3 dec 2016: GobGod's choice

Discuss the comic here!
RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Re: 3 dec 2016: GobGod's choice

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:55 pm

Agreed. Guy Who Rages would not be my first choice for a leader.

I'd choose Thaco. "I'm too old" is absurd. If he flat out refuses, then I'd choose Ears.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:59 pm

It seems to be the way it's going, though.

-this isn't on topic but hey it isn't like many threads are that busy-

Incidentally, while doing a bit of research I re-read some early pages and to be honest, Thunt's art style wasn't that bad in the greyscale days - faces were off and Goblin eyes were disconcertingly big, but look at how detailed Not-Walter coming out of the pit is: http://www.goblinscomic.org/comics/20050717.jpg. Even though he obviously improved later, he used still used shading - in fact, once colours came in it was a while until shading came in again.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:06 am

Plus,he's becoming a Demon.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:12 am

You're judging by human standards. Goblin leaders are the most violent, most powerful goblin in the tribe, best able to protect the base camp and get loot. Other goblins won't respect an elderly goblin in declining health, and certainly they won't respect a do-gooder paladin.

If you want to judge by more sober standards, Senor Vorpal is innovative, takes the initiative, has had the most direct experience with the enemy, is capable of seeing beyond the stereotyping that been getting them into trouble, and is respected for his ability to learn from trauma. He probably has the highest wisdom of all of them at this point.

But I'm fairly sure Complains has already been chosen, so that's probably a pipe dream.
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

0z79
Whispers Softly

Post by 0z79 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:04 pm

ForgetsOldName wrote:You're judging by human standards. Goblin leaders are the most violent, most powerful goblin in the tribe, best able to protect the base camp and get loot. Other goblins won't respect an elderly goblin in declining health, and certainly they won't respect a do-gooder paladin.

If you want to judge by more sober standards, Senor Vorpal is innovative, takes the initiative, has had the most direct experience with the enemy, is capable of seeing beyond the stereotyping that been getting them into trouble, and is respected for his ability to learn from trauma. He probably has the highest wisdom of all of them at this point.

But I'm fairly sure Complains has already been chosen, so that's probably a pipe dream.
Senor Vorpal Kickasso, Wisest of All the World's Fools..

I like the cut of your jib!

SUGauthor
Whispers Softly

Post by SUGauthor » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:01 pm

ForgetsOldName wrote:You're judging by human standards. Goblin leaders are the most violent, most powerful goblin in the tribe, best able to protect the base camp and get loot. They won't respect a do-gooder paladin.
http://www.goblinscomic.org/10122009/

You were saying?

The only goblin who thinks being inherently violent is a requirement for Chief is Duv. Having battle prowess is important, since attacks are basically inevitable, but most goblins would much rather have a chief that brings them peace, not more bloodshed.

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:28 pm

Fumbles should be teller, than he wouldn't be useless.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:12 am

Will s.o. be able to hear it and report back here?
Does Twitch provide an option to record and view previous sessions?

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:48 am

Twitch does record regular streams. However, this particular case is an exception. There's a whole backstory to how we got here, but basically this is semi-spoilery information that someone won as a raffle prize. It's not information Thunt would normally publicly divulge. (The original deal was that you ask the question privately, get the answer privately, and then choose how much, if anything, to tell to anyone.) This story is intended as bonus material for some future book (like the story of Forgath's helmet, or Younglings, or the one about Not-Walter's secret fear). He'll tell the story to anyone who can tune in, and he'll try to schedule it at a time when many people will be able to tune in, but the stream will not be recorded. I don't know the rules about reposting the information, and I don't know if I'll be able to make the stream. The story will, however, probably show up as bonus material at some point down the line.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:53 pm

Thanks, Wears. I know I wo 't be able to, either sleep, work or busy with kids, I can read, but watching/listening video will not be possible...

Well, will be a nice present once my kids are old enough to be able to read/understand English...

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:08 pm

Someone here can PM you afterwards?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:26 pm

Possibly, but if Thunt's rule is "What's in this stream, stays in this stream" I don't want to be the one knowing more, or the one asking s.o. else to break the rule.

Bask in your knowledge, I'll bask in knowing I will not need to bite my tongue so that I don't accidentally disclose future stories...

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:03 am

ForgetsOldName wrote:Goblin leaders are the most violent, most powerful goblin in the tribe, best able to protect the base camp and get loot.
100% of the Cryptic Fall clan leaders since the start of this comic do not fit that description.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:21 am

And we know Chief has never ever been one to go for the throne. He never wanted it, but took it anyhow to prevent a civil war from destroying the clan.