The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.

Moderator: Games Moderators

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:06 pm

(( :chuckle: It'll do. ))
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:01 am

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:39 am

Zephyr lets out a small moan of pain, rubs her side and picks up the javelin. She stows it by strapping it across her back, ready to pull out and throw should the need arise.
As for the other things she finds, she isn't overly sold by the greed created by such baubles and coins, but she knows that they would enable her to buy new pretty killing things and thus puts the coins into her purse. The other three items she stows away into the depths of her bag until such a time as they stop and she has time to look at them closer.

Still rubbing her side, she does a quick look around the rest of the room, trying to ignore the fact that she finds herself surrounded by greedy whores searching through the cluttered debris. She lets out a huff of disgust and heads to the far door, looking at it closely.
Colonizing the New WorldColonial Re-imagining
http://www.meandmypixels.com - A Webcomic Adventure by LAYF

The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.
User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
 
Posts: 7443
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby NotStickFigures » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:53 am

Checking out the dagger, Coljin turns it over in his hands and looks it over closely. He wonders briefly about the decorations on it and then heads over to Ulmwin, asking, "Can I ask what your detect magic tells you about this item?"
User avatar
NotStickFigures
Converses Frequently
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:41 am

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby M0rtimer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:00 am

Ulmwin does relay what magic he spots on the items to the others... Including Zephyr, although he hesitates a bit after the glare she seems to give towards the party... Before he sees the magical auras gradually begin to fade into non-existence, as the spell begins to waver out.

"Alright, spell's running out. If any of you find any more potential magic stuff, keep it until next time we make camp- I'll recast the ritual then to inspect them."

(We did it when we were inspecting the barrels in the other room- But yeah, fair enough.)
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10068
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:05 am

Dagger = Evocation
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 11435
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby thinkslogically » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:34 am

Nemeia doesn't quite know what to make of Randy's comments about the lock and wonders if she's been pushing her luck with him... Deciding to be more careful about her appearance, she pulls out her dagger (not the fancy one) and starts prying at the lid with it trying to lever it open.

((Spider what check (if any) would you like for this?))
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 10551
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:35 am

((Let's say... straight STR check at disadvantage.))
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 11435
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm


Re: The Sundered Way

Postby spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:45 am

Tess: You jam the blade under the lid and wiggle it about, but it's pretty secure and doesn't pop.

((What would you guys like to do now? You've cleared this floor for the moment.))
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 11435
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:53 am

Close the doors and take a short rest, recoop some of our lost hp.
Colonizing the New WorldColonial Re-imagining
http://www.meandmypixels.com - A Webcomic Adventure by LAYF

The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.
User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
 
Posts: 7443
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:03 am

((No doors on this room, just open doorways. Have we taken a short rest today? If so, keep in mind if you've spent hit die to recover previously.))
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 11435
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:07 am

mm, I don't remember doing that, I thought they took a long rest before now. I may take my second wind otherwise.
.
Colonizing the New WorldColonial Re-imagining
http://www.meandmypixels.com - A Webcomic Adventure by LAYF

The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.
User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
 
Posts: 7443
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:16 am

((I think there was talk of a short rest, but it might not have been taken. As long as people were tracking HD spent to heal, we're good either way. As I said though, this room is open on two doors (though accessible through a single hallway), and it also smells fairly bad in here. The blights have eaten every drop of blood, scrap of flesh and piece of leather, but it still carries a scent of decay.))
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 11435
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby NotStickFigures » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:42 am

The room with the kegs has a door and we could go there. Or we could head back to our secure room and know we are totally not going to be bothered.

Coljin tries to assess how damaged everyone is at this point.
(I am unsure what his HP even is at this point)
User avatar
NotStickFigures
Converses Frequently
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:41 am

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:47 am

((By my count, Randy is at 15/20, Zephyr is at 11/24, Maji is at 8/17, and Coljin is at 12/18. Everyone else is at full health.))
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 11435
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby thinkslogically » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:51 am

((Tess is fine I think. Pretty sure she got healed earlier today after she got knocked out. Unless that was yesterday?))

Tess will make a bit of a noisy fuss over the lock for a bit until she's noticed. Then she'll give up in dramatic fashion.

"Nope... This one's not for opening. Let's bring it back to the safe room."

After that,
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 10551
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby M0rtimer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:27 am

Assuming we're gonna take a short rest, Ulmwin might actually just take that time to recast detect magic, considering there's probably plenty of others to guard, and he's not been injured yet.
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10068
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:58 am

Maji takes a look at the box. He brings out his scimitar and since Tess can't pry it open he opts to try to carefukly destroy the box, aiming at the hinges. Same check?
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 13487
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:37 am

^You want to ask Lurks if you're allowed to first? Sheesh, what if you destroy what's inside. Lurks, I hope you stop Maji by punching him in the face...that's what Zephyr would do... WWZD
Colonizing the New WorldColonial Re-imagining
http://www.meandmypixels.com - A Webcomic Adventure by LAYF

The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.
User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
 
Posts: 7443
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby Patdragon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:44 am

So just to check are all the corridors we have found dead ends? Is the only way in from both our starting stairwell and the one that leads down?
Currently playing
Forges for food (3gp)- The Goblin Adventuring league
Pushes Buttons The Island
Rudolph Sundered Way


Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem
User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
 
Posts: 2270
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:01 pm
Location: Andong, Korea

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:29 am

BadgeAddict wrote:^You want to ask Lurks if you're allowed to first? Sheesh, what if you destroy what's inside. Lurks, I hope you stop Maji by punching him in the face...that's what Zephyr would do... WWZD

Lets see...Steal the whole box and charge at an enemy with it?

Zephyr is terrible as a role model.
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 13487
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:31 am

Randy notices that Tess was having trouble and Maj is getting ready to whack the box. "Hold on there, mate! If it won't open now we'll just try later when we're rested. We don't know if that thing is booby trapped or not. What if it has one of those crystals primed to go off if it isn't opened properly?"
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:01 am

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:11 pm

Maji sighs and stops. He pulls out the blackboard Why did everybody go through blight feces?
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 13487
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby thinkslogically » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:12 pm

"It would be a shame to destroy it completely. But we'll probably at least have to break that to get it open. I don't want to break my knife on it after all."
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 10551
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:55 pm

Patdragon wrote:So just to check are all the corridors we have found dead ends? Is the only way in from both our starting stairwell and the one that leads down?


((Correct. This level has been largely collapsed in on itself.))
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 11435
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest