Feb 13 2017 - What?

Discuss the comic here!
Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Feb 13 2017 - What?

Post by Wolfie » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:42 pm

Um... Wow. I wonder if Complains is speaking abyssal/infernal now.

Link: http://www.goblinscomic.org/02132017-2/
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Re: Feb 13 2017 - What?

Post by Mereneth » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:46 pm

I was seconds away from making the post myself but wanted to check the dating format that'd been used. xD

Anyhow, I'm more inclined to believe its because fumbles isn't in negatives and they're contemplating making him the teller and it hasn't dawned on him yet. I don't think complains can be the teller with his demon side.

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:48 pm

On another note, Complains has a hand again already. Its more demonic, but hey, new hand.

seriouszombie
Remains Silent

Post by seriouszombie » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:03 pm

Points of Interest

1. Complains seems to be still talking common, as he was able to reply to Thaco.

2. Complains can now heal limbs which grow back demonic. I wonder if he's immortal unless killed by a holy weapon?

3. Big Ears seems to have lost a hand, also I wonder if the scarring can even be completely healed with standard healing spells.

4. Looks like Fumbles will be the new Fortune Teller, but what is going to happen with Complains? Can he even be the chief while he's a demon? Is his demonness even reversible?

Kinda of funny how Thunt wanted to make Complains' design simpler but all these demonic changes keep making him harder to draw! Love the new look. Thunt once explained that demons are horrific looking to torture their victims, I wonder if they change their look by self-mutilating and regenerating their limbs in a new demonic way?

EDIT: Also I'm surprised Complains isn't trying to kill MinMax for setting off that trap, I would've thought that he'd be pissed at everyone getting hurt.

MaxtheGreat&Terrible
Remains Silent

Post by MaxtheGreat&Terrible » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:40 pm

But what needs to be addressed is that this will put "Senor Vorpal Kickasso" in charge of naming younglings. I approve.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:19 pm

I took the "what"? as Fumbles being 1/11th of every class so he "has some healing ability", myself. I forget what he leveled as...
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:57 am

Lacking permalink again... ;)

The transcription:
http://www.goblinscomic.org/02132017/ wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Tally: currently:
Complains of Names: just so within positive
Big Ears: stabilized at -9
Thaco: stabilized at -4
Fumbles (Senor Vorpal Kickass'o): somewhere positive
Minmax: positive

Now's a good time for that Dwarf, Kore, to catch up to this group. :(
Drama just like Shakespeare: When it's bad, it gets worse.
Last edited by Krulle on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

jbrecken
Whispers Softly

Post by jbrecken » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:36 am

Maybe Vorpal will name Maxo the new chief, since they're buddies and he's already got the eye thing.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:56 am

Krulle wrote:Lacking permalink again... ;)
I was on my phone and couldn't get it for some reason. I'll update it when I get to a computer.. Thanks!

I think the first time anyone responded to complains was at the end of the comic when Fumbles said "what". Otherwise, he was talking around them and to us.

Love the transformation too.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:07 am

Nah, before that he answers Ears question... I don't think he's talking to us at all...
-Best regards LAYF

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:12 am

He does answer the question Fumbles asked, but noone responds to him. Fumbles however is looking in his direction with his eyes wide and mouth open and then says "What".

So Complains is either talking in tongues or Fumbles is wondering why everyone is suddenly staring at him. (Only goblin left standing with positive HP that isn't demonized)

Never Finishes Anyth
Mutters to Themself

Post by Never Finishes Anyth » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:19 am

Is Big Ears missing his glove in panel 12?

The_Colonel
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Colonel » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:11 am

To be fair, in many shamanistic societies, the job of shaman is commonly assigned to people who are some kind of weird... pace old school AD&D* a 'teller doesn't seem to be a shaman, but it would seem appropriate somehow.

*The old 1ED DMG had two types of caster for humanoids: "shamen" (or was it "shamans"?) who were sub-standard clerics and "witch-doctors" who were sub-standard magic-users. "'Teller" as a re-skinned shaman would fit the whole "no class levels for monster species" thing that was playing earlier in the comic.

Shardstorm
Of Few Words

Post by Shardstorm » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:23 pm

There is no reason to think that Complains would lose the ability to speak Common I'd have thought. He can maybe speak Abbysal now, but we've seen other demons speak Common, so it's unlikely there's a restriction there and there's no reason to think he'd lose his memory of the language. It may be that when confronted with a demon he finds out he can talk to it in it's native tongue, but I doubt he's suddenly speaking in Abbysal subconsciously.
Last edited by Shardstorm on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- ANZ based gamer and reader.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:49 pm

Yeah, I'm not getting that out of my reading of the page. Fumbles just doesn't realize he's the only option for teller.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

AJ_Impy
Remains Silent

Post by AJ_Impy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:44 pm

Uhoh.Look at the schmutz on the panel frames. We're at 100%. Breakthrough point. And we have here a demon that just was in direct contact with the Prissan.

brnforce
Speaks Quietly

Post by brnforce » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:45 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:Yeah, I'm not getting that out of my reading of the page. Fumbles just doesn't realize he's the only option for teller.
I agree. It definitely seems like a "Why is everyone looking at me?" sort of thing to me too.

JumpsonStuff
Mutters to Themself

Post by JumpsonStuff » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:50 pm

Didn't Fumbles already take a fraction of a level as Cleric? I can't remember what he multiclassed in other than "EVERYTHING".

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:25 pm

Yes, he was 11 different classes. Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, and Wizard.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Caltera
Mutters to Themself

Post by Caltera » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:45 pm

So, now the full background is covered with hell "thing" and names is fully transformed into a demon. Big ears tells "when it's all ruined, the demon will come forth". Another play on words from thunt, or is the demon really in Names now? The axe seems to have disintegrate, as we see from panel to panel the grey stuff disapearing from names. He seems to asbsorb it with pain as he transform fully to demon

So, is the Sacred now in names that have served as a bridge between the two world, or is the demon to come fort is names fully transformed? And why does he suddenly heals so much if it's not a more powerfull entity to take possession of his body? Damn thunt, several years of mastering, and I learn from your storytelling each time. How I wish I'd knew some DM like you to surprise me ^^
French reader, sorry if my english isn't always OK

French Goblins Traductor

Sidewaysgts
Whispers Softly

Post by Sidewaysgts » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:40 pm

Never Finishes Anyth wrote:Is Big Ears missing his glove in panel 12?
More than a glove. Check panel 8 (and 9).

Never Finishes Anyth
Mutters to Themself

Post by Never Finishes Anyth » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:41 pm

Sidewaysgts wrote:
Never Finishes Anyth wrote:Is Big Ears missing his glove in panel 12?
More than a glove. Check panel 8 (and 9).
Sorry, should have specified -- right hand glove.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:43 pm

Yes, it's missing in the second to last panel, then reappears.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:36 am

brnforce wrote:
spiderwrangler wrote:Yeah, I'm not getting that out of my reading of the page. Fumbles just doesn't realize he's the only option for teller.
I agree. It definitely seems like a "Why is everyone looking at me?" sort of thing to me too.
This!
Caltera wrote:-SNIP-
The axe seems to have disintegrate,
-SNIP-
Nah, it's just not in our point of view I think.
In the last panel you can see A piece under Ears chest.

And if you look Here you'll see the rest behind Names...
-Best regards LAYF

brnforce
Speaks Quietly

Post by brnforce » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:59 pm

Looking at the last panel........ Did Ears grow back his left hand?