May 10th, 2013 tok

Discuss the comic here!
willpell
Banned

Re: May 10th, 2013 tok

Post by willpell » Wed May 15, 2013 9:41 am

Sheeva wrote:Something not mentioned yet: if it was Minmax, would Kin have the look on her face that she does in the last panel?
I read it as her looking up to see who's there, not as reacting to that person.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Vertigo
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Vertigo » Wed May 15, 2013 10:32 am

As far as IME goes it's definitely the right color for a Kin, but Scorpion Kin had a red IME so it's possible that an alt Minmax or Forgath also has a light green IME. It's definitely more likely to be an alt Kin though, since Sapphire also shares our Kin's IME color. Scorpion Kin was a different species altogether so perhaps that's why her IME was red instead of light green. Or maybe it's based on the dominant color of a character. Perhaps striped pink and white Kin has a pink IME?

Also if the dominant color thing holds true, it's worth pointing our Chief has the same IME color as Kin (Or a dangerously close color.) so one would argue that One Eye also has the same IME color...

Eats-a-Pie
Remains Silent

Post by Eats-a-Pie » Wed May 15, 2013 10:50 am

I registered and logged in just to say that if you kill off Kin I may never forgive you, THunt. That being said, thank you for creating the most engaging story I've read in years. You are a true artist, worthy of Ellison or Gaiman. Now let Kin live. Please?

langerhans
Of Few Words

Post by langerhans » Wed May 15, 2013 11:36 am

Vertigo wrote:As far as IME goes it's definitely the right color for a Kin, but Scorpion Kin had a red IME so it's possible that an alt Minmax or Forgath also has a light green IME. It's definitely more likely to be an alt Kin though, since Sapphire also shares our Kin's IME color. Scorpion Kin was a different species altogether so perhaps that's why her IME was red instead of light green. Or maybe it's based on the dominant color of a character. Perhaps striped pink and white Kin has a pink IME?

Also if the dominant color thing holds true, it's worth pointing our Chief has the same IME color as Kin (Or a dangerously close color.) so one would argue that One Eye also has the same IME color...
good catch about scorpikin, her IME only appears once

http://www.goblinscomic.com/09132011/

chiefs IME is pale blue

http://www.goblinscomic.com/11052010-2/

whereas our kins is pale green, it's possible, and maybe even likely that One-eye would have the same pale green IME.. a few characters IME seems to reflect the colour of their skin or hair (kin, big ears, goblinslayer, to name a few) and one eye had green skin. however i think if one eye were to come into the story it might have been hinted at more with more than just a passing appearance, unless that is the case to increase the suprise? aaahhh

...i think maybe i want it to be one-eye a little too much

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Wed May 15, 2013 11:39 am

If it is one eye, I'll be disappointed from a storytelling POV. There's no reason for it to be one-eye in this situation, there's no emotional torque to it like there would be for MinMax. I do like One-Eye though, especially for him only having two panels in the entire comic :P

Casting my vote for MinMax with a changed IME due to trueseeing
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

wonderdrow
Mutters to Themself

Post by wonderdrow » Wed May 15, 2013 11:42 am

Last edited by wonderdrow on Sat May 18, 2013 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Simon
Speaks Quietly

Post by Simon » Wed May 15, 2013 12:03 pm

wonderdrow wrote:...
Haha :D That would be surprising.

Vertigo
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Vertigo » Wed May 15, 2013 1:08 pm

Oh you're right it is pale blue. I wonder who's IME I saw on another page that had basically only Chief on it... I'll look up the page later and perhaps someone can correct me.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Comic crossover!!!

Post by Krulle » Wed May 15, 2013 1:43 pm

wonderdrow wrote:
► Show Spoiler
[Edit] Then we continue as Kore proposed.[/Edit]

And thus THunt also concludes TF11, finally.

Wonderdrow, this really should have been put in spoilertags!
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

wonderdrow
Mutters to Themself

Post by wonderdrow » Wed May 15, 2013 2:03 pm

I believed his alt was in the dungeon.
(the one with the eye patch)
Last edited by wonderdrow on Sat May 18, 2013 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Wed May 15, 2013 2:19 pm

wonderdrow wrote:I believe his alt IS in the dungeon.
That's One Eye, Big Ears' friend
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

wonderdrow
Mutters to Themself

Post by wonderdrow » Wed May 15, 2013 2:30 pm

Jibjib wrote:
wonderdrow wrote:I believe his alt IS in the dungeon.
That's One Eye, Big Ears' friend
Ah, good point. Forgot about him.
He's here
Indeed, it's One Eye that's in the MoM.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Wed May 15, 2013 3:38 pm

Next panel:

Psimax (Looking down at Kin): by all means, drink the healing potion. Your death would nessecitate recalculating any number of variables involving Minmax's relationship with you. I regret the need to cause you pain, but you should thank me. I'm going to remove us all from the wheel of pain called existance.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

Linkcharge
Whispers Softly

Post by Linkcharge » Wed May 15, 2013 4:26 pm

Vertigo wrote:As far as IME goes it's definitely the right color for a Kin, but Scorpion Kin had a red IME so it's possible that an alt Minmax or Forgath also has a light green IME.
Important point. If alts don't have to have the same color, that really opens up some possibilities.

blargfoot
Remains Silent

Post by blargfoot » Wed May 15, 2013 5:05 pm

Ok, new theory.

It's Forgath-156. In panel 4, Psymax does something ("Fwik") ... that something is shoving Forgath back through the hole outside so he won't have to deal with his screaming. Thus freed from the clutches of Psymax, Forgath's first act is save her life by giving the surprisingly alive Kin the healing potion since he can't cast healing spells without his holy symbol.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Wed May 15, 2013 5:37 pm

blargfoot wrote:Ok, new theory.

It's Forgath-156. In panel 4, Psymax does something ("Fwik") ... that something is shoving Forgath back through the hole outside so he won't have to deal with his screaming. Thus freed from the clutches of Psymax, Forgath's first act is save her life by giving the surprisingly alive Kin the healing potion since he can't cast healing spells without his holy symbol.
Hy iz pretty sure dot de "fwik" vaz him turnink on de Tower Room viewscreen.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

RJJ7
Of Few Words

Post by RJJ7 » Wed May 15, 2013 5:51 pm

RedwoodElf, may I take this opportunity to say that I love it when you do that?
If a collection of unpronounceable letters doesn't appeal to you, you may call me Randy.

Liska
Remains Silent

Post by Liska » Wed May 15, 2013 6:45 pm

Hi Everyone :D I'm a new member, long time reader.. noticed something, but didn't get the chance to read through all the responses, so i'm not sure if this has been mentioned before. However, who's foot is behind Kin in panel 9, then moved in panel 10?
Last edited by Liska on Wed May 15, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed May 15, 2013 6:50 pm

Hawl's foot isn't anywhere on this page; he died 7 years ago.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Vertigo
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Vertigo » Wed May 15, 2013 6:54 pm

http://www.goblinscomic.com/04282007/

This is the page that had me confused. When Chief fell the whapp sound effect was light green.

Liska
Remains Silent

Post by Liska » Wed May 15, 2013 6:58 pm

Ah, the joys of my Dyslexia :D I Meant Who's.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed May 15, 2013 7:01 pm

You're talking about the 10-armed statue's right mudhoney-dipped hand, which is barely off-panel without moving as Kin looks up.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Liska
Remains Silent

Post by Liska » Wed May 15, 2013 7:16 pm

OH! Yeah. Now I see it... thanks !

The Scrub
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by The Scrub » Wed May 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Vertigo wrote:http://www.goblinscomic.com/04282007/

This is the page that had me confused. When Chief fell the whapp sound effect was light green.
It's the magical backpack of +DC to balance checks created by an evil dire half-halfling sorceror-bard who had a green IME before getting eaten by a plant.

Knucklekraken
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Knucklekraken » Thu May 16, 2013 4:00 am

That's actually a really good catch. I wonder if it's a mistake.