Feb 13 2017 - What?

Discuss the comic here!
Nobody
Remains Silent

Re: Feb 13 2017 - What?

Post by Nobody » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:32 pm

Caltera wrote:So, now the full background is covered with hell "thing" and names is fully transformed into a demon.
I don't think Names is actually fully transformed. He doesn't look quite horrifying enough since they look freaky to terrify their prey to get the max amount of fear out of them. Though he does seem to be becoming the same kinda demon who the DM sent to tell the player characters to cool it way at the beginning. Wonder he'll eventually get a pair of wings out of it.

Real question is, if names does fully transform, will his alignment shift to Chaotic Evil automatically?

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:17 am

Since Hunt doesn't hold true to alignments of creatures, I doubt it. But it might very well become a conflict. His desire to hurt others might increase, food might start tasting bad to him, while he discovers that hurting other creatures during fights provide him with sustenance. Who knows.
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:56 am

Oh, I'll say its far from over.

If we look at Names now, and look at the "shield thing" that stung him On this page middle panel

I think ve can assume he is turning into to a Pitfiend like not Walter

He has the horns now, the head and chest scales and the jaw spikes are starting to show. Lastly, his eyes has now changed into a white pupil free image...
But he is still missing wings, body scales in general and has yet to gain size.

So yeah... Some way to go yet...
-Best regards LAYF

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:11 am

Are things delayed for reasons? Fingers crossed delays are benign and not anything else.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:26 am

His twitter feed yesterday just said "later today"

Then he wrote dentist...

Heck, while I wrote this, the new page went up!
http://www.goblinscomic.org/02272017/

Gonna finish this post anyway:
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:So that dental surgery I've been whining about, just got bumped up to tomorrow. Apparently it's a unique and severe case that needs fixing.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:They asked for permission to document everything for other dentists to check out. The bone up to my nose is being removed and replaced. :/
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:Local anesthetic. This is gonna suuuuuuuuck.
[image of batman with caption "I don't want this"]
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:BTW, they're going to have to replace the bone in my face with HUMAN BONE! Yup. I'll be 'part dead person'. I will technically be undead.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:I will have a team of dentists around me. If not one of them makes an "IN YO FACE!" joke, they will have missed a rare opportunity.
Edit. this one came in 8min after "boop":
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:Kinda freaked out about surgery tomorrow. Gonna take some pics of my face tonight, 'just in case' it's different after this.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:27 pm

Well, that is a relief, I was concerned and did not want to voice my concerns. Thanks for being on top of things @krule and able to post a reassuring explanation of what the circumstances of Tarol's life is at the moment.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:05 am

Then I'll update you a bit more:
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:I'm back from today's dentist appointment. This one wasn't as bad as I thought.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:MY DENTIST: Right now, you've got about $800 worth of bone matter behind your upper lip. ME: Geez, who's bones did I get, David Bowie's?!
yeah, Human bones are expensive. Alone the preparation of the bone will make it that expensive. Whoever donated the bone did get nothing in return, the 800$ all go to the companies getting the bone out, cleaning and preparing it, and delivering it to your dentist. I imagine a bone from Bowie would attract bids beyond the 10k$ (if he consented to that, if he consented to donate without further information, it'll be donated anonymously, so you'll never know if you got Bowie's or MJackson's bone. Or from the beggar under the bridge that froze two weeks ago. (all three are unlikely to be accepted as donors, due to previous operations and according risks involved; due to drugs and according risks involved, due to general unhealthy elements due to lifestyle and according risks involved.)
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards