August 9, 2016: The one we cursed

Discuss the comic here!
Gift Fastidious
Whispers Softly

Re: August 9, 2016: The one we cursed

Post by Gift Fastidious » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:38 am

A demonic parasite of another demon? Sounds pretty rad to me, and I can't say it doens't look the part. Though I wonder why they want to find Kore now.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:18 pm

Maybe Maglubiyet is actually True Neutral himself, and his "evil" reputation is just propaganda.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:44 am

Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Never Finishes Anyth
Mutters to Themself

Post by Never Finishes Anyth » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:00 am

Banderwock wrote:Daaaaaaaang. I like toothy, seems nice.
I agree. Demon parasite Toothy is super creepy but does not appear super dangerous. No aggressive movement or speech, carrying no obvious weapon, easy to avoid or outrun.

Just don't let him step on you...

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:56 pm

Krulle wrote:
Liesmith wrote: I wonder if the time-door created an alternate timeline, since no one ever said "MinmaxyouassfaceIhateyou!", even though Minmax has been "dropping" Oblivious many times. Maybe they can go through the door again, avoid breaching the Axe, and we'll get that original timeline back.
http://www.goblinscomic.com/01112014/
and
http://www.goblinscomic.org/03212016-2/

No alternative timeline here, sorry.
Awesome, thanks for the links...I had completely forgotten about that, and I'd been thinking of it backwards (as if the voice was coming form the future, not the past).
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:33 pm

Never Finishes Anyth wrote:
Banderwock wrote:Daaaaaaaang. I like toothy, seems nice.
I agree. Demon parasite Toothy is super creepy but does not appear super dangerous. No aggressive movement or speech, carrying no obvious weapon, easy to avoid or outrun.

Just don't let him step on you...
It looks like it would smash easily. :whack:

Sessine
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Sessine » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:00 pm

Let me register my appreciation here for the fact that the parasite demon's approach is a rhythm:

UNK chitter chitter chitter

So creepy... and at the same time, strangely satisfying.
► Show Spoiler

Someguy
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Someguy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:39 am

Liesmith wrote:Well *this* is a whole pageful of Nope. Teeth form where the parasite walks.

TEETH.

NOPE.
I thought this demonic manifestation was a sick and twisted parody of the Birth of Buddha.

YardMeat
Voices Opinions

Post by YardMeat » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:51 pm

Anyone else starting to think that Kore is covered in teeth under that armor? http://www.goblinscomic.org/01182011-2/

We've been wondering what those white markings under his helmet were for a while now.

Orzahn
Likes Puppies
UStream Username: Orzahn

Post by Orzahn » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:38 am

YardMeat wrote:Anyone else starting to think that Kore is covered in teeth under that armor? http://www.goblinscomic.org/01182011-2/

We've been wondering what those white markings under his helmet were for a while now.
We already know what's under his helmet at least ;) http://www.goblinscomic.org/10242014/
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.

YardMeat
Voices Opinions

Post by YardMeat » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:10 am

Orzahn wrote:
YardMeat wrote:Anyone else starting to think that Kore is covered in teeth under that armor? http://www.goblinscomic.org/01182011-2/

We already know what's under his helmet at least ;) http://www.goblinscomic.org/10242014/
Holy crap, I can't believe I completely forgot about that scene. Has it really been two years?

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:28 am

Not sure if this has been said yet, as I know the Kore theory thread is huge and I haven't read it all, but what if Kore is an amalgamation of all of the paladins who created the axe? It would explain his size, the multiple faces under his mask, and could have been the result of the cursemail it would also explain why only one "core" paladin survived.

JustRight
Eleventy-one
UStream Username: Frank Erickson, M.D.

Post by JustRight » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:49 am

I know the parasite demon is important for plot exposition and all but don't any of our goblins or even Minmax realize how important it is to SMASH THAT THING BEFORE IT FULLY REFORMS!!!

just sayin'
"I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble"
- Sam Spade

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:37 pm

Oh jeez.
Just introduce yourself and ask "them" to do the same.
This and Minmax's knowledge should be sufficient to rule the realm.

Gift Fastidious
Whispers Softly

Post by Gift Fastidious » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:48 pm

Would most demons fall for that or would it be common knowledge among them not to hand out names? I suspect the latter given that the demon god warned Complains-of-Names about it.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:25 am

I would make for some fun if a Demon would fall for this, but seeing how Not-Walther was careful not to disclose his name....

Also, when transcriping, I noticed, the flea demon mentioned the demons cursed Kore.
This reminded me of the last Tempts Fate, where TF gets cursed to live forever, so that the Demon can regrow in the meantime and once he's back torture TF. This sounds very much alike....
They want to take revenge and to make sure Kore survives, they cursed him.