Nov 7, 2017 - Say What?

Discuss the comic here!
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Nov 7, 2017 - Say What?

Post by WearsHats » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:27 pm

Hmm. Not the epic battle I was expecting. I guess that was a minor monster, not a warped kilk or pit demon or anything.

Thunt says next update is back to the GAP.

Also, there will be a big announcement tomorrow about the animated series.

http://goblinscomic.com/comic/thwap
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Nov 7, 2017 - Say What?

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:35 am

Well, at least he's not all MinMax-y (early version at least) and asking if they at least got full XP for the encounter, since the monster fled. :lol:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:17 am

I liked the world building with the Suck Badger, but I think that the dialogue regarding Bowst's curse was unnecessary.

Centurion13
Remains Silent

Post by Centurion13 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:18 pm

Aaaaand the surpise announcement? They've moved the animated funding from a place (Kickstarter) where if you fail your goal, you don't get no monies - to a place where you can (IndieGoGo).

They have no plan beyond pizza table talk, their funding projections show zero research, Hunt can't or won't keep any kind of schedule, and you fans have already been ripped off twice (Temps Fate final page, anyone? CCG? No? Hmmmm...).

Who wants to bet they take the money and run? And you never see a single cell of animation. Any takers? I'm looking to make some bread on this debacle too, you know.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:12 pm

That's a load of crap. Yes, Indiegogo allows flexible funding. But they're not doing that. It will still be a fixed funding campaign. They're moving because Indiegogo has promised them better support and publicity, to help bring in more backers.

Thunt has spent the last four years working at his own expense to make up for Evertide having taken the money and run. Including from him. Matt and Phil are experienced professionals with reputations to maintain if they want to keep working.
 ! Message from: WearsHats
Your baseless mudslinging is not welcome here. These false personal attacks violate forum rules. Consider yourself warned.
"Notice:"
More generally: While I mentioned the announcement in passing in the original post, this thread is for discussion of the current comic page. Discussion of the animated series campaign belongs in that thread. (Spurious accusations are not allowed there, either.)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:26 pm

Centurion13 wrote:Temps Fate final page
Krulle wrote: From twitter:
https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/928001238003789824?s=17 wrote:Here's a thing. This is not today's Goblins update. This is a thing.
► Show Spoiler

AXIS
Of Few Words

Post by AXIS » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:20 am

I know Thunt thinks he's being clever and "world building" by having multiple characters say things like "sonovacrap" and "scwillion" and so on.

Just feels like it would work better to have those kinds of things are character specific quirks, not society level common phrases,

When you read it, it doesn't feel like world-building, it feels like an author who doesn't know how to make his characters sound different and have their own voice.

And Thunts better than that.

But *shrugs*

What do I know.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:26 am

Centurion13 wrote:fans have already been ripped off twice (Temps Fate final page, anyone?
RocketScientist already gave you the link to the first tweet.

I'll quote the rest here too:
@[color=re]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:Before the anger comes, let me say that this Tempts page is not going to ask for money. It's a small update on how he's doing.
@[color=re]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:There's more coming, and I have no plans to colour these. :)

You Kickstarter/IndieGoGo rant has also been rebuffed already, and you could've had it easier doing so in the Goblins:Animated thread, instead of in a comic update page.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:44 am

I'm honestly surprised that Thunt went for KS in the first place, after he had such a hard time getting the backer list from them after the Evertide incident.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:22 pm

I bet the guy who took Thunt's money and ran is laying broke in an alley somewhere by now...

As for today's page... Ward's right, Bowst. Might want to stop triggering that curse until you knock yourself unconscious and fall into the pit...
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

throwaway
Remains Silent

Post by throwaway » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:34 pm

WearsHats wrote:That's a load of crap. Yes, Indiegogo allows flexible funding. But they're not doing that. It will still be a fixed funding campaign. They're moving because Indiegogo has promised them better support and publicity, to help bring in more backers.

Thunt has spent the last four years working at his own expense to make up for Evertide having taken the money and run. Including from him. Matt and Phil are experienced professionals with reputations to maintain if they want to keep working.

He does have a point though. Take it from someone who really never gave a single flying fuck about Thunt personally or all the stupid drama that surrounds him, and only ever cared about the free webcomic thing: dude seems sketchy as fuck. And weird on top of it.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:58 pm

[mod="WearsHats"]Throwaway, I already said that this was off topic here. I also said that personal attacks against forum members are against the rules.
That includes Thunt.

These rules have been made clear. Further violations will have consequences, and making throwaway accounts will not help.

If you're looking for a community that exists just to pat each other on the back for hating things, bouncing negativity back and forth along with bad information,
you can find it elsewhere.
[/mod]

► Show Spoiler

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:59 am

This page is confusing to me. The whole set-up of the encounter seems like a bust from the DM's side...
Ah well, on to the actual klik!
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:30 am

This is a lot of chat, but may lead to Bowst breaking. (remember the forecastings Fumbles gave?)
Nobody on the team went out of their way to help Bowst.
I would be very grumpy in his place too.
And on top of that, he has to punch himself everytime when he uses the word "what". Which is not helpful, when you want to repeat "what" others said when using sarcasm to point out how much they helped him.
And as a reply, he learns that Ward would even love to see him die.

Yes, this Bowstring is now bow-taut. And if you tauten it a bit more, it breaks.

Me fears this page is mainly used to show that the snapping is imminent.
And it may lead to Forgath getting into serious trouble (as if falling from a bridge was no serious trouble), hence Fumbles is so sorry for Minmax.

Matney X
Whispers Softly

Post by Matney X » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:24 am

1) I'm with AXIS about the Schwillion thing, but I really like that everyone says "Sonofacrap." Maybe I just don't like Schwillion. :p

2) I'm surprised "throwaway" is the first throwaway account...

3) I kind of [read: really] hate Bowst. I don't know why Idle has stuck with him as long as she has, as all he does is complain and "woe is me!" If he breaks in the next page, I won't shed a single tear when Forgath shoves him into the hole. He's really going to need some major character growth for his eventual demise to matter, IMO.

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:02 pm

If he dies before meeting Minmax and MM isn't the one to kill him, I'll be quite sad.

someone
Whispers Softly

Post by someone » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:14 am

Bowst has to die.
Narrative dictates it.

Forgath then has to do his curse duty adding to the tension that is forgath in love but with a goblin girl.

That might even be the love fueling hate prophecy part that everyone thinks is tailored to minmax and kin (wouldn't that be a nice Thunt-Style twist?)

If that happens: remember someone called it!

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:49 pm

someone wrote:Bowst has to die.
Narrative dictates it.

Forgath then has to do his curse duty adding to the tension that is forgath in love but with a goblin girl.

That might even be the love fueling hate prophecy part that everyone thinks is tailored to minmax and kin (wouldn't that be a nice Thunt-Style twist?)

What goblin girl?

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:56 pm

Xavier78 wrote:
someone wrote:Bowst has to die.
Narrative dictates it.

What goblin girl?
Someone is talking about Idle. She isn't a goblin, but was partially cursed to look like one. Plus rabbit.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:48 pm

I thought she was an elf. If you go back to where Fumbles nearly kills the elf girl, you can see that elf ears look similar to goblin ears.

► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:51 am

WearsHats wrote:I thought she was an elf. If you go back to where Fumbles nearly kills the elf girl, you can see that elf ears look similar to goblin ears.
Idle is an Elf. panel 4. That should end the discussion.
(Although the rest of the page will fire any discussions up, because apparently the Cursewalk changed her more than just some visible Ears. - So, please discuss away.)

someone
Whispers Softly

Post by someone » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:46 am

Yeah, okay... Elf that looks Goblin-ish...
The point is: its again unconventional, interspecies love.
And for a stereotypical dwarf an elf seems almost as unlikely to fall in love as a goblin.
The point stands still valid: love triangle that gets resolved as bowst breaks, or he breaks because of it. is the love that fuels hate.

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:56 am

I honestly, genuinly have no idea what you are trying to argue here.
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:00 pm

He thinks that Bowst is in love with Idle.
He guesses, that because Forgath and Idle are imtellectually such a better match, Forgath might take over the duty of "daily sex" with Idle (one of he curses).
He guesses that this love between Idle and Forgath fuels hate of Bowst on Forgath, and that this leads to Bowstring breaking.

Would be a very different resolve ofmthe forecasts that previous suggestions on this forum.

I'll see if someone is correct...

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:24 pm

So I've been wrong before, but at this it is very hard for me to buy that the serpent prophecy doesn't refer to Kin and Minmax. I know that prophecy always turns out to mean the opposite of what it seems to mean, but not only does the prophecy seem to have been fulfilled, Fumbles said it directly to Minmax then said he was so sorry. Was he apologizing for the pain Minmax will feel when Forgath kills Bowst? And if Forgath kills Bowst over a love triangle, would that be an unreliable bowstring? Hmm.
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.