September 6, 2015 Breaking the Ties

Discuss the comic here!
LooksClosely
Whispers Softly

September 6, 2015 Breaking the Ties

Post by LooksClosely » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:36 pm

http://www.goblinscomic.org/09062015-2/

I wonder what the staff's power is? Dispell magic? And the new room certainly looks interesting.

Starling
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: September 6, 2015 Breaking the Ties

Post by Starling » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:21 pm

Ah, an eye pillar, mouth pillar, face pillar, tail pillar and... umm, what's that? Testicle pillar?
LooksClosely wrote:I wonder what the staff's power is? Dispell magic?
That, or it's the staff of the guy who magicked those vines... and fell victim to them immediately.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:03 am

Are the vines paladin?

The transcription:
http://www.goblinscomic.com/09062015-2/ wrote:
► Show Spoiler
unshaded image
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

StarkenRED
Remains Silent

Post by StarkenRED » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:31 am

LooksClosely wrote:http://www.goblinscomic.org/09062015-2/

I wonder what the staff's power is? Dispell magic? And the new room certainly looks interesting.

That's what I was thinking too. A staff that dispells magic. I'm wondering if it can also break Kin's leash/collar.

LooksClosely
Whispers Softly

Post by LooksClosely » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:07 am

StarkenRED wrote:That's what I was thinking too. A staff that dispells magic. I'm wondering if it can also break Kin's leash/collar.
Clever thought StarkenRED.

mertol
Whispers Softly

Post by mertol » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:21 am

Is his axe going through the ropes? Also why did they fly down the hall? Also there is a bug with the layers - the light from the ceiling os over the pillars.

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: dbg_

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:29 am

mertol wrote:Is his axe going through the ropes? Also why did they fly down the hall? Also there is a bug with the layers - the light from the ceiling os over the pillars.
It's okay for the light to be over the pillar that is further away than the said skylight. You have to be more specific, i don't see any bugs.

The axe is not going through, Big Ears is just unable to cut it like that. Maybe, they are cuttable only in one place, or maybe only from a good swing. It can be a protection from being cut loose by the victims of the vines.

P.S. Complains took a sword that Thaco was experimenting with.
Thunt told in one of the streams that everyone got something. I don't see anything new for Minmax and Big Ears.

P.P.S. one of the russian readers thinks that the rightmost pillar is... kidneys.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:59 am

Everyone will get something "in this dungeon", iirc. So, there's plenty of time for Big Ears and Minmax to grab some loot.
And plenty of opportunity for Senor Vorpal Kickass'o (Fumbles) to grab something else too.

mertol
Whispers Softly

Post by mertol » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:05 am

The purple and the red pillars in the background are bugged - the red one is behind the light at about half its height and the purple at the same height. Also the teal pillar's bottom end seems closer to us than the red one's but the top ends are the other way around. I judge bottom ends distance by the darkness of the pink moss.
Last edited by mertol on Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:19 am

Ah, i see it now too!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:34 am

Yep, you're right, mertol.
(counting left to right)
pillars 4 and 6 seem wrong in regard to the roof-lights. Pillar three is correct.

mertol
Whispers Softly

Post by mertol » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:51 am

Still red pillar should be a lot shorter it's almost as high as the green pillar.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:00 am

Well... I'll cite the group for that:

"Weird."

Strawberrycocoa
Mutters to Themself

Post by Strawberrycocoa » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:10 am

Can one small fib like Big Ears did really cost him his paladin powers? Could that be why the axe won't cut anymore?

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles
UStream Username: Zathyr

Post by Zathyr » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:55 am

mertol wrote:Also the teal pillar's bottom end seems closer to us than the red one's but the top ends are the other way around. I judge bottom ends distance by the darkness of the pink moss.
There's just more light coming in around the teal pillar, so it may seem closer but I believe the red one is intended to be much closer. Not that I think it actually matters at all. I think the important thing is they're in a really big room with freaky pillar things and some trees and some form of ground covering of a very familiar color.

The goblins have shown themselves to be pretty good climbers in the past. They may be able to climb back up to that room to gather up some more treasure and equipment. It would be a little odd from a comic story perspective to introduce a new area only to turn back, but it could be handled off-camera - someone climbs up and tosses the useful stuff down while other folks talk and look around down there.
Image And always make sure your dragons are happy little dragons.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:14 am

Strawberrycocoa wrote:Can one small fib like Big Ears did really cost him his paladin powers? Could that be why the axe won't cut anymore?
Then it would never have cut for Saral Caine, who never was a paladin....

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:40 pm

Another observation over from the russian discussion: There is reddish background. There is a grey column with faces, that i think is a centerpiece. Expect the Oblivious.

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:37 pm

Where is Name's other sword? Did I miss something?

Kamos
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Kamos » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:05 pm

He never talked about leaving it behind or swapping it out, he just has the new one now. Bit odd, would kind of figure that sword would have more significance.
ImageImage Feed the beast please.

Sessine
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Sessine » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:17 pm

Can't really judge pillar distances by the appearance of the gunk on the ground, not until the final shading has been finished. Also, pillars are different thicknesses. The grey one is thicker than the red one.

I agree with Mertal and Krulle that, for both the purple and red pillars, a ceiling light behind the pillar is showing up in front of it, and there's no way it can be anything other than a drawing error. Hey, it happens. Easy fix. I'm sure Thunt will take care it when he does the final shading.

Looks to me like the purple one is the farthest away. (Well, except for the really distant one between the green and teal pillars. Krulle, I think you might have missed that one when counting from the left.)
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:27 pm

I saw it later, but left it out (did not edit my post) as by virtue of distance and size pillar 2.5 is not one we can really speculate about....

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:18 am

Kamos wrote:He never talked about leaving it behind or swapping it out, he just has the new one now. Bit odd, would kind of figure that sword would have more significance.
He dropped it into the water earlier, so he probably couldn't find it now if he wanted to.

Morgaln
Likes to Contribute

Post by Morgaln » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:50 am

Glemp wrote:
Kamos wrote:He never talked about leaving it behind or swapping it out, he just has the new one now. Bit odd, would kind of figure that sword would have more significance.
He dropped it into the water earlier, so he probably couldn't find it now if he wanted to.
He was still holding it after the ropes grabbed him: Last panel

Someguy
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Someguy » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:43 am

Dammit, they haven't finished looting all the other stuff yet.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:52 am

This is a dangerous dungeon. I'm sure there will be more space with dead adventurers who can be looted, and/or even some dungeon-provided loot.
► Show Spoiler