Twitter: [now] new colourist, again.

Discuss the comic here!
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Twitter tweets (currently: no tweets since 16 February)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:12 pm

Thanks! Pass on our best if you get through :)

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:16 pm

thinkslogically wrote:Thanks! Pass on our best if you get through :)
Seconded!

(also thirded, if the voices in my head count as a separate entity)
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Caowyth
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Caowyth » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:20 pm

Thirded!

I'm really quite worried. Not to the point of driving north across the border yet but still worried. =)

Thrandr Demonkin
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Thrandr Demonkin » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:21 pm

As someone who registered a few days ago I must say I find the community to be helpful and a good deal more tolerant than other forums I've been a part of - where I myself have been one of the "not quite so tolerant" people a times. If a newcomer is hostile, doesn't look around just a wee bit for himself and behaves as though the forum members were paid to help him it is quite natural to not be all that focused on sunshine and being exceedingly polite.

That said, I do hope we hear from Thunt soon. I'm one of those checking the comic a few times each day "just in case" it updates early or something, but likely both I and those avid goblins fans I know in real life are more concerned with Thunt's wellbeing. Our discussions lately have been on everything from "I hope he's okay", to likely explanations on his absence to common sense theories such as Thunt having been abducted by aliens intent on turning him into a cyborg so he won't have to sleep and can update the comic more frequently (with that mission obviously having failed midways through, as Thunt woke up in the middle of the operation and the half-cyborg Thunt currently being about to commandeer the starship, trying to figure out how to get back to earth).

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:30 pm

Thrandr Demonkin wrote:That said, I do hope we hear from Thunt soon. I'm one of those checking the comic a few times each day "just in case" it updates early or something, but likely both I and those avid goblins fans I know in real life are more concerned with Thunt's wellbeing. Our discussions lately have been on everything from "I hope he's okay", to likely explanations on his absence to common sense theories such as Thunt having been abducted by aliens intent on turning him into a cyborg so he won't have to sleep and can update the comic more frequently (with that mission obviously having failed midways through, as Thunt woke up in the middle of the operation and the half-cyborg Thunt currently being about to commandeer the starship, trying to figure out how to get back to earth).
Best theory yet! I'm now currently amused by thinking of a half-cyborg THunt commandeering and then commanding a starship... is this where he really shows us how to Eject a Warped Kore?
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

TeaLovingDave
Whispers Softly

Post by TeaLovingDave » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:31 pm

Caowyth wrote:Thirded!

I'm really quite worried. Not to the point of driving north across the border yet but still worried. =)
Fourthed......

Strangely enough, it is exactly 5 years ago this week that another webcomic I used to follow avidly - Scandal Sheet - stopped updating with little to no news since; although I know that the author of said webcomic is still healthy and well. I dearly dearly hope that we hear from Thunt or someone close to him soon; even if we never got another comic update for whatever reason I suspect none of us would really care as long as he was okay.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Twitter tweets (now: no life sign of THunt since 16 Febr

Post by Krulle » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:19 pm

I've scrolled through tweets connected to his twitter account (followers/following), but even the other accounts have nothing on him (THunthousehold, danielle, arewepregnant (that would have been a great way to find out why they're quiet), duke, evertide,....). but most of them I skipped very quickly.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

WastesTime
Is Heard Often

Re: Twitter tweets (now: no life sign of THunt since 16 Feb)

Post by WastesTime » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:01 pm

Ok, gals and guys, I'm freaking out here! I hate this queasy feeling in my gut that something is wrong. Never once have I experienced this with regard to a person whom I have never met...

What is going on?!
"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"

Daughter Of Yahweh
Whispers Softly

Post by Daughter Of Yahweh » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:03 pm

Took a hiatus from this community for awhile, but when Thunt poofed from the internet I thought I'd come back and see what you guys are doing.

This is really strange. Optimistically, I feel like I'm about to be massively pranked.

Pessimistically, I'm scared something horrible happened.

FullmoonCat
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by FullmoonCat » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:14 pm

Daughter Of Yahweh wrote:This is really strange. Optimistically, I feel like I'm about to be massively pranked.
I could see that if it was a day late and no word, maybe two, but after this long, I don't think Thunt would do that after posting about how mind-blowing the next few pages would be. For one, he's never been that cruel. For two, this comic is his entire living, and despite the temporary boost in hits his site is likely receiving due to this lateness, in the long term that's just bad business sense. And I think we can all agree that Thunt is a savvy businessman.

That leaves the less optimistic possibilities, unfortunately. Hopefully it's something not so traumatic that has simply rendered his household unable to communicate, such as power outage or a zombie attack.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:30 pm

Its friday.

Why doeant somebody who knows where he lives just roll by and be like "life check. You good? Ok cyuh."

This is assuming nobody has his number (which I think somebody on forums does).
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:37 pm

SGTdude wrote:Its friday.

Why doeant somebody who knows where he lives just roll by and be like "life check. You good? Ok cyuh."

He lives in the "boonies" and Wears has tried calling (I think). I know he's sent emails and tweets.

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles
UStream Username: Zathyr

Post by Zathyr » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:38 pm

If I were to guess: in my mind there is an epic duel, the likes of which puts that awesome scene in the Princess Bride to shame - you know the one. One opponent gaining ground then falling back as the other redoubles their assault, and vice versa. Back and forth they go, circling one another, looking for an opening, and strike! But neither shall fall. Neither will ever admit defeat. On and on they go, the duel that will decide it all. Thunt vs. Thunt's Stress.
Image And always make sure your dragons are happy little dragons.

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:38 pm

FIRST OFF - I think the current thread title is a bit ... almost offensive even... it sure gives the impression of something really, really bad. I think alternate words should be used...

Now, on with my comment...

In the unlikely chance that THunt is just trolling us all right now, and having a good laugh -- do some of the admins here have access to the inner workings of this forum? ...and can look to see the last time THunt visited?

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:41 pm

According to his profile he has not been active on the boards since Feb 15.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

FullmoonCat
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by FullmoonCat » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:43 pm

stevedj wrote:In the unlikely chance that THunt is just trolling us all right now, and having a good laugh -- do some of the admins here have access to the inner workings of this forum? ...and can look to see the last time THunt visited?
Everyone has that access: http://www.goblinsforum.com/memberlist. ... ofile&u=54

edit: ninja'd

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:48 pm

stevedj wrote:FIRST OFF - I think the current thread title is a bit ... almost offensive even... it sure gives the impression of something really, really bad. I think alternate words should be used...

Now, on with my comment...

In the unlikely chance that THunt is just trolling us all right now, and having a good laugh -- do some of the admins here have access to the inner workings of this forum? ...and can look to see the last time THunt visited?
I agree on the thread title... so I edited it slightly.

And I know THunt likes to have a little fun with us once in a while, but I don't think he'd stoop to nearly a week being off the grid as a joke. Either he's busy working and trying to get everything situated for a massive update (after which he'll sleep for three days straight) and has no time to socialize, there's something medically keeping him away from socializing like a massive migraine, or they've lost power and THunt and Danielle are taking advantage of the situation. :)

Or maybe some important peoples dropped by and he's been busy entertaining... :)

I'm worried about him, but I'm sure there's nothing uber wrong :paranoia:

Daughter Of Yahweh
Whispers Softly

Re: Twitter tweets (now: no sign of THunt since 16 Feb)

Post by Daughter Of Yahweh » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:54 pm

What if...we never hear from him again and Goblins becomes one of those abandoned comics, festering in the depths of the internet...

I'm sorry. I'm a horrible person.
Last edited by Daughter Of Yahweh on Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TeaLovingDave
Whispers Softly

Post by TeaLovingDave » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:57 pm

Daughter Of Yahweh wrote:You know, just to throw some nightmare fuel out there, we could never hear from him again and this could turn into one of those abandoned comics, festering in the depths of the internet...

I'm sorry. I'm a horrible person.
Damn you, DOY. Damn you to the ninth pit of Hell :p

Changes_everything
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Changes_everything » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:58 pm

As much as I hate to say that - we do have to take into consideration that Thunt was quite recently rushed to hospital, and more than once if I'm not mistaken.

But: That does NOT by any means allow for the conclusion he's in critical condition or anything. It might simply be that he's been ordered to stay away from work (and the internet too, because they sort of belong together) to allow for recovery.

I actually would not be too surprised by that, although alarmed and worried, given his constant work without any real holiday. Maglubiyet knows Thunt has not taken a break in ages. Also, his tweets about the conversation with his doctor do sound like they were talking about something like a heart condition (tissue damage they've been looking for and that they are glad not to have found again...).

So with even a suspicion of such a condition (and probably a hundred other diagnoses as well, admitted), anyway, keeping the patient away from everything remotely stressful is standard medical procedure, even as a mere precaution, and does therefore not really say anything about severity.
The above is just a theory, or speculation if you like, just to make that clear.

Of course, there still might have been a zombie incident - or indeed some insanely weird, but totally harmless explanation. That wouldn't be unlike Thunt either, if I may say so. In fact, I'm still counting on it...

... and would someone please throw DaughterOfYahweh into a lower circle of hell, thank you very much.

TheGreatOldOne
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: the_great_old_one

Post by TheGreatOldOne » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:00 pm

Wolfie wrote:
SGTdude wrote:Its friday.

He lives in the "boonies" and Wears has tried calling (I think). I know he's sent emails and tweets.
It's not really the boonies, he lives about 2.5 hours NW of Vancouver (part of that is a ferry ride)

Catmandont
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: Ajrimmerstu

Post by Catmandont » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:05 pm

Hmmm...

I've now turned the corner from annoyed to worried.

I really don't care about the update right now....ok, that's a lie; I check hourly right now, but that's not as important as THunt being ok.

Of course, I may just be paranoid :paranoia:
"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit." The Tick

Hey! Why are you reading this? It's bad for your eyes, and there's nothing to see here; no words of wit or sage like advice.... Nope, none of that crap... Still here? Well, I guess you can stay for a little while, but no touching. Ok, MAYBE a little bit of touching, but don't expect a kiss... Oh, and don't expect me to cuddle afterwards, either. This is purely physical in nature, and you can't REALLY want something serious after everything we've been through? Fine... 20 seconds of heavy petting, and that's IT! Annnnnnnd done...

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:07 pm

1. He went to the ER with some very troubling symptoms. Subsequent hospital visits were from follow-up tests, which, from what he said on the livestream, were going well.

2. If he was ordered to take time off, he'd almost certainly have tweeted that.

3. No, I still haven't heard anything.

Everything else is just speculation.

Also: I know you guys are joking, but DoY is a person of faith. Can we please respect that and not call for her damnation?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Changes_everything
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Changes_everything » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:09 pm

WearsHats wrote: Also: I know you guys are joking, but DoY is a person of faith. Can we please respect that and not call for her damnation?
Okay. Someone throw a strawberry cake roughly in her direction then please.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:17 pm

if i lived 2.5hrs away under these conditions, I would roll by. Assuming I had any permission to do so previously.

Not only am I on the other side of the continent, I dont know where he lives. Those that have the power to check on him...should.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)