PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:27 am

It's immune to damaging posion attacks. If bjorn has mist, that could help. Also was this move also signal beam? Or was it a different move? Because if it was signal beam then pyre resists it.

Anyways, we got any accuracy debuffs? With it taking 10 turns despite being heavily damaged and statused, we need everything we can to make sure it does not hit.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:07 am

((And we can't just knock it out, right? So I should hold off on Pyre attacking again?))
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:13 am

((Yeah, can't KO it.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:30 am

Bjorn sends out Husk, makes a quick gesture to go for the eyes, then reaches down and presses his hands to the floor. A slow roiling mist rises and envelopes the room, the crisp cold cloud-like air hanging around the trainers and pokemon.
(Bjorn uses Mist.)

Pyre flies to the SE corner of the pad away from Bjorn, while Husk reaches down and finds a surprising handful of hand that she hurls into genesect's face.
Sand-Attack (AC = 7)
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:49 am

Koa, (Drake), (Izzy), (Irene)

Even given recent, potentially rather traumatic events, and leaving a rather sore Koa, he none the less jumps to it's defense as the attack is thrown- Earning some curse words from Isabella as her fist hits a different kind of rock instead, shaking it off...

"N-no, wait! It, it's fine. She' didn't mean to... to make me freak out. She just... just-just gimme a sec, OK?"

"So that's their thing, huh? They shoot you up full of whatever? They get you high as a kite and beef you up, but they gotta... suck the life outta you to keep it going?"

"Hmm... For us, yes- As I said, and I admit this is just personal theories..." Matthias says, stowing away his sketchbook as he seems more focused on the Nihilego than Koa's wrath, seeming to admire it even now.

"We are simply too fragile for these poor, well-meaning creatures... I suspect there is- Or at least, once was, a creature that fit far better to receive their symbiosis. But alas, now they only have us- Even though they do their best to make us... Comfortable."

"In the end, it was not like you were not in control, were you not..? Just a bit caught off guard... Perhaps I should have been more prudent in issuing a warning, but things got rolling faster than expected... It must like you."

"Now... It has been absolutely marvelous to meet you all- But I believe I've achieved all I had come to set out to do, and you've been helped as much as I can offer... I suppose it is time we part ways, for now..."

► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:16 am

Izzy watches the cultist go, still not really sure what to make of him. He seemed harmless enough, but.....

"Are you sure you're okay, Koa? That looked pretty....rough."

As the trainers and their 'mons set off, Izzy once again rides Kay into the sky, trying to scout for the group from above. Meanwhile, Maku stays a little closer to the ground, floating along serenely behind them.

Izzy Per: 24
Kay Per: 18

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:34 am

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

Bjorn starts up a mist, as he releases Husk... Who quickly picks up some sand, and places it carefully over the Genesect eyes for when it wakes up... Which it does- Jolted awake as the charge hits it, if unable to attack... It's burn damaging it some, although it seems to heal more- More than last round, in effect...

Luna decides that continuing to debuff it is probably the best course of action, throwing it another set of puppy eyes, which somehow affect the soulless goliath more than it probably should... While Haley moves to behind one of the actual desks, since it seems to have the consoles actually controlling the pad, rather than no ports on the actual pad... She's sadly unable to find a way to make it so that there is only specific things Genesect would be able to do with it's accumulated charge- But she does think she could probably temporarily halt the pad's functions...

Charon runs interference, decreasing the bug's AC somewhat... As Slippy yawns at Genesect, causing it to become drowsy...

"Energy buildup is reaching dangerous levels. Be careful. Progress at 25%..."

Blessings: Mist(3)
Pyre(33/18) +2 SPD 62/81
genesect(16/20) paralyzed, confused, burned, -2 ATT, injured, (-2 AC), drowsy, [Boosted: +2 to all]
Buttercup(15) 20/54 recalled.
Jackie(15)
Husk(15)
Bjorn(14) 24/58 +2 SPD
Luna(12)
Haley(12)
Charon(5)
Alex(5)
Roy(4)
Dusk(3)
Slippy(2)
Singularity(S) 25% complete
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:20 am

"Understood. Acorn, Intercept if needed. If not use growl. Bjorn, I suggest using haze or grappling it. Alex, Roy can help grapple. Luna, if you have any way to lower it's stats that would be great."

athletic [4d6+2] = 10+2 = 12 OR [1d20+2] = 3+2 = 5

If the pad would not halt the upgrade Haley will work on it, otherwise she'll leave it be because having 10 turns of this already is a bit much so we shouldn't delay it further.

(instead of buttercup, acorn should be on the field.) So it can heal, boost and restore a status all in one go?

I assume last move it used was Xscissor.

EDIT: Also you are using my old sheet, here is my new one: Haley Newest Sheet

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:31 pm

Alex lets out a bark of laughter, "The cripple, help grapple? I'd suggest Bjorn break free of that mess and hide before it hits him again. Roy, try to pin it down." Alex recalls Slippy and dips into the cover just beside him.

Roy Grapple AC: 18 (+1 Focused Training, +1 Focused Orders, -2 Hustle.)
Roy Grapple (Combat): 17

((May not be 10 turns, since it uploaded 15% this time. Only 5 more turns at that rate.))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:45 am

Drake is glad to be off with the crazy cultist guy despite he seemingly just wanted to help them. He's ready to go to murkoff.

Can't roll at the moment though
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:13 pm

Bjorn falls back to Jackie and grabs a hyper potion out of his pack, ready to quaff it. Pyre meanwhile uses Agility again, and Husk will throw some more sand again when she can.
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Phoenix considers Midas' words. I had a lot of fun, dancing with you last night, just so you know. It was awesome.

He hopes the compliment can make her feel a little less awkward.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:34 pm

Some color returns to Irene's face after seeing what just happened to Koa. Shivering she barely acts to call out before he leaves. "Umm, before you go what did you mean by not believing in coincidences?" Though while she pays rapt attention to the answer her sense of the genuiness of the answer is subpar.

Irene intuition [2d6] = 5

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:31 pm

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

Pyre speeds up some more by exercising it's agility, as Genesect, meanwhile, is about to prove it had been a bad ideaTM to allow it to charge as much as it did- As it disengages from Bjorn and the others to sidestep to it's right, discharging itself on all adjacent targets! It captures Slippy, and originally Roy too in the blast- But Acorn manages to intercept at the last possible second as he pushes the fighting type out of the way, taking the hit in it's stead... Meaning Slippy and Acorn take 58 damage each- Or respectively, 58(43) and 58(22) damage! It also shakes off the paralysis doing this, though at least it seems a little less boosted, and still confused... Even if not taking any damage from it. It also promptly falls asleep after the attack.

Bjorn meanwhile disengages, and pulls out a hyper potion, spraying it on quickly- Healing himself in the process. Luna meanwhile, not seeming to see anything she can do undergoes an enchanting transformation- Her standard outfit soon transforming into a set of elegant white robes.

"Bjorn, dear... If you need healing, do say- I've got two more uses left to go... You guys, too, of course."

Charon looks rather... Bored, as Alex commands Roy to move in and grapple genesect- Which it does with no issues because it's sleeping, making it rather hard for the creature to resist.

"Most of the dangerous charge has been discharged, but be careful regardless... I sense a big surge coming up. Upload at... 40%."

Blessings: Mist(3)
Pyre(40/18) +4 SPD 62/81
genesect(16/20) confused, burned, -2 ATT, injured, asleep, being grappled [Boosted: +1 to all]
Buttercup(15) 20/54 recalled.
Jackie(15)
Husk(15)
Bjorn(14) 58/58 +2 SPD
Luna(12)
Haley(12)
Acorn(10) 43/65
Charon(5)
Alex(5)
Roy(4) grappling Genesect
Dusk(3)
Slippy(2) 34/69
Singularity(S) 40% complete
► Show Spoiler
Phoenix

I had a lot of fun, dancing with you last night, just so you know. It was awesome.

Alex let's out a mild "Hmm.", not seeming particularly motivated by those words... But that might just be because she needs to clear her head. She takes another drink of water before speaking again.

"So... What's your plans for today? Straight on to Nikon, I'm guessing..?"

(Koa), Drake, Izzy, Irene

"Umm, before you go what did you mean by not believing in coincidences?"

"I mean exactly what I said my dear... I do not believe in coincidences. As some others would call it... It's a small world after all. Things do not 'just' happen... That key you find will open a door later. That stranger you met is not such a stranger after all. Things are connected in ways you do not realize."

"No matter how unlikely it often seems, how impossible a connection it should be... It happens none the less."

"You already have experience with that, don't you dears..?"

Whatever he might be hiding behind those cryptic words- And it's obvious he's hiding something, if "good natured", by his smile- Irene at least can't tell... As Koa, gathering himself up, and recalling the Nihilego for now, has one more thing to say.

"H-Hey, wait! Before you go, you have any way for us to contact you? In case we need help with these things. A cell phone, or something..?"

"Ah... Not a cellphone I'm afraid- Too easy to track, and I'm just not good with that kind of stuff... I know Garett has one, but well... I've never had one myself, so I've never quite remembered it..." Matthias says, seeming to consider things for a moment... Before seeming to have a moment of enlightenment.

"Ah- I suppose this is a good example of me not believing in coincidence, is it not..? I believe we all know where these come from..."
he says, pulling up his spellbook... Continuing:

"Next time you go back there... There should be some form of means to contact other... Constructions like it. How about this time around, I'll make sure there's someone to answer the call..?"

"Goodbye for now. Psi- Redditum."

With that, the book flutters for a moment before with zero fanfare, the man vanishes- Leaving the trainers alone in the still somewhat warped field... And with a new message from a good friend.

Code: Select all

Well, that went way more better than I thought it was going to be. :)

Just so you are aware though... Sooner or later, he is probably going to find out you didn't get those things as "buddy buddy" as he's been led to believe. :)

And when he does... The next encounter might not be quite as friendly. :o
With all that out of the way, the trainers are FINALLY back on the road towards Murkoff- And in the process, have actually gotten rather close... They'd probably reach the city a bit after midday, with hopefully too little interruptions... Even if Jeremy does have them take a small detour, for reasons that'd become obvious not too much later... Trees begin to clear, leading to more open grasslands joined by smaller patches of forestry... The most perceptive ones, who in this instance consist only out of Izzy, notice what almost seem to be shanties dotted here and there among the fields- Farmers..? They're a bit out of the way of the road, though... But there is one thing the trainers all definitely see- The skyscrapers of Murkoff in the distance, a couple of them signalling it's position even from this far away... Although unlike Isosceles, who was filled with it, here only about three seem to peek out from the trainer's current distance. And they feel... Less modern. Although it is really too far to judge properly from this distance just yet.

Another thing that everyone would be hard pressed to not notice, is them rejoining the road once again- Just in time to see an old, but still impressive structure right ahead of them. A bridge, large concrete pillars on the sides hoisting up a metal infrastructure over what seems to be quite a large gap... The trainers estimating it's at least 40 meters across, and wide enough that two trucks could pass each other. An oddity, on these otherwise rather unkempt roads... Coming closer, they start to see the reason for it's existence, and why Jeremy had lead them on the slight detour- A wide river rushing below, seeming to give the impression of being "calm" at first, but closer inspection would find that the water went at quite an impressive speed, and the waterway seemed, for a part at least, man-made... Izzy and Drake also notice it's source far to the north- Spotting a massive dam.

Yet when the trainers approach, though, they become aware of one more thing that seems most definitely out of place... Izzy first to notice, and calling the group to a halt- As the bridge is absolutely covered in spikes. And noticing the trainers halt, three figures pop out from behind one of the concrete pillars, behind them another figure behind a good line of spikes as protection... The figures are actually quite young, around the age of the trainers in question. Although their matching black attire, not to mention the bandannas covering their face, made one thing perfectly clear- They're some kind of gang... As the three kids on front all speak up- The two males starting, as the one punk girl finishes.

"Yo yo yo!"

"Wassup? Welcome to Defiant bridge!"

"Famous for being the ONLY bridge that crosses the Defiance canal..."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:25 pm

► Show Spoiler
Alex recalls Slippy and, assuming Genesect can't gain Dominance after waking up, has Roy push it forward one space. Not off the pad just yet.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:04 am

Kay sets down at the front of the group, glaring at the gang-kids suspiciously. Izzy is less cautious, however, giving them a friendly wave and bright smile.

"Hi! Only bridge, huh? Neat! Anyway, we're just on our way to Murkoff - that's this way, right?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:32 am

I'll have Acorn to prepare to intercept again. Haley will use her focused orders.

Acorn athletic [4d6+6] = 14+6 = 20

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:23 pm

After the cultist guy is gone Drake can't help but share his thoughts

"Sounds like they live at one of the temples, most likely the psychic one based upon they know of us and the fact the spell is psi redditum and the one we got is fae."

Drake will whisper to the others as the hoodlums approach them

"Think it might be better to just find an alternative way around?"

In game logic says it's the best way to go about it, meta game says beat them for their lunch money and xp! :lol:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:44 pm

Izzy, Drake, (Koa), (Irene)

Drake silently tries to suggest to go around before there's any real trouble... Although Izzy doesn't seem to hear him- And soon calls out to the trio.

"Hi! Only bridge, huh? Neat! Anyway, we're just on our way to Murkoff - that's this way, right?"

"Woah- That's one cool dragon bat..."

"Yup yup! Can see some of the towers right over there, see?"

"Leftmost belongs to senator Mekka- Lazy bastard never moved his headquarters."

"Yeah, my da used to work for him at his car factory... Till they shut it down and moved it all to Nikon!"

"The one in the middle used to be Springstone hotel."

"But now it's 'abandoned'."
the other grunt adds- Raising literal quotation fingers in the air as he speaks.

"Smallest skyscraper belongs to the Moon foundation..."

"They're alright."

"But yeah- The ONLY bridge."

"Just terrible shame that it's really in no shape to be used right now... Look at this, right? Someone's made a right mess, didn't they?"

"Luckily, we'd be glad to help you out! Clear you a path, quick and easy."

"We're a bit of caretakers of this here bridge... Could you imagine how drab things would look if we weren't here to spruce things up a bit?" one of the guys says, seeming to wave over towards one of the concrete pillars... And the many layers of graffiti sprayed upon it.

"We do this whole gig out of the goodness from our hearts, though... So a small donation would be appreciated."

"Saaaay... 250 bucks each?"

"...Really?" Isabella suddenly speaks up, seeming to have been observing with a mildly annoyed frown: "This is what you guys do now? Playing bridge trolls?"

"Yo, what's that supposed to mean?!"

"You're Kingsmen, right?"

"Yooooo, how do you know?!"

"I was born in Murkoff, you dimwits. Lived there pretty much my entire life- I'd recognize that getup anywhere."

"Yo yo yo!"

"Why didn't you just say so?"

"What gang are you in?"

"I'm no part of any stinking gang."

"Don't be yanking our tail doll!"

"If you're not in a gang, then you're a nobody!"

"And everyone knows what happens to nobodies in Murkoff..."

"Look, it doesn't fucking matter, okay? Just let us through already."

"Don't think so sister- Looks pretty clear to me you left. You're no longer part of the family- You're in no position to make demands."

"Suppose it's only right we'll hand you a free pass, though..."

"But you know the deal with outsiders..."
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:29 pm

Husk to throw sand? I think that should be good since we shouldn't harm Rhem Genesect anymore.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:20 pm

Over the past 24 hours Koa had his mind assaulted by an eldritch entity, exploded a bomb in his own face in an attempt to escape said entity, had to initiate a shaky first contact with a race of extradimensional superhumans, and was subjected to some sort of brain-fusion drug by a pokemon (?) from yet another dimension. He was tired, battered, cranky, and making no attempt to hide it from these punks.

"We can clear the spikes just fine, now are you gonna let us pass? If not, then we'll just go around, yeah?"

(I'd like to do an Intuition check on them, but someone will have to roll for me. Koa should have +6 intuition after re-equipping the green shard)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:29 am

If Genesect continues sleeping, Bjorn gestures to his pokemon to hold steady while they wait for the upload to continue on.

If he wakes, Bjorn will intercept any attacks made Luna/Charon's way while Husk makes another Sand-Attack.

Intercept (AC = 19)

Sand-Attack (AC = 7)
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:41 am

Izzy is confused. Why were the others being so cold? The kids seemed pretty friendly to her. Then she thinks about things a bit more carefully, finally putting two and two together.

"Ooooh, I get it! This is a scam! You make the bridge uncrossable, then we have to pay to use it. That's really clever!"

Pausing, she glances down at Kay, then gives them an embarrassed smile.

".....you...you do realise we can just fly over though...right?"

Charm: 23

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:35 am

Irene let's Izzy take the lead letting her flying pokemon show off the superflous nature the bridge posed for them. "It's really not that much of an inconvience if we can't walk across, we'd just prefer to not rely on our pokemon like that."

Assisting Izzy on her charm check

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:07 am

Drake is more than happy to let the girls and Koa handle the thugs. A brief thought about bringing out celesteela to coerce them to let them pass is awfully tempting but he's sure it would only cause more trouble than it is worth in the long run.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked