, she runs to fetch help from the mine, instead, since it would be too much of a risk to move the wounded.)
In any case she concludes it would be a good idea to learn some healing skills herself for the next time they get into a situation like this.
Whether or not the attempts to stop the bleeding and keep the wounded kobolds alive were successful, there is need to take them home to the mine, so KnickKnack comes up with the idea of utilizing the two willow wood they just found among the gnomes' possesion and their backpacks to construct a makeshift stretcher to get them and the loot home safely. She will gladly take one end of the stretcher and pull it, while Ludo (or, if KnickKnack had to fetch NPC kobolds, one of them) either takes the other end - so they can carry it between them - or KnickKnack drags it over the ground and Ludo (or NPC kobold, as available) follows her, using branches to smear and cover the tracks the wood poles would be leaving.

Still high on the adrenaline from the fight, Ludo glances about the clearing wildly. Seeing that several of his fellow kobolds are wounded he runs over right away, trying to decide if there's anything he can do to help. Not being a very skilled healer, he looks imploringly at KnickKnack, hoping he has some idea of what to do.

Once he has done what he can to help the other kobolds, he snatches up the gnome leader's axe, as well as some of the minor valuables he sees around the camp.

All kobold eat.

► Show Spoiler
.[tabs: In front of the cave]

Active Traps:
3x masterwork hunting snare, small [metal (iron)] [Set to capture small creatures sneaking in] [D:10]

[tabs: Ore Room]
Resources:
6x ore, high quality (copper)
2x ore, low quality (gold)

Active Traps:

[tabs: 1st Room]
► Show Spoiler
5x plate [chitin (spider)]
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Recources:
1x stone, soft (siltstone)
6x magical gem (firestone)
11x firewood
1x herb, poison (wolfbane)
8x stone, hard (flint)
5x silk (gigant spider)
1x bone (rat)
4x bone (bat)
9x leather (warthog)
8x bone (warthog)
4x horn (warthog)
1x leather (rat)
5x bolt of cloth [wool (hamster, gigant)]
5x assorted trapparts [metal (copper)]
8x chitin (gigant spider)
1x monster part, silk gland (gigant spider)
8x herb, medical (mint)
2x herb, medical (nightmare bane)
4x herb, poison (ivy)
1x berries, poison (lords and ladys)
14x berries, poison (belladonna)
3x wool (gigant hamster)
2x entrails (turtle)
9x bone (turtle)
8x shell (turtle)
1x broken breast armor [leather (cave lizard)] Durability 0/6
3x gem, semi precious (malachite)
5x gem, semi precious (quarz)
3xherb, medical (nightmare bane)
1x gem, magical, cut (firestone)
2x bone (snake)

Container:
6x bag [leather (cave lizard)]
1x barrel [wood (ash) / metal (iron)]
1x barrel, small [wood (ash) / metal (iron)]
1x quiver [wood (ash)]
2x bottle (glass)

Spells:
1x Spell: Forgefire [refined magical gem (firestone) / rare wood (firelife)]
1x Spell: Healing [refined water (molten snow) / refined herb, poison (stinging nettle)]
1x Spell: Revive [refined blood (red dragon) / refined magical gem (earthbone)]

[tabs: Stone Room]
1x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)] Break: 60 Durability: 2[/tabs]
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
.[tabs: Krat]
Player: Theis2
Color: #8000FF
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3(2) Intelligence 5 Wisdom 6 Charisma 3
Fearless Leader Score: 6
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
1x Shortbow [wood (ash) / bow string [entrails (cave lizard)])]
15x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)] B60 D2
1x quiver [wood (ash)]
masterwork Magnifying glass [metal(silver) / magical gem (skyclear crystal)] B35 D15
pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)] B15 D7
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Nockit]
Player: ChuckDaRighteous
Color: #400000
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 6 Constitution 3 Intelligence 6 Wisdom 4 Charisma 3
Fearless Leader Score: 6
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
Shortbow [wood (ash) / bow string [entrails (cave lizard)])] To Hit: 1 Break: 30 Damage: 1d3 Durability: 2/3
9x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)] Break: 60 Durability: 2
3x cloth wrapped arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash) / cloth (gigant hanster)] Durability: 2
2x cloth wrapped arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash) / cloth (gigant hanster)] Durability: 1/2
1x fine sword [metal (iron)]
quiver [wood (ash)]
brestplate [metal (copper)]
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Clink-Clank]
Player: no player ÔÇô slot free
Color: #008080
Stats:
Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3 (1) Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 4
Fearless Leader Score: 5
► Show Spoiler
Equipment:
pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)] Break 15 Durability 4/7
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: KnickKnack]
Player: GathersIngredients
Color: #FF8000
Stats:
Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Constitution 5 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 4
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
masterwork backpack [rare wood (floatwood) / metal (mithral) / leather (mounain troll)] Durability 30
2x spear [hard wood (oak), fire hardend] To Hit: 2 Break: 30 Damage: 1d4 Durability: 5
3x good pole [wood (ash)]
2x fine spear head, bone [bone(rat)]
1x axe [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]
1x good javelin [bone (rat) / wood (ash)]
1x wood (ash)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Ludo]
Player: eirikdaude
Color: olive
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Constitution 4 Intelligence 5 Wisdom 5 Charisma 3
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
masterwork toolset, gemcutting [metal (mithral)]
axe [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]
2x spear [hard wood (oak), fire hardend] To Hit: 2 Break: 30 Damage: 1d4 Durability: 5
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]
GM for a Kobold Mine

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:31 pm

Ok so looking at the write up, I regained 1 con from resting, but i'm still at 0 con? Am I allowed to act now? I'm going to assume so....

Order: Tell Isarl to continue his training [+1 spell revive, +1 spell heal, +1 wis]
Active: Persuade Lossa to Gamble with him (see below) and use any proceeds (or my own money) to buy the breastplate.
Passive: heal (spell) targeting myself (hopefully with the help of someone who is also trained otherwise order 2 NPCs to help)
Training: sleight of hand (dex? wis? int? cha?) (I can see reasons for any of those stats)

@ fellow players, does anyone want any of the trade items other than the breastplate?

My persuade skill isn't great but hopefully I'll get bonuses from my fluff, natural kobold greed, and buttering her up with my offer of food?
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:02 pm

Thats right you are concisous now. But take it easy (like you did with your actions). Every turn you stay on 0 Con might get yourself a goody...

Lossa has a bit of money and you should concider buying the food, since you asked him to bring it...
GM for a Kobold Mine

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:35 pm

NewOneAround wrote:Thats right you are concisous now. But take it easy (like you did with your actions). Every turn you stay on 0 Con might get yourself a goody...
Have I ever told you how disconcerting I find your ambiguity? Maybe that's why I'm always on the edge of my seat for another update. Still hopefully I won't stay at 0 for long.
Lossa has a bit of money and you should concider buying the food, since you asked him to bring it...
I had totally forgotten someone had asked him for that. Thank you for the reminder.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:54 am

Yay, everybody lives! Also, might I please draw our wonderful GM's attention to the following questions/RP I wrote in my previous post? I don't mean to criticize you in any way, I'm sure those massive updates are a lot of work and hard to keep on top of everything, I just wanted to help stopping them from going under in the mass of things you need to take into account.
GathersIngredients wrote:Questions:
Do we get FLS for defeating the gnomes?
Is there a better way to try and get Trixxa/Zi'it to come to better terms with each other again? Would the use of the persuade skill help?

@ RP with Traknesh:
► Show Spoiler
Also, little errors that I have noted:
KnickKnack's strength still shows a 3, when it is supposed to be 4.
KnickKnack already had 19 XP in woodworking, so now she should have 20, giving her skill level 2.
Also, you didn't put the loot we got from the gnomes anywhere (at least I didn't see it), neither the distributed items nor the baskets with hebrs and stuff.
KnickKnack's loot share:
► Show Spoiler
@ co-players: I dunno if you wised up on it yet, but due to the fact that we have way less female kobolds in the mine than males, I - with the GM's approval - decided to swap gender on KnickKnack, making her female. I'd like you all to act like she's always been that way, if you don't mind. Thanks. :thumbsup:
► Show Spoiler
KnickKnack's actions:
Active: care for all kobolds that are not at full CON (iirc, that's Zi'it, Kaleb, Krat, Nockit, Ludo), use medical herbs and bandages as available/needed [heal (Int) and/or spell: healing (Wis), as feasible]; free: order Zim to help
Passive: brew some herbal tea for the injured/sick. [craft food (Int)]; free: ask Pskal for advice/instructions before the attempt, and try to follow them.
Training: Meele ÔÇô Edge (Str)
Free: welcome Lossa and thank him for bringing food items that will keep. Offer the remaining wood (ash) we have, and some coins in exchange. (I'm willing to barter next turn, after he hopefully will tell me his prices this turn.)

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:54 am

GathersIngredients wrote:Also, little errors that I have noted:
lol you're turning into me.....
GathersIngredients wrote:@ co-players: I dunno if you wised up on it yet, but due to the fact that we have way less female kobolds in the mine than males, I - with the GM's approval - decided to swap gender on KnickKnack, making her female. I'd like you all to act like she's always been that way, if you don't mind. Thanks. :thumbsup:
uh... or maybe not. In all seriousness though thank you. Not just because it gives us more breeding options but because I find it much easier on the brain when the pronoun of the character matches that of the player.
GathersIngredients wrote:KnickKnack's actions:
Active: care for all kobolds that are not at full CON, use medical herbs and bandages as available/needed [heal (Int) and/or spell: healing (Wis), as feasible]; free: order Zim to help
Since I'm going for one big group-cast heal spell I'd like it if that was combined with my action. I think that may have been your intention but I wanted clarify. Also, I somehow missed it when Zim gained heal and didn't notice it till you pointed it out. Rather than go digging around through the last few pages does someone mind telling me if thats spell- heal or knowledge - heal?

► Show Spoiler
Also with all the healing going on I was looking to see how many bandages we had left and didn't see any. I haven't noticed them in any inventory (my own or the generic mine resources). Nor have I seen reference to their use in the write ups. Where are we at on them?

And while on the subject of mistakes I should have int 7.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:58 am

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Since I'm going for one big group-cast heal spell I'd like it if that was combined with my action. I think that may have been your intention but I wanted clarify. Also, I somehow missed it when Zim gained heal and didn't notice it till you pointed it out. Rather than go digging around through the last few pages does someone mind telling me if thats spell- heal or knowledge - heal?
Zim has Knowledge healing (Int). So non-magical. And you can view that info easily in the NPC spoiler of the update post. ;)

Also, if I understood the way magic works in this game, you have to CRAFT a spell first (that's what the skill is for) - out of two refined materials, too! - and then anyone can use the spell.
@ GM, is that correct, or does the skill in a spell aid someone who USES the spell, too?
► Show Spoiler
Whereas the Knowledge skill healing can be used without fancy (crafted) materials (safe for bandages and/or herbs, the latter of which we currently have aplenty - 8 mint leaves, 5 nightmare bane according to my count). That's why I am usually trying to go for the Knowledge skill, instead of the spell.
I found that Nockit made 5x bandages [wool (gigant hamster)] in turn 12, but I never saw them afterwards. I know that one got used and one got broken when healing Ozt in the very same turn. Therefore there should be 3 of them left, I think.

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:17 am

I don't think Krats constitution is updated, neither is his inventory

Active: Cover tracks, make the attack look like it came from necromancers.
Passive: Continue refining the firestone
Training: Blood magic

Krat still feeling the rush of power from his magic attempts seems completely unphased by KnickKnacks reaction and simply smiles. What to do with the dried husk of a gnome puzzled his mind for a moment, but decides to do nothing. That doesn't look like anything a kobold would be able to do under normal circumstances, which might just save them from accussations. That sparkled an idea from him.
"You go ahead and transport the loot back except for one empty basket, I'll cover our tracks here."
Once the others are far enough away to not really see what he is doing, to avoid disturbing KnickKnack anymore than she already have been, Krat starts his work.
He moves over to the vice captains corpse (or one that isn't a dried husk if that was him) and starts tearing it up completely using his sharp claws, trying to salvage any bone he comes by and putting them in the basket. He tries to keep the bones in the foot still connected and use them to make tracks leading away from the mine along with some humanoid tracks using the boots. He stops after 20 meters or so where the skeleton and humanoid tracks will suddenly vanish at the same point. He also spreads a bit of meat along the skeleton tracks as flesh falling off along the way. After that is done, he'll grab the basket with the bones and head back home, trying his best to cover his own and the other kobolds tracks especially near the battlefield.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:47 am

GathersIngredients wrote:Zim has Knowledge healing (Int). So non-magical. And you can view that info easily in the NPC spoiler of the update post. ;)
Unfortunately that just says heal, which could refer to either, which is why I wasn't sure.
Whereas the Knowledge skill healing can be used without fancy (crafted) materials (safe for bandages and/or herbs, the latter of which we currently have aplenty - 8 mint leaves, 5 nightmare bane according to my count). That's why I am usually trying to go for the Knowledge skill, instead of the spell.
I'm generally going for knowledge over spell since int is one of my two main stats and wis isn't and bandages are easier to make than spells. However, the other difference if I understand it right, is that the knowledge skill improves the chance of naturally restoring con per turn, while the spell restores con outright. I'd rather use the spell in instances that risk death or permanent damage. From what I recall, the chance of +1 con on resting is 10% + 10% per turn rested. A successful bandage attempt improves that chance + 50%. I have no idea what using a raw herb or a crafted salve would add. Nor do I know what a heal attempt without materials adds (I'm assuming its less than the 50% from the bandages, but at least 10%). I believe I'm at 10 (base chance) + (whatever I got from the heal attempt on me) + 10 (resting last turn). I think I'm in the 30%-60% range. With the chance of permanent damage being at 25%, the odds are favorable I'll heal and not take damage, but not so favorable I want to risk it.
I found that Nockit made 5x bandages [wool (gigant hamster)] in turn 12, but I never saw them afterwards. I know that one got used and one got broken when healing Ozt in the very same turn. Therefore there should be 3 of them left, I think.
That's what I came up with too. But I'm wondering if in any were used in any other heal attempt. Perhaps on me? It didn't see it anywhere but I wanted to confirm with the GM.

► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:43 am

Well, we always could use the 1x Spell: Healing [refined water (molten snow) / refined herb, poison (stinging nettle)] we got lying around in the 1st room. Do you want to do that? Your char's life is on the line, so IMHO, it's your call much more than anyone else's.

Also, I think Traknesh healed Krat before he went out to join the gnome fight (at least Krat asked him to do that, and T agreed). That might have used another bandage, but that should still leave us with 2 more... :shrug:

► Show Spoiler
By the way, I gathered some more useful info in the resource thread, just in case anyone wants to look it over for missing/wrong pieces.
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:24 am

GathersIngredients wrote:Well, we always could use the 1x Spell: Healing [refined water (molten snow) / refined herb, poison (stinging nettle)] we got lying around in the 1st room. Do you want to do that? Your char's life is on the line, so IMHO, it's your call much more than anyone else's.
Yeah I think I'd like to go down that route. Looking at the data you compiled (Thank you) it looks like Traknesh has 2 in spell - heal, so maybe we can get assistance from him as well. Otherwise, you and I are the only 2 trained in the spell.
► Show Spoiler
I'm just following your lead and whatever inspiration strikes, but if we keep this up I think we may end up turning this game into a trashy romance novel before the next update.
GathersIngredients wrote:By the way, I gathered some more useful info in the resource thread, just in case anyone wants to look it over for missing/wrong pieces.
Thank you for putting in all the time and effort. At a glance it looks great, but I'll give it a more thorough viewing when I get an opportunity.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:30 pm

So I was double checking KnickKnacks add up of Traknesh's skills on the resource thread since she said she'd only done rough calculations. I noticed something. On both turn 8 and 9: success +5XP +2 Skill Forage Gains Lead (Cha) 3. Which would mean he was 5 xp further along. And according to my addition, it means he would have gained lead 4 a turn sooner and an extra dice this last turn. But then again his actions on turn 9 don't quite seem to make sense, as he was leading kobolds in an actions they didn't take.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:18 am

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Yeah I think I'd like to go down that route. Looking at the data you compiled (Thank you) it looks like Traknesh has 2 in spell - heal, so maybe we can get assistance from him as well. Otherwise, you and I are the only 2 trained in the spell.
Fine, let's try the spell then. :) If you want Traknesh to chip in, though, you'd better have Nockit ask him, KnickKnack is not exactly feeling like speaking to him (except with her fists, maybe), now that he used up almost all the wood and Lossa has come with trading goods.

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:I'm just following your lead and whatever inspiration strikes, but if we keep this up I think we may end up turning this game into a trashy romance novel before the next update.
You make it sound as if that would be a bad thing... o:) Besides, so far, I fail to see the romance part, up to now it's just KnickKnack being concerned for the colony member that almost kicked the bucket (and did NOT do some creepy stuff to safe themselves. :stab: ).
And may I remind you that this whole 'get the chars together, maybe' was -your- idea? If I may quote:
Well in that case.... want to go on a date? :oops:
as soon as you learned about me planning to swap KnickKnack's gender for the good of the colony. :Eyebrows:
Did you expect for Nockit to just ask 'wanna reproduce?' and for KnickKnack to say 'Sure, I can take one for the colony, I suppose.' ? :rofl:
If you want that kind of relationship, I remember NOA saying that practically we could order our NPC kobolds around to even -that- extent (I didn't ASK for that information, though, it was offered to me unsolicited!), so maybe Nockit would be happier with ... Kritti "Hot Glance", for example?
If you want Nockit to have a chance to reproduce with a gifted kobold, though, he'll have to do it the old fashioned way and woo KnickKnack. :love: (Or hope that another player char will swap gender, or a player takes over the vacant slot and makes a female character AND is being... more ... co-operative. ;) )
► Show Spoiler
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Thank you for putting in all the time and effort. At a glance it looks great, but I'll give it a more thorough viewing when I get an opportunity.
*nods* It's nice to be appreciated. And have someone take a look at what I did, so errors are spotted easier. :)

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:So I was double checking KnickKnacks add up of Traknesh's skills on the resource thread since she said she'd only done rough calculations. I noticed something. On both turn 8 and 9: success +5XP +2 Skill Forage Gains Lead (Cha) 3. Which would mean he was 5 xp further along. And according to my addition, it means he would have gained lead 4 a turn sooner and an extra dice this last turn. But then again his actions on turn 9 don't quite seem to make sense, as he was leading kobolds in an actions they didn't take.
Thanks. Like I said in the thread over there, I only took any 'gains skill level X' in the update texts into account, because it was SO much work to begin with to check and copy all his actions and add those together, and at some point I got fed up and didn't want to bother adding every single XP anymore. I did edit in the new updated calculation that you did into the resource thread. :thumbsup: I can try to keep up with that from now on, as it will be a lot less work with only 3 actions from one update at the same time.
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:43 am

GathersIngredients wrote:
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Yeah I think I'd like to go down that route. Looking at the data you compiled (Thank you) it looks like Traknesh has 2 in spell - heal, so maybe we can get assistance from him as well. Otherwise, you and I are the only 2 trained in the spell.
Fine, let's try the spell then. :) If you want Traknesh to chip in, though, you'd better have Nockit ask him, KnickKnack is not exactly feeling like speaking to him (except with her fists, maybe), now that he used up almost all the wood and Lossa has come with trading goods.
► Show Spoiler
You make it sound as if that would be a bad thing... o:) Besides, so far, I fail to see the romance part, up to now it's just KnickKnack being concerned for the colony member that almost kicked the bucket (and did NOT do some creepy stuff to safe themselves. :stab: ).
Well you have to have some build up. Otherwise it is a blunt "wanna reproduce?" situation, which you don't want and I would find boring. But if you want me to speed it up I can.
And may I remind you that this whole 'get the chars together, maybe' was -your- idea? If I may quote:
Well in that case.... want to go on a date? :oops:
as soon as you learned about me planning to swap KnickKnack's gender for the good of the colony. :Eyebrows:
Well you may recall my original plan had been to troll you by competing for the affections of the same kobold. Since you were so concerned about reproduction I figured that would be some fun RP, but you had to go and swap genders. Seducing you was plan B. (out of context that may be the most offensive thing I've ever said to a woman)
► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:28 am

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Well you have to have some build up. Otherwise it is a blunt "wanna reproduce?" situation, which you don't want and I would find boring. But if you want me to speed it up I can.
Agreed, the build up is part of the fun. So I wouldn't dream of asking you to speed it up.
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Well you may recall my original plan had been to troll you by competing for the affections of the same kobold. Since you were so concerned about reproduction I figured that would be some fun RP, but you had to go and swap genders. Seducing you was plan B. (out of context that may be the most offensive thing I've ever said to a woman)
:lol: So NOT commenting any further on this.

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:01 am

► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:21 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:52 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:02 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler