Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by SamWiser » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:26 am

uote="Arch Lich Burns"][ "The I do not want you to tell the others. It is not that I don't trust them, but what Phoenix said creeped me out and I don't want him to know about the ceystals yet.

Anyways, these are what i found left of regifae. I am going to try to ressurrect him. I dont know how but, I have to try."
[/quote]

Because me taking a piece of Regifae is creepy, but you doing it is just fine.

I don't think it would need to be said, but just in case. Phoenix would have no problem with you recreating Regifae. He would probably even help if he could. OOC, I added that mostly as an afterthought and didn't think he would say yes.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:39 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Florges does not really have a tytor line because it is a new gen pokemon though.
Florges Tutor Move list, Pokedex pg. 244 wrote:Tutor Move List
After You, Covet, Disarming Voice (N), Endeavor,
Flower Shield (N), Giga Drain, Grass Knot (N), Heal
Bell, Helping Hand, Light of Ruin, Magic Coat, Seed
Bomb, Snore, Synthesis, Worry Seed

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:00 pm

Holy crap. Just looked up Light of Ruin (since I'd never heard of it before). DB14 Ranged 8 Blast 3 Smite is.....stronk. Very, very stronk... 0_o

((I mean sure, Recoil 1/2. Still hits up to nine enemies though. And if you somehow get it on a 'mon with Magic Guard/Rock Head...))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:10 pm

SamWiser wrote:
Arch Lich Burns wrote:[ "The I do not want you to tell the others. It is not that I don't trust them, but what Phoenix said creeped me out and I don't want him to know about the ceystals yet.

Anyways, these are what i found left of regifae. I am going to try to ressurrect him. I dont know how but, I have to try."
Because me taking a piece of Regifae is creepy, but you doing it is just fine.

I don't think it would need to be said, but just in case. Phoenix would have no problem with you recreating Regifae. He would probably even help if he could. OOC, I added that mostly as an afterthought and didn't think he would say yes.
It is the reason why you took it (because it would be cool)

Also how does recoil work with multitarget moves? And i derped on it. I was thinking about egg moves.

Also mort, i have questions about dragon/fairy flygon or ground/fairy flygon. Cause i think the dragon one would be cool, but so would ground...

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:14 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Also how does recoil work with multitarget moves?
You only roll the damage once, so probably as normal?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:25 pm

Yeah. Light of Ruin in the actual games is AZ's Floette signature move, and I believe only obtainable through an event. Seems here they've made it tutorable. And litwick seems like it'd be a good enough fit to potentially be tutored, thought it'd need to be at least a lampent.

Good question about the recoil, though. I dunno about just one time though- I mean recoil is based on the actual damage dealt, as in after defenses- So it doesn't make much sense to say it would only be applied once to a bunch of enemies. Then again, the alternative, applying recoil to all enemies hit, could potentially make it a suicide attack... I think that might have been the dev's intention though. It might be worthwhile to ask.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:41 pm

Oh, right. Thought it was based on the damage roll, not damage done. Yeah, I think having it react off everyone hit is a bit much....maybe just whichever causes the highest recoil?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:39 pm

M0rtimer wrote:"You want to recover this now, or leave it in and you'll come collect it later?"
What does this mean? The money's been put in our account, so why would we have to collect it? Like, what, physically?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:48 pm

It's talking about physically collecting the money yeah. There's no real reason to not immediately accept the money to be honest. :roll:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:58 pm

I still don't get why we would have to physically possess it, but alright :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:04 pm

Yeah, it's not like it's deposited directly on your "account"- It's more like, you finished your work week, and your boss got your pay check ready and is asking whether you want it transferred to the bank or you taking it home. You could probably ask to have it sent to a bank account or something instead.

It's a minor detail obviously nobody actually cares about... :shifty:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:15 pm

So. Who wants to skip tomorrow? I can do a lot of things but I am fine if everybody else wants to skip, I will just put down a task which shouldn't be too much effort (like looking for pokemon)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:38 pm

I could probably skip the day. Get the requested tutoring done, then work on Roy, Dusk, and Adrian with Expanded Horizons, and since the three requests are being treated as the last day's, if nobody else has any requests I'll train Roy for Overland, Power, and Combat, Dusk for Levitate, Stealth and Perception, and Adrian for Overland, Swim, and Focus. That'd be four and a half hours, but there's also going to be time for resting and spending AP to heal more injuries, so at the end of the day of rest Alex will be down to 1 injury and Roy will have none.
(I'll have to check whether I can actually improve Levitate.) Yeah, okay, I can improve Levitate.

Wait. Didn't somebody suggest Hilda could replace Eliza? And now Jeremy just said Hilda normally cooks? Is Hilda just a really common name?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:04 pm

Okay, so Alex would still get today's uses of his tutoring skills, even though it wouldn't actually be until tomorrow, flavor-wise?

As for skipping tomorrow... I dunno. I mean, I understand why, but there was still some stuff I was planning to do (like having that chat with Gwynn Dove).

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:22 pm

Yeah, pretty much.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:44 am

Wait. Didn't somebody suggest Hilda could replace Eliza? And now Jeremy just said Hilda normally cooks? Is Hilda just a really common name?
OBVIOUSLY they have a gym leader from another city do their cooking. That or it was a coincidence.

Anyways, feel free to let me know what you guys would like to do for tomorrow.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:01 am

I don't see any record of her in the first post, and don't recall her being mentioned as a gym leader. Why would a gym leader replace a gym leader, anyway? Who replaces that gym leader? I thought it would be possible that she'd be a highly skilled League Trainer in a position suitable to take the place of a gym leader. And Jeremy's father being a highly skilled and respected breeder/mentor (I don't remember which, if not both), it wouldn't be all that surprising if he shared a household with a highly skilled trainer. And hey, maybe she would prefer her own cooking over the alternatives. Maybe she's a Chef and enjoys cooking.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:23 am

I'm not really that fussed about skipping the day. If everyone else wants to do it, then sure.

Although, I'm not actually sure what it is I want to even do tomorrow. I guess train my guys a little (maybe do a trainer battle with just the weaker ones; Maku, Snaps, and Nate), then look for a job or something?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:24 am

I don't have a particular preference for skipping/not skipping. Koa's team is still pretty fresh and he could afford to go do things, but I understand a lot of peoples' teams are really beat up.

Things Koa could do tomorrow that probably can't be automated:
- Catch a sixth pokemon to fill out Koa's team
- Go check out the ruins again to search for clues
- Maybe do a League job? Hard to do without people to help.

Things that could be automated or time-skipped
- Train his pokemon
- Meet up with Alice to hang out / explore to help her catch some pokemon
- Work at the market for money. His performance in the tournament is likely to boost sales
- Look up any news about Hamachi and how to get there. Now that he knows Gods are a thing, that's the one place he's fairly certain there would be one.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:54 am

I've already mentioned my plan for the next day (A whole lot of mentoring), though I forgot about EXP training. That's something to be done as well.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:25 am

Plans that can be automated
-trying to find mons (togipi, mawie, azuill, trapinch)
-training (but not battles)
-see how zack is doing
-grooming mons

Things i cant timeskip
-talking to elisa
-gym challenge
-contests

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:42 am

Uhh....

Timeskippable stuff
- Finding a job? (I'm thinking asking around in bars that do live music is probably my best bet. Especially since Izzy could then also double as a cleaner/barmaid/waitress or whatever.)
- Training 'mons.

Non-timeskippable stuff
- Pokemon battles.
- ???

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:50 am

Btw, it's great that I was able to win against Eliza during the tournament, but now I'm in the odd position where I'm the only one with a badge and everyone else is going to want to hang out in the city until they get theirs :lol:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:07 am

I think I would like to investigate the bone lord today (and use my new dowsing rod)
Maybe catch another pokemon or two to help in a fight against Eliza

Going to post when I'm at a computer
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:53 am

SuperVaderMan wrote:Btw, it's great that I was able to win against Eliza during the tournament, but now I'm in the odd position where I'm the only one with a badge and everyone else is going to want to hang out in the city until they get theirs :lol:
And unlike you most of us do not have a way to cheese the fight so we will probably have to stay at this city for a while.