Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:50 pm

► Show Spoiler
and more after i get my mons healed.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:06 pm

So, how does you teaching moves work? Is it like tutoring? (And limited to the moves that a pokemon can be tutored?)
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:36 pm

So long as a move is on the target pokemon's Move, Tutor, or TM list, and Haley has taken a picture of the move in question, it can be taught. It costs 2TP, and can only be used once on a pokemon not owned by Haley, so choose wisely.
It keeps to typical tutoring rules, too, being that a pokemon can only have three TM or Tutor moves at a time.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:04 am

As a heads up, I think we're reaching the point we can round up this day. There's no rush of course, and you guys can finish whatever you still want/need to do... But once Izzy is done with her battle (which might be a bit seeing how Dusk is presumably still on vacation) we've reached the point we can start rounding up the day.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:48 pm

Dlover wrote:So long as a move is on the target pokemon's Move, Tutor, or TM list, and Haley has taken a picture of the move in question, it can be taught. It costs 2TP, and can only be used once on a pokemon not owned by Haley, so choose wisely.
It keeps to typical tutoring rules, too, being that a pokemon can only have three TM or Tutor moves at a time.
Okay. I'll check to see if any of my pokemon can learn the moves you know burns, and if I need them.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:51 pm

And if you want moves your pokemon have i can take a pic of it and train it that way.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:05 pm

I'd suggest you check TM moves first. Once I get one more capture I'll be able to teach moves from the Tutor List, so picking a TM, if there's one you want, will be the most efficient use of Chronicler's one use on your pokemon.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:49 am

M0rtimer wrote:As a heads up, I think we're reaching the point we can round up this day. There's no rush of course, and you guys can finish whatever you still want/need to do... But once Izzy is done with her battle (which might be a bit seeing how Dusk is presumably still on vacation) we've reached the point we can start rounding up the day.
Yeah, sorry. Things have been pretty hectic last couple of days. Long story short, I was visiting a friend in Munich and got stuck there a couple of days longer than planned (partly because of what happened on Friday), and then I ended up flying straight to Italy to meet up with my family. So i won't have my laptop back until Thursday now.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:31 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:
► Show Spoiler
and more after i get my mons healed.
I might be interested in teaching my Kangaskhan Counter, but I'm not quite sure. I'll let you know when the day changes in-game.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:39 pm

I just came to the realization that with Alexander the NPC, that makes two players who share a name with a trainer NPC, but there's actually no confusion because one of both sets uses an alias... :roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:30 pm

Wait, who's the other?

Also; Now that I'm back to school I'll actually do Pokemon Go stuff. Woo. And holy dhit is the school crowded, there are four or five pokestops and a gym on the one campus.
Okay, recount: Roughly 21 pokestops on campus. Why are some of them all flowery? What's the deal with that?

Update: between classes, Google has informed me that the flowery pokestops are ones where somebody has activated a Lure. Of course, this was after I used one of my own, so woop, great waste there.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:19 am

Wait, who's the other?
The other one's been around since day 1- Isabella and Izzy.
Okay, recount: Roughly 21 pokestops on campus. Why are some of them all flowery? What's the deal with that?
That's because someone activated a lure at them! Staying near it will make pokemon spawn.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:07 am

End of the day account: Starting pokemon: 1. Ending pokemon: 64. Unique species: 28.

I'm officially a member of... I think it's team Valour. The red one. I dunno, I've got no investment in any of the team stuff.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:07 am

We can no longer be friends.

:roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:16 am

Since when are GMs ever friends with their players? They're always bitter enemies. :P

Filthy team... Instink or Mystake. Team Failour for life. Someone make a good insult for Valour, I can't think of one.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:15 am

Same again, Mort. Zeke can just keep doing Wing Attacks until either he or the Klefki is KO'd. And the Granbull too, actually.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:01 pm

I think you're looking at the wrong pokedex, Mort. The playtest pokedex has Lightning Rod as Rhyhorn's high ability now, and changed it's abilities around in general.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:02 pm

I blame ptu panda. I'll redo them tomorrow by hand.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:54 pm

Well, assuming all the abilities are in the same place and you don't re-roll them, the pokemon would be:

One level 23, with a Mild nature and Rock Head/Solid Rock
One level 25, with a Lonely nature and Rock Head/Sturdy
One level 24, with a Docile nature and Solid Rock/Sturdy
One level 25, with a Patient nature and Rock Head/Sturdy

I'm favoring the Lonely one tbh.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:27 am

Yeah, that sounds alright.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:02 pm

So, if a move is Ranged X Blast Y, does the Blast have to be centred somewhere within that range, or does it just have to overlap it somewhere? The book doesn't help because it only seems to give an example using Blast 2, which only has corners anyway.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:13 pm

The attack travels up to Range X, and then it Blasts Y. So yeah, the center has to be somewhere within the Range.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:04 pm

Even though a melee blast doesn't have to have the centre adjacent to the user?

Also, Mort, if I put up a Rufflet, Feebas, and Karrablast for trade, would one of them fetch a Trapinch?
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:15 pm

Yeah

You can ask on the official forums, though, if you want. They've got a general questions thread you can ask it in.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:58 pm

question: Is there an intermediate thing between level 20 and 40 I can go on for the gym? It can have the bronze badge, I was just wondering cause the strait jump to 40 is a bit...much, due to an extra ability and many pokemon are fully evolved at that point.