june 21st "Seriously how should I know?"

Discuss the comic here!
miados
Of Few Words

june 21st "Seriously how should I know?"

Post by miados » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:53 pm

I didn't see a first post up yet so I am hoping I didnt notice it but first comic is up. I dont know how to find the perm link so I'll add once I do know but all I can say is i hope fumbles gained lots of extra health during all his adventuring level ups.

http://www.goblinscomic.org/06212017-2/
Last edited by miados on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RG2Cents
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: june 21st "Seriously how should I know?"

Post by RG2Cents » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:59 pm

Wish I could help you out, but I am far too new to this forum to know how to permalink. I will say that I'm worried about Fumbles. I want him to go for it, but 5! If he survives, he's gonna be a force to be reckoned with... :shock:

TheSedated
Of Few Words

Post by TheSedated » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:28 pm

Fumbles was aiming for six and I guess he'll get six. They don't know what to do next. Even Thac0 doesn't seem to know it, whicv leaves some time for at least another one to appear until they figure it out. But strange... I always considered Thac0 roughly the same age as Y&B and even if she's older, I don't think she would have been made teller through a dangerous ceremony as a youngling. So Thac0 should know what to do. Or I'm just overthinking the scene and he's stunned by the five imprints. But Fumbles will survive. If he won't, the GAP is pretty much screwed or saved by some deus ex machina (possibly Kore's curse ended when the Axe of Prissan broke?). I really don't want to see Fumbles die in this moment

Btw... it took me two or three comics to get used to the new colorist, but this page is another example of great coloring. I just love it.

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:25 pm

Tofu
Is Heard Often

Post by Tofu » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:28 pm

And I count five in the window, A green, a Blue, a Red, a Yellow and a White.

Yellow has weird hands all liquid and floppy.
Red has weird ears, all liquid and floppy
Green has weird jaw, all liquid and absent with being fused to it's chest,
Blue has weird hair, all liquid and cascading everywhere.
White is the oddest of all, from he eyes down, it's amorphous and liquid. It is hard to see exactly what is happening there.
Last edited by Tofu on Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tofu
Is Heard Often

Post by Tofu » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:30 pm

Panels 6 and 7 show MinMax headbutting the flea demon with his IME - have I got that right? I think I have it right. Otherwise it's the force of MinMax's bad breath that is making the flea demon's face shatter.

miados
Of Few Words

Post by miados » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:59 pm

for some reason the yellow one makes me think of a younger thaco. if the ime were different for these five i would suspect it was connected to the living members of the clan. the 4 in the gap and dies.

although they each seem to have some flowing water body bit. yellow hands/arms, red and blue ears, white eyes and green mouth/cheeks. all those things seem to be hanging etc.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:37 pm

If the new one isn't already appearing in the portal.
These five don't seem to be hanging around the portal anymore, they don't want to be eaten by the flea demons while Fumbles does nothing. They seem to be charging forward towards Fumbles, for him to embrace them.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:00 am

It took me a few lookthroughs to get what happened. At first I thought Fumbles was hitting the demon in the second frame, not the other way around. And it took me a while to realize that MinMax comes aid Complains. At first I thought he just murdered the one he was fighting by himself before.

I'm kinda disappointed he offed it with a headbutt. There have been far to few "ways to kill a man using only my thumb" from MinMax.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Bapuvitttssf
Of Few Words

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:01 am

So, is that green spirit the one of Y&B? Her left eye was closed / disabled; that spirit's eye too.
Also her mouth was sort of melted open when Forgath killed her.
(Her IME was green too.)

AXIS
Of Few Words

Post by AXIS » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:14 am

Sweet update, and midweek surprise too

Dustin_S
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Dustin_S » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:35 am

You can do it fumbles!

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:39 am

I get the impression that Thumbles might get just enough xp from the deamon fight, on top of the amount he already got, to get his huge amount of classes to level 1, not only fractions of 1. As far as I recall he started with 7 classes with 1/7th of a level. Maybe Thunt would only grant a level up whenever one of those levels reaches an integer value? Some of the others have already been said to be at least level 4 if not 5. Maybe several are already on 6 now without it being mentioned. Maybe Fumbles got a huge amount of roleplaying xp for running straight into the city leading to him being tortured and so on. So I can imagine him being close to the xp for 7 levels, meaning short before going from 7 times 6/7th level to 7 levels, jumping from level 1 to level 7 right away - even if it was only regarding his hitpoints.

So far Thunt surprised us almost every time, despite us making so many guesses it had covered almost every possibility, which shows what a great storyteller he is. I wouldn't count on my idea happening, but it would be great for Fumbles.
:zzz:

TheSedated
Of Few Words

Post by TheSedated » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:16 am

Fumbles didn't take 7, but 11 classes. But I think he took at least 1 level in a designated class, iirc. Somewhere around that "I declare my dodge on you"-thing back theneven before they went to Brassmoon. Also from Brassmoon he should be a little bit lower in level than the others, because they did most of the fighting while Fumbles was tied up. Maybe they all got the same amount of XP for Brassmoon? But as Fumbles should at least be level 4 to 5, he should be a lot stronger than the other goblin fortune tellers, which means his chances to sirvive are a bit higher.

Rooks
Speaks Quietly

Post by Rooks » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:00 am

You don't know what to do? C'mon now. You get up there and kick some teller ass! However this "embrace" works, you roll a natural 20 and then get prepared to own Kore when he comes sauntering through the door.

Sorry... I'm just excited about the prospect of Kore finally getting his.

Scoshan
Mutters to Themself

Post by Scoshan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:56 am

Hey, I'm sure plenty people are.:)

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:09 am

If my theory about the demon existing in 4+ spatial dimensions has any merit, smashing its visible "head" may not be enough to kill it.

Hope Fumbles has the sense to keep that invincibility cloak on long enough to embrace the six spirits. That seems fairly obviously where this is going.
Generic wrote:I'm kinda disappointed he offed it with a headbutt. There have been far to few "ways to kill a man using only my thumb" from MinMax.
"I am no man!" --Flea Demon

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:16 am

I don't think we know what that cloak is yet... It's not the pain cloak anyway.

The last flea demon died just fine it seems, but if anything I'd guess there might just be so many of them waiting in the wings that the point is largely moot.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:05 pm

Rooks wrote:You don't know what to do? C'mon now. You get up there and kick some teller ass! However this "embrace" works, you roll a natural 20 and then get prepared to own Kore when he comes sauntering through the door.
Issue is, we know the next critical throw will be a one. So not a twenty...
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:12 pm

So Awkward Silence, with six imprints, is apparently a myth. It is considered to be impossible apparently. 2 is getting there without being too worried about dying, a risk worth taking. So what is the scale here?

My guess:
1. Pretty much safe.
2. Not too dangerous, but not powerful.
3. You need to be strong, probably high wisdom, to succeed.
4. Dangerous, likely to die, but pretty powerful.
5. The hardest one that is still possible to survive. Very small chance of survival, only someone very cocky or foolish would attemt this. The latter not really being in line with a high Wisdom stat. So most likely for a narcissistic, strong willed goblin. Maybe Duv if she had been a teller instead of a chief?
6. Mythical. Basically cannot be done.
Everything else: guaranteed death.
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

AXIS
Of Few Words

Post by AXIS » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:38 pm

thinkslogically wrote:I don't think we know what that cloak is yet... It's not the pain cloak anyway.

The last flea demon died just fine it seems, but if anything I'd guess there might just be so many of them waiting in the wings that the point is largely moot.
We do know what it is, just not exactly how sure its bonuses might differ from the game

https://mobile.twitter.com/Thunt_Goblin ... 2266153985

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:41 pm

I only see five imprints... you just know deep down Fumbles is waiting for that 6th...

He'll survive, too. Because it's a better story that way. Though I -could- see him being blown to smithereens when he tries to absorb all those souls...
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

quixotecoyote
Remains Silent

Post by quixotecoyote » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:54 pm

Has anyone already guessed the Minmax takes the hit for Fumbles and becomes the new Goblin Teller? Cause if not, I'm calling it.

AXIS
Of Few Words

Post by AXIS » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:09 pm

quixotecoyote wrote:Has anyone already guessed the Minmax takes the hit for Fumbles and becomes the new Goblin Teller? Cause if not, I'm calling it.
Hmm good call, I could totally see that happening (asssuming it's magically possible for a non-goblin to take it).

While it offers interesting story ideas, and would bind MM to the group, I really was kinda hoping for Fumbles to finally be able to make some kind of impact on the story though other than as a victim. So I'd really like to see him get the power-up.

quixotecoyote
Remains Silent

Post by quixotecoyote » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:55 pm

AXIS wrote:
quixotecoyote wrote:Has anyone already guessed the Minmax takes the hit for Fumbles and becomes the new Goblin Teller? Cause if not, I'm calling it.
Hmm good call, I could totally see that happening (asssuming it's magically possible for a non-goblin to take it).

While it offers interesting story ideas, and would bind MM to the group, I really was kinda hoping for Fumbles to finally be able to make some kind of impact on the story though other than as a victim. So I'd really like to see him get the power-up.
How about WITH Fumbles and the magic is so confused by what the hell is going on they split the power. Cements the Fumble/Minmax teamup