Twitter: [now] new colourist, again.

Discuss the comic here!
AntMac
Likes to Contribute

Re: Twitter tweets (now: THunt's back on twitter full blown)

Post by AntMac » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:30 pm

smjjames wrote:Well, this one "Sigh. Gods, I've missed taking my jokes too far like that. XD" shows as the latest for me.
I chuckled out loud. I do like the young mans sense of humour. I usually picture his jokes being delivered by various Goblins characters, to other characters. And sometimes sit here and I do the faces and arm wavings accompanying the joke too . . .

Hahahaha.

Kuma
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Kuma » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm

There was a scuffle and I missed it. :/

Welcome back THunt!

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:01 pm

If this was a business offline and Thunt talked to a customer like that, he would lose business, no matter who started it. Everyone can try and justify it all the want, Thunt was in the wrong and will lose "customers" for that behavior. This IS his job. He of all people should be above such behavior. "Treat people how they treat you" is not the way things work in a business whether you like it or not. Banning that guy was the right thing to do. Stooping to his level was what was wrong. Honestly at this point, this entire thread should be deleted and no further discussion of this whole ordeal should be allowed. The longer it's here, the worse the "trolling" and bickering will go on.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:14 pm

Xavier78 wrote:If this was a business offline and Thunt talked to a customer like that, he would lose business, no matter who started it. Everyone can try and justify it all the want, Thunt was in the wrong and will lose "customers" for that behavior. This IS his job. He of all people should be above such behavior. "Treat people how they treat you" is not the way things work in a business whether you like it or not. Banning that guy was the right thing to do. Stooping to his level was what was wrong. Honestly at this point, this entire thread should be deleted and no further discussion of this whole ordeal should be allowed. The longer it's here, the worse the "trolling" and bickering will go on.
In case you missed it, Looks asked people to please stop discussing this. So please stop discussing this.

Unlucky-for-Some
Enjoys Chitchat

Re: Twitter tweets (now: THunt's back to the forum.)

Post by Unlucky-for-Some » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:07 pm

CooksACarrot wrote:So if we were all to go for a beer in New Zealand, what kind of bar food could we expect? Fish and Chips? Deep fried pickles?
Interesting - I wonder how many Kiwis there are here on the forums... not all New Zealanders live in Orcland of course ;) but a get together for a beer and Goblins chat would be most pleasant...

:beer:

... curses! no beer smilie :(
All hail the power of the stick!

Thunt
Draws Goblins

Post by Thunt » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:44 pm

Dualhunter wrote:

So I feel like this a ridiculously stupid thing to don, it being my first post in these forums, but was that really necessary? I mean yeah, the guy was a troll and deserved to be banned but why did you do it so publicly? Was it because you wanted to make a big entrance after being gone for so long or something? Why not just send him a message saying he's banned? WHy the big show?

I mean, most of the regulars seem to be stoked that you did that, but frankly the whole thing seemed immature. I mean the "Can I call you...." lines seemed you were trying to impersonate some bad 80s movies. Followed up by you doing some kinda psycho-analysis on him about how he has no social skills or personal strength. I mean it looks like you were just making some extreme reaches about him as a person just off what you saw from him on an internet message board. And then insulting him on them. It seems very similarly to what he was doing to be honest.

Either way, glad your doing better (mental illness sucks more than I can describe) hope all is well. Please take as much time as you need to get better before you start the comic again.

Pce out yo
A fair point/question.

I attacked him publicly, because he did so to my friends and me. Not once or twice, but many times, over a period of time. He didn't offer criticism or a differing opinion, he insulted. Venomously and repeatedly. So why was my public, verbal slap in the face "ridiculously stupid", when his ongoing attacks were not? He was given a warning by a mod and he publicly laughed about the warning and without pausing, used it as fuel to insult all of us even more.

Sure, my response was immature. Yes, the more adult thing, would have been to quietly ban him. But I felt an urge to stand up for myself.
Was it because you wanted to make a big entrance after being gone for so long or something?
That is not quite as fair. You're guiding your observation in a direction that allows you to reach a conclusion based on nothing more than your own disagreement to my actions. It's like if I were to say...

"Why did you disagree with what I did? Was it because you smell like cheese and were trying to distract yourself from that icky stink by typing in a forum?"

So yes, it was immature of me. If I were just a little wiser, I probably wouldn't have made that post before banning him. But I still would have banned him.

And I want to be clear that he is the only person I have ever banned (apart from two people I banned together and then talked to after and unbanned with apologies all around). He was not someone with just a "differing opinion". I have never banned anyone for criticizing me or my work or even this forum. He was a bully and I hate bullies. And keep in mind that he spent a long time in this forum, continuing to bully, while surrounded by a very friendly community. He worked hard to get that ban and it took him a long time. So I think it's a little imaginary for people to react with "Uh oh, I'd better shut my mouth and sit down before Thunt bans ME!"

Anyways... you're banned, Dualhunter.

I'm kidding! o:)

But lingrem, Krulle, Liesmith, SGTdude, Tofu, SeeAMoose... you're all banned. Seriously. Get out. :x

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:46 pm

Aha! I am not banned! :Dance:

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:53 pm

bans Thunt and Burns to even things out :paranoia: :tongue:
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

Thunt
Draws Goblins

Post by Thunt » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:04 pm

Xavier78 wrote:If this was a business offline and Thunt talked to a customer like that, he would lose business, no matter who started it. Everyone can try and justify it all the want, Thunt was in the wrong and will lose "customers" for that behaviour. This IS his job. He of all people should be above such behavior. "Treat people how they treat you" is not the way things work in a business whether you like it or not. Banning that guy was the right thing to do. Stooping to his level was what was wrong. Honestly at this point, this entire thread should be deleted and no further discussion of this whole ordeal should be allowed. The longer it's here, the worse the "trolling" and bickering will go on.
While I agree that my pre-ban post was immature, I disagree with you comparing that person to a customer. I actually talk a bit about this in my unposted blog. There is a point when someone stops being a customer and starts being an enemy (if you'll forgive the theatrical wording). But let's go with the customer comparison anyway...

I need to treat my 'customers' with respect. Absolutely. Yes. So when he came into my place of business over and over, and insulted my other 'customers' again and again, doesn't that respect demand that I do something in defence of those other 'customers'? Isn't it disrespectful to ALL the other 'customers' in here to simple shrug my shoulders and ban him without a word regarding those he's attacked? To those people I depend on for my livelihood and online companionship? Sure, a more mature public response could have been made that would still demonstrate how much I respect the others in here, I agree. But to quietly ban him? No, screw that.

Thunt
Draws Goblins

Post by Thunt » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:05 pm

In case you missed it, Looks asked people to please stop discussing this. So please stop discussing this.
:shock:
:paranoia:

Oops.

Please don't ban me.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:14 pm

Thunt wrote:

Oops.

Please don't ban me.
:grem: some sacrifices are needed... besides.. you don't know how much stress my mother is under.... wait... you created her... I guess you do....

:lol:
-Best regards LAYF

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:14 pm

Sorry Thunt, but you know better. Banhammer for you! :whack:

:P

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:14 pm

Banish him to Castle Anthrax for punishment!

(And I think I got banned once before in a mass banning.)

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:32 pm

Thunt wrote:
Dualhunter wrote:

So I feel like this a ridiculously stupid thing to don, it being my first post in these forums, but was that really necessary? I mean yeah, the guy was a troll and deserved to be banned but why did you do it so publicly? Was it because you wanted to make a big entrance after being gone for so long or something? Why not just send him a message saying he's banned? WHy the big show?

I mean, most of the regulars seem to be stoked that you did that, but frankly the whole thing seemed immature. I mean the "Can I call you...." lines seemed you were trying to impersonate some bad 80s movies. Followed up by you doing some kinda psycho-analysis on him about how he has no social skills or personal strength. I mean it looks like you were just making some extreme reaches about him as a person just off what you saw from him on an internet message board. And then insulting him on them. It seems very similarly to what he was doing to be honest.

Either way, glad your doing better (mental illness sucks more than I can describe) hope all is well. Please take as much time as you need to get better before you start the comic again.

Pce out yo
A fair point/question.

I attacked him publicly, because he did so to my friends and me. Not once or twice, but many times, over a period of time. He didn't offer criticism or a differing opinion, he insulted. Venomously and repeatedly. So why was my public, verbal slap in the face "ridiculously stupid", when his ongoing attacks were not? He was given a warning by a mod and he publicly laughed about the warning and without pausing, used it as fuel to insult all of us even more.
I think Dualhunter was saying that him taking issue with the ban was "ridiculously stupid", given that it's one of his first posts. I don't think he was trying to be insulting.
Thunt wrote: But lingrem, Krulle, Liesmith, SGTdude, Tofu, SeeAMoose... you're all banned. Seriously. Get out. :x
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles
UStream Username: Zathyr

Post by Zathyr » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:37 pm

Bans for everyone! Huzzah! :woot
Image And always make sure your dragons are happy little dragons.

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:03 pm

Guys, I just ran the numbers, and I have some bad news:
► Show Spoiler
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:07 pm

I survived the Mass Ban 2014!

Huzzah!

:p
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Lurch
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Lurch » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:30 pm

Thunt wrote:
But lingrem, Krulle, Liesmith, SGTdude, Tofu, SeeAMoose... you're all banned. Seriously. Get out. :x
Sooo...I guess you'll be needing some new, non-banned moderators then... *dusts off resume* ;)

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:11 pm

Thunt wrote:But lingrem, Krulle, Liesmith, SGTdude, Tofu, SeeAMoose... you're all banned. Seriously. Get out. :x
Did I just receive one of these ... ?

Michael7050
ServesBeers

Post by Michael7050 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:15 pm

Unlucky-for-Some wrote:
CooksACarrot wrote:So if we were all to go for a beer in New Zealand, what kind of bar food could we expect? Fish and Chips? Deep fried pickles?
Interesting - I wonder how many Kiwis there are here on the forums... not all New Zealanders live in Orcland of course ;) but a get together for a beer and Goblins chat would be most pleasant...

:beer:

... curses! no beer smilie :(

Im at the Uni of Orcland, myself.

THunt just continuing to kick ass. Get me some of that gif popcorn plz!

And I survived the mass ban! Hooray! ServesBeers is too immortal from all that time in the Astral Sea to be worried by a ban anyway. :Dance:

I think there used to be a Beer emote... I remember using it a lot.
ServesBeers, the original Proprietor of the Gobl'INN has returned from his extended vacation in the Astral Sea to see what all the hold up is.

"Yes dammit Wolfie, I do still own this Place, you do still work for ME and I AM NOT DEAD YET thank you very much."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:15 pm

Sorry Tofu. It's not valid. Because Thunt is canadian. :P

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:17 pm

Thunt wrote:

Oops.

Please don't ban me.
I do have supervillain powers... >:D

I kid. Image

CooksACarrot
An Obvious Distraction

Post by CooksACarrot » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:34 pm

Actually, I was thinking pub food, but wasn't 100% on which you would use. As a Canadian, I think of myself as British too, it is just a little more complicated. although we have never really flirted with republicanism, thank god (I'm looking at you, Australia!).
Look! A Distraction!
-William Lyon Mackenzie King, Prime Minister, Ninja

Brings Cupcakes
Of Few Words

Post by Brings Cupcakes » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:50 pm

CooksACarrot wrote: As a Canadian, I think of myself as British too...
What? No! Stop that!

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:20 pm

Brings Cupcakes wrote:
CooksACarrot wrote: As a Canadian, I think of myself as British too...
What? No! Stop that!
Riddle me this then ..

Quebecois is to Canada as is What to British?