PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:23 pm

Haley slowly walks to the group, styler in hand, ready to use it if it tries to charge.

Surv [5d6+2] = 16+2 = 18 + 2 for grass"Easy, easy. It's okay. I ain gon ta harm ya."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:38 pm

Koa gladly accepts Jeremy's help! Even if the poultices itch something fierce.

"No wall pokeballs, huh?" Koa asks as Jack's search turns up empty. "Now that I think of it, it shot the pokemon out of some kinda machine thing, yeah? Maybe... it's like the PCs at the Centers, and it just let the pokemon out of a box?"

Koa takes his crowbar and tries to rip off the panel where he remembered the pokemon being released from. And maybe the release device had the sort of manual interface nearby he was looking for?
Athletics to crowbar wall panels off in the Vault: 4D6+2 = [1, 2, 1, 5]+2 = 11

Koa's still feeling worn out after that big fight. Hopefully having a crowbar to level the panels off will make this a lot easier!

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:46 pm

"...You do remember there was roof access from inside, do you not?"

Phoenix facepalms. What would I do without you Midas. Well... without you, I'd be at a different city, with actual friends, instead of sneaking into a party I barely want to go to. But yeah. Is there any reason to go to this party? That's you've noticed with your psychic powers?

Phoenix goes back inside and starts climbing to the roof.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:22 pm

► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:06 pm

Drake will instruct Jack to help Koa look in the machine. Starting by looking for anything pointing out of the opening in some fashion.

Drake will the go find Jeremy and ask if he can borrow the wrench in order to take off the shock collars of the pokemon
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:38 pm

Haley, Bjorn, (Alex)

Haley carefully moves up, entrancing the ornery skiddo from a reasonable distance... As it calms down under the effect of the styler, allowing her to get closer- Feeding a couple of the skiddo even!

Although they seem a bit harder to convince into giving the trainers a ride... Or even just having them move from their grazing spot, for that matter- Bjorn's attempt to challenge them into it at the very least doesn't seem to impress them much...

Koa, Drake

Koa starts work on prying off the wall panel- It takes some brute force, but once he finally manages to dig in the crowbar between one of the cracks, it takes but a few good bends to deform it to the point he can pop it out, getting a look at the other side- Jack's there to help, although not completely necessary as he gets a decent look inside now... He can see the "release" machine from earlier, as he starts puzzling over how he'd be able to use it or find where any other pokemon might be kept in the mess of wires connected to it...

Well, until he spots one machine in particular connected directly to it through a thick cable. The cube structure looked very much like...Well, a box. A "protective lid" over an otherwise mechanical structure, kept in place with a series of clamps on the side. The lid, quite plainly states "stasis", as well as a few warning messages... Such as that the lid should never be removed while "data is loaded in machine"... Together with a few buttons and some indicators on the machine itself- Although to be completely honest, he'd have no idea how to start using any of it to get the pokemon themselves out...

Drake meanwhile, goes to Jeremy to ask for his wrench for a moment to get rid off all the shock collars- He hands it back for a moment, though asks to get it back asap- it's an incredibly useful tool to have considering how deep he needs to go in the ship internals to retrieve the equipment he needs... Pointing out a bronze colored, pyramid-shaped machine, cable connected to each of it's "flattened" sides.

Turns out it's not even really necessary, too, though- The shock collars coming off with little issue, the most the omni wrench did making it a little faster...

Phoenix

"What would I do without you Midas. Well... without you, I'd be at a different city, with actual friends, instead of sneaking into a party I barely want to go to. But yeah. Is there any reason to go to this party? That's you've noticed with your psychic powers?"

"You sound annoyed for being given opportunities you would otherwise never have. The proposal of new opportunities does not mean old ones disappear- But in the end, often one must make sacrifices to attain what they want."

"And is this not what you want?"

"As for entering the party... It depends on what your intentions are. There are a few... Curious things in there, yes. But mostly, if your intention is to deal with beating this 'gym leader' as soon as possible... I suppose the best thing you could do is to speak to him now."

On that note, Phoenix ascends to the roofs... Arriving at what looks mostly like... A park he'd describe it as- Wide path with foliage to either side, benches on the sides as well as some clearings with more benches, joined most often with food and drink stalls- Although all closed by this point. There's just one or two odd people up here, one guy seeming to be smoking, while another has dragged up a telescope and is gazing stars... Sets of trees occasionally hide other things- Such as sky lights, or mechanical equipment along the lines of solar panels or air conditioning, satellite dishes...

From here, he'd need to get off the road and to the railed edge to descend there, if he wants to try and enter through the balcony... It doesn't look too high, although if he'd fall it would still be pretty nasty- And unless he thinks he can exit by the front door once he's done, climbing down all the way back to the ground floor is gonna be hard... Maybe he could tie a rope and hope no one notices..?

Roll athletics in either case.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:18 pm

Well, here's another technical problem. Maybe he should take some time to learn about this kinda stuff, if he's gonna be dealing with the Godslayers? For now he consults his pokedex again.

"Uh... think you could help me out here? I think I found the controls for this thing."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Alex approaches the goats, "Listen, we're traveling to the next city over, but we're not very good walkers and the pokemon with us mostly aren't suited for carrying people. Skiddo and Gogoat are renowned for their ability to carry people, though, so could you consider helping us out?"

Charm: 21
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:29 pm

Haley ties a small bag and fills it with feed. "Maybe we can give them some food they can have on the run?"

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:06 am

Bjorn makes his way back to Luna's side. "Yeah, that really didn't work. Your turn!"
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:32 am

After dropping her Pokemon in the healing machine, Izzy heads up to the deck to check on the Fearow.
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:13 pm

"You sound annoyed for being given opportunities you would otherwise never have. The proposal of new opportunities does not mean old ones disappear- But in the end, often one must make sacrifices to attain what they want."

"And is this not what you want?"

"As for entering the party... It depends on what your intentions are. There are a few... Curious things in there, yes. But mostly, if your intention is to deal with beating this 'gym leader' as soon as possible... I suppose the best thing you could do is to speak to him now."

New opportunities are all well and good. I guess it's more, I've learned that once you find good friends, try to stick with them. Else you'll be out in the cold, so to speak.

I guess the gym is probably the main reason I'm here, but I wouldn't say no to a few other curiosities if they're worth it.

Phoenix decides that he would figure out how to get out when the time came. For now, he would just focus on getting in. Same deal as before, of course. He releases Dracula and has him as backup.

Phoenix Athletics=3
► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:08 pm

Drake will try to assist Koa with the technical stuff before returning the wrench to Jeremy

Drake tech edu: 2d6 = [6, 5]+2 = 13
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:20 pm

Koa, Drake

Koa, stumped, requests help from the only source he knows- Pulling up his pokedex- Requesting help from the Spark, who takes it in... Minor stride.

Code: Select all

Hello, and welcome to the box-tech national help line!

For assistance in setting  up your own box: press 1.

For more information about the working of boxes: press 2.

For learning how you are supposed to release pokemon from a box through an attached release device: press 3.

You pressed 3! Please hold the line while an operator gets on call...
The Spark then deems fit to have Koa's phone play music for a while, eventually text popping up on the screen once more.

Code: Select all

Haha, don't worry. :)

I'll guide you through it. ;)
With the Spark's help, and a few pointers from Drake, Koa manages to trace some cables and press some buttons as the release device pops to life- Three pokemon shooting out again, at first looking hostile, but soon starting to become confused at receiving no commands, and what looks to be a finished battle... The three pokemon released being a shiftry, absol and vibrava.

Bjorn, Alex, Haley

"Listen, we're traveling to the next city over, but we're not very good walkers and the pokemon with us mostly aren't suited for carrying people. Skiddo and Gogoat are renowned for their ability to carry people, though, so could you consider helping us out?"

"Yes-" Luna chimes in, adding even more charm on top of Alex on Bjorn's request. "It would be but a little stroll to pokemon as strong as yourself, and you would be doing us such a big favor! Besides, don't you all love a big hike like that..?"

With both of them combined, it appears some of the skiddo's interest has awoken, turning to the momma goat that stays mostly lethargicly grazing. Eventually it seems to agree... Somewhat. It appears to have some terms which of course, it can't put into literal words, but tries to explain as best as it can regardless- With some bleats causing the skiddo to swarm around her in one big group... Looking at the trainers expectantly. It also bleats at the offer of food- But looks between it's many young as Haley does...

Izzy

Izzy, while her pokemon are being healed, decides to go back out and help the fearow... She's not sure if the fearow will be able to fit outside through the hole they came through- If it did, it would be a very narrow escape route... It'd probably be best to find an alternative route for the big bird- Some of the pokemon would never be able to fit through the opening anyways, such as that bronzong!

Back on deck, she spends a bit of time looking around for the fearow in question... The bird apparently having flown to a pulley hook near the ceiling- Watching everything from it's unreachable vantage point...

Phoenix

New opportunities are all well and good. I guess it's more, I've learned that once you find good friends, try to stick with them. Else you'll be out in the cold, so to speak.

"That is weakness speaking. You say this because right now these are the ones that help you advance. Have you already forgotten all the trouble you have to go through to find them calling you worthy of their 'friend'..?"

"One day, they may very well become cinder blocks to you, slowing you down. Do not worry. Once you are powerful, friends will come to you instead. You will get the privilege of picking who you want, even."

I guess the gym is probably the main reason I'm here, but I wouldn't say no to a few other curiosities if they're worth it.

"Hmm. I suppose there is one... Rather influential person in there right now. But I don't think you'd be interested in what she could... Offer."

"Besides that... I suppose there is a legendary aura in there."

On that note, Phoenix carefully tries descending onto the balcony... Eventually finding that his plan consists out of "hang from the edge and drop down, hoping you don't miss", as he can't get a proper foothold on any of the loose bricks to try a more controlled descent... Luckily, thanks to some sheer luck, he manages to land on his feet with no issues- Now gazing into the upper level of the club.

"...Are you unaware of doing that?"

Good news: the glass sliding door is unlocked, and there doesn't seem to be many people up on this floor, the floor itself being rather small, and overseeing the rest of the dance floor down below- There was just one guy behind a remarkably empty bar, hosting a variety of expensive looking drinks, the other side of the room seeming to contain a few tables with seats, with what on first sight must be some of the only ones in the entire main building. The only ones up here seeming to be an older woman, in contrast with most of the young folk below at least- You would guess her to be... Around 30 years old? It was hard to say with her currently turned away from you, same of the guy standing beside her that looked somewhat younger, early 20's you'd say...

And with that also comes the bad news, as you slowly realize what you're looking at- This could only be the "VIP" section...

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:13 pm

So, you all stick together, and... There are a lot to feed. Well..." Alex appearamatizes one of his bags of pokefood, because even the gods don't know where the hell those things go. "This is meant to feed six for a week. There should be enough for all of you."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:32 pm

Haley puts the feed bag on the muzzle of a Skiddo to let it eat while running.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:14 pm

Hm. Maybe Koa should've rested a bit before letting out potentially dangerous animals?

"Right! Um... good news everyone! Today you're being set free! We're working on getting everyone's collars off, so if you could just let us do that for you...?"

Assuming the pokemon allow themselves to be de-collared, Koa will attempt to lead the pokemon out of the base! At least the ones that can climb/fly off the frigate - the Absol and maybe the Shiftry might have some trouble getting off the boat. Maybe Izzy and Kay could help with that?

"I remember seeing another way out somewhere on the cameras. It should be big enough to let you guys out. Which way would that be...?"

Koa attempts walks off, attempting to find the vehicle entrance!

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:08 pm

Seeing the Fearow perched up near the ceiling, Izzy gives it a friendly wave. Releasing Kay, she rides her dragon-bat mount up to bird, so she can talk to it without resorting to shouting.

"Hey! Must feel good to stretch your wings after all this time, huh? Listen, thanks for helping us out with that computer thing back there - having you on our side really made a difference. We'll get you outside properly as soon as we can. Promise!"

Charm: 21

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:34 pm

Bjorn mounts up on Tank, moving all the packs behind him and ready to ride with the others.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:30 pm

Alex, Haley, Bjorn

The gogoat seems impressed you got it that quickly- Alex and Haley both pulling a sizable amount of pokefood out of hammerspace, although Haley's idea to put the bag around one of the Skiddo seems harder to accomplish than first thought, not to mention unfair to any others... As they decide to just give them some of the feed now, and they could feed them more as they took their break later, and hopefully when they arrive... The skiddo looking curiously to see who wants to ride who, while the mother doesn't seem to particularly care taking a passenger herself...

A set of perception rolls. Also, were you guys intent on checking out that "side location" still..?

Koa

"Right! Um... good news everyone! Today you're being set free! We're working on getting everyone's collars off, so if you could just let us do that for you...?"

The pokemon seem skeptical about this... Looking about as if making sure it was not some kind of test- A test of loyalty, preparing them to get shocked the moment they agree to let them be taken off... Apprehensively though, the shiftry allows Drake to quickly remove it- And seeing nothing bad come from it, the other two, after a while, allow their collars to be removed as well... Drake recoiling as the vibrava moves to tackle him right after!

Luckily, turns out it's a gratitude tackle- Vibrava fluttering happily about from being free, before moving on to Koa to share the sentiment to him as well- The two other pokemon also seem grateful, but stay a lot more stoic about it.

It might be a tight fit to get them upstairs- But you think they should all manage...

Izzy

Izzy uses Kay to fly up and contact the bird, instead of taking yet another opportunity to unlock and show off her yet latent power to fly- Addressing the fearow that they'll get it out of there as soon as possible. It nods in acceptance, otherwise seeming to accept this, but otherwise preferring to stick to it's vantage point... As Izzy- And presumably Koa and Drake as they're making their way out of the ship, hear a yell from down below.

"Hey! What the fuck happened in there?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:35 pm

Haley will take momma goat!
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:08 pm

Alex doesn't particularly mind which skiddo carries him, just picking out one that looks capable. "Thank you for the help."

Per: 5

Even though Burns has ignored the question, I think we should go there. Haley has to search for signs of... I forget what it's called. Robobugatron9000.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:06 pm

"Hey! What the fuck happened in there?"

Koa peers out over the edge of the frigate, down at Numa.
"Oh, ya'know, we just cracked open a vault and got into a fight with a bunch of guard pokemon. No biggie. How about you, you do anything interesting?"
Charm on Numa after Vault fight: 2d6+2 = [6, 6] = 14
(oooohhh man, I gotta AP boost that up to 16!)

"Actually we were just about to let some of 'em out, the rest once they wake up. You know where the big exit is? I saw it through the cameras."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:44 pm

What sidepath? We aren't close to it yet. Also if we are then the universe is going to explode due to time paradox because the others are behind us time wise, they are late day 2 while we are early day 3, remember they left a whole day before us.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:03 am

Time goaattttsssss! Their complete lack of interest in anything beyond food has granted them the power to completely ignore the flow of time!
My game:

My characters: