Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.

Moderator: Games Moderators

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Postby M0rtimer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:17 am

Also, Synch, I'm guessing you're mostly considering the situation one in which Bjorn would watch from the sidelines, but not really see the need to participate..?
M0rtimer
Games Moderator

Postby M0rtimer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:41 am

Dusk, feel free to give me a perception roll as well, to see if Izzy can hear anything about what's going on in addition to her wind senses...
M0rtimer
Games Moderator

Postby Dusk9 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:46 am

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Postby M0rtimer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:42 am

Natrivv, Irene should have had enough time to try that.

Do you wish to do so?
M0rtimer
Games Moderator

Postby Natrivv » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:45 am

To clarify I do want to try, but the other trainer should be at least taken hostage first.
I know that strictly speaking, I could attempt ally switch when she saw the hand, but that would be a level of control of her 6 day old powers Irene still lacks. So I'm using this moment to show that she's still learning to control them
Natrivv
Gives Speeches

Postby SamWiser » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:46 am

I want to apologize for being MIA so often lately. I have been working two jobs, roughly 60 some hours a week, for about 6 months now, and it's kinda been killing me. I barely have enough energy to do even basic posts, and when they required me to look something up, or even roll for something, I often ended up telling myself "I'll do it tomorrow" (which quickly becomes a never ending cycle). But, my last day on my second job was yesterday, so I should have a lot more free time now, and so should be posting a lot more regularly. It's a good thing, I suppose, that I have been away from the group for so long, so none of you were really inconvenienced by my lax posting schedule. Other than M0rt, that is.

Also, I just noticed something I screwed up over a year ago, which really throws a wrench in my goal to evolve Dracula. Namely, I bought the wrong item. When we went into the cave system to fight the Bone Lord, I bought a Razor Claw from the Crows, when he needs a Razor Fang. And I was really hoping to evolve him before the day is over. :wall:
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

“Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?”
― Terry Pratchett
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Postby Dusk9 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:47 am

SamWiser wrote:Also, I just noticed something I screwed up over a year ago, which really throws a wrench in my goal to evolve Dracula. Namely, I bought the wrong item. When we went into the cave system to fight the Bone Lord, I bought a Razor Claw from the Crows, when he needs a Razor Fang. And I was really hoping to evolve him before the day is over. :wall:

Actually, I think you're in luck. Looking back, Mort is the one who screwed up mixed them up first - he calls it a Razor Fang when you first find it, then in the next update switches to Razor Claw. You must have just assumed he knew what he was talking about and that was what you needed :roll: :lol:
Dusk9
Games Moderator

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Postby M0rtimer » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:59 am

And clearly, I am a vengeful god which would never allow you to retcon such a mistake.

NEVER.

And DEFINITELY not if it turns out to not even be your own fault, but mine.
M0rtimer
Games Moderator

Postby Dlover » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:50 am

Nope, only retcons allowed are character-wide. It's an all-or-nothing system. Better start planning your new character layout. :p
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)
Dlover
Game Master

Postby SamWiser » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:14 pm

I already have my backup character, already. I'm actually kind of excited to play him. First character where I actually know what I'm doing, game-wise. (Phoenix is a fun character, but build-wise, he's a mess).

But thank you. Not that I desperately need the power boost from evolution to make Drac viable, she's pulling her weight for sure, but hey, everybody likes evolutions.

“Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?”
― Terry Pratchett
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Postby Dlover » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:28 am

Are any of our builds not a mess?
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)
Dlover
Game Master

Postby SamWiser » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:20 pm

I don't know. From what I've seen, Koa seems to have a fairly solid build. I haven't paid too much attention to anybody else's build though, so I could be wrong.

But seriously. One day I looked through the book, looked at all of the classes, and what skills they used and what meshed well together, and decided on which ones looked the most interesting. Then, I went through each class I picked, and decided which order I wanted to take each one, and which level I could take certain feats at. And then, I went through and built his entire team. And then, I looked through each legendary and decided which ones worked best for him, both for character, and build reasons.

Procrastination is one heck of a drug.

― Terry Pratchett
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Postby Dlover » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:38 pm

I've done the same a couple of times, minus the reading the book. The builds are still a mess. :P
My game:

My characters:
Dlover
Game Master

Previous

Return to Forum Games