Making a D&D 3.5 Campaing About Reality #088 AKA: OP GOBLINS

Discuss the comic here!
Savager
Remains Silent

Making a D&D 3.5 Campaing About Reality #088 AKA: OP GOBLINS

Post by Savager » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:57 am

Reality #088 [20110211 panel 9][ustream talk, fan writeup]
Minmax and Forgath are the same as in normal universe. Difference is the goblins are "much much much much much much" tougher. Goblins can tear through solid steel with their bare claws (hands are twice the normal size, other appearance is the same), are very fast and almost impossible to damage. Same injuries, just more extreme damage from them (helm and eye). Complains almost took off Minmax's head. Scars are all over from fighting goblins. MM and Forgath have been on the run constantly, universe all about escaping goblins because "they're a'coming." They still have warcamps, but formed from overpopulation as goblins have no predators. Brassmoon not budding metropolis, it's very combat oriented spending all it's resources to stay alive from goblins. Need all their money for city defense and stuff, very little in way of replacement armor. Won't say who owns axe, but demon escaped the axe and goblins destroyed him by ganging up on him. Didn't seek out goblins, stumbled upon them. Would be stupid to seek them out, but they're everywhere. Not a fair universe to play D&D in. Only other creatures because goblins desire it to be so.
I want to make a campaign setting in this world for D&D 3.5. I was thinking of making different goblins based in age and position, like an older goblin would be a lot more powerful than a young one, also maybe some exceptional ones would grow into medium size.
Goblins can tear through solid steel with their bare claws (hands are twice the normal size, other appearance is the same)
About their claws, a claw for a small humanoid its (1d4), but since it says its double the size it would be medium (1d6).
are very fast and almost impossible to damage.
Very fast it would mean an upgrade from +2 dex maybe to +4 Dex, Str must be +0, Con +0.
Impossible to damage, it must refer to natural armor (i dont think they would have DR right?). I was thinking in something between +4 for baby goblins, +7 for young ones like the GAP, and +11 for older ones like Thaco (the idea is taken from the green dragon natural AC grow).

What ideas do you have to share with this? Its there any more information to help me make this campaing happen? Maybe add something im missing?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Making a D&D 3.5 Campaing About Reality #088 AKA: OP GOB

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:39 pm

I like the idea, but I'm much more familiar with 5e than 3.5, so not sure if I'd be much help.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler