Twitter: [now] new colourist, again.

Discuss the comic here!
Loewen
Mutters to Themself

Re: Twitter tweets (currently: no tweets since 16 February)

Post by Loewen » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:35 am

maybe he's trying to finish all three pages at once so we don't have to wait.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:37 am

stevedj wrote:I have a new theory on what has happened to THunt:

He's been abducted by aliens! A couple days ago the Northern Lights were visible all the way south into the northern parts of the US (see this story). So perhaps they went outside to have a look, and that's when aliens appeared and took them away! :lol:
► Show Spoiler
Elvis is a Goblins fan, so the Aliens wanted to get him a signed Goblins book for his birthday.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

Rogbull
Of Few Words
UStream Username: Rogbull

Post by Rogbull » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:40 am

That's the best case scenario. I'm absolutely feeling sick in my stomach each day that passes, thinking something happend to Tarol and Danielle... I know I shouldn't do it but I'm creeping around all social media that's related to them to find any sort of activity. I know I shouldn't but I'm so worried, I need some peace of mind. I don't suppose someone could maybe call them on the phone?

TheGreatOldOne
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: the_great_old_one

Post by TheGreatOldOne » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:58 am

Don't feel too bad, I did the same thing, plus I also checked the weather in his area, hit up the BC Hydro site to see where they were having power outages, and even checked the local news for the Sunshine Coast area to see if anything major was going on out there. Nada on any of that, so there's only a few scenarios left:

* His internet is out and he has no other connectivity
* He caught some sort of flak from jackasses on the 'net and has decided to forsake all technology and become a hermit (unlikely)
* There's been some sort of family emergency
* He's having a major health issue

I'm hoping it's the first one.

Ghostdogg866
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Ghostdogg866 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:13 am

Where is Thunt, omg, I know we are all sitting on the edge of our seats for this update.

I take it there is no news on what is going on?

TheGreatOldOne
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by TheGreatOldOne » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:17 am

Nobody knows, and I think most of us have progressed beyond worrying about the update to worrying about his well-being. I sent a message to Evertide Games to see if they've had any contact since Sunday.

Brightnotshiny
Of Few Words

Post by Brightnotshiny » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:18 am

(really hope there isn't a problem in the marriage, those last two tweets could be pretty uncomfortable causing-ness. I have no basis on that, it is just a possibility, one I am slightly more worried about than poor health [within reason])

TheGreatOldOne
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by TheGreatOldOne » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:26 am

I seriously doubt that. Danielle has always seemed pretty laid back, and those tweets were obviously meant in jest. Well, the glass comment might be a little TMI, but I don't see something like that causing a big enough problem that all net communication would cease for five days.

ParasolCorp
Remains Silent

Post by ParasolCorp » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:28 am

nikohl wrote:
vagabond wrote:I am not a fan of this comic.
Yes I started reading it and yes I am curious how will this story develop. But i check it only now and then and I try not to read this forum and all of your posts in which you discuss IME, mechanics, logic and all other issues. So when I see that update should be tomorrow, then I expect to find it updated.
There is no topic, or I just could not find one which stands for "goblins cancelled" and please do not make me read all your posts to find out what is going on.
So
If thunt is hurt - i feel sorry for him.
And no offence. But seriously a lot of you guys are insane lunatic nerds who live in that goblins reality #154
Yours sincerly
Piotr from across the ocean.
Sorry, just to clarify - you came to the forum looking for answers as to why the comic hadn't updated, but you also chose not to read any posts in search of those answers? Isn't that rather like being thirsty, walking into the kitchen to get water, but not wanting to drink out of any of the cups?

I don't understand what you hoped to achieve here.

Not the same guy but i get where he is coming from. Hell, i even made an account after 7-8 years of reading because this incensed me enough. Slogging through a bunch of obscurely titled threads and then similarly speculative posts in a forum is a pain in the ass (Especially for new people!). Not to mention, for folks who even have been around for a long time, having to tiptoe around the Ancient Order of Thunt Defenders, is scary/dumb (like myself, which is why until now and being pissy, i never had an account).

I believe he was just attempting to ask the same question everyone has been having. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and to do more than nicely answer him is silly and frankly kind of a dick move.

Brightnotshiny
Of Few Words

Post by Brightnotshiny » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:35 am

ParasolCorp wrote:

Not the same guy but i get where he is coming from. Hell, i even made an account after 7-8 years of reading because this incensed me enough. Slogging through a bunch of obscurely titled threads and then similarly speculative posts in a forum is a pain in the ass (Especially for new people!). Not to mention, for folks who even have been around for a long time, having to tiptoe around the Ancient Order of Thunt Defenders, is scary/dumb (like myself, which is why until now and being pissy, i never had an account).

I believe he was just attempting to ask the same question everyone has been having. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and to do more than nicely answer him is silly and frankly kind of a dick move.
Having to tiptoe when you have no reason to care about what they say is... why?

I don't get how it takes a long time to figure out there has been no news... "(currently: no tweets since 16 february)"

The first comment in a thread about "what might blow minds-Feburary 19" has the latest info in regards to Goblins, that being a tweet about it.

How much slogging does that actually take?

Dicks to dicks, if he wanted a nice answer he should of simply asked? He's not so... What?

ParasolCorp
Remains Silent

Post by ParasolCorp » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:43 am

Brightnotshiny wrote: Having to tiptoe when you have no reason to care about what they say is... why?

I don't get how it takes a long time to figure out there has been no news... "(currently: no tweets since 16 february)"

The first comment in a thread about "what might blow minds-Feburary 19" has the latest info in regards to Goblins, that being a tweet about it.

Dicks to dicks, if he wanted a nice answer he should of simply asked? He's not so... What?

He did ask earlier, though in a sort of broken English sort of way that came off a bit strange.

It takes a fair amount of slogging to find relevant information to an actual earnest question.

The 'tiptoeing' wans't specifically about me. Just an observation.

Ghostdogg866
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Ghostdogg866 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:47 am

Everyone just needs to eat a cookie and relax, it will all be good. :)

Brightnotshiny
Of Few Words

Post by Brightnotshiny » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:51 am

ParasolCorp wrote:
Brightnotshiny wrote: Having to tiptoe when you have no reason to care about what they say is... why?

He did ask earlier, though in a sort of broken English sort of way that came off a bit strange.

It takes a fair amount of slogging to find relevant information to an actual earnest question.

The 'tiptoeing' wans't specifically about me. Just an observation.
Damn right he did! Those people are dicks. Albeit the second statement did just what you said should be done.

The difficulty is that there is no official word. So that would be frustrating to find after slogging, but I still maintain it doesn't take that much reading! I'm not trying to find the chihuahua population in Arizona.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:17 am

ParasolCorp wrote: Not the same guy but i get where he is coming from. Hell, i even made an account after 7-8 years of reading because this incensed me enough. Slogging through a bunch of obscurely titled threads and then similarly speculative posts in a forum is a pain in the ass (Especially for new people!). Not to mention, for folks who even have been around for a long time, having to tiptoe around the Ancient Order of Thunt Defenders, is scary/dumb (like myself, which is why until now and being pissy, i never had an account).

Sorry, but no. It is in no way a dick move to expect another adult human being to make an effort to use a given information/communication medium correctly. He can make a forum account, navigate to an appropriate thread, and post in it - therefore it is not unreasonable to expect him to read the three posts directly above the one he was about to make.

Calling people insane lunatic nerds, however, is frankly kind of a dick move, especially when prefaced with the oh-so-trite "no offense" :lol:

(The defensiveness of the Order of Thunt is a result of many past arguments and many past trolls, and isn't what I am addressing above, I'm talking about simple forum etiquette - re the AOoT: yes people get overzealous, but it's like people who have heard the same joke about their name three times a day for their entire lives... There's only so many times they can grit their teeth and smile, before they flip out and start screaming "DO YOU THINK I HAVEN'T HEARD THAT BEFORE?")

Gherkin
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Gherkin » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:28 am

I think I figured it out! The "mind blowing" surprise was the sudden appearance of the legendary Black Beast of Aaaarrrrggghhhh! which would thence devour Kore once and for all. Unfortunately Mr. Hunt in his enthusiasm forgot about the notorious side effect of the appearance of the beast and the predictable happened :-(

ParasolCorp
Remains Silent

Post by ParasolCorp » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:29 am

nikohl wrote:
ParasolCorp wrote: Not the same guy but i get where he is coming from. Hell, i even made an account after 7-8 years of reading because this incensed me enough. Slogging through a bunch of obscurely titled threads and then similarly speculative posts in a forum is a pain in the ass (Especially for new people!). Not to mention, for folks who even have been around for a long time, having to tiptoe around the Ancient Order of Thunt Defenders, is scary/dumb (like myself, which is why until now and being pissy, i never had an account).

Sorry, but no. It is in no way a dick move to expect another adult human being to make an effort to use a given information/communication medium correctly. He can make a forum account, navigate to an appropriate thread, and post in it - therefore it is not unreasonable to expect him to read the three posts directly above the one he was about to make.

Calling people insane lunatic nerds, however, is frankly kind of a dick move, especially when prefaced with the oh-so-trite "no offense" :lol:

(The defensiveness of the Order of Thunt is a result of many past arguments and many past trolls, and isn't what I am addressing above, I'm talking about simple forum etiquette - re the AOoT: yes people get overzealous, but it's like people who have heard the same joke about their name three times a day for their entire lives... There's only so many times they can grit their teeth and smile, before they flip out and start screaming "DO YOU THINK I HAVEN'T HEARD THAT BEFORE?")

Never did i call people 'insane lunatic nerds' nor did i say 'no offence'. I wasn't exactly trying to be all that nice about it. The response to the bloke was super rude.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:31 am

My two cents on this (and pardon me if I come off a bit... less than nice. I'm having a horrid day. So I apologize in advance.)

This is a forum, not simply an information center. Slogging is mandatory. You often find out more interesting facts through the slogging. If you don't want to slog, you can visit the FAQ, use the search bar, or PM one of the Mods. We're happy to help.

This is a Goblins comic forum. Modded by fans of the comic. Admin'd by fans of the comic. Posted in by fans of the comic. These people are also a mix of geeks, nerds, fanatics, casual readers, and others. Some are more cerebral than others and they want to pick everything apart to see how each little piece works before putting it all back together again. Others just take things at face value. All of which is ok. :)

One thing that goes hand-in-hand with the forum is the people who stand up for THunt - the Loyal Defenders. Yes, they bite and they bark. They are also tired of seeing the same questions posted by newbies each time one signs up. Questions that are often already answered within the the FAQ, which is posted at the top of the Discussions Board. They aren't trying to offend, but yes they can come off a bit snarky and sometimes mean.

Again, if you have issues with a person on the forum, ANY person on the forum, we have a chain of Moderators standing by ready and willing to help. We really are friendly and we do want to help.

As to the update schedule, it's a long debated (and often heated) subject that THunt beats himself up over but won't budge one. The forumites still like to talk about it and the update clock, though. It's tradition. :meh: :lol:

Thread titles - These are supposed to be obscure. Well, the update ones are to avoid spoilers, but at least they are identifiable by the date in the title.

One final note, we (the mods and admins) want this forum to be open and friendly. We are open to suggestions (seriously) and are fairly lenient when it comes to most things.

If you have a problem, tell us. Find a certain post offensive, flag it. Need a quick question answered, PM us.

We don't bite. We are, however, human. We have good days and bad days - which is why we have an entire team to balance everything out.
► Show Spoiler
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Ghostdogg866
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Ghostdogg866 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:36 am

Wolfie wrote:My two cents on this (and pardon me if I come off a bit... less than nice. I'm having a horrid day. So I apologize in advance.)

This is a forum, not simply an information center. Slogging is mandatory. You often find out more interesting facts through the slogging. If you don't want to slog, you can visit the FAQ, use the search bar, or PM one of the Mods. We're happy to help.

This is a Goblins comic forum. Modded by fans of the comic. Admin'd by fans of the comic. Posted in by fans of the comic. These people are also a mix of geeks, nerds, fanatics, casual readers, and others. Some are more cerebral than others and they want to pick everything apart to see how each little piece works before putting it all back together again. Others just take things at face value. All of which is ok. :)

One thing that goes hand-in-hand with the forum is the people who stand up for THunt - the Loyal Defenders. Yes, they bite and they bark. They are also tired of seeing the same questions posted by newbies each time one signs up. Questions that are often already answered within the the FAQ, which is posted at the top of the Discussions Board. They aren't trying to offend, but yes they can come off a bit snarky and sometimes mean.

Again, if you have issues with a person on the forum, ANY person on the forum, we have a chain of Moderators standing by ready and willing to help. We really are friendly and we do want to help.

As to the update schedule, it's a long debated (and often heated) subject that THunt beats himself up over but won't budge one. The forumites still like to talk about it and the update clock, though. It's tradition. :meh: :lol:

Thread titles - These are supposed to be obscure. Well, the update ones are to avoid spoilers, but at least they are identifiable by the date in the title.

One final note, we (the mods and admins) want this forum to be open and friendly. We are open to suggestions (seriously) and are fairly lenient when it comes to most things.

If you have a problem, tell us. Find a certain post offensive, flag it. Need a quick question answered, PM us.

We don't bite. We are, however, human. We have good days and bad days - which is why we have an entire team to balance everything out.
► Show Spoiler
:paranoia:
"Always be yourself, but if you can be a dwarf, always be a dwarf"

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:38 am

ParasolCorp wrote: Never did i call people 'insane lunatic nerds' nor did i say 'no offence'. I wasn't exactly trying to be all that nice about it. The response to the bloke was super rude.
You didn't call us insane lunatic nerds, the other guy did. The one you're saying we were rude to. :wall:

FullmoonCat
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by FullmoonCat » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:47 am

I am worried about Thunt (just to add my voice to the din). I haven't been to the forum in forever, but I remember back in the day there were a few people here who knew Thunt personally and lived nearby. Are those people still around? Can someone please verify is he's ok?

ParasolCorp
Remains Silent

Post by ParasolCorp » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:55 am

nikohl wrote:
ParasolCorp wrote: Never did i call people 'insane lunatic nerds' nor did i say 'no offence'. I wasn't exactly trying to be all that nice about it. The response to the bloke was super rude.
You didn't call us insane lunatic nerds, the other guy did. The one you're saying we were rude to. :wall:

With the response he got, I don't blame him.

I understand that 'regular' forum goers have an expectation of a certain methodicalness to what other people should do before/during posting. Not everyone is going to follow this and that might irk you. As a community though or loyal fans (myself included), wouldn't it have reflected better upon yourselves as a community to just have said, "Sorry man, we don't really know what's going on though we're a bit concerned due to the lack of communication on Thunts part."

Instead it seems that when there is any amount of criticism or a 'newbie' question etc, it is just generally met with rude/hostile/ragey responses. Forums by nature are really not all that intuitive to folks who don't use them all the time. Finding FAQs and/or PM'ing someone is an option, but is that going to be the first thing a new person looks for/thinks of when looking for a quick answer? I don't think so. I'd expect them to look toward to community to help them along with their question. A bit of reading the 2 1/2 pages before his post could've been done and maybe would've answered his question, but what he was looking for was an answer. He was met with hostility. That's what i find disappointing and bullshit.

I get that some of you want to defend Thunt, but he's a grown man who clearly has no problem fighting his own battles. As with any form of content though, comes criticism. And that criticism is warranted and perfectly normal. One doesn't create a world for viewers, a community of people for free. There are elements of financial gain (ad rev. and donations) and elements of acclaim personal satisfaction/recognition for ones work. That alone warrants it. It's healthy and the constant attempts to squash it or rage at it is a bit overzealous and silly.

Thats where I stand. I was disappointed by the community. That's quite sad for one that seems so invested in it too.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:03 pm

ParasolCorp wrote:
nikohl wrote:

With the response he got, I don't blame him.
The response he got (from me) amounted to "dude, seriously? The answer is two inches further up on your screen." - which it was and still is, somewhat negating your assertion that people don't want to slog through pages of text. I do not consider that hostile. I consider that incredulous. But, you are entitled to your own opinion.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:03 pm

I hardly think people around here are prone to "rage" by Internet standards.

More to the point: Imagine walking into a sports bar, declaring to everyone that you don't really like sports, telling them that all their constant talk about sports drives you up a wall, and, when you get down to it, no offense, but you're all losers for obsessing over sports trivia. Do you honestly expect the crowd at the bar, who are all there because they enjoy watching and discussing sports together in their free time, to respond to that in a welcoming manner?

If you don't want to be greeted with "hostility," then maybe insulting the entire room isn't a good way to get off on the right foot.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:07 pm

ParasolCorp wrote:He was met with hostility. That's what i find disappointing and bullshit.
Actually, he was responded to quite civilly by 2-3 separate people who gave him both the benefit of the doubt and the answer he was looking for. Then he called us crazy (which is undoubtedly fair :D) and left. Time to move on too I think, no?

On topic, I am also concerned about Thunt. Wears, don't suppose you've heard from them?

Also also, welcome back to the forums fullmooncat :D

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:10 pm

No word yet. I'm planning to try again later today. (Time zone difference and all.)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler