Unofficial Timeline Discussion

Discuss the comic here!
SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: dbg_

Re: Unofficial Timeline Discussion

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:23 am

I am as excited as you about this information.
Sorry, I haven't posted in this thread... at all, it seems.
I didn't want to post before because i disagreed with your analysis, but didn't complete my own to have enough arguments to state my position.
I'm glad you're going to continue putting a lot of work into this, however I kinda still want to do my own independant analysis, if I'll have time (I won't have, probably, though, for a long while)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:51 am

That's indeed an interesting information, and good to keep in mind.
We were always in danger of misinterpreting the mood of a setting into time passage indications...
But now you have even less to fix time passage on, so more and less time passage than originally thought are both possible...
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:06 am

Speaks (SML) I am sorry that you were given the impression that it was better to not comment because you disagreed with my conclusions. I can be a little forceful with the way I state some.things, but I honestly do encourage input from others. Even if I think that input is wrong. It has happened before that the dissenting voices have caused me to go back and reevaluate my conclusions.

I anticipate that the next itteration of the timeline will be friendlier to comments since the timeline itself is now less rigid. Thank you for the support though, and I look forward to hearing your ideas on what I put out.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: dbg_

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:53 am

Heh, no, it didn't have to do with discouragement or anything like that, just my inner limitations!

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:19 am

So is Thunt telling us that we don't know whether it is day or night in any given scene, unless someone tells us? :?

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:00 am

Basically. It does seem confusing because it makes it harder to tell when things happen. But this, along with another thing he told me, might make easier to figure out what happens when. All will be made clear, i hope, when i restart the Unofficial Timeline.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:53 am

I hope so. Because I'm really confused now. :chuckle:

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:06 am

Well, THunt made an additional comment to me that helped me understand how a certain thing happened. From that, i have formed a new rule of interpretation for determining order of events. This will still rely on assumptions because the comic is filled with information gaps. However, i believe it will show the comic to be consistent with the thing THunt has drawn and said. But it will be a little tricky at first.