22 Oct 2015: Not your business.

Discuss the comic here!
Talos
Pipes Up Sometimes

Re: 21 Oct 2015: Not your business.

Post by Talos » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:28 pm

thesilence wrote:We considered the possibility of Talos's interpretation (that goblin parent-couples default to being loveless, so that an exception is noteworthy). But it also seems plausible to us that this is simply about Complains' perception of his father - perhaps Thaco hasn't spoken of his wife since her death, and Complains always assumed that this meant he was hard-of-heart and no longer cared, or at least had numbed himself completely to the pain of having cared and lost. So the revelation that the love is still there would surprise Complains, because it forces him to re-evaluate how he perceived his father.
That's also possible. I'm not quite sure why, but I'm getting the notion that love itself is a rare quality for the goblins, although by no means totally unknown. Maybe it was Fumbles's naive display and the fact that Complains seemed to actually question whether it worked that way for a second. Yes, that is primarily there for comedic reasons, but it makes it seem like that most of them don't honestly know about it. Or it could be that most of them have simply never met a female they were interested in, due to their time at the (almost) female-free warcamp.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:51 am

kida wrote:
Orzahn wrote:When was Big Ears orientation ever confirmed? I know there was a whole speculation page on it a while back, and Thunt had said there is a(or are) Gay character(s) but when was it ever stated? Also am I the only one who thinks One-Eye should be seen with Big Ears near it?
Thunt confirmed it
Indeed. He's confirmed it on the livestream multiple times. And I'm pretty sure on Twitter, too.

What he said on the stream last night was that the next page will out Ears to the GAP. What he didn't say was whom Ears would see in the pillar.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:25 am

WearsHats wrote:What he said on the stream last night was that the next page will out Ears to the GAP. What he didn't say was whom Ears would see in the pillar.
Well, if it is One Eye then I could try a new avatar.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Re: 22 Oct 2015: Not your business.

Post by RocketScientist » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:28 am

I hope it's One Eye. I liked him. Although a small part of me is hoping it's a guy who was back at the village for some reason, and isn't dead. But that doesn't seem likely.

Wait, if it's going to out him, then the others don't know? I assumed they all knew and it wasn't a big deal, since it was originally part of a throwaway joke, and then it wasn't expected to come up at all. :?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:17 pm

Well, even if they do know, MM doesn't so it would be outing him to the human... :shrug:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles
UStream Username: Zathyr

Post by Zathyr » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:25 pm

Maybe just outing him to most of the comic readers?
RocketScientist wrote:Yes, wasn't Thunt planning on going back and changing everything to serpent folk, because Yuan-ti is Wizards of the Coast's property, and not freely usable?
I don't remember exactly what Thunt said about this, but as I recall he said more recently that there isn't much point in changing words that have already been published in print volumes, but he can be careful going forward.
Image And always make sure your dragons are happy little dragons.

SpellsBedly
Of Few Words

Post by SpellsBedly » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:31 am

When I read the comic I thought "a crate of beer says Kin will pass through this room at some point". But I also like the idea that this is a setup for something the other pillars have to show. It would be totally awkward if they still see each other on the hate pillar... (Not that I think that will happen.)

Edit: or maybe this pillar shows a picture because there are eyes on it. That means the nose pillar smells like Kin???