May 1st, 2017 - I scream, You scream, We all scream...

Discuss the comic here!
Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

May 1st, 2017 - I scream, You scream, We all scream...

Post by Wolfie » Mon May 01, 2017 1:04 pm

for SOULS!

http://www.goblinscomic.org/05012017-2/

Ok then. Fumbles wants to be powerful. Names isn't all that great with words, and Demons can sense souls through all those walls. We also have two party members down and one is a bit tied up at the moment. This could redefine interesting :lol:
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Re: May 1st, 2017 - I scream, You scream, We all scream...

Post by RocketScientist » Mon May 01, 2017 1:10 pm

We have bad timing.

Rooks
Speaks Quietly

Post by Rooks » Mon May 01, 2017 1:12 pm

Going to be interesting when Kore shows up and has to figure out which "demon" to kill first.

EDIT: I'm going to sadly admit that just today I realized that Vorpal's forehead carving reads "MONSTER". Why did I never notice that before?

Belzera
Mutters to Themself

Post by Belzera » Mon May 01, 2017 1:15 pm

Rooks wrote:Going to be interesting when Kore shows up and has to figure out which "demon" to kill first.

EDIT: I'm going to sadly admit that just today I realized that Vorpal's forehead carving reads "MONSTER". Why did I never notice that before?
You probably did, just suppressed that fact.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Mon May 01, 2017 1:20 pm

Belzera wrote:
Rooks wrote:Going to be interesting when Kore shows up and has to figure out which "demon" to kill first.

You probably did, just suppressed that fact.
Depending on how THunt draws Fumbles' face, it can be hard to see that the scars form a word. Also, if you're a recent reader, you may have skimmed through the portion of the comic that drew a lot of attention to it.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Belzera
Mutters to Themself

Post by Belzera » Mon May 01, 2017 1:35 pm

Wolfie wrote:Depending on how THunt draws Fumbles' face, it can be hard to see that the scars form a word. Also, if you're a recent reader, you may have skimmed through the portion of the comic that drew a lot of attention to it.
Skim! Skim! SKIM! BURN THE HERETICS

Hmmm, I guess I can see that point, although admittedly seems a bit weird to skim a webcomic, but hey ho to each their own.

I also guess once you know it says monster its not easy to see it as anything but Monster.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Mon May 01, 2017 1:45 pm

Belzera wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Depending on how THunt draws Fumbles' face, it can be hard to see that the scars form a word. Also, if you're a recent reader, you may have skimmed through the portion of the comic that drew a lot of attention to it.

Hmmm, I guess I can see that point, although admittedly seems a bit weird to skim a webcomic, but hey ho to each their own.

I also guess once you know it says monster its not easy to see it as anything but Monster.
HAHAHA! Yeah... Some people, not me, but some people read full archives in a single day or over several days for really long comics, which would mean that some skimming would be required, even if it is just skimming of the pictures.

SirButcher
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by SirButcher » Mon May 01, 2017 2:02 pm

Wolfie wrote:
Belzera wrote:

HAHAHA! Yeah... Some people, not me, but some people read full archives in a single day or over several days for really long comics, which would mean that some skimming would be required, even if it is just skimming of the pictures.
And thats why you have to read the whole stuff at least ten times. Not like I did it, I just heard someone else did such a thing. I would never, ever re-read the whole comic like once in every two or three months. I would never do such a thing. It would be very geeky thing to do. :paranoia:

Eaglem
Remains Silent

Post by Eaglem » Mon May 01, 2017 2:05 pm

So.... Is anyone else worried that now we have an awesome "sonofacrap" moment we will switch to Forgath....

I can't wait to check in with him it's just.... all the tension! XD

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon May 01, 2017 2:28 pm

Dang, we all forgot that the flea demon is attracted by souls, and they just summoned many teller "soul imprints"....
They seem to attract the flea demon as well....

Dang!

Now these soul imprints will RUN for the new teller.
Also: is Fumbles wearing "the" coat?
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon May 01, 2017 2:33 pm

I bet this means Fumbles gets his way. He wants multiple imprints, but Complains wants to shut the portal ASAP. With Complains distracted, Fumbles has his chance.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Bapuvitttssf
Of Few Words

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Mon May 01, 2017 3:31 pm

Didn't they get rid of the flea demon previously?
Or was it just disabled for a moment, because it's a demon and it needs to be banned through a ritual or something?

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon May 01, 2017 3:38 pm

You forget, they're -fleas-. There isn't just "one" flea per dog...

And on the "Sacred", there must be thousands...
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Bapuvitttssf
Of Few Words

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Mon May 01, 2017 3:44 pm

Ah, I see, that's not the same demon!
I didn't though about that...

And that would indeed be a "good" time for Kore to show up.

LooksClosely
Whispers Softly

Post by LooksClosely » Mon May 01, 2017 7:20 pm

EDIT: Maybe it's intended for Patreons. I'm happy with that.
Anyone try to make out Complains words in tiny-print on the third panel? I think I see the last line as "to the Goblin God" but I'm really not sure of much.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon May 01, 2017 7:47 pm

That last panel is wicked!
► Show Spoiler

Shadowdweller01
Remains Silent

Post by Shadowdweller01 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:15 pm

I'm rather thinking that the flea demon IS the first imprint...

Rezby
Remains Silent

Post by Rezby » Mon May 01, 2017 9:35 pm

Whats the small text say in the bottom corner of the 3rd panel? I can't read it clearly, but somebody with better eyesight and/or monitor might be able to.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon May 01, 2017 11:25 pm

LooksClosely wrote:EDIT: Maybe it's intended for Patreons. I'm happy with that.
Anyone try to make out Complains words in tiny-print on the third panel? I think I see the last line as "to the Goblin God" but I'm really not sure of much.
Rezby wrote:Whats the small text say in the bottom corner of the 3rd panel? I can't read it clearly, but somebody with better eyesight and/or monitor might be able to.
Patrons might be able to read it when we get the HD page, but...
Thunt_goblins wrote: You're not supposed to be able to read it. It's Complains mumbling the prayer to start the ceremony.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Morgaln
Likes to Contribute

Post by Morgaln » Tue May 02, 2017 3:00 am

Krulle wrote:Dang, we all forgot that the flea demon is attracted by souls, and they just summoned many teller "soul imprints"....
They seem to attract the flea demon as well....

Dang!

Now these soul imprints will RUN for the new teller.
Also: is Fumbles wearing "the" coat?
No, that's not the pain cloak. The pain cloak is blue, this one is black. We see Minmax carrying both of them here. The pain cloak is the blue one over his arm. He's got the black one over his shoulder, but we don't know what that one does because it hasn't been mentioned anywhere.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue May 02, 2017 4:43 am

So, just a ceremonial cloak, then....

I guessed it would not be the pain cloak (especially since Complains of Names used it to wrap up the Axe of Prissan), but I still wondered where this one came from.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue May 02, 2017 5:44 am

Apparently, it's a G:AR card, so we do know something about it.
► Show Spoiler
Kind of reminds me of Fezzik.

Anyway, it's part of the loot Minmax rescued from the explosion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

► Show Spoiler

ASFreefall
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by ASFreefall » Tue May 02, 2017 5:32 pm

Anyone else annoyed that they found out that the wall identifies anything, yet Fumbles didn't bother to check what, exactly, his staff does?

It seems like it could be important to know before you go into a life-or-death ritual.

Rooks
Speaks Quietly

Post by Rooks » Tue May 02, 2017 6:38 pm

Belzera wrote:

I guess I tend to focus more on the text bubbles than the pictures. But like I said, I was disappointed in myself that I didn't notice it until Monday.

Never Finishes Anyth
Mutters to Themself

Post by Never Finishes Anyth » Tue May 02, 2017 9:06 pm

Am I seeing too much into the artwork, or are the soul manifestations in panel 7 forming up into a letter H? For Herbert?