Kobold Mine [one slot open]

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: Kobold Mine [one slot open]

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:14 am

Can I change my action to

Active: help foraging

I'm limited to my phone for the next 5 days or so I'm less active in this period
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

eirikdaude
Whispers Softly

Post by eirikdaude » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:49 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:KnickKnack could probably make a decent bow by now (he can craft wood and bone so far), but I would need leather or intestines (for the string) for that, too. And some wood, I'm not sure how our supplies are there. Besides, your kobold explicitly asked for a sling, and KnickKnack doesn't know the first thing about leather-working.
Well, I already have a rank in throw, so I think I wanna continue improving that skill. Though 10 xp isn't *that* much...
GathersIngredients wrote:C) I'm going to forage on the meadow (with his help) this turn. You're more than welcome to come along with Ludo. More eyes see more potential dangers (if the bird and/or dwarf or other 'predators' are around) and/or stuff that we want to collect; maybe we could even succeed in taking down another warthog, if we run into another one. If not, there's still turtles, snakes (hopefully not poisonous ones) and birds on the meadow we can 'gather'.
Hmm, I was originally planning on inspiring our kobold underlings this turn, but I guess that can be delayed till we get back. Hopefully there won't be too much fighting on the trip as I currently don't have any real ranged option.

Change of actions:
A: Lead kobolds -> A: Assist in foraging.

GathersIngredients wrote:Or you could try and help Ozt heal some more. You probably should learn healing first.
Or you could try and become our smith: learn the forgefire spell (to save wood), smelting the ore into ingots, crafting the ingots into something useful. Does that sound interesting to you?
I'm still not sure I have understood the spell system, so for now I think I'll be happy with just assisting in the foraging :D
ÔÇ£Remember: when people tell you somethingÔÇÖs wrong or doesnÔÇÖt work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.ÔÇØ - Neil Gaiman, on writing critique

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:59 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:Farming: alas, kobolds are carnivores. I think it might have been a stretch already to put some plants (the berries) into the stew. So planting our food will most likely not work out too great. but maybe we could grow fodder for our food (as in we farm plants and we feed those to some animals and then we eat the animals).
Very true, but we could at the very least farm medicinal ingredients or spell components.
Or you could try and become our smith: learn the forgefire spell (to save wood), smelting the ore into ingots, crafting the ingots into something useful. Does that sound interesting to you?
While this would be useful, Click-Clank was already headed down this road. If we could find a replacement player, or be allowed some control over him it might be more useful than having another person head down this road. Though there is no guarantee we'll find one or if we do its how he'll want to play, so its not a bad choice.
eirikdaude wrote:I'm still not sure I have understood the spell system, so for now I think I'll be happy with just assisting in the foraging :D
Essentially you have to "build" a spell. Like anything else it has durability. Each spell has its own check and way it works. So if you use Forgefire, it expends a charge. Then for each 5 points you roll, the forge stays lit that many turns. So if you rolled 12, it would stay lit for 2 turns (12/2=2.4)
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:32 am

I had some spare time today I wanted to use to make an update...
I am halfway through the update and my PC crashes and I had to use about 2.5 hours to search for the problem. PC's working again (but not stable). Got a friend of mine to help me as soon as he is back from work.
I'll start writing the Turn from scratch for now^^ My plan was to update today but I have to go to work in about a hour...

Sorry for the wait. Work in progress.
I apologise for the inconvenience you are experiencing and wish you a nice day ;)
GM for a Kobold Mine

Cutting, building and assembling inside of Castle Heterodyne [Salpicon]
Being on hold while working under the D'Jinn [Zeun]
Beeing a lost Goblin Slave (a.k.a. Mineling) in a godforsaken Hole [Complains]
Full of excitement for the rise of a new Civilisation

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:38 am

Shit happens, don't worry about. Good luck fixing your computer.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

eirikdaude
Whispers Softly

Post by eirikdaude » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:35 am

Don't worry about it, I am sure we all understand that it's a lot of work to write the summaries of the turns.
ÔÇ£Remember: when people tell you somethingÔÇÖs wrong or doesnÔÇÖt work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.ÔÇØ - Neil Gaiman, on writing critique

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:16 pm

Don't beat yourself up about it. I can't speak for the others, but I'm happy to get an update whenever you can manage.
Good luck getting the computer running stable again. :thumbsup:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:47 am

PC is running+stable+all data safe!
Only took us another 3 hours (1130pm to 0215am).
What a luck I have late shift today and could sleep in a bit. (my morning shift starts 0600am that would have been funny)

I rolled your forage attemt... with two npc's helping (5 Kobolds total) you got a 33... even nerved is lead a strong skill.
GM for a Kobold Mine

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:36 am

Turn 13

1. Player Actions

Krat

Active: help foraging
[Forage: 2 + 1(lead) d 6 = 12]
success +5XP (32XP)
See KnickKnack

Passive: Refine the firestone
[Knowledge magic: 2 +1 [tool] d 4 + 2 (preperation) = 7]
[R39+7 S46 D15] ÔÇô ongoing 5/9 +1 XP (25XP)

Training: Ranged bow and crossbow +10 XP (20XP) Gain Ranged ÔÇô Bow & Crossbow (Dex) 2

Increase: int

Nockit

Order: Tell one of the common kobolds to learn spell - revive (too close of a call on Ozt, I want a back up plan)

Active: investigate the hole that his trap was dragged into
[Perception: 2d4 +1 (fluff) = 8]
[R8 S8 D5] ÔÇô success +5XP (26XP)
You can see a big bloodpool and the marks of a bunch of rats dragging something over to the hole.
You listen closely and try to look into that hole and soon after you hear the sound of two rats fighting.
You are not sure but by the look of it the hole opens into a bigger chamber after about half a meter.

Passive: Assist the other kobolds curing leather (it will take them forever otherwise)
Craft ÔÇô Tailor: 3 d 6 +1 (fluff) +2 (koboldhelper) = 11
R5+11 S 16 D 30 ÔÇô ongoing +1XP (44XP)

Training: knowledge - creatures +10XP (16XP) Gain Knowledge ÔÇô Creatures (Int) 1

After training I should have 15 skills and eligible to receive another +1 stat, I'll pick int

Click-Clank

Click-Clank decides he does not want to have an active part in leading the colony.
He digs rooms and minerals.
Active and Passive:

Mine from M17 to O17
[Mine: 3 d 4 + 0 = 6]
[Mine: 3 d 4 + 0 = 4]
found copper.
[R45+6+4 S 55 D 55] ÔÇô success +6XP
Gain 1x ore, high quality (copper)

pickaxe Break 15 : ÔÇô nothing
pickaxe Break 15 : ÔÇô nothing

Training: +1XP Mine

KnickKnack

Free: Permit Zim and Trixxa to become bonded and breed, but under the condition that Zim becomes the 'nursery kobold', meaning he is responsible for the little ones (the ones of him and Trixxa and any future kids the colony will have) and therefore should learn some skills to aid with that new task. Namely, order him to train healing (non magical). If possible, he'll also gladly take a look at the stuff Ludo brought back. [knowledge: nature & minerals]
[Knowledge:Nature & Minerals:
[Knowledge ÔÇô Nature & Minerals: 2 d 4 +1 (fluff) = 6] ÔÇô success +5XP (36XP)
- the fruit is a happy-nut fruit. Its possible to eat the fruit and the nut (about the size of a fist) is a rare magical component. You also heard its wood is great for making toys and beds.
[Knowledge ÔÇô Magic: 1 d 4 +1 (fluff) -2 (noskill) = 1] ÔÇô failure +1XP (1XP)
- you have no idea what this powder is.

Active: take Pskal (and any volunteers) with me to the meadow. [lead]
Pskal, Krat, Kaleb, Ludo go with you foraging.
[Lead: 2d4 +1 (fluff) +5 (FLS) = 11] ÔÇô success +5XP (25XP) Forage +1 for 4 Kobold

Passive: go forage (mainly for food, but I wouldn't say no to other useful stuff, e.g. wood) [forage]
[Forage: 2 d 4 +1 (fluff) +12 + 6 + 3 +3 (Kobold helper) = 33] -success +5XP (36XP)
Gain:
2x turtle
5x egg, bird
4x egg, snake
2x snake
11x berries, food (gooseberries)
3x wood (ash)
7x stone, hard (flint)
2x bottle (glass)
3xherb, medical (nightmare bane)

Training: Armor (Con) +10XP (10XP) Gain Armor (Con) 1

Stat Point Con

Ludo
A: Assist forage
[Forage: 1(lead)d5 = 3]
success +5XP (11XP) Forage (Wis) 1

P: Find a piece of quartz to refine for 10 turns.

T: Is there a hunting skill? Or would that be a mix of foraging and hunting? If there is, T: Hunt, otherwise T: Forage
+10 XP (21XP) Forage (Wis) 2

Traknesh
Active: Persuade a kobold to throw away the entrails. Far away...
[Persuade: 2 d 6 +5 (FLS) = 15]
[R15 S15 D10] -success +5 XP

Passive: Flooring his room.

Training: +10XP Gain Spell: Healing 1

2. NPC Actions

1 Kobold dig for Quarz (T18)
[Mine: 1 d 4 = 4]
[R33+4 37 D35] ÔÇô success
Break 15 ÔÇô success
Gain 5x gem, semi precious (quarz)

Prisarz cares for this pet hamster.

3 Kobold start curing leather [9x warhog fur,1x rat fur] + [liquid organic waste produkt (kobold)]
[Craft ÔÇô Tailor: 1 d 4 -2 (noskill) = 0]
[Craft ÔÇô Tailor: 1 d 4 -2 (noskill) = 2]
[Craft ÔÇô Tailor: 1 d 4 -2 (noskill) = 0]

1 Kobold makes plates from spider chitin
[Craft-Bone 1 d 4 -2 [no skill] = 2 ]
[R7+2 S 9 D 15] ÔÇô ongoing [8/10]

Pskal
[Forage: 1+1(Lead) d 4 = 6]
Kaleb
[Forage 1(Lead) d4 = 3]

Zim trains ÔÇô success
Isarl trains - failure

Zi'it stand guard.

Ozt rests. +1 con

3. Event

Good: nothing good happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

Neutral: nothing neutral happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

Bad: nothing bad happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

4. Trader

No trader

5. Wandering Monster

The foraging group does not encounter anything

The kobold taking the entrails away ses a gnome-patrol of 3 making camp not far from the mine.

Zi'it stand guard.

Nockit, wonders what happened to his trap. He investigates the blood and any prints in it to see if he can determine what exactly it was that took his trap. He then tries to look down the hole to see if he can figure out whats on the other end.
He sees a big bloodpool and the marks of a bunch of rats dragging something over to the hole. Listening closely and try to look into that hole and soon after he heard the sound of two rats fighting. He is not sure but by the look of it the hole opens into a bigger chamber after about half a meter.

Noting the efforts to make leather, Nockit lends his expertise to the cause. The kobold are happy to be shown what to do.

Making sure that there are at least a few kobolds around to bear witness to his tale, Ludo begins his tale.

"Yes, I have returned. My trip into the mountains has truly fraught with peril! First I ran into a dwarf, clad all in iron and carrying a huge hammer with the image of a dragon's head on its side! Even though he was very scary, I was very clever, and managed to escape with my life." Some of the kobold murmor something about dirteating scumbags.
"But all was not danger in the hills. Even though I had to outwit the dwarf, and stay hidden from the huge birds who haunt the mountain, I came across several strange herbs, as well as an abandoned quarry, containing many things we may make use of."
"Perhaps strangest of all the things I found was this fruit and this powder," Ludo presents the two to the assembled kobolds. "I have wracked my brain trying to figure out what they are, but with little luck. Maybe there is someone here who can help me figure out what they are?"

Glancing around to see if the kobolds are satisfied with his tale, he then finishes his tale with a small request.
"There is one thing that I thought of while I was out travelling, if I want to fight something from a distance, I don't really have any weapons I can use. I would be very grateful if someone here could help me craft a sling, so that next time I am out in the wilderness, I can hunt small birds or maybe squirrels to bring back for eating."

After having finished his tale, Ludo walks on to the room where he left the kobolds to mine. Seeing the results of their work, he exclaims:
"You have done excellent work, keep this up and this is going to be a very wealthy colony! I will now improve on the stones you've already dug out, and I am sure when you see the results, you will double your efforts at mining! Just look at this one I've already improved!"

He shows them the improved firegem. Traknesh seems realy interested in this gem. "Do you mind if I keep it in my room to prevent it to get lost?"

KnickKnack welcomes Ludo back from his scouting trip and attentively listens to what the fellow gifted kobold has to say. He'll also gladly take a look at the stuff Ludo brought back.
He also listens to Zim and Trixxa's request and nods in agreement. "I think you have done a good thing in preparing all this stuff, even though you did it in secret. I hope you didn't neglect any other duties you had for that. As for your request, I wouldn't dream of standing in your way, but since this colony is very small and we don't have anyone who can take care of the young, sick and/or wounded, I hereby decree that you, Zim should educate yourself in the ways of medicine making kobolds feel better and taking proper care of anyone who can't do so themselves. You will also be responsible for the offspring, watching over them, protect them from harm, keep them out of trouble and teach them to become proper and upstanding kobolds, much like you and Trixxa. Also, since our food situation is everything else than rosy, I have to ask you to check back with the leaders of this colony again for each new clutch for the time being."
Zim looks a bit uncomfortable. "I will do what I can learning healing, but.. with breeding... you mean every time Trixxa and I... well... report it... uhm... are you sure?"

When this is all sorted out, KnickKnack will ask Pskal to come with him into the meadows to forage, always watchful for danger. (Preferably edible stuff, but he wouldn't leave other useful resource - e.g. wood behind.)
He also thinks that once armor is readily available, he should be able to use it, too, so he practices how to wear armor.

One kobold reports something: "I have seen about three gnomes camping 10 minutes from here. The seem to wear leather armor and have spears. I did not go closer to prevent them to see me."

All kobold eat .

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
.[tabs: Krat]
Player: Theis2
Color: #8000FF
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3(2) Intelligence 5 Wisdom 6 Charisma 3
Fearless Leader Score: 6
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
1x Shortbow [wood (ash) / bow string [entrails (cave lizard)])]
15x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)] B60 D2
1x quiver [wood (ash)]
masterwork Magnifying glass [metal(silver) / magical gem (skyclear crystal)] B35 D15
pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)] B15 D7
strange frog (Tedook)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Nockit]
Player: ChuckDaRighteous
Color: #400000
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 6 Constitution 3 Intelligence 6 Wisdom 4 Charisma 3
Fearless Leader Score: 6
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
masterwork hunting snare, small [metal (iron)]
Shortbow [wood (ash) / bow string [entrails (cave lizard)])] To Hit: 1 Break: 30 Damage: 1d3 Durability: 2/3
9x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)] Break: 60 Durability: 2
3x cloth wrapped arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash) / cloth (gigant hanster)] Durability: 2
2x cloth wrapped arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash) / cloth (gigant hanster)] Durability: 1/2
1x fine sword [metal (iron)]
quiver [wood (ash)]
good breast armor [leather (bat)] [9/11]
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Clink-Clank]
Player: no player ÔÇô slot free
Color: #008080
Stats:
Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 4
Fearless Leader Score: 5
► Show Spoiler
Equipment:
pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)] Break 15 Durability 5/7
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: KnickKnack]
Player: GathersIngredients
Color: #FF8000
Stats:
Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Constitution 5 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 4
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
masterwork backpack [rare wood (floatwood) / metal (mithral) / leather (mounain troll)] Durability 30
3x spear [hard wood (oak), fire hardend] To Hit: 2 Break: 30 Damage: 1d4 Durability: 5
2x good pole [wood (ash)]
1x fine spear head, bone [bone(rat)]
1x good javelin [bone (rat) / wood (ash)]
1x axe [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Ludo]
Player: eirikdaude
Color: olive
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Constitution 4 Intelligence 5 Wisdom 5 Charisma 3
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
masterwork toolset, gemcutting [metal (mithral)]
axe [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]
4x small stone
1x gem, magical (firestone)
3x egg (bird)
1 strange fruit
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]

______
Here I go.
Last edited by NewOneAround on Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
GM for a Kobold Mine

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:32 am

@GM: is that hole big enough for a Kobold to crawl through?

@fellow players: is there any interest in dealing with those gnomes? Unfortunately Ozt isn't combat ready atm, but if others are in so am I. I'd personally like to ambush them but if people wanted to try something more diplomatic I'd go anyways just in case there is a fight.

► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:21 pm

YAY, update! :thumbsup:
► Show Spoiler
@ Chuck: I'm not sure fighting would be such a great idea right now, they have armor AND spears. We have spears, but only one armor (or two, if someone gets the leather armor Ozt currently has). But maybe we should send someone after the gnomes to follow them and see where they are going. Someone sneaky. Not sure KnickKnack exactly qualifies, but at least he could try to talk his way out of any situation, if he gets found out.

@ Zim & Trixxa: Well, IMHO they should at least wait to 'try again' for another clutch until after this one has arrived, is hatched and the resulting kobolds are self-sufficient. Would that be acceptable?
I hope we get the food situation stabilized soon. (So far it looks promising.)

@ everyone: I would really like to set aside the 3 ash wood we have gathered, since Lossa said that he would look into brining us preserved food the next time he comes around and he also said that his home mine needs wood. So we have something we can trade for the rations that they are actually interested in.

KnickKnack's actions:
Free: Order a kobold (how about the guy/girl making plates from chitin? S/He can do that, there, too, s/he just needs to watch for movement out of the corners of his/her eyes) to make a fire in the passage to the spider room and make sure they stay in there (just WATCHING and telling, if anything happens), or at least that we know when spiders come out of that room into our part of the mine.
Tell Pskal to start preparations for another stew (if he even needs telling. If nothing else useful can be done yet for the soup, Pskal can help KnickKnack butcher the animals they have gathered)
Active: scout the camp of the gnomes. Try to remain hidden, if found out, try to negotiate, if they turn out hostile, run. [stealth] Return to the mine in any case, but if followed, try to shake the pursuers first.
Passive: butcher the turtle(s and the snakes, if there is still time to do that in one turn), try to capture their blood in some bowl or the new glass flasks, so we can maybe later on make healing spells from the blood. [forage]
Training: Spell: Dragonskin (Con)

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:52 pm

@Chuck: Nope. The hole is big enough for 2 rats. But you think a few heavy hits with a pickaxe or two would make a big enougth break. (Mine D15 from J16 to J17
GM for a Kobold Mine

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:13 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:@ Chuck: I'm not sure fighting would be such a great idea right now, they have armor AND spears. We have spears, but only one armor (or two, if someone gets the leather armor Ozt currently has). But maybe we should send someone after the gnomes to follow them and see where they are going. Someone sneaky. Not sure KnickKnack exactly qualifies, but at least he could try to talk his way out of any situation, if he gets found out.
I do agree we need to watch them at the very least. Well, Nockit is the sneakiest 2d6 as opposed to everyone else 1d5. But you already posted you would do this. And the fact they have armor is part of the reason I want to attack them. That armor could come in handy and I wouldn't mind pulling it off their corpses. They may have armor but we have numbers. Unfortunately our troops aren't particularly combat ready so I can support holding off.

As to the fire in the path, unless my map reading skills are off and I'm all turned around, there are 2 pathways to the spider room. It had occurred to start a fire in one pathway and launch fire arrows to drive them down the other pathway into an ambush or out of the mine. If we're going to start a fire, I wouldn't mind executing this plan, but won't do so without approval/help from my fellow players.

Damn it there are too many things going on. Rats, Spiders, Gnomes. To many places I want to split my efforts between.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:20 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Damn it there are too many things going on. Rats, Spiders, Gnomes. To many places I want to split my efforts between.
Thx o:)
GM for a Kobold Mine

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:24 pm

► Show Spoiler
Most of that stuff WONT stack.
GM for a Kobold Mine

eirikdaude
Whispers Softly

Post by eirikdaude » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:59 pm

Did I bring a piece of quartz with me from the mine? There's nothing listed for my passive action.

Sorry for not posting more, I am a bit busy this weekend. Will try to get something more up soon, but I am somewhat swamped atm :)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:56 am

Thanks a lot for the recipes. :thumbsup:
Can we please get an estimate what those armor items would have in soak & encumbrance (normal quality), so I can decide the most efficient use of the chitin or will we have to make one of each finished to get those?
(What about better than normal quality? Will better than normal armor have only increased durability or can I maybe modify the other stats - like soak or encumbrance - too? Do I have to pick what I would like to improve before I start crafting or when I get the result of what quality the item will have in the end?
Because, it would be SUPER nice, if I could make some really basic armor for every kobold in the colony that gives a little soak but doesn't have encumbrance, so even non-trained kobolds can use them to protect themselves in case of emergency. )

Also, is there a place where we can look up all the know recipes so far? If not, should I gather them together someplace (maybe the recruitment thread)?

@ Chuck: if you want to you can send your kobold, instead of KnickKnack. Or you can have him accompany KnickKnack, as you prefer. Just let me know what you want. ;)
And about the spiders: I just want to make sure they stay in there for now and don't invade/sneak into our part of the cave and endanger our peaceful, non fighting-fit NPC kobolds (and especially not the eggs or youngings, once we have those). If we need two fires for that, then we ought to make two fires. But yes, I agree, eventually we should deal with the spiders. Trying to burn them in/with their webs would be an option, but that would also mean that we lose any spider silk we could otherwise harvest/gain.

EDIT: Important observation/question: Traknesh - the gifted NPC - doesn't seem to have done anything in the last turn (13). How come?

Also, I would like to adjust the combat presets. If melee fighting -> use the spear (KnickKnack got skill for that, but none for the axe).
If ranged combat -> use the javelin (instead of the first spear) to throw.
Oh, and KnickKnack's inventory is wrong. He should have one good pole [wood (ash)] and one fine javelin head, [bone(rat)] and one good javelin [bone(rat)/wood (ash)] more.
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:52 am

Do you regain constitution by resting? and how much do you have to rest then?

Active: Rest
Passive: Refining firestone
Training: Knowledge creatures
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:56 am

@eirikdaude: My bad didn't add it. There where no quarz @ beginning of the turn and as I rolled for the NPC-digger I simply forgot you. But I take it that you want to use your Gemcrafting skills not your magic-refinement skills?

@gathers: Soak, Encumberance, Durability are coming up...
I have written most recipts in a document. I would be overjoyed if you could make a thread collecting them in the game recources forum.
http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewforum.php?f=14
Traknesh did some things but nothing great. I deleted a few lines to much of Ludos actions so he is stuck right behind his post.

@theis2: yes you gain constitution by
1. Active Action: Rest
Chance to gain Con is 10% kumulative per turn. (1st 10% 2nd 20% ...) with a successfull healcheck 50% is added.
2. Cast Spell: Heal
GM for a Kobold Mine

eirikdaude
Whispers Softly

Post by eirikdaude » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:22 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:@ Chuck: if you want to you can send your kobold, instead of KnickKnack. Or you can have him accompany KnickKnack, as you prefer. Just let me know what you want. ;)
And about the spiders: I just want to make sure they stay in there for now and don't invade/sneak into our part of the cave and endanger our peaceful, non fighting-fit NPC kobolds (and especially not the eggs or youngings, once we have those). If we need two fires for that, then we ought to make two fires. But yes, I agree, eventually we should deal with the spiders. Trying to burn them in/with their webs would be an option, but that would also mean that we lose any spider silk we could otherwise harvest/gain.
Hmm, do you think that creating a (mundane) wall of fire, and sniping at the spiders from behind that would work?
NewOneAround wrote:@eirikdaude: My bad didn't add it. There where no quarz @ beginning of the turn and as I rolled for the NPC-digger I simply forgot you. But I take it that you want to use your Gemcrafting skills not your magic-refinement skills?
Ah, I see - useless, untrained kobolds ;) Hmm... The initial idea was using gemcrafting, yes, but maybe magic refinement would be better? I am probably untrained in that though... Does it use the same tools, and so forth? Oh, and are we still out in the forest, or did we return home from foraging at the end of turn?

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:51 pm

You where foraging in the meadows and that is near enought to get back to the mine.
No you use refinement tools. (and they are in use at the moment)
GM for a Kobold Mine

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:16 pm

Ok based on everything:

Free: order 2 kobolds to expand the rat tunnel. If possible ask Click-Clank to do it since he has the highest mining skill. (Side note: how much interaction do we have with him till we have a player for him)
Active: Tag along with KnickKnack to spy on the gnomes
Passive: continue curing leather
Training: knowledge magic
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:23 pm

You can ask him to mine things and if there is something ALL kobolds will fell he will be there to help (fullscale spider invasion), but dont plan for him to create stuff.
Yes he can dig the hole bigger.
I just don't want to have a voting everytime you update. Perhaps I will let him learn a few crafts to lvl 1.
GM for a Kobold Mine

eirikdaude
Whispers Softly

Post by eirikdaude » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:16 pm

In that case, yeah, I'll just do mundane refinement. This turn I think I'll just encourage the miners who are digging out quartz, dunno if I can make it so that the speech I gave the miners last turn could have some influence on my leadership attempt this turn? :P Was originally going to lead them then, but foraging came up, so :P

Um, and sorry about being a forgetful sod, but at what milestones were new stat-points awarded?

Actions for Ludo:
Free? Can I do a sense motive on why Traknesh wants the improved fire gem?
A: Lead kobolds digging for quartz
P: Continue refining quartz
T: Stealth

► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:10 am

NewOneAround wrote:@gathers:
I have written most recipts in a document. I would be overjoyed if you could make a thread collecting them in the game recources forum.
http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewforum.php?f=14
I just started a thread for the resources of this game. Everyone is welcome to contribute, if they like.

@ eirikdaude (is there some shorter form of your nickname that we may call you?)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler