05 June 2015: It's a hard struggle!

Discuss the comic here!
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: 05 June 2015: It's a hard struggle!

Post by Krulle » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:09 am

SpeaksManyLanguages wrote:Colored version is up http://www.goblinscomic.org/06072015/
Although, it doesn't fix fangs or the ropes.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_[color=green]Goblins[/color] wrote:Whew! Finally finished all of that shading and-OH DAMMIT I FORGOT TO ADD COMPLAINS' FANGS! (sigh) http://www.goblinscomic.org
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

mertol
Whispers Softly

Post by mertol » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:19 am

Kamos wrote:He is, but he is also capable of the most profound stupidity available as we all know. This is just one of those moments.
Well he has min and max moments...

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: dbg_

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:29 am

Tarol posted the fixed page on patreon (fangs and ropes are fixed), i believe it's coming to the website ASAP too.

(Krulle: heh, yeah, I knew about that tweet. Sorry, I didn't express myself more clearly)
Zathyr wrote:I think the action lines around struggling Minmax might look a little too hard with the face blurred like that. I'm not sure how it would look with softer lines, maybe thinner? Or maybe I just need to get used to it.
I fully agree. The sharp lines on the blurred face look out of place. I'ld wish it wasn't blurred like that at all, actually, a motion blur would be so much better.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:29 am

I just desired to point out that Thunt already knows... :)
Nothing against you, either personally, directly, indirectly, implicitly, generally,...

(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:36 am

I imagine the play by play between MM's player and Herbert would be particularly entertaining... and frustrating for the GM.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:43 am

the player might go for his strength being sufficient that the vines snap when tightening past their limit, before reaching MM's limit.

Cold Burn
Remains Silent

Post by Cold Burn » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:04 pm

Man at first I was all- god dammit MinMax- can't you tell that didn't work for the all the corpse's?! then I stopped and realized something. Not moving clearly is not the answer either- because all the corpses are not struggling. And then it became a question of "do I try something or nothing?"

i mean he clearly hasn't reached an answer that will work- but the ways he is looking at is "I can sit and wait for death, or try everything that comes to mind- I'm going with the one that means that I tried and is over quicker- cause starving doesn't sound fun"

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:26 am

Nope, too much. Would've been better as three panels.
Looking forward to how they get out of this though!
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:30 am

Ah, the fangs and extra vines in panels 10,11 have been added: http://www.goblinscomic.org/comics/20150608.jpg
(before: http://www.goblinscomic.org/comics/20150607.jpg )

Ansan Gotti
Mutters to Themself

Post by Ansan Gotti » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:39 am

I personally think it would be neat if MinMax said, "Everything's going black!" And then his armor changes color and black happens to be a freedom of movement effect. And then he cuts the Goblins loose with Oblivious.

Random prediction/hope. :)

mertol
Whispers Softly

Post by mertol » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:17 am

Minmax is right - probably noone else has been dumb enough to struggle. Maybe that is the way of getting out. Imagine the goblins' faces if his ropes snap in the next panel :D

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:14 am

SpeaksManyLanguages wrote:
Krulle wrote:Well, we know that Thaco chose his class very carefully.
But it didn't help him last time.
► Show Spoiler

LooksClosely
Whispers Softly

Post by LooksClosely » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:46 pm

Morgaln wrote:
Urobolos wrote:
Xavier78 wrote:Yup, Minmax is still a complete moron. Unbelievably so too. Good to see that never changes... No offense, but I found nothing funny or remotely interesting this comic. *shrug* Maybe next time.
Yep, consistency of character and stats. Good to see that happen. I found this comic to be quite funny and interesting. More please!
I cannot agree. This, this and this show that Minmax is capable of far smarter solutions to problems than he is showing in the current strip. That is very inconsistent.
You've documented a good case there Morgaln. But it doesn't bother me that he's commonly dumb in comic relief fashion too. :shrug:

SpellsBedly
Of Few Words

Post by SpellsBedly » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:22 am

I like to imagine Minmax's player is sitting around a table somewhere, trying to make this a defining moment in his character development.

Player: "Then logically..."
DM: "Intelligence check, DC 5."
Player: *rolls* "...we have to struggle really, really, really hard!"

Although I can't really figure out if Minmax's player would be annoyed by that call from the DM or think it's awesome that he gets to be dumb and endanger everyone and it's not even his fault.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:01 am

Ot's not combat related this time.
PsyMax was. RingMax/Ringath were. The tower-race/keys indeed not, but then his target always was getting the keys up... Grab and throw. Then climb up himself was likely planned... So his plan failed there... But he knew he could trace back to the hole in the wall/roof and try to climb back up...