Delayed updates

Discuss the comic here!
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Delayed updates

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:51 am

WorldWarIV wrote:I really got to stop coming here every Monday. I'm almost always disappointed.
Wow. What a newsflash. It's going to change my life so much that I have this bit of information. Thanks for sharing. /sarcasm off.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

WorldWarIV
Mutters to Themself

Post by WorldWarIV » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:17 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:
WorldWarIV wrote:I really got to stop coming here every Monday. I'm almost always disappointed.
Wow. What a newsflash. It's going to change my life so much that I have this bit of information. Thanks for sharing. /sarcasm off.
I posted a sarcastic comment in answer to yours earlier and I'd like to apologize for that. I edited it because I really don't want to have that type of discussion. I understand that you're tired of seeing that argument, but it really does disappoint me when Tarol doesn't stick to the schedule he announced. That's all I wanted to say ;)

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:12 am

You can subscribe to the comic's RSS feed here and be notified whenever a new one comes out. If you're on Chrome I suggest using The RSS Aggregator extension (here) to subscribe.

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:28 am

It's a natural response. Glad you are excited enough to check every Monday anyway though. I do the same, and I too am dissappointed every time there isn't an update on Monday. Nowadays, it's just more of a "meh" kind of response though. Hunt's radio silence about the updates really helps me to not be bothered too much when it isn't there. It'll be there when it'll get there.
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

AXIS
Of Few Words

Post by AXIS » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:38 pm

I must admit I was expecting Thunt after a couple of weeks of "late comics" to get one out on Monday.

But I guess until these complicated bone demons and fight scenes end we should recalibrate expectations for 2-3 week comics.

cj95
Remains Silent

Post by cj95 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:55 am

Sigh.....

I love Goblins...have for years.....but seriously frak this darn card game that keeps the story from going forward.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:02 am

In fairness it's not just the card game, there's something else he's been working on that he's keeping as a surprise. I'm VERY excited for it, even though it's a very long term project.

Shardstorm
Of Few Words

Post by Shardstorm » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:54 pm

Brutal honesty party! I'm not excited for it, unless it's being done by someone else. Cos if it's Thunt, it'll be another project that he won't be able to manage/juggle and won't deliver on for who knows how long. Much hype, minimal follow through beyond glimpses, and more frustration than anything else. G:AR would have been great when it was announced and my friends were still playing Munchkin style games. Now that ship is sailed, we pretty much just do D&D Homebrew and the occasional Pandemic night, and suddenly I'm not sure I'll buy it, or possibly only as a novelty.
- ANZ based gamer and reader.

Yasahiro
Remains Silent

Post by Yasahiro » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:23 pm

Well I think I broke the website. I just go to check if it updated and I see this.

*Hacker's Voice* I'm in.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:22 am

They are working on thesite.
Overnight they tried to update the site.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:It looks like the repaired, functional website is going live tonight. I'll keep you posted.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:The site is switched over to a new system that should end all those errors. I expect some bug fixing over the next 24 hours.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:Please tweet any problems you have to me. Thank you.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:46 am

I am satisfied with the update schedule. The good thing about Thunt having a nervous breakdown which delayed updates for a solid three years - everything else looks good by comparison.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:24 pm

Read outsider. Every other update schedule looks fantastic by that comparison....

WorldWarIV
Mutters to Themself

Post by WorldWarIV » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:16 am

Glemp wrote:You can subscribe to the comic's RSS feed here and be notified whenever a new one comes out. If you're on Chrome I suggest using The RSS Aggregator extension (here) to subscribe.
Thanks!

So, is today going to be the day?

Dariune
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Dariune » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:58 am

Unfortunately not. Fingers crossed for next Monday.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:27 pm

WorldWarIV wrote:
Glemp wrote:You can subscribe to the comic's RSS feed here and be notified whenever a new one comes out. If you're on Chrome I suggest using The RSS Aggregator extension (here) to subscribe.
Thanks!
Off topic I know, but I swear not enough people use RSS...I forget about Goblins and Grrl Power and Girl Genius and Slightly Damned etc all the time, and let the extension tell me so I'm up to date and don't really miss the absence.

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:47 pm

Glemp wrote:Off topic I know, but I swear not enough people use RSS...I forget about Goblins and Grrl Power and Girl Genius and Slightly Damned etc all the time, and let the extension tell me so I'm up to date and don't really miss the absence.
Never saw the point of RSS. I remember when people started to tout it as a feature, but I was fine checking for updates manually; it never seemed like any unreasonable degree of effort to actually *go looking* for something I cared about.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:08 pm

When starting a PC, it loads my lists of bookmarks.
I can open X comicpages with one click on "open all in tabs".
Works as fine, with less effort of setting up an RSS....

j-prime
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by j-prime » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:55 am

Krulle wrote:When starting a PC, it loads my lists of bookmarks.
I can open X comicpages with one click on "open all in tabs".
Works as fine, with less effort of setting up an RSS....
Not sure that's such a great idea if, like me, you have 154 entries bookmarked in your browser's Webcomics folder.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:24 pm

I sorted them according to daily, twice a week, and once a week, (+every now and then)
And I forced myself to limit myself to no more than 20, as I read them at work...

But most comics don't hold me anymore, so I quit them anyway.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:12 pm

Patreon patrons can read the penciled version of the next page now. It was posted about 8 hours ago.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

AXIS
Of Few Words

Post by AXIS » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:25 pm

Whew, that's good news WearsHats. Thanks for the headsup.

Glad we don't have another week of no comic

Banderwock
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Banderwock » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:33 am

Krulle wrote:Read outsider. Every other update schedule looks fantastic by that comparison....
Ha! I read that one about a year ago, and have seen... one? two? ...live updates since. Oh well, there was one recently, if there's another within a few weeks I'll move it (Outsider) back to the "active" section of my RSS. (Other somewhat irregulars for me: Dark Science, Necropolis, and the weird/funny Dragon's Burn). But my favorite show is Venture Bros, so I've been forced to learn some patience.

I came to point out what I thought was a problem with the RSS feed, but I checked things and realized Thunt had just gone ahead and split the comic/blog feeds, as he mentioned a while ago. Thanks for the link to the new one Glemp.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:52 am

If you remember only so few updates, you may have missed the total shock of the forumites there....
4 updates in May, 2 in June, 1 in July......
That's about half of all updates I've seen "live", and I've been around the forum there for 2 years. I joined shortly after page 103, and now it's at page 119. After exceptional efforts last November, and this May.....
(but then, I've been told that the updates often come in waves. Whenever a new setting (change of scenes) requires a lot of modeling, update time is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG, but once the modeling is done, you can expect a series of pages in rather quick succession. So I'm more or less hoping for mroe wall of text than new visual scenes...)

But it's still semi-active only. Also previews mostly moved from the forum to patreon, so I cannot really estimate how far the next page is.
But Arioch finished a large project, and hopes he can come a bit better back to Outsider than before.
► Show Spoiler

Banderwock
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Banderwock » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:05 am

Krulle wrote:If you remember only so few updates, you may have missed the total shock of the forumites there....
4 updates in May, 2 in June, 1 in July......
That's about half of all updates I've seen "live", and I've been around the forum there for 2 years. I joined shortly after page 103, and now it's at page 119. After exceptional efforts last November, and this May.....
(but then, I've been told that the updates often come in waves. Whenever a new setting (change of scenes) requires a lot of modeling, update time is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG, but once the modeling is done, you can expect a series of pages in rather quick succession. So I'm more or less hoping for mroe wall of text than new visual scenes...)

But it's still semi-active only. Also previews mostly moved from the forum to patreon, so I cannot really estimate how far the next page is.
But Arioch finished a large project, and hopes he can come a bit better back to Outsider than before.
► Show Spoiler
Hahaha, that hidden page is pretty funny. I did see the updates this year, had forgotten there was actually a good little bunch there.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:35 pm

:)

Anyway, just went up:
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:This Monday's page is up for my Patrons. (Not yet coloured)