Surviving Castle Heterodyne

Home to all current Forum Games.
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: Surviving Castle Heterodyne

Post by WearsHats » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:45 pm

"I think we've learned about as much as we can from this crystal, unless you have any other ideas. Shall we move on to repairing the wiring on it? Shall we lift the workshop threshold, clean up, install it, and see what happens?"
► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:49 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:01 pm

► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:22 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:33 pm

***Retroactive piece of fluff I meant to address previously:***

Initially I'd wanted the workshop a bit dim and ominous as you guys were first exploring it, lighting only coming from a bit of moss by each bench. We haven't been playing as such, nor was it my intention for it to remain that way, but in reading over some old posts as I was writing up the anniversary notice, I saw I never addressed it.

Lets just assume that Castlina's energy reserves were low initially when you guys entered, and she's harvested enough captured lightning (which she has gained reserves since we started, just not enough to spare any to zap Hiero, thus his quest to create his own) to be able to light the workshop and kitchen adequately. Some sort of ceiling based illumination that provides enough light for you to have been able to do all the things you've accomplished in the workshop over the past year. Doesn't change anything, really, as most of you (and me too) likely assumed it was already in place. Anyway, carry on.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:34 pm

Ziou throws the book back, kicking to the bookshelf as he grabs Antonomy between humanoids and farm animals, starting to read antonomy.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:36 pm

Makes sense to me.

I've edited my dialog above.

► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:28 am

► Show Spoiler
:zzz:

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:38 am

► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:31 am

Sam steps lightly to the sharp turn and peers around the corner, carefully looking around for any traps that might exist before turning the corner and continuing to explore. He holds a closed fist (hoping that his followers know to stop) as he looks around for traps before continuing.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:26 am

As Sam approaches the bend, he signals the others to halt. In the center of the floor, bending around the curve is a large Heterodyne sigil worked into the floor. The trilobite itself is about flush with the rest of the floor, and is a paler color than the grey stone surrounding it.

[thumbnail]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-zZvj ... 93-h879-no[/thumbnail]
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:39 am

Sam holds his torch close to the sigil, wondering if perhaps the beautiful inlay was a trap. Unwilling to test his theory of whether or it was a trap meant to maim or kill him, Sam hugs the wall closely, being very careful not to touch the inlay with his feet, once past he continues cautiously exploring.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:24 am

Sam keeps his eye on the sigil, alert for any funny business, and hugs the wall as he inches past. As his foot descends on a particular stone, he hears a faint *clik*... Sam springs back to the relatively safe part of the hallway where August and Charlie are waiting. He lands with a tumbling roll at Charlie's feet and turns to look back where he'd jumped from in time to see a thin foot long spike retreat back into the wall as the stone pops back up. Good thing it miss... well crap... Sam looks down at his thigh and sees a slight gash through his trousers and a small scratch where he was nicked by the spike. The wound is too small to have done much damage, but a dark green substance is smeared across his flesh. This can't be good. The orange mimmoth with a birthday cake for a head agrees.

"Mr. Sam, are you, you harmed?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:59 am

Sam bolts to his feet pointing at the Sigil on the floor saying "Titty rats are pretty tasty!". Pulling out his small hammer and chisel, he walks over and looks more closely at the wall where the spike had come from. "Specializing in pansies, I killed etiquette." Sam begins mumbling to himself and then shakes his hand at the ceiling yelling. "Forward Squabbling Monkeys, seize the fortress". The large red balloon which hovered beside him bobbed slowly up and down as if it was nodding in agreement.

Letting out a long sigh, Sam squatted next to the wall and began to hammer and chisel at the stone blocks in an attempt to get at the sharp pointy object behind it.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:07 am

Charlie taps the side of his head, "I think my, my communication center is malfunctioning, malfunctioning again. I understood nothing, nothing he just said, said."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:49 am

August sighed. Sam certainly hadn't taken long to get hurt.

"Your processor should be fine. I believe this sudden bout of aphasia was caused by poison from the trap he just sprung.

Mr Griffin, we do not know how severe this poison is. I would suggest we return to the workshop to treat your wound. It would be best if you move as little as possible to keep the poison from spreading."

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:34 pm

Sam looked at August and threw his hands up in the air "Hamsteak Pickle DeathBirds" and went back to hammering and chiseling. The Orange Orangutan Sitting next to him began to flip through the book it was holding, finally stopping at a particular page and holding it out to Sam, saying simply "Ook".

Sam stared for a few moments at the proffered page before exclaiming. "Freaky owl fetishes meet at mashed potato summit!"

Sam then goes back to work on the block. The Orangutan was nice enough to hold the chisel for him. Sam simply nodded his thanks.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:52 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:20 pm

August sighs and facepalms, but leaves Sam alone for now.
He will monitor him, and determine if his condition is worsening.

"Stubborn fool."
"Reminds me of someone I know."

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:35 pm

Enoch keeps working away at his diagram, pausing every now and then to look at his progress and make a few adjustments. When he finishes he holds it aloft to look at it as a whole, with a satisfied smile.
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:00 am

So many miniupdates, are we still in the same turn? I kind of lost track of current events, sorry.
:zzz:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:27 am

Nerre wrote:So many miniupdates, are we still in the same turn? I kind of lost track of current events, sorry.
Last update was Thursday, so we are due... Hiero doesn't have any actions though, and Kew hasn't responded to Gabe's suggestion...

@Wears: Do you want Gabe to proceed without her? His polite 'Shall we do this?" type things don't give me the best indication on how to proceed if no one says "Yes we shall." If silence means "No.", then Gabe wouldn't be taking any actions, but if his question is more of a "I intend to do this, would you care to join me?", then I'll have him more forward without Kew.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:15 pm

I'll try to be clearer in the future. In this case, it was "I intend to do this. Are there any objections? Anything I'm forgetting?"

Generally, I'm looking for actual input and responses, and waiting to see what people say before I make a firm decision. But I'll try to remember to include a conditional next time.

So, yeah, if Quarg doesn't check in, Gabe will go ahead with the installation.

► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:52 pm

Kew ponders for a moment, "I want to make sure that this quartz isn't special in someway, I have a vauge recollection of someone talking about doping crystals over a beer in Kings Arms...which is why I think those continental dolts missed it..." She looks around I'd like to see about putting some light through this..."

(OOC: My reading of the last rolls was that there was more information available from study...but I may just be miss reading the rolls...)
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:12 pm

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler