MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:23 am

There doesn't seem to be anything in here except mosaic.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:35 am

Ok, well, Art will walk into the next room then, to take a look at the next threat.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:32 pm

((Is anyone else following him (except Warryn) or are you just going to hang out in the 2nd room with the reptilian art collector?))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:27 pm

Dain follows along in 3rd position with Ray of Frost prepped. The encounter was a bit...unsatisfying... to him since he didn't get a chance to finish the "spook" off.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:14 am

Aura follows along, shield and mace at the ready still... Trying to take a more forefront position assuming the others would allow it.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:47 am

Art does not care Aura goes either first or second.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:10 am

Ah'sereen will trail towards the rear, keeping well hid.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:00 am

The group hurry through the mosaic room safely and move onwards to the next one. This room is fairly small, dark and damp and the corners are hidden in shadow.

Ah'Sereen notices an oddly misshapen thing in the near right-side corner. It seems to be moving slightly, or she'd never have noticed it...

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:21 am

Ah'sereen whistles softly to get the others attention, jerking her head in the direction of the movement.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:28 am

Once advised of where to look, does Art's vision give him a better idea what the thing is?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:30 am

Aura is casting light on her signet ring, basically turning it into a flashlight when they begin entering the darker room. Nothing bad will come of that, surely.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:12 pm

((cool, thanks for the reminder))

Even with Aura's ring, you're somewhat at a loss to understand what you're looking at... It appears to be a large, spiral-shelled snail, wrapped around a deformed, but sleeping foetus. You see what appears to be a claw sticking out of the top of the shell, which waves you on towards the exit.

There is a closed door to the north.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:18 pm

Warryn eyes the snail warily, then beckons at the others to move on. It seemed harmless enough. And there was no point making any more enemies.

Approaching the door, he gives it a quick once-over for traps or hidden secrets, then tries to open it.

Investigation check: 1D20+3 = [13]+3 = 16

EDIT: Also a Nature check on the snail and foetus, because why not!

Nature check: 1D20+3 = [15]+3 = 18

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:07 pm

Art looks at the strangely deformed animal?? and then sees it has a claw that is waving them on. He pauses for a moment looking at it, but moves on without moving towards it. "Good luck, fellow traveller." he states as he waits for Warryn to open the door he will wave at the creature.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:12 pm

"Shhhh!!"

The shell-thing points at the sleeping creature.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:48 pm

Dain fish eyes the two creatures, clamps his lips together into a thin line. He shakes his head, and moves on without speaking.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:51 am

When the snail-like creatures shush-es Art, he tries to figure out if the shush is meant in fear, as in, 'don't wake it, it is dangerous and if you wake it it'll hurt you', or if it is meant as in, 'baby is sleeping, be quiet please. '?

Insight: 1D20+2 = [20]+2 = 22
Last edited by NotStickFigures on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:53 am

This is the perfect moment to perform an loud Augury to see if waking the baby will have bad consequences.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:04 am

It is hard to read the expressions of mutant snails at the best of times, but you are fairly sure that you are being shooshed out of annoyance, not fear.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:19 pm

The party decide that this place is weird enough without making it worse, and head quietly out of the room as the shell-creature begins to sing a quiet lullaby and rock gently back and forth on its shell.

The door doesn't appear to be trapped and opens quietly to your touch, revealing a dizzying drop that plunges away into the darkness below. One perilous-looking rope bridge stretches about 100 feet away ahead of you and another stretches maybe 60 feet away to your left.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:34 pm

Dain looks at the situation. "Spork." He then shrugs and heads over to the bridge on the left to check if it's safe to cross.

investigation: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:07 am

Peering over the edge, Warryn tries to see if there's anything at the bottom of the pit.

Perception check: 1D20+0 = [6]+0 = 6

Presumably finding nothing interesting, he turns his attention back to the others.

"So, do you lot actually have a plan in mind? Or are you hoping to wander this place endlessly until we find a way out?"

((I've got 120ft Darkvision, so seeing to the bottom shouldn't be too much trouble. Unless it's even deeper than that.... :shock: ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:16 am

"I'm not sure this place lends itself to making much in the way of plans..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:55 am

Art nods in agreement when Ah'sereen makes her comment about this place being rather...chaotic.

"The only plan I have, is to try to befriend a being or two in here, hopefully gain some allies, or at least non-enemies, who will assist us with information on how to get out of here in one piece. So I'm ready to bring art back to that first lady, and if I find that moon guy's kids, he would be a great person to not have on our bad side, I think."

Seeing the room coming up, Art brings out his rope, thinking it might be safer if we might all be tethered to each other. All or none die if we start to fall??
Last edited by NotStickFigures on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:58 am

"Well, we've got at least two lifesavers at the ready if things go REALLY wrong, I'd think..." Aura says with just a light hint of a smirk.

"I'm not sure I'd trust trying to cross these rusty bridges all at once, though..."