Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:16 am

Does it help that what Alex said is true? I was rather careful to sculpt the statement to avoid lying; He's there to make sure people (photographer girl and those around her) are safe (from the godslayers), and it's his duty to do that because they're civilians (Not the only reason, but still partial).
The land of "technically correct" applies only to the Missingno. Might be a bit of actual truth behind it all, but Alex is in there knowing there is litle actual threat and is trying to twist perception- Hence, a guile check.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:47 am

Less difficult than pulling off an outright lie, though, right?

Also, I'm mildly perturbed by anything bringing me closer to that trickster god. But also it probably means we can be friends, so that's good.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:52 am

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:55 am

Welp, guess my personal charm roll didn't go too well. >.>
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:02 am

M0rtimer wrote:
Does it help that what Alex said is true? I was rather careful to sculpt the statement to avoid lying; He's there to make sure people (photographer girl and those around her) are safe (from the godslayers), and it's his duty to do that because they're civilians (Not the only reason, but still partial).
The land of "technically correct" applies only to the Missingno. Might be a bit of actual truth behind it all, but Alex is in there knowing there is litle actual threat and is trying to twist perception- Hence, a guile check.
That and hiding the truth would also have a guile check.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:50 pm

M0rtimer wrote:Give me survival and perception rolls please.
I rolled already, did you want another one from Koa?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:51 pm

Nah, you can keep that roll if you want to.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:36 am

So hey, what are the odds I can abuse my gm status to get one of you other sun moon players to do some trades with me? :P Been spending this weekend way too hard on the "gotta catch em all" vibe, and soon I'll actually be finishing up my pokedex... Closest I've ever gotten to that lofty goal was on pokemon sapphire, until my bro asked if he could "restart pokemon blue"... (We had a good discussion about the difference between a gem and a color)

But one of my biggest issues is that while I do have pokemon together with their evo-items, I need to actually trade them to have them evolve. Obviously this is a bit harder to do over GTS, cause there's no way to guarantee the other user would send over their own magmar + magmarizer... Technically I do have a friend I could trade with, but he's salty over the fact I've caught two shiny's so far... :roll:

Anyone willing to help with that/ need some trades of their own done? I suppose there's no particular rush as I still have to farm magnemite for a metal coat to get a scizor, but still.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:06 am

Ah yes! Cause i need to do the same. There are so many pokemon that needs trading with items i's not funny. I need to catch them all!

Also lucky! I presume you used sos method and i got no time for that! Well i do but i have not much patince. Oh, and since you are german, I want to get another ditto to trade with you so i can do the matsud method when i want.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:23 am

Gotta catch em all

And yeah, I should already have a spare ditto you can have if you want it. Not hard to catch in this version. Will take a bit longer if you want me to chain one so it has decent IV's, cuz I haven't gotten around to that yet.

And my shiny riolu was due to chaining, yeah. I was actually just trying to train/ hoping to get a lucario... The shiny machop I caught meanwhile was a 100% dumb luck. Caught it at ten carat hill at the start of the game, first mon to appear.

Anyways, I got you on steam, so I'll try to reach out to you with my friend code when I'm off work to see if we can arrange something. :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:50 am

You can pm me, right now not on steam and it's early (7:48 am....should be asleep....right now i am trying to get a couple king rocks then i will hit up an extra ditto.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:55 am

I think you can get only a single king's rock in sun/moon..? A bit annoying, even though you can technically catch a politoed without needing one... We can probably arrange that, though.

edit: Oh, it's also available at battle tree. Missed that one...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:15 am

Did seribio lie to me then? It says it can be on wild poliwraths/poliwhirls.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:22 am

Apparently it can, too. Seems like a lot of effort though... :P

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:23 am

Either way is lot of effort. Maybe i will just go fight hariyamas

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:48 pm

After having 4 of Eliza's pokemon KO'd and all of mine still standing, I'm now not sure I can win this :S Man that Sylveon takes some punishment!
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:44 pm

Are you using special attacks? If so, try physical. Mercury's a tank, and though he did use SE moves, he took out about a quarter of its health per hit. If it had super physical defence the SE moves still wouldn't have done much.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:17 pm

That is why i used posion and stalled her sylveon to death

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:37 am

Yeah, that sylveon can be damn tough. But you should have the manpower to wear it out- Just keep wailing on it, and it'll have to go down eventually.

Well... Unless it manages to drain kiss itself back full constantly. :shifty:

Also in another episode of "Apparently I am blessed by Arceus himself"...

Just a random shiny rowlet hatching. And here's the best thing about it:

So this friend of mine that is "jelly" about the fact I had caught a shiny already, suddenly didn't wanna trade anymore. Thought it was funnier to troll me than help me out... And I know him, he'd probably get around to it eventually, but only when it'd benefit him too. (AKA, completing his pokedex too, not only mine. He's a bit of a dick)

So, fine, I'd arrange things without him, even though he was the only one in my immediate vicinity that could help with it... (Another is yet to buy the game because of exams, another says pokemon sucks...)

But this left some of the pokemon I was originally gonna gift to him. Including a rowlet egg I had decided to trade just like that, which, as we weren't gonna be trading for a while, I consecutively hatched into this beauty.

I named her "bittersweet"

Also we might no longer be friends... :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:37 am

Aw cute! I have not had the pleasure of finding a shiny yet, but I have started trying to chain dittos.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:49 am

M0rtimer wrote:Well... Unless it manages to drain kiss itself back full constantly. :shifty:
Situations like that are why it's good to have a couple of Disabling moves. If you ignore that Disabled is a shitty effect which can be cancelled easily.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:12 pm

And I did it. I captured every last pokemon there is in the alolan pokedex.

Now I just need to harness the power of my shiny charm and determination to make the very best team I can.

Definitely gonna put in a decidueeye and a lucario, but after that it gets a bit hazy. considering toxapex and alakazam. I'd probably want to add a rock pokemon to that setup as well as one misc, but I'm not quite sure which would be the right pick...

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:32 pm

No, you're not allowed to make one final team until it can be all shinies.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:44 am

Who says I won't? Already have two slots filled in... :roll:

(How am I even gonna get a shiny maernie thou, can you even try to chain sos-only pokemon? Am I gonna have to spend hours on the masuda method if I want one? bleh...)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:08 am

I'm going to admit at this point that I don't have the least idea of what chaining means. And very little idea of what sos-only means.
My game:

My characters: