April 12, 2016: How?

Discuss the comic here!
Nerre
Game Master

Re: April 12, 2016: How?

Post by Nerre » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:28 pm

neilcsd wrote:Hey guys not to be rude, but aren't we missing the bigger point?
The giant world beating megavoltron uberdeath demon originally contained in the axe is now free??
Nope, this was one of the most obvious things in the panel. ;)

Also, I have the hope that this mirror creature room might be the best room for the axe to break that might exist, at least if it works with turned around alignments. Cause then the evil demon in the original axe would have a good demon (or call it angle) counterpart in the other axe.
If my hope is wrong, than there might be two evil demons...which would be bad.

But maybe this is over the top in both cases and would be far to powerful for the dungeon room's magic to create.
:zzz:

YardMeat
Voices Opinions

Post by YardMeat » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:53 pm

MapsGroxily wrote:Hi guys, has been a while!

Let's look at what we know:

- They entered a door with eyes on it, and then a door with what appears to be an hourglass on it, then went through a hallway to reach this room.

- There are 5 'demons', one significantly bigger then the rest and all of them showing some traits of the GAP (The red demon's demon claw and hoofed feet, the grey demon's stature, the purple demon's immediate reaction to minmax's voice and using a sword that looks to be grafted to him (like how minmax's sword cannot ever not be in his hand, whenever he tries his future self grabs it) etc.)

- The axe hit the 'fumbles' demon's staff and an explosion occurs, shattering one of the axe's blade and lodging part of it into Complains.

- The axe is now smoking badly and in a worrying way, the final panel has a red hue on it's edges, and the white border for the comic turns yellow (the same tint as his armor no less) and has cracks on the corner of the last panel.

There are two possible outcomes to this i'd be satisfied with:

A. The many doors all lead to the same room but change the challenge within that room, and the initial door you enter also changes the challenge. So entering a nose door and a time door to get to the next room would impose a challenge involving smell and time. In this case, they entered with an eye door and a time door, thus the result is a challenge involving sight and time. In other words, they are either directly fighting themselves but cannot tell due to an illusion, or fighting constructs based on their future selves. The Axe comes into play with the illusion; it's a trick to trip up the team, and may even summon a 'false demon' to really sell home the point. I'm not sure how you'd counter this, and one point against this is that Thaco can still see the demons even with his eyes covered, so either the effect encompasses even that or this fell through.

B. The demon really is about to be released due to a combination of lack of good deeds showered on it, a lot of questionable things done to it (I too put my stock into the whole 'giving it to a half-demon' thing) and all of this made it so fragile that actual combat finally broke it, not so much anything related to the thing it actually hit.
I'd be really disappointed if either of those were true. A would mean that Thunt was messing with us in a way that us truly messed up, even in light of his statement on April Fools Day. As for B, the Axe survived being held by actual evil people. I doubt the extremely minor "questionable" actions of BE have weakened it. Not to mention the fact that this would seriously break continuity. The comic has established that, when the Axe is weakened, it sends out evil vibes so strong that a Paladin's detect evil abilities are automatically triggered (no conscious effort required), and it is enough to cause them extreme pain, to the point of a nose bleed. To suddenly have the Axe weakened without any hint to BE, even when he consciously uses detect evil, would be a complete change of how the Axe works.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:37 am

Did you remember the axe being dropped? Maybe it was not even the real axe the door guardian brought back. Who knows what happened down at the ground of the door tower? Everybody seems to be focused on the broken axe being the real axe of prissan, or the breaking being an illusion too, but there are other possibilities as well.
:zzz:

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:51 pm

Good point.

RUMBLETiGER
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by RUMBLETiGER » Tue May 03, 2016 1:52 pm

New to the forums, hi there.
I haven't seen anyone else comment about this yet, sorry if it's already been mentioned.
Has anyone else noticed the border around the comic chancing between the 4/8/16 and 4/13/16 comic, in the bottom right corner? Little cracks, color fade.
I'd need to go back and scan the rest of the comic, but I don't remember seeing border changes before.

Sessine
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Sessine » Tue May 03, 2016 2:46 pm

RUMBLETiGER wrote:New to the forums, hi there.
I haven't seen anyone else comment about this yet, sorry if it's already been mentioned.
Has anyone else noticed the border around the comic changing between the 4/8/16 and 4/13/16 comic, in the bottom right corner? Little cracks, color fade.
I'd need to go back and scan the rest of the comic, but I don't remember seeing border changes before.
Oh, good catch! I haven't seen anyone else mention it.

It starts with the 04/13/2016 page, as you say: the lower right-hand corner of the white comic border becomes bronzed and cracked. The effect is ominously larger on the 05/02/2016 page.

I don't recall Thunt doing anything like this before.
► Show Spoiler

Shardstorm
Of Few Words

Post by Shardstorm » Tue May 03, 2016 3:20 pm

As quoted here, it was spotted in this comic earlier.
Rndom wrote:I just noticed that the bottom right corner of the image, seems to be cracking and is blending to roughly the same color as the explosion. :shock:
It starts here, http://www.goblinscomic.org/04132016-2/ and continues in the next comic here http://www.goblinscomic.org/05022016-2/

I think that was only added to the second comic with the shading in the last 24 or so hours. So first time we've had a chance to see it continues. Interesting for sure!
- ANZ based gamer and reader.

RUMBLETiGER
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by RUMBLETiGER » Tue May 03, 2016 6:15 pm

Ah, ok, I missed Rndom's post then.

So perhaps the progression of the spreading cracks will give us another timeline/countdown to something significant?

Since it's the border, it really does appear to be the "fabric of reality itself" that is breaking.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed May 04, 2016 12:07 am

Oh, the comic will translate into our real-life world dimension?
Now, that would indeed change the comic forever!

Hence the door.It's dimensional leading to us (or Hollywood?)
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards