Shipwrecked!

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Shipwrecked!

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:23 am

Darfel spins the axe haft in his hand and crouches at the ready, grinning like a damn fool. He bangs the flat of the axe against his shield and attacks with a roar, probing his opponent's defenses.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:53 am

The translator agrees to follow, but he certainly doesn't seem like he looks forward to it.

As you enter the blacksmith, you see a large orc with his back turned to you while tending to his forge. The moment Ala start talking you see his whole body getting tense
"Good day! I hear you are the blacksmith of this camp? I am in need of a good axe and wish to purchase one from you if you are willing to trade?"
He turns around to face you and you get the feeling he is more likely to throw the axe after you than giving or selling one to you. He seems like an old orc too.
"What makes you think a measly WOMAN and a human such as you could get the honor of using my craftmanship!? I'd rather sacrifice my self to the fire god than letting your unworthy hands sully my craftmanship!"

The translator attempts to emphasise woman as the blacksmith yelled, but it just seems kinda weird as he tries to do it as calmly as possible too, when the smith in front of you is clearly everything but calm about the whole ordeal. The blacksmith continues yelling, but this time it seems towards the translator you have with you. He does respond to the orc but he doesn't translate the last bit between those two.

Darfel spins the axe haft in his hand and crouches at the ready, grinning like a damn fool. He bangs the flat of the axe against his shield and attacks with a roar, probing his opponent's defenses. As Darfel swing the axe against the orc, it gets blocked by the his shield. The orc swing his sword, which forces Darfel to quickly jump backwards to avoid the blow. Feeling his blood pumping with excitement, Darfel swings his axe high and aims for the shoulder, but once again is stopped, when the orc swing his shield around and hits the handle of the axe and stops the blow. He's just about to swing the sword against Darfel, now standing in a vulnerable position but is prevented from doing so by Darfel when he pushes the orc backwards as he more or less run into him with the shield.
You disengage for a short moment to catch a quick breath before going at it again. You suspect his shield might be just as valuable a defense as his armor is.
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:16 am

"Hah! I am a servant of Heironeus, blessed to mete out justice in his name and I intend to kill the false fire god! The question you should be asking is what makes you think your wares are worthy of ME?"
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:38 am

Another round of normal attack for now.

[Ala grins slyly and pulls a mushroom of the explody kind from her pack. 'We got off to a bad start, here, have this delicious mushroom.' Ala takes a 5' step back.]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:21 am

Ah, the chaotic neutral response! Curse being a paladin!

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Cranberry yells out " PUT HIM IN A BODY BAG.!!!"

Cranberry cheers Derful on from the sidelines.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:48 am

"Hah! I am a servant of Heironeus, blessed to mete out justice in his name and I intend to kill the false fire god! The question you should be asking is what makes you think your wares are worthy of ME?"

You see the translator swallows once and takes a deep breath before going on with the translation. As he finish translating, you see the smith going from a greenish color to a dark red.

He starts yelling and he raises his hand about to hit you, but the translator walks in front of him preventing him from hitting you. The smith keeps yelling and gesturing towards you, and the translator attempts to talk with him. You notice the translator mentions the Maekrix and Vargach at some point doing the argument. Once the stop talking, the translator turns towards Ala, not looking too happy about the situation.

"I think it might be best if we leave now..
► Show Spoiler

Darfel swings his axe against the orc who once again blocks it off with his shield. You trade blows against each other. Out of the corner of his eyes, Darfel notice Cranberry cheering. That small moment of distraction was enough for the orc to get through Darfels defense. He swings his sword directly against Darfels neck who is just fast enough to raise is shield to take the sword blow. As the sword hits, Darfel stumbles slightly from the power of the blow, and he can feel a bit of pain in his arm from withstanding it (6 damage). The orc smirks at Darfel and speaks in orcish. "Seems your god isn't helping you out now." Some of the crowd starts laughing at his remark.
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:55 am

(Sorry, I kept intending to post, then immediately forgot)

As the others go about their business, Jaspers decides to check out this trader-

"Greetings! I've heard you're the trader around these parts, yes? I'm looking for items of magic- I'm speaking about stuff such as scrolls and spell ingredients... Mostly identify ingredients, that has been... A bit of a problem. What can you offer me?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:58 am

Darfel grits his teeth, silently calling out to Tempus to strengthen his arm, before renewing his attack with a roar.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:57 am

Cranberry roars above the crowd. " You best watch yourself Orc, Derful's about to bring the thunder!"

Cranberry going to try and use a intimidate check on the orc to weaken his resolve.
► Show Spoiler
+2 to int.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:44 am

Ala steps forward towards the blacksmith and glares at him. Turning to the translator, she asks what the blacksmith 's problem is

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:44 am

Ala steps forward towards the blacksmith and glares at him. Turning to the translator, she asks what the blacksmith 's problem is

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:48 am

Jacon wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Sure... why not? Not like anything else D's doing is working...

Darfel grits his teeth, silently calling out to Tempus to strengthen his arm. His grimace turns into a maniacal grin as he superficially bites his lip, letting a bit of blood flow between his teeth before spitting it on both sides of his axe blade. He uses the blade of the axe to smear blood on his chest, a bit more dripping from his grinning mouth, through his beard and spattering at his feet. He lets out a ferocious bellow, flecks of blood spraying from his mouth.

Demoralize Opponent attempt... +1
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:14 am

As the others go about their business, Jaspers decides to check out this trader-

"Greetings! I've heard you're the trader around these parts, yes? I'm looking for items of magic- I'm speaking about stuff such as scrolls and spell ingredients... Mostly identify ingredients, that has been... A bit of a problem. What can you offer me?"

Surprisingly, the orc responds in perfect common unlike the rest of the orcs you've met so far besides your 'guide' that sounds rather rusty in his common compared to the trader.
"Greetings human, you are a rare sight around these parts. You found me in a fortunate moment, as I've just returned with my wares. They are usually gone within a day or two unless you are looking for beautiful trinkets for your home. As for anything magical I should have some various equipment with extraordinary powers and only a few scrolls. I'm not sure about ingredients.. I'm not trained in the magical arts, so you would have to tell me what you want specifically."

The merchant starts rummaging through several bags, preparing for your request of items.
Ala steps towards the blacksmith who instantly takes a deep breath and straightens his back causing him to look larger. The translator looks defeated at Ala's request to hear what the blacksmith had to say.

"Well.. Besides the fact that you are human and female which can't keep up with a male orc, he really doesn't like your attitude towards his craftmanship.. I would advice you to step down though.. He is a succesful and seasoned warrior and I suspect he might be able to get the title of Vargach if he wanted it."
► Show Spoiler

Darfel grits his teeth, silently calling out to Tempus to strengthen his arm. His grimace turns into a maniacal grin as he superficially bites his lip, letting a bit of blood flow between his teeth before spitting it on both sides of his axe blade. He uses the blade of the axe to smear blood on his chest, a bit more dripping from his grinning mouth, through his beard and spattering at his feet. He lets out a ferocious bellow, flecks of blood spraying from his mouth.

The orc yells out to the crowd, with Cranberry being the only one of you able to understand him
"Ha! You started bleeding from your face and I haven't even given you a good strike with the sword yet!"
As he entertains the crowd, he strikes at you and you easily block the sword. His cocky remarks and his arrogance seems to hide his nervousness and he seems shaken about Darfels display of blood spitting.
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:30 am

"Tempuusss!", Darfel resumes his attack, his grin and eyes wild.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:40 am

"MY ATTUDE?! All I wanted to do was to buy one of his axes and he starts by spitting on the floor!"

Ala takes a couple of breaths and calms herself as best she can.

"Fine. Tell him I will leave, and that I didn't come here for a fight. He is obviously a strong warrior, and if he could be one of your vargachs then he must be an important member of your clan. I didn't intend to cause offence, but I am... not used to such treatment. If it won't make things worse, please tell him I apologise for wasting his time."

Ala will accompany the translator outside.

"I think I owe you an apology too. I didn't mean to start a fight or cause you trouble, but I have been told I have a bit of a short temper. No patience, the monks told me... Anyway, if I can make it up to you, just say the word. Out of curiosity, what would it take to change his mind about helping me?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:23 pm

"I'd like to take a look at all your scrolls, please. As for your equipment, that may depend- Do you have the pieces in question identified?" Jasper says, grabbing his spellbook- Starting to shift through the pages to look for any ingredients he might need.

"Anyways, concerning ingredients... The most important ingredient I'll need to prepare for the scrying spells are a pearl, together with some wine and owl feathers..." Jasper says, as he grabs his money pouch.

And grabs it again.

...He could have sworn he had more than that.

"...Actually, how about you look through your stock for those items, and I'm going to gather the valuables from my friends... You buy stuff as well, correct?"

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:54 am

" He's got that fear in his eyes Derful! BRING IT TO HIM!"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:38 am

"MY ATTUDE?! All I wanted to do was to buy one of his axes and he starts by spitting on the floor!"

Ala takes a couple of breaths and calms herself as best she can.

"Fine. Tell him I will leave, and that I didn't come here for a fight. He is obviously a strong warrior, and if he could be one of your vargachs then he must be an important member of your clan. I didn't intend to cause offence, but I am... not used to such treatment. If it won't make things worse, please tell him I apologise for wasting his time."

Ala accompanies the translator outside after he took a deep breath of relief after translating for her. The smith grumbles slightly and continues his work when you go out.

"I think I owe you an apology too. I didn't mean to start a fight or cause you trouble, but I have been told I have a bit of a short temper. No patience, the monks told me... Anyway, if I can make it up to you, just say the word. Out of curiosity, what would it take to change his mind about helping me?"

"No worries, his anger for me will pass soon enough. He is however stuck in the old orc ways, even more than we are. He isn't from this island so he knows a bit more of how orcs normally are than we do, as we mainly know what the Maekrix tells us. Women here aren't regarded that great, but we do see them as people. He however sees them as objects or tools to be used and owned and he says that is the true orc way. A trophy from a high ranking enemy might function well as a tribute to change his mind about you, or you might convince one of your friends to help you.. Although I doubt he'll help any human at the moment."

"I'd like to take a look at all your scrolls, please. As for your equipment, that may depend- Do you have the pieces in question identified?" Jasper says, grabbing his spellbook- Starting to shift through the pages to look for any ingredients he might need.

"Of course, It's hard to judge what my prices should be if I don't know what the items can do."

"Anyways, concerning ingredients... The most important ingredient I'll need to prepare for the scrying spells are a pearl, together with some wine and owl feathers..." Jasper says, as he grabs his money pouch.
"...Actually, how about you look through your stock for those items, and I'm going to gather the valuables from my friends... You buy stuff as well, correct?"

"I'll try to see if I have some and put them to the side for a couple of hours for you and yes I buy stuff too, else I wouldn't be much of a trader if I didn't" He says the last bit laughing.

Jasper turns around to see Ala and the translator heading out of the smith and none of them look too happy.

Darfel continues on, swinging his axe towards the orc in front of him. A couple of blows against his shield as usual before he manages to swing it below the shield and hit him hard (7 damage). The orc haven't given up yet and seems even more determined to fight off Darfel now. His anger does however takes off a lot of his precision and Darfel easily avoids or blocks the swinging sword.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:14 am

Having finally managed to connect, Darfel grins as he presses the attack.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:43 am

Darfel seeing he got the upper hand for a moment presses onward, bashing his axe against his opponent. The orc strikes Darfel with his sword (4 damage) but his defense remains open and Darfel delivers a final blow that sends the orc to the ground. He's barely concious at the moment and he drops his weapon and shield beside him on the ground and looks pleading at Darfel.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:49 am

Seeing the fight is at it's end, Darfel kneels beside his opponent. "Well fought, haven't had a match that much fun in a while. Your skill is a tribute to your people, Tempus is honored by our efforts."

Darfel gives silent praise and thanks to his god.

As long as the orc still seems to be conceding, Darfel will channel healing energies into him, as well as into himself. If he looks like he is going to act in a duplicitous manner, he gets bashed.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:54 am

Ala will head back to Darfel and Cranberry to see what's going on over there.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:58 am

thinkslogically wrote:Ala will head back to Darfel and Cranberry to see what's going on over there.
Maybe she needs to challenge the next orc to get some of her anger out! :lol:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:43 am

OOC: yeah I was wondering about that, but I have no idea if she'd actually have a chance in a solo fight... Unless we find a Vargach soon I'll have her check out the training areas and get a better feel for it though. She could definitely stand to blow off a bit of steam!